Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+18
AwesomeMedic
eren jaeger
Samiam
someguy3657
Tacoline
Bowen
Taiju
Moltenfield
Packie
JT_the_Ninja
D-Munny
Gorgro
Hollyღ
SQUIGGLES
Jonny
Katls
Top Hat Zebra
AJ
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Who is best?

Video Games Vote_lcap67%Video Games Vote_rcap 67% [ 10 ]
Video Games Vote_lcap33%Video Games Vote_rcap 33% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1Video Games Empty Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:29 am

AJ

AJ

7.99 for the base game I think, 30 including all DLC (on Steam)

https://facebook.com/AJKemp

2Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I would say..... Try the base game first.

3Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Katls

Katls

So, I've had Warcraft III for the last two days, both me and S170 are addicted, and we're going to install the expansion tomorrow.
I'm also going to copy the disks so that I can also install it on the other computer and still be able to run it on this one(thank regestry keys for forcing my hand on this) so me and S170 can have a really fun time killing eachother in the multiplayer. We're working on specail rules for the first battle, and me and him have been argueing who's stratagy will beat the others.
S170's winning so far. I'm going to be hard-pressed to beat his heros. In the end it'll be a bloody, gory mess with huge mounds of bodies and a few wings(don't ask) with our two heros, blood-soaked, about to fall over, no mana left, and in a serious brawl, I just know it. I'll keep that replay till the end of time, I swear.

4Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Katls wrote:So, I've had Warcraft III for the last two days, both me and S170 are addicted, and we're going to install the expansion tomorrow.
I'm also going to copy the disks so that I can also install it on the other computer and still be able to run it on this one(thank regestry keys for forcing my hand on this) so me and S170 can have a really fun time killing eachother in the multiplayer. We're working on specail rules for the first battle, and me and him have been argueing who's stratagy will beat the others.
S170's winning so far. I'm going to be hard-pressed to beat his heros. In the end it'll be a bloody, gory mess with huge mounds of bodies and a few wings(don't ask) with our two heros, blood-soaked, about to fall over, no mana left, and in a serious brawl, I just know it. I'll keep that replay till the end of time, I swear.

Have you ever played any Total War games?

Because I have a feeling you would like them...

5Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Katls

Katls

I KNOW I would like them. High praise for RTS draws me like a moth to a flame.
I still have yet to find one though.
EDIT: Also, the Cyrpt Lord's Carrion Beetles are pretty useful in a pinch like what this battle gets to the point that I perdict. If so, once my Crypt Lord gets enough mana during the brawl...
*evil grin*

6Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Steam.

Just get Steam. They're all there.

I HIGHLY recommend Medieval 2 Total War Gold Edition. Even if you don't like the Medieval era, there are so many mods for that game that change it to other era's and/or fantasy realms.

Empire is pretty good. If you don't mind the smaller campaign map, I would skip it and get Napoleon, though. Sure, you don't get to invade India as the French, but the gameplay is very much better.

I would say hold off on Shogun 2, unless you're intersted in Japanese history. It is a very good game, but it just feels lacking.

7Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Katls

Katls

I'd get all of the ones you mentioned. Shogun 2 has always interested me, Medevil 2 is the same, and the name "Napoleon" just grabs me. HE is a true Frenchman, not the ninnies that people see of the French today.

8Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Katls wrote:I'd get all of the ones you mentioned. Shogun 2 has always interested me, Medevil 2 is the same, and the name "Napoleon" just grabs me. HE is a true Frenchman, not the ninnies that people see of the French today.

Chillbumps, no?

9Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Damn, I thought you were talking about Medievil 2 there for a second.

Video Games Medievil2_2

10Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

HEY I REMEMBER THAT GAME
Well, the first one, anyway.

What's the second one like?

11Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Dewmann wrote:I saw all the trailers but didn't think it had come out yet, so, while looking for information on a release date, I got a major spoiler on the villain, and was all like FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Whats the major spoiler on the villain? You can tell me in spoiler tags, I'm not ever going to play the game anyway. I just need to know for some reason.

12Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 12:03 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

"I need to know the spoilers for... for a friend."

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

13Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 12:23 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Spoiler:

14Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 12:28 am

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Oh man. I really want to open that spoiler.

But I also really don't.

15Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 12:59 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

So, um...Steam is coming to Linux....[]

http://www.jttheninja.com

16Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 1:00 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Reading that spoiler was like drinking cool water after walking through the desert. I don't have a problem with having to know spoilers, but if someone knows a spoiler I don't, I really really really need to know the spoiler.

Also that was a pretty interesting spoiler. Still not worth getting the game though.

17Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 1:55 am

Katls

Katls

Top Hat Zebra wrote:
Katls wrote:I'd get all of the ones you mentioned. Shogun 2 has always interested me, Medevil 2 is the same, and the name "Napoleon" just grabs me. HE is a true Frenchman, not the ninnies that people see of the French today.

Chillbumps, no?
Yeah, THAT is a Frenchman.

18Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 2:29 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Katls wrote:Warcraft III
Not really sure how I missed this post but anyway

Warcraft III is a brilliant game.
Just a heads-up; it's not really worth connecting battle.net, if you haven't already, and playing multiplayer; even though there's still plenty of people playing it, they're all bitter old bastards and it's really just an all-round un-fun experience.

19Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 4:06 am

Packie

Packie

Katls wrote:
Top Hat Zebra wrote:

Chillbumps, no?
Yeah, THAT is a Frenchman.

From Corsica. Which was Italian when Napoleon was born...

20Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 am

Jonny

Jonny

semicolon wrote:HEY I REMEMBER THAT GAME
Well, the first one, anyway.

What's the second one like?

Pretty naff, really. It's got about half the number of levels, a lot of weapons recycled from the first game (and the new ones aren't brilliant), the levels that are there bear no resemblance to the areas of London they're based on, and if I recall correctly, the healing fountains don't reset when you return to a level. This means it's damn difficult to refill your potions and prepare for later levels.

On paper it's a great idea but it really lacked something in the execution. It's not terrible, by any means: Kew Gardens is great, as is The Time Machine story arc, but it could have been better. I'd recommend it if you've never played it but the first one is way better. I'd love to see a new MediEvil game.

21Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 5:26 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Jonny wrote:naff
What's this word mean? Never heard it before, I'm assuming it's some sort of fancy pants upper-crust British colloquialism.

Fair enough, I guess; I think I'll give it a shot, just to check it out.
The first one really was great.

22Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 5:31 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

semicolon wrote:
Jonny wrote:naff
What's this word mean? Never heard it before, I'm assuming it's some sort of fancy pants upper-crust British colloquialism.

Fair enough, I guess; I think I'll give it a shot, just to check it out.
The first one really was great.

British slang, today meaning uncool, tacky, unfashionable, worthless, can also be used to replace the word "fuck".

Man all British words sounds fluffy and sweet.

23Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 5:35 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I think it sounds like some sort of disease.

"I caught the Naff off that dirty tramp last night"

24Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 5:35 am

Jonny

Jonny

You have never heard of the word naff? It generally means of low quality, but tacky is an acceptable definition too.

Also, in what universe does it replace fuck? One is an adjective, the other is a verb.

25Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue May 01, 2012 5:42 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Jonny wrote:
Also, in what universe does it replace fuck? One is an adjective, the other is a verb.

I just read it on Urban Encyclopedia. I didn't think it made sense either. "I'm going to naff you" or "Man you naffed up."

Last edited by Lady Rare on Tue May 01, 2012 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum