Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dinosaurs! 2: Return to Steampunk London

+9
Katls
Hollyღ
JT_the_Ninja
Bowen
A Sinister Speaker
Gorgro
Packie
Samiam
Jonny
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

((Yeah, destroying your entire community in a week wasn't the best move. But anyway....

Also, curses. I was going to make the steampunk dinosaurs a result of my scientific folly! No matter, a transcendant duck works just as well.))

"Well, JT, as you can see an unscrupulous scientist by the name of Neb Llocsird cloned dinosaurs using advanced steam-powered technology. He did so using a group of dinosaur skeletons he located in America about 6 months ago. Now the dinosaurs rule London: they have killed Queen Victoria and are planning to conquer other nations, even as far as Wales!
I have been following the dinosaurs since I was in the Institute of Glamourous Science with Neb as a young man and felt obliged to undo his actions and bring him down. The dinosaurs view him as some sort of god now, you see. The dinosaurs are so powerful that if they consider you a threat you must be able to stop them".

((Btw, this is my ancestor. Present me is asleep under a tree in the present somewhere

OMG. I have just thought of something I may use in the story. STEAMPUNK DELOREAN))

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

((...given that the treehouse is this forum, I think we can safely say it's non-killable in this instance...moderator?)) []

http://www.jttheninja.com

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(That's up for the roleplay leader to decide - Katls please ask the others before killing anything major or important. Friendly reminder C: )

D-Munny

D-Munny

(*Inserts self into story*)

Dewmann awoke to the sounds of giant semi-mechanical feet stomping outside of the building he was unconscious inside of. He was normally harder to wake up than a man in a coma who people are trying to wake up with lullabies playing softly in his ear. That is to say, he probably slept even harder if there was any change. Not even the rather obnoxious and indiscreet contraptions of Jonny had stirred him the slightest. But the stomps were different. They were of equal volume to the inventor's work, but were continous, and Dewmann could eventually tell they weren't part of his dream.
He jumped up, and immediatley noticed his clothing had changed. He could not see very well as the room was nearly pitch black except for some light coming from under a door which led to the outside. but he felt an unfamilliar heavy coat around his body, and an itchy undershirt as well as long britches of equal uncomfort. A belt with a holster held them up, and, to Dewmann's pleasant surprise, there was a pistol fitting the era just as his clothes did. He could still work with it however, and, praying it was loaded, ran to open the door, hoping to find the others, and face whatever it was that made the noises, which had, by then, stopped

Katls

Katls

(OK, I'm man enough to say that's my bad.)
Instead of ripping it out of the ground, Crusher unleashed a large amount of steam into the treehouse to get all of the RP's out to confront him.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(Sludge I love you).

The grand thief ancestor of Rare sat in her flowing Victorian garments, eyes reflecting the deadly predator that she was, head tilted as she listened to her servant’s report. The small man in a petticoat flickered in and out of shadow, the light of his oil lantern sputtering uneasily as it fought to stay alit. The bee's face, cold, impassive and fair, stared out into the dark room, her head propped up by a gloved fist, eyes burning at the servant’s words.

“You mean to tell me Driscoll’s Children are here?” She hissed, her voice nothing but an angry whisper that dripped with venom.

“Yes, Lady Spooky.” A returning voice spoke, with outmost assurance.

“I see. Very well.”

Outside, miles away, a smaller form struggled against her new attire, a small pathetic mew arising from the bundle. The small Beecat Junior popped her head out of her dress, and maneuvered her body out of the costume. She looked herself over, a tight corset laced with gears and wires remained, but proved itself difficult to rid of. Her footfall was as silent as the unspoken winds around her as she pushed herself forward on petite bee wings, fighting with the knot of fear that was building inside her.

All around her was unfamiliar territory, her world shifting into an unknown universe overnight. The small Beecat didn’t remember much, but the monocle that sat perfectly in her eye spoke the location. Victorian ages. She paused and looked up at the harsh mountain peaks that laid before her, and noticed the small mountain hamlet extending into a nearby meadow nape. She twitched her small kitten ears as a voice carried itself on the winds.

"Are you JT the Ninja? My name is Jonny, and I believe you are in great danger".

‘Captain and Jonny. But why doesn’t Jonny remember Captain?’ Junior thought to herself while she fidgeted with the necklace that hung over her chest. A small locket that was given to her years ago. Inside contained the only pictures of her mother the Beecat had.

"I am, but what danger is this of which you speak? Are likewise in danger the rest of Driscoll's Children?"

Junior gathered her wits and followed the voices.

(Sorry it's kinda weak, I've been drugged on medicine for the last few hours).

(To make things a little easier to understand - Spooky is the ancestor of Rare and Junior, and Junior and Spooky are both now in the Victorian Ages with everyone else. However, while Spooky knows of the ancestors of Driscoll's Children, she won't be familiar with the future versions, just as Junior won't know the original ancestors of Driscoll's Children. Also, Spooky is obviously not friendly with ancestor Driscoll's Children. Spooky is also pure Bee, because the family line of Rare was always pure bee until genetic mutations were had during the Futon wars. Junior is still Hornet/Cat due to Rare being a hornet when she died, but is dubbed 'Beecat' for easy pronunciation).

(It's fine Nat)

Last edited by Rare on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jonny

Jonny

(AH, that makes sense. So are the Children of Driscoll an ancient organisation kinda like Torchwood?)

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(Well, from what I gathered from the Futon roleplay, we were a group designed to defend Earth from menaces that normal organizations don't deal with. I just assumed we were a group that has been trained through out the generations, which is why The Children of Driscoll can be dated all the way back to Parlor Times. If this is wrong, I can modify my post).

Jonny

Jonny

(Nah, let's stick with this, your post is good. Also, it allows us to use bitchin gadgets all the time!)

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

((Don't give Dan Brown any book ideas...))

J.T. sensed the small figure approaching from beehind, but kept his attention on the crazy train and the one who had brought it here. "Now speak swiftly, good sir. Explain thyself." []

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Suddenly a compartment door opened on the train and a hobo pushed and struggled his way out.
"Augh.. what the hell train did I get on..."
Noticing JT standing nearby he saluted and added "Captain."

A Sinister Speaker

As Tesla flew through the air trying to find the Treehouse, he looked down and saw what he was wearing, a commando outfit complete with M16.

"Hmmmmm..........Everything here seems to be Victorian-esque, I suppose I stick out like a sore thumb."

Tesla concentrated for a moment. After he opened his eyes, he looked down.

"Dammit, wrong time period!"

He was clad in full plate armor with a white steed beneath him. (Yes, the steed flies.)

He concentrated again. This time, when he opened his eyes he wore a Victorian suit covered in wires and pipes. On his eye sat a monocle, upon which he could access the Interwebz on command. He tested it and went to YouTube to search up Funny Cat videos, and after chuckling from several cats doing backflips and such continued his search for the Treehouse.

(2 hours later)

"Dammit, I can't find the #%@$ing Treehouse! Oooh! a pond! No Tesla, you know better, we have a mission."

Tesla considered for a moment.

"What the hell, a quick dip won't hurt!"

Jonny

Jonny

((SIlly sludge, stay focussed! scolded Atheismo.))

"Well, as I may have said I have been following Neb and his dinosaur army in an effort to stop them. When I heard they were coming for you I raced here in my train to warn you: It's against Queensbury rules to be ambushed by a pack of dino-cyborgs. Plus, since my workshop is ruins I was unable to build more automatons so I reasoned that a powerful group of people like yourselves could be of assistance to me.

Ooh, I haven't had a chance yet to introduce my automaton and general dogsbody. He is my Functional Unit Trained for Observation and Nullification. Or FUTON for short".

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

J.T. raises his other ninja eyebrow at this. "An ominous name," he muses aloud. "But I thank you for the warning; if this Neb knows we are here, then we must seek refuge elsewhere until the means to thwart him are ours."

He turned to others who may be standing around. "There is great danger here," he said in a loud voice. "There may come a time when we allow ourselves to succumb to fate's whims, but it is not this day. Let us be off quickly, before we are overtaken." []

Katls

Katls

Crusher suddenly realized that JT and Jonny were acting like if he wasn't there. He was rarely ignored during his life span for obvious reasons. He became so enraged that he forgot to use the hiss that he did for fun.
"HEY F***ERS! I'M STANDING RIGHT HERE YOU BLIND AND DEFT FOOLS! READ THE BOTTOM OF PAGE 2! AND JONNY, I DON'T WORK FOR NEB, I DON'T EVEN WORK FOR A HUMAN! I WORK FOR AN ABSOL NAMED NATTRATUS!"
Crusher prepared to fight JT and Jonny.

Last edited by Katls Nalcrato on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Jonny

Jonny

Jonny's eyes narrowed. "That's just what a robo-dinosaur WOULD say".

(I think I'll join. It's my life's work to do so :D)

Whilst the chatting between the adults; Tuomey, JT, Jonny dragged on, and the newest bundle of joy Junior was on the way (though he did not know this), underneath a pile of heavy leather coats in the treehouse lay another figure, curled-up asleep. He was small and dog-like, mostly blue, but with black legs and a black mask running round his eyes and down his nose. His long tail shifted around him to keep him warm, and his long, black earlobes served as a pillow.
He fretted in his sleep, for he was in a nightmare. There was no motion, just voice. But it was a high-pitched, venomous voice that seemed to convey hatred in every syllable.
"You tell me Driscoll's children are here?" It said.
"Yes, Lady Spooky" A more timid one replied in the blackness.
"Very well." It replied.
From then, there was no more voices, but instead, he heard a vile screaming. A deep and distorted roar. It sounded like a dinosaur, just in a great deal of pain.
However, for the last six days, he was no stranger to these visions.
Why you ask?
The story goes back... well, six days.
The year was 2010. His family seemed to be at the end their collective tether with him. He lived in a family of Lucario. He, being the only Riolu was out of place.
His parents (again, both Lucario) had been desperate for him to evolve so that he could go out with a young trainer or Gym leader and become a 'Great Companion' and so that he could 'Show everyone what he was worth'. But he didn't want to. He didn't want to fight. Beating up others just didn't appeal to him yet. So he denied them. His parents were furious after many tries to evolve him, like his brothers, who all mocked him for not doing so. He was constantly thrown about in the air by them as a taunt. He was constantly in a foul mood because of this, and his parents would overlook his brother's shenanigans. But whenever he used what power he had to resist, he would constantly be held levitated in the air by his mother's aura as a sign of punishment.
After many a time being punished, he inadvertently went out of his way to rebel, and in doing so, he earned himself a psychic (and physical) blowout. His family wouldn't have it, so he ended up being left out to fend for himself. On the street, he was confronted by a gang of spirit beasts, who didn't take kindly to his presence-like many, who seemed to hate him as, his parents spoke of his ill-deeds throughout the village.
The beasts incapacitated him, and was only pulled away at the last moment by a stranger, who he believed to be one of those in his presence as he lay asleep for the sixth day in a row under the heavy bundle of coats. He was not able to wake up alone, and would have to wait for someone to do it for him, for he did not have the energy.

Jonny

Jonny

((So that's where my leather coats went! Also, hurrah! We have a Riolu at last))

Katls

Katls

Crusher's heart raced as he detected the distinct scent of a Riolu. He remembered what that old woman said 2 weeks ago. 'You will die at the hands of a dog.' That's what she said before he killed her. And a Riolu counted as a dog.
"There's no way out of this, I have to fight it, I have to kill it." he told himself.

Jonny

Jonny

Jonny brandished his cane stick, and behind him FUTON cracked his brass knuckles (they were imported from Africa). "Queensbury rules?"

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Tuomey dropped down from a branch behind Crusher.
"Crusher? I hardly know 'er!" he quipped, drawing his axe.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(Esbby :D)

(I will post later tonight or tomorrow)

Katls

Katls

Nattaus paced. What will he do if Crusher failed? There were the other henchmen, but if Crusher fails to kill the Children, then it's not likely that the others would kill them.
"Your Highness, is something wrong?" a female pterodactyl asked.
"Well Rain, it's the Children. If Crusher fails, then I've lost my strongest henchmen and my best hope to live though the war with Neb," Nattaus said.
"There is the boy." Rain proposed.
"No, I don't know if I'll be able control him."
"You give the orders, I'll worry about control. We have his friends in the prison, I can threaten to kill one in particular, the one he and the others called 'Angel'. He seemed very protective of her. When Smite was carrying Angel away, he threatened that he would kill Smite if he found any wounds on Angel."
Rain throw Nattaus a bottle of scotch.
"Relax, I'll get boy under control."

Last edited by Katls Nalcrato on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(If you don't want to read the wall of text, scroll down for a quick summary).

Junior stood, or rather, hovered, her tiny bee wings a silver, glimmering blur, the mouth of the monolith canyon making the small child seem even smaller, weaker, vulnerable. The sun shining through the crevices of the incoming clouds, casting uneven and otherworldly light across the plains, colored the landscape with an almost painted ambiance as the child had paused, the voices becoming louder. Her pupils blew wide as they fixated on the numerous figures in the distance, focusing in and out of shadow as clouds gave and stole the Sun's light - there was no doubt another character had joined the party, a tall, lean man who stood saluting the captain.

The Beecat found herself now standing erect, attentive behind a vaulting pine, just a few yards away from the scene, confused as to when she had moved closer to the small group. Her breathing slowed to a crawl, quivering as the cat's heart beated fiercely against her chest, the corset proving itself a difficult and painful adversary as it hugged her chest tightly, as if it were preventing her heart from beating out of her chest.

"There is great danger here," The captain said in a loud voice. "There may come a time when we allow ourselves to succumb to fate's whims, but it is not this day. Let us be off quickly, before we are overtaken."

It was as if her previous life was replaced with a brand new one, and she was a new person. Junior's bright green eyes and petite features made her alluring for her age, and her quick and deadly assassin skills proved useful in times of need. But she knew, as she looked up at the glaring sun, pupils squeezed into slits, that this new adventure would only make her better, could only improve her as a fighter and overall character. Yes, she thought - she wouldn't hide from this mission, as she had previous ones. She would fight this time, alongside the Captain and crew, and improve.

It was not until a small mumbling reached her ears did the beecat break from her thoughts. There was silence, the heat of the midday sun buzzing quietly in her ears, then another outbreak of mumblings and troubled cries, louder this time, traveled through the heated air. It was a low pitched whine, almost a familiar one, and like water breaking through a dam, memories and voices poured through the bee's head, flashes of images and utterances of someone vile, someone fierce and scornful, and as quickly as they came they were gone. A soft moan nearby, and she her acute senses pinpointed the source. A few feet away, blocked from the eyesight of the other party members, laid a tiny figure, curled up in the grass.

With a whine of recognition, the child's heart lept as she raced towards the Pokemon in whom she knew as her father. Over the years, the Riolu had proved himself worthy of being her adopted parent, taking in the beecat after her blood mother passed away on a particularly taxing mission. The bond to the Pokemon was great, and Junior felt the faint aura of her father as she approached, weak and fading quickly to the nightmares. Junior rested a small paw on her father's shoulders and thought back to the flashes of memories. 'That must have been what he was seeing.' She thought bitterly, her mouth curling up in a snarl as the voice of woman echoed in her mind. She didn't know who she was, but Junior knew enough that the poisonous woman was dangerous, and she knew about them.

"Captain! My captain!" Junior cried out desperately, the weight of the situation finally hitting her. They were in a different time, their members scattered throughout the land, with a mysterious woman who wanted them dead. Junior closed her eyes, shaking the Pokemon frantically, tears finally rolling down the child's round face.

(Uuug wall of text that is crap. Deal with it. *dies from medicine*)

(TL;DR - I found Esbby and am now calling to JT, scared of the situation we are in, and learned of a mysterious woman who knows about our group and doesn't like us).

Jonny

Jonny

((So you are with us at the treehouse, with the giant dinosaur about to attack us? Also, you COULD always take the corset off))

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum