Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's play a few Starcraft Ladder Games and other tid bits from other games!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Katls

Katls

*DISCLAMER: I DO NOT OWN STARCRAFT OR FRAPS*
Hello Ladys, Gents, Queens and Overlords, to my newest atempt to make a Let's Play. I'm not a good player, so this game will help me learn to play better.
First part: Game Settings
Spoiler:
Now we start!
Spoiler:
Now on to the River Styx!(or so I thought)
Spoiler:
Further we pluge into the chared landscape(and into a swift a** kicking)!
Spoiler:
I think I will NOT do this ladder again. Solar Platform is next!
Now to a new adventure! to be redone at later date
And so we begin!
Spoiler:
Intro!
Spoiler:
Now we begin the game, and sept into the best Starcraft starting point in the maps I've played.
Spoiler:

Well, I will now make up for the lost progress by doning something differnt: A map that I'm not only Terran, but it's a campain level that I like somewhat.
Let's begin!
Spoiler:
HIIIIII!
Sorry I haven't been updating much, at first it was me forgeting about it, then something going wrong with Starcraft and it suddenly working again and I still don't know what the f*** happened. So here I am again, enteraining a few people.
Anyways I've been dissigning a few not-so-great maps and I think I might have a decent map or two(one done and under beta testing and one currently being perpared for beta testing)
I'll have the beta testing for both recorded, the second one first due to the first's proven difficulty(Terran and Zerg vs Protoss on Hard AI setting with a few tricks up it's sleves that I will not mention yet).
I'm almost done with the draft for the second map, though I might skip making the breifing and just go strait to gameplay.
I'll update later.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jedi Knight Outcast 2!
This secton is to be expaned at a later date, I have a few issues to iron out with screenshots and recordings.

Last edited by Katls Nalcrato on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 10 times in total

Share this post on: reddit

Be honest guys, am I wasting time with this one? I could do something esle you know, but be honest about this, I don't want to put effort into this if I am going to not going to entertain you guys.

Build some unit too! The AI is a b**ch when its for attack.

You sent your drones to gas way too early. Look at your resources, you have over 1000 gas stockpiled. That could have been minerals, which could have been zerglings. Since you don't need that much gas at the start of the game, I suggest going pool first, and only then getting the extractor. In case the zerglings have a speed upgrade that requires gas (I didn't play broodwar, only SC2, where they do have this) take your guys off gas when you have enough for just the upgrade, then overrun his marines and maybe even the firebats if you can surround them.

I don't have the Brood Wars expasion, but the reson why I jumpped for gas is because, at least in Starcraft 1, is the most gas consuming race of them all, and it's good to have a large stockpile of gas for later uint production, exspaly hydralisks, and my favoret, the scrouge.
I do my best to balence the too, and in the map Space Platform if I get the starting point that I want, you'll see a lot of resource gathering by defalut, minerals being upfront at first, then gas second. That pit is perfect for defence, expesaly air defence, so evolution chambers and and hydralisk dens are imeadate, and then spawning pools will happen so I can expand my tech tree, expeasly with my air units.

Okay, the results are in, and the results say that I will comtine with this. Now would a mod or our great admin remove the poll. I can't do away with it due to the fact that it's been voted upon.

Done

*Grabs popcorn and reads blog* Well, pretend popcorn anyway. I can't eat real popcorn yet.

As I have noticed, the ladder works differntly then I thought, so now I will have to wait to show you the awsomeness of al least the first map of the Solor Platform.

I've stopped wasting time on the ladder I was on and expand this to my personal game blog!

Can you get banelings in SC1? Because even though they're suicide units, they're fantastic against anything biological, like marines and such. My favorite unit in the game, even though I I play Protoss.

Nope, only Starcraft 2, but I've been reading about Heart of the Swarm, and I have a cool idea for the use of two evolution consepts, the Swarmling and the Spliterling.
Swarmling are an evolution of the Zergling, they replace them and are not only a little bit stronger, but also produce in threes for the price of two.
The Splitterlings, as their name sugests, after a Splitterling is kill, two meadum sized ones are spawned and the both do half of the normal Baneling damage. Then when they are killed, two small ones spawn from each, and do a quarter of normal Baneling damage. Basicly, if a whole Splitterling hits a target, it will do THREE times the damage of a normal Baneling in under a second. But the best thing about them is that you would have to have a force SEVEN times larger then the the Splitterling force in order to evenly distrbute fire on the the swarm and all of the smaller Splitterlings that will spawn. This makes it more likely for the Splinterlings to reach their targets. And then when you combine the Swarmling's produce ablitly and the Spitterling's increadble damage potental, and throw in a few Queens on spawning duty and a s*** load of drones, you can have an army that no ground force can stand up to.

The evolutions will only benefit you in the single player campaign though. Wings of Liberty has stuff like medics, science vessels, firebats and all kinds of fancy upgrades in the single player campaign but not in multiplayer. (mostly because terran is already ridiculously overpowered as it is)

I have no idea whats going on but I like it ;3

Hey Gorgro, I know something that you can do in the SC1 brood war expansion in muti player.
3 on 3. Your side's configurations:
Zerg
Terran
Any race(Zerg is best for this build)
Your enemy's configuration doesn't matter.
The prmary Zerg player's army is the attack force. The Terran player is to get the medics ASAP. The thrid player will make defences for the group and can contibute to the attack force.
The plan is to have the Terran player mass build medics and micromange them throughout the confilict. The reason for this is that everything Zerg is boilogical, so they can keep all of the Zerg units and buldings alive while they fight and use their granade launcher to blind the enemy(make sure you have Optic Flare, Restoration and the enery upgrade). The reason that the defence team is best to be Zerg is because, like I said earleir, even the structures are organic, so haveing Zerg as defencive is a major boost to this stratagey, but SCV's will work just fine for the others. But if your fighting a Protoss oponent who has Dark Templars at his desposal can mind control a SCV while it's on it's way to anougher base and he can expand his slection of units by building Terrain buildings.
If you have a Z-T-Z set up and nooughing pervents travel to the base by foot from the Terran base, you want the Terran player to evenly distrubte the medics at each of the bases and the 2nd Zerg plaer to get to work on overdrive to gather resources and the Spawning Pool and Evolution chamber. The 1st Zerg plaer can of course build defences of his own, but the Terrans need Zerg defencive structures. Both Zerg plaers could theroticaly work to gather on makeing the begining defencive structures, btu after that it's best if the 2nd Zerg plaer does defence.
That's all for now. I may expand this idea later.

A storm has passed over my house and it did right when I hit the send button. I think I may have to start the adder over because I lost al of my progress.

Updated for the first time in ages!

Hey guys, I think I figured out how to record Starcraft matches so that you can see them in video form from my Youtube acount!

Great!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum