Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+19
Packie
eren jaeger
Tasha the Silly Panda
Icriex the Hyperbolic
Taiju
Tuomey
JT_the_Ninja
D-Munny
Gorgro
Top Hat Zebra
Bowen
Tacoline
Travelcube
someguy3657
AwesomeMedic
Jonny
Ziggles
SQUIGGLES
Katls
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Jonny wrote:
Bowen wrote:So, I downloaded an emulator of Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door a while ago. It's a good game.
However...
An area requires me to rotate the control stick quickly and continuously. I can't do that with a keyboard. I am sad.
Guess that's karma, though.

That's annoying. Could you not replicate the movement by hitting the arrow keys in quick succession? That's what I did when I emulated Mario 64, years back.

I tried, and if your lucky you can get a single spin, but continuous spinning is basically impossible.
Oh well, I suppose it's a reason to get a control pad for pc.

952Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

apparently 360 controllers work well on pc.

953Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Speaking of emulators, recently got Wind Waker!
It's...it's so happy.

954Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Taiju

Taiju

Just finished playing through Dust: An Elysian Tail the other day. Oh man the game was so amazing. The story; The music; The combat; it all flowed naturally and amazing. Seriously, if you can get this game, GET IT. Fidget is the most adorable little sidekick that I've seen in a good while.

This is probably my most favorite soundtrack out of the whole game.

955Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

The, uhh, furries.
No but seriously, it's a damn fine game.

956Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:03 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

Hollyღ wrote:Speaking of emulators, recently got Wind Waker!
It's...it's so happy.

Which made that intro all the more jarring.

"Solemn, ominous strings adding atmosphere to a tragic story told through pictures OH LOOK HAPPY CEL-SHADED ISLAND TIME, DOH HOH HOH

One of the best Zelda games.

957Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Bowen

Bowen

I end up sympathising more with Ganondorf than Link in Wind Waker.
I look forward to its remake, but I would have preferred a remake of, say, Majora's Mask. Cel-shaded graphics age far better than many other types, and I personally think Wind Waker still looks very good. On the other hand, I hear they are making a few slight changes, like removing the need to get all those charts deciphered by Tingle for roughly all of the money ever, so that's a plus. If it's true, of course.

958Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:56 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

makes me so happy!
egoraptor, markiplier, yogscast simon and lewis, dodger and others talk about muliplayer games

i'm really liking this geek week stuff

959Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:53 am

Ziggles

Ziggles

YouTube really knows their target demographic!

960Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Bowen wrote:
I look forward to its remake, but I would have preferred a remake of, say, Majora's Mask.
This guys got it

961Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:32 am

Jonny

Jonny

Ugh, I hated Wind Waker when I played it. Hated the sailing, hated the dungeons, loved the art direction but hated everything else about that game, pretty much.

That said, do like Majora's Mask. It's such an interesting idea.

Also, I'm playing through Machinarium on my Vita. It's a nice game: lovely, slightly haunting art direction and great characters. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at these sort of lateral thinking puzzles.

962Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:44 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Hollyღ wrote:Who were your favorite gods to worship? I tried to always get on Apollo's good side so he'd fight off monsters for me. Aphrodite was useful as she seemed to have a hand at repelling some spiteful gods who came into the city (and I had a lot of spiteful gods). She also kept people from leaving because everyone loves sex symbols.
Yep, Aphrodite, Apollo, Demeter
Aphrodite because she had the sexiest model
Apollo because he was a tank
Demeter because she was such an economy boost and I think she had the sexiest voice, can't remember

I don't like that the game has such a poor AI and world interaction, if they spent more time focussing on that they could've made Zeus such a complete game.

Cube of Reason wrote:Metro 2033 is worth at least $5 by itself. It is set in the Moscow subway system after a nuclear holocaust left the surface of the earth completely uninhabitable. It can be a high pressure stealth game, but nothing is stopping you from shooting everyone you see. Unlike most games of that style, it actually has both solid stealth mechanics and solid shooting, neither feels clunky.

There are two types of bullets for the main gun, military grade and "dirty" rounds. Military grade are much more powerful, dropping enemies in half the number of shots. However, they're also the currency.
I am getting this game yes
You have convinced me.

963Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

I just got an Atari 2600 game called Spider Fighter...wherein the object is to fight....spiders...

...you guys, it's crazy insane....but awesome. [ ]

http://www.jttheninja.com

964Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

it would be hilarious if we played trouble in terrorist town together

965Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:38 am

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

966Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Piano man piano man, nothing can stop the piano man!

967Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:30 am

Jonny

Jonny

The Rayman Legends demo is out today. Heck yes.

968Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:47 am

Taiju

Taiju

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Oh boy, they got a new sale. And The games on it this time are fucking great. I already bought mine.

969Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:28 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

So, today I found out that I can't beat Skyrim. It's not because of my computer. Let me explain.

So, the first time I started the game, I decided I was going to do fists only. Kill everything I see using my two bare hands. And everything was going super great, UNTIL

I once snuck up behind some unaware bandit with really strong armor, and I knew that punching him from behind wouldn't hurt him much, but I did it anyways, and I got killed

And I was like "Man, wouldn't it be awesome if I could just silently kill him or something? Like, break his neck?" But then I realized that sneaky cuthroats fit that definition. So, because I hate the idea of making me powerful in absolutely everything like some Mary Sue bullshit character, I decided to save my "fist only" file and start a new game where I'm a sneaky cuthroat

And so I become a master at sneaking stuff, and I do a lot of missions for a lot of people, and everything's going great, UNTIL

I'm fighting a big dragon with a small dagger and some arrows, and I'm getting my ass beat.

And I was like "Man, wouldn't it be awesome if I could challenge the dragon on more equal grounds? Like, with a big sword and shield, like in those fantasy pictures, where this warrior stops a burst of flames with his shield?" But then I realized I totally could do that, but I don't really know if I want to restart my game to make that character and no I don't want to make my sneaky character wield a shord and shield and afiavelfbsowganalsjsvc

970Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Taiju

Taiju

So, could you kill the dragons with your bare hands? Please say yes.

971Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

I got a copy of Nier the other day. It's really good so far. The graphics are meh, and the gameplay isn't the best (It's still fun, just not the most fun I've ever had in a video game.) But the art-style, soundtrack and story are superb. I'm not too far in yet, so I can't say much about the story from experience, but I hear it get's really good. Also confusing. Like, beat the game twice to figure out what just happened confusing.
I'll talk more about the story later.

972Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:47 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Taiju wrote:So, could you kill the dragons with your bare hands? Please say yes.
Yes.

It was as epic as it sounds, too

973Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

someguy3657 wrote:
Taiju wrote:So, could you kill the dragons with your bare hands? Please say yes.
Yes.

It was as epic as it sounds, too
you know, you can kill dragons with a sneaky character, there's several times where if you are careful you can get at least one sneak attack in. and if you follow the archery tree along with sneaky tree you can get up to do a descent amount of damage in arrows.
i played the whole game as a sneaky character, so i know it can be difficult with that type of character. you just have to be fast on your feet to run away when the dragon is flying overhead to rain fiery death upon you

974Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:13 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Charles that is like the opposite of me

"this time FOR SURE I'm going to play a thief"
And then two days later

"oh I've made another powerlevelled two-handed warrior"

975Video Games - Page 39 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Taiju

Taiju

Taiju wrote:IMMFD: I GOT AN INVITE FOR THE BETA TESTING OF ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE YES YES SO HYPE YES

I'll let you all know what it's like when the servers go live tomorrow.
The servers are down for now, It was only a stress test, but one of many more to come, so if you wanna try to sign up to test, you're more than welcome to. I'll try to explain what I can, without break the Non-Disclosure Agreement:

Review of the game so far::

Fortunately the video was posted by Zenimax, so I'm not breaking NDA if I post something that's already public. This is a gameplay video of it, so you can get a good feel for the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum