Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zombie thread

+14
Samiam
Moltenfield
Hollyღ
Top Hat Zebra
Ziggles
D-Munny
Tacoline
Jonny
Katls
Gorgro
Travelcube
JT_the_Ninja
someguy3657
Packie
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Katls

Katls

*sigh* And books too. That doesn't fit biological requirements to eleminate oxygen from the mix. Oxygen is required for many esental celluar funtions. Life on our planet is built around oxygen and no living creature that we know about can survie without it. This includes humans.
Also let's add one more thing: the book is a work of fiction. It was made to entertain. I'm dealing with threodical science here by alpying what I know about biology. The human body needs all organs active to survive, so shuting down one without giving asstence with something to replace it(a doner or articfal) the rest of the body will envetally stop funtioning. There is a reason that the living dead are called the living dead. They are alive. They are not dead, they are undead, alive a second time with less humanity and intelignce. They are still resticted by what the body requires to survive before reanimation.
And the concept of human flesh having no nutisional value is 100% bulls***. Where does all of those nutrents that you eat go? To the cells, which make up everything in your body. While some go to only specific types of cells, it doesn't change the fact that humans are in all honesty very, very nutitous.

152Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Actually, we have discovered quite a few different organisms that do not require oxygen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_organism

Also, thats not what undead means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undead

Or, undead (ʌnˈdɛd)

— adj
a. (of a fictional being, such as a vampire) technically dead but reanimated
b. ( as collective noun; preceded by the ): the undead

153Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Katls

Katls

Alright, the anaerobic organism thing. I was taught about that, I can't belive that I forgot about that. Let me point this out: bacteria. Single celled organizms. No complex organizms in that group. Do you know why? It is increably inefficent to use fregmentation and anaerobic resperation, far enough that it will not suport anyting as complex as a tick, let alone a human, one of the most complex organizms on the planet. While humans utalize fregnetaion, it is used in situations where oxygen doesn't provide enough energy i.e. a long run in adition to normal respreation.
And the literal defintion is reanimated, and in an creature, this means that the bodly funtions would the same as before because you only gve it life again. Mental funtions are exclued from this although.

154Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:44 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Hmm, I've been thinking.

At first, I figured I was worseoff here, against zombies. The houses are only single walled, and there are lots of doors and windows, and the Jungle is not a nice place to have to deal with zombies.

But, actually, Im pretty fucking well off here. Here's why:

1: The enviroment is not suitable for zombies. They'd decompose more quickly in Hawaii, due to a number of factors.

2: Low population, and population density. With an area of 4,028 square miles and a population of only 175,784, there won't be too many zombies roaming around. The way it's set up, is:

Small village, big open area with maybe a few houses/other buildings, another small village, etc.

There are, as of my knowledge, two cities on this island, both of them tiny. No more than towns, really.

3: Plenty of freshwater, through the huge rainfall.

4: Plenty of food. It's so incredibly easy to grow things here, guys. You can, literally, forget to water your plants forever, and they will still grow.

We had a tomato tree guys. A tomato tree

Plus, SPAM is hugely popular in Hawaii. It's never really goes bad, and is extremely abundant, and can be eaten without cooking it. Very useful.

These are just a few things that are in my favour. I never even mentioned the dangerous terrain, or abundant fish, etc.

155Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:14 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

And then a volcano erupts all over the place? []

http://www.jttheninja.com

156Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Nah. The volcano is always erupting.

Like, always. Constantly.

157Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Katls

Katls

I live in a desert vally. The offical city that I live in is dead if the undead get there, both from the dencity of the town's population and the fact that it's right next to a Navy base with a lot of airplanes that are armed to the teeth. But as long as the bombs don't drop over in my nerborhood, I'm well set as far as zombie infestation goes. I'm between two small towns, both of them semi-arid and have some nice gun shops. Zombies are not survieing long out here. Flesh is hard to come by out, not counting humans or house pets, and they will die out quickly from various things, including those horrible 'ratlers.

158Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Zombies can only be killed by destroying the brain, so poison would do nothing.

California is a dangerous place to be, with zombies. Lot's of people.

Plus, the chance of looters and gangs is pretty high.

159Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

So we're talking about undead zombies, not green flu zombies?

160Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Yes.

161Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Katls

Katls

Top Hat Zebra wrote:Zombies can only be killed by destroying the brain, so poison would do nothing.

California is a dangerous place to be, with zombies. Lot's of people.

Plus, the chance of looters and gangs is pretty high.
1. What do you think happens with a rattlesnake bite? It's a neruotoxin, disigned to attack the brain. And the brian depends on the same things as our brain does, so they can be killed every way we can. Their still human, just thery have lost what makes them human by most people's standards.
2. I'm in a friggn valley. In the middle of bucking nowhere. What happens to the rest of California is not my consern. The zomibes aint getting in here from outside. Zomibes are not known for their conordination, so good luck getting over our mountians zomibes.
3. Who is idiot enough to form a gang next to a miltitary base and there is nothing really to loot here.

162Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

1: A neruotoxin requires blood to be flowing. Zombies have no blood flowing. What you're refering to is "Infected" which is something totally different.

2: Where do you get food and water from?

3: That military base would be overrun pretty quickly.

163Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Katls

Katls

Oh, so your talking about Voodo zombies huh? The kind that have no chance of existing what-so-ever? The ones that are biologicly impossible?
You can throw around your hocus-pokous bulls*** around, but let the threotical scientists do their work, alright? Seriously, what your talking about is something that would only work with something stupid liek magic. I hate watching a lot of zombie movies becasue there is a huge lack in realisim that my mind can't handle when that lack of realisim can easly be repaired.
How can something like anaerobic respration suport a large, complex body? How can the body work without oxygen? How can the mucesles work without the percious ATP particals(which require oxyegen) that carry energy around not being there? Give me a solid scientific explanation from that and I'll start working with that.
Also:
1. Poison does damage to flesh too
2. Wells and when the zombies are dead, the military base will have no problem spareing a little food to us surviors.
3. These guys are trained warriors. And they have planes. And bombs. And some pretty f***ed up experimental weaonry that feels like an earthquake has traveled through our town when they do the testing. Those zombies are not getting through all that.

164Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

They are soldiers, not warriors. There is a huge difference. soldiers are not trained to fight hordes of unarmed civiies that can only be killed by destroying the brain.

Plus, many people would go to the military when the shit hit the fan. Many people would also have already been bitten. Which, unless the military knew exactly what to do in that situation, would end that base pretty quickly.

As to whether it's realistic, OF COURSE IT ISN'T REALISTIC! IT'S FUCKING ZOMBIES!

There is no natural explanation for zombies, that's the whole point. If we all knew exactly how they worked, then what would be the point?

Ponies sure as hell aren't realistic in any way, but you never say anything about that...

Also, poison works by shutting down vital organs, which it does by traveling through the blood stream. Zombies do not have a blood stream, because they are dead. As they are already dead, their flesh is already rotting, so poison wouldn't really make much of a difference at all.

If you want a (Flimsy) possible scientific explaination, read this

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

Sure, none of them are perfect, but that's because zombies are un-explainable. They are beyond human understanding. Sometimes, shit just happens, and we don't know why. Not everything has been explained by science, and in the event of zombies, science has bigger problems than trying to figure out how they are possible.

Like, not getting eaten.

165Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Katls

Katls

Unexplainable? Something that has something to do with something as simple as the alternation of something's physology, unexplainable?
One of the sad things about sicence is that it is either underestimated, overestimated, or missused/igonred.
If that article had anything to say, it would be that it would be easy for the perffesionals to figure out what is behind it. And once we know what's behind it, we can stop it.
I swear, the Umbrella Corp. are so dang incomitent... but right now I'm going to say something a little more about that acusation about our miltary base.
1. Bombs that shake our city. BOMBS.
2.Seriously, how hard is it to tell if something is a zomibe or not? Zombie media has been around long enough to see that "oh hey, look how that mob of people are acting. Great, it's the zombie apoclispe."
3. Once agian, not hard to kill a human. Zombies are humans. How many times do I have to say this?

166Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Zombies aren't humans, that is the point.

They were, at one point, but they're not anymore. That. is. the. whole. point.

If we were talking about angry humans, we wouldn't be doing it in the Zombie thread, would we?

1: Do you think the military is authorized to just bomb an American city? They can't do that, and they sure as hell aren't going to be told to do that before they're overrun.

2: Do you know how many non-military people live on a military base? I lived next to Barksdale airforce base for most of my life, and it would not withstand a zombie attack. It's simply not built for it. Add that to the fact that it can take up to 24 hours for a person to transform into a zombie after being infected, and you can see how easy it would be for someone who was bit to just slip into the base, get sick, turn, and then start attacking people. This would draw people away from the perimeter, which would be bad if a horde was outside. Which, there would be one outside, due to how everyone would go to the military base if this happened. That would be the first place someone would go, before they even knew what was happening.

167Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Katls

Katls

Alright, this is a zombie invasion. Do you think that extreme messures would be athorized and taken imedately? I'm more scared of the skys than the zombies on Z-day.
Once agian, I like in the middle of nowhere. The zomibe hordes will not make their way up the mountians. And the mountians aren't restricted from bombing under almost any condition.

168Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

But it's not an invasion. It's a sudden thing, it pops up out of nowhere and hits literally overnight.

Extreme measures would more than likely not be taken. I mean, the government has no idea what's going on, NOBODY has any idea whats going on. That's what makes this such a terrible situation.

169Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Katls

Katls

Ok Zebra, how about this?
Our geography makes us super isolated. How are the zombies going to get in in unmagangable numbers when the only way to get here is by car(which they aren't fit to drive anyways) or by plane(once agian, not good for riding on planes, so if they turn on the plane, the plane will crash and the zomibes will die in flames and if the plane lands it will be easy to contian)?
And it doesn't take much to figure out "Oh hey, zombies!"

170Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

What if it starts there?

But, you're right. Isolation is a good thing, but even then, you're not safe. You're in Calafornia, man. There are huge amounts of people in that state, the odds of a huge horde coming for you are pretty great.

Anywhere a car can go, a zombie can go. I mean, all it takes is one person getting bit, and not telling anyone, and your city's chances of going to shit skyrocket.

All it takes is one bite.

171Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Katls

Katls

And a zombie actaully making it here alive. Most zombies will not get out of the cities, because most people get out of the cities. Highways become buffet tables. Deserts are death traps for whatever gos through there on foot. Forests become the most horrifing peek-a-boo game area ever. Buildings become minefields. Farms become more crowded than a circus with both the living and the undead. There is simply nowhere to go when a city is hit.

172Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Now, about the desert thing. Zombies don't need food, or water, to survive, so that already takes a lot of the danger out of a desert for a zombie. The heat will still get them, but, the lack of moisture will help them stay.... "Alive" longer.

You, on the other hand, need food and water. So, you'll of course have to leave and get food, if not water.

You're right about the most zombies not leaving the city though. They'll more than likely not have a reson to leave. On the other hand, zombies won't give up chasing something. So, if a helicoptor, or car, or person walking, passed through the city, and one zombie saw it/him, then that zombie will alert other zombies (Indirectly, through moans, as zombies are not even aware of other zombies existance) which will alert other zombies, and so on, until an entire horde is chasing after the person/ object that attracet their attention in the first place.

In this way, a helicoptor passing over a city, headed in your direction, could very well send a giant horde your way.

Which sucks.

173Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Katls

Katls

Bombs. Hordes are easy to see form the air.
Seriously, the government is not stupid. It would autherize the bombing of cities.

174Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

No, I don't think they would.

Have you seen what happens to countries that try to bomb their own cities nowadays?

Plus, what's the point of bombing all your cities? I mean, the government is trying to not destroy their country.

It just goes down to people not understanding. Millions of people would be infected, because their son, or their wife, or their mother, etc. got infected, and they couldn't kill them, or believed they were just sick, or whatever.

You CANNOT count on people in this situation, they WILL let you down, and you WILL die because of it.

175Zombie thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Zombie thread Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Katls

Katls

Then why are we even discussing this? If there's no way to surivie, then wy bother talking about it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum