Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+19
Jubedy
Samiam
eren jaeger
DandyLionGx
Ziggles
D-Munny
Gorgro
Travelcube
Bowen
Katls
SQUIGGLES
AwesomeMedic
Tasha the Silly Panda
Hollyღ
Tacoline
Icriex the Hyperbolic
Taiju
someguy3657
Jonny
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 17]

126Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:54 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

AwesomeMedic wrote:IMMVGD: TALES OF SYMPHONIA REMAKE IN HD!!!!!!

TTBMVG: IT'S ONLY ON PS3!!!!!!
Well, it's not only going to be on PS3...

Oh woops how did that get there

127Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Bowen

Bowen

I'm not sure PS3 emulators exist, actually.

128Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:13 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

.ISO yes............PIRATE TIME!

129Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:13 am

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Bowen wrote:I'm not sure PS3 emulators exist, actually.
I think they're buggy and resource demanding, but I'm pretty sure they exist.

Guys. I have a dilemma.Do I get Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMix, or the Ocarina remake for the 3DS? You have two hours to convince me. Go. I should probably mention I've never played the original of either.

EDIT: Fixed a bug where I said "They exist" twice. Added addendum to question.

Last edited by Icriex the Hyperbolic on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total

130Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:18 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

Ocarina 3D because I've never been a fan of Kingdom Hearts. Except Sephiroth battle. Epic.

131Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:50 am

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

I've never played any Kingdom of Hearts, but I do like LoZ, and a friend of mine has the 3D remake of Ocarina, I've played a part of it on her 3DS, it was really good.

132Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:10 am

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

Oh, someone gifted me Killing Floor!
I know some people from the forum play it, it's mainly a co-op game I think? So message me on Steam when you're playing sometime, I'm only just trying it out :3

133Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:04 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Tasha the Silly Panda wrote:I've never played any Kingdom of Hearts, but I do like LoZ, and a friend of mine has the 3D remake of Ocarina, I've played a part of it on her 3DS, it was really good.
It's just Kingdom Hearts. KINGDOM HEARTS.

Guys why is this so difficult.

134Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:17 am

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

I ended up getting both. I'm glad I did.
New Question: Is Kingdom Hearts actually a hard game, or did I build Sora wrong? (Took sword, Gave up shield)

135Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 am

Jonny

Jonny

No, that's not a bad option. As I understand it, the sword, shield and staff represent your Strength, Defence and Magic. So you get a boost in one and a reduction in the other; you've got higher strength and lower defence with magic remaining unaffected. I believe this means you won't learn to block moves for a while, but when you learn Dodge Roll it's not really a big deal.

You've also got to factor in the difficulty you chose at the start of the game, and the outcome of the three questions you were asked by Selphie, Tidus and Wakka in the Awakening section. The later in the day your journey started, the longer it'll take you to level up (at least initially) and the harder the game will be as a result.

I recommend completing Deep Jungle as soon as you can: you'll learn Cure once you do, giving you a big advantage in battle. You might also want to equip a Keyblade that gives you a magic boost as your increased strength should balance things out nicely.

I tend to sacrifice the sword and go all out on the magic, myself. I put Donald on defence and Goofy on attack, I think.

136Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:09 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Berzerk is a game I could play for hours on end...why has it not been brought into the current generation of consoles? [ ]

http://www.jttheninja.com

137Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:20 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

Anyone with Steam must stop what they are doing right now and buy "The Stanley Parable".

Also don't be like Taco and look up playthroughs on the internet, you'll ruin the experience

138Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Jubedy

Jubedy

Seen it on the store page, but havent really seen anything about it... is it worth it?

139Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:53 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

I'll say this about it:

It's an interactive "choose your own adventure" game with over a dozen endings. It began as a Half Life mod, but it's now its own standalone game. Some of the endings can be completed in 5 minutes, others in 15, and one can be completed in a second. Some are serious, some have massive plot twists, and some seem to have been written by AM and Taco. The narrator is a well spoken english gentleman that tells you what you should do before you do it (your first choice is entering a room with two doors, and the narrator says "When Stanley came to a set of two open doors, he entered the door on his left). Along with all of that are a bunch of secrets and stupid stuff hidden here and there.

If you're still not convinced that it sounds cool, the developers created a demo for the game. Then they made a custom one just for Danny and Ross from "Steam Train" to play.

And if you're STILL not convinced about how awesome this game and the people who made it are, they made this as a response to an idiotic and sexist review of their game:

140Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 am

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

I used to be terrified of games where stuff can suddenly jump up and try to kill you. Usually I'd turn the computer off, run away, roll up into a ball, cry, repeat. But I'm totes fearless now and I played Killing Floor for a little bit, and shot scary zombies right in the face. (But then I switched to flamethrowers and burned everything down from a lovely distance, awesome.)
Video Games - Page 6 Kf_ach10

Take that, creepy zombies (some of which were clown dolls. Clown. Dolls.)

141Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:03 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

We need to meet up one day and play all of the Killing Floor

142Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

We're playing right now! There's 5 or 6 of us :3

143Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:51 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

ON THE ONE NIGHT WHERE I AM NOT HOME

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

144Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:34 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Apparently this is a thing that can happen in Pokemon X/Y:

Video Games - Page 6 Mewtwo-I-Love-You

....#genwunnerstatusconfirmed....[ ]

145Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:53 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

I confirm this. And it's hilarious. Especially with Yvetal, the pokemon of destruction. I'M PETTING AND RUBBING THE HEAD OF THE POKEMON OF DESTRUCTION, THE DESTROYER OF WORLD!!! AND EVEN ARCEUS!

146Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:01 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

"Who's a good little God of Creation? Hm? You are! Yoooou are!"

147Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:38 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

In other news, I got Midnight Madness for Atari 2600 yesterday...my vote for the best pinball game on the system, just ahead of Bumper Bash (and considerably ahead of the still-pretty-decent Video Pinball). [ ]

148Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 am

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

someguy3657 wrote:Anyone with Steam must stop what they are doing right now and buy "The Stanley Parable".

Also don't be like Taco and look up playthroughs on the internet, you'll ruin the experience
I played the demo and I kind of liked it, seems like a unique and witty game, and I liked the narrator. Though it seems a bit expensive for a sort of "explore/pick your own adventure" thing. I'm usually not much into this kind of game and I imagine the things you can do are a bit limited?
I remain unconvinced, maybe I'll get it if it's on sale at some point.

149Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:21 am

Jonny

Jonny

I got Gravity Rush for the PS Vita yesterday (because getting a hard copy of it nowadays is just...eugh.) I've only played a few minutes of it, but first impressions are pretty positive. It uses the system's capabilities in subtle but interesting ways.

150Video Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Video Games Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:38 pm

Bowen

Bowen

So. I finally got around to playing Final Fantasy 7.
And, well...
I certainly haven't been struck speechless by its apparent mega super ultra bestest of the series power yet.
I mean, the gameplay is fine and so is the story, I guess. Maybe it's because like anyone else who's existed in the past 10 years or so I've picked up enough of the story that nothing really surprises me. Y'know, Cloudy boy's a whiny twat, sphere-o-Wroth is a big ol' cunt, whatshername's getting the chop by the aforementioned sphere, gun arm is stereotypically black. y'know, all the 'good' bits.
So I guess I could give the story a free pass.

However, what really kills the game is its obsession with motherfucking minigames. As soon as I start to enjoy the gameplay or story even slightly another awkward, overly long minigame starts.

I need a wig so Cloudy boy can finally be a woman. Better do some fucking crunches for a transvestite. How? Press the switch button. What the fuck is a switch button? Good question.

Escape with your surprise motorcycle. Attack with the switch button. Don't remember what that button is? Well, tough shit, boyo.

Now march in place. Press switch! No, too late, dickhead, press the okay button. Fuck you're slow. Pressing the okay button, really? We're up to cancel now, Zebra.

TLDR: Bowen doesn't like minigames.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum