Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dinosaurs! 2: Return to Steampunk London

+9
Katls
Hollyღ
JT_the_Ninja
Bowen
A Sinister Speaker
Gorgro
Packie
Samiam
Jonny
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(Oh Gods help me I Lol'ed)

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

((Hurray! My mission is complete))

"Also, you may wish to borrow this". From a pocket Jonny brandished a crowbar. The group stared at it blankly".

"To, um.....help the lady escape her corsets? I know to remove one's corset is unseemly, but frankly a beecat will attract attention corset or not".

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(Jonny did you overread my other post about Spooky blowing up the village?)

Jonny

Jonny

((I did. The Institute is suspended in midair by a fleet of dirigibles, over the English Channel. A complex system of mirrors hides it from view. Only a train launched from a cannon could reach it now. oh, wait!))

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(How about Spooky blows up the village, and this causes all the dinosaurs to attack us. Extra suspense!)

Jonny

Jonny

((This makes perfect sense, I think. Cue high-speed chase aboard steam train with panicky piano music!))

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(Steamboat Mickey style!)

Jonny

Jonny

((Exactly! Minus the anthropomorphic mice, though))

"Did anyone here that loud explosion just now?" frowned Jonny. He turned, and his face went white. On the horizon were a multitude of curious shapes. They appeared to be birdlike, with large envelopes filled with gas suspended above each one.

"Yeah, attaching balloons to flying creatures is not the smartest bit of steampunk science I've seen, but we must hurry anyway. To The Institute of Steampunk science and discovery!"

The group hurried to the carriages of Jonny's engine (am I godmodding? Let me know) while FUTON clambered into the engine's cab and began to bring the boiler up to temperature. The carriage they looked into was curious. It was far larger inside than out, and resembled a cafe. Round tables were scattered around it along with a handful of chairs, bookshelves, and what seemed to be copious amounts of broken crockery.

someguy3657

someguy3657

"I'll hold them off, start the engines!" Chuck screamed, while taking his bow, going near one of the windows and shooting in the direction of the flying creatures, which were coming closer faster.

The engine rattled, and started. Jonny's machine started to lift off, when it was suddenly held back. Chuck looked towards the ground quickly, and saw a thick rope holding the machine to the ground.

"Oh dear. We forgot to cast off the rope holding this machine! Quickly, someone release it!"

Chuck then returned to shooting some of the creatures, who were now really close.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Junior clutched onto Esbiate's arm as the explosions in the distance became louder and more frequent. It was only after what seemed like the tenth explosion did she realize what had happened. "Father the village exploded!" Junior grabbed the railings of the carriage as a dinosaur on a balloon (paired with fanny pack and a kazoo) slammed into the side of it. 'I hope Captain's ok..' Junior said to herself as she thought back to when their captain had ran off, presumably to the now flame-engulfed village.

D-Munny

D-Munny

"Oh God..." Dewmann said, a chill running through him as he watched the mushroom clouds in the horizon. It reminded him all too well of what had happened during the conflict with Ragnarok and the dinosaur particles. "Not again..." he said. "Too many lives all at once...not again." He trembled, remembering not just the annilation of the town by the possessed Rare, but the pain of the dinosaur particles, and the eventual death of Rare. Knowing that Esbiate and Rare Jr. would ask him what was bothering him, as he never actually told them the full story of the incident, so he tried to keep his composure, but couldn't and just started shakily making his way to the carriage.

Last edited by Dewmann on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Junior looked up at Dewman. She was never told the stories of how Rare was temporarily controlled and used to murder thousands, for the story was to hard to talk about, and the strange behavior of Dewman had her confused. Suddenly she 'knew'. "It's okay Dewman." Junior said placed a dainty paw on Dewman's arm. "I'm sure JT's okay. He's a ninja after all."

D-Munny

D-Munny

"It's not that...it's...I just have to get over it." Dewmann sighed, putting his hand over the paw on his arm. "Thanks for noticing though." He almost choked out, before working up a smile.

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Suddenly, J.T. ninja-appeared in their midst from a cloud of steam, wearing the top of a Ceratosaurus skull on his head as if 'twere a cap and brandishing his now bloodied steam-katana. "Is everyone well?" he asked concernedly, especially eyeing the black dragon. "Are we now to contend with drakes as well as dinosaurs?"

((note: a Ceratosaurus skull would be about a meter long, so wearing one as a hat is no mean feat...think Rock from Soul Calibur.)) []

http://www.jttheninja.com

D-Munny

D-Munny

Dewmannn acknowledged the captain and mustered up a tone with at least some feeling instead of one with complete monotone. "The dragon was, against his own will, being used to 'power' the giant dino back there. He broke free after the beast took enough punishment though."

Packie

Packie

From the fire and the smoke of the bombed city came another flying machine, this one not flown by dinosaurs and barely kept airborne, but flying non the less. When the helicopter-like craft came close to one of the dinosaurs, something that looked like a slow bolt of lightning flew from the craft at the envelope that kept the dinosaur aloft, making it burst in to flame. After which the little craft started plummeting towards earth, with the pilot obviously struggling for control.

((how am I doing?))

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(That's really good Packie!)

(Just so I'm clear on the plot, Driscoll wants to kill off the Children of Driscoll because they have angered him so he sent the Children into the past with their ancestors so he could smite them all at one go, using Spooky and Robotic Dinosaurs to do so?)

Junior donned her daggers and flitted through the air, a blur of yellow and black to the normal human eye as she wielded her blades through the hide of the swarming dinosaurs. The monoliths screeched and slammed against the carrier, tails and claws reaching but Junior proved to be the faster organism and in quick flits of her wrists, the sharp blades quickly brought the end of the biopunk monoliths.

"They just keep coming! Are we near a respawn point!?" Junior shouted to her teammates as a Space Raptor landed on the port, flexing his claws as if challenging her daggers. In the distance, a small figure rose above the burning village, an insect with murder on her mind.

D-Munny

D-Munny

Dewmann searched his coat for the ammunition he had seen in it. Finding it, he began to reload the old timey pistol to the best of his ability, and after a few seconds, was able to aim and fire. There'd be time for sulking later, right now, he had to focus.

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

J.T. wore the saurian skull as a war trophy as he charged his mighty blade once again. "I have discovered, that most of the dinosaurs do have a cogwheel near the base of their necks, which seems to be their weak point. Once this mechanical part is damaged or removed, their metalwork parts lose control, and they do quickly disassemble themselves." He spoke while in motion, of course, for a small flock of Gallimimus were at that very moment flocking his way. He struck with precision, his katana finding its mark easily on their slender, birdlike necks. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

D-Munny

D-Munny

Taking note of JT's knowledge, Dewmann was able to land a few hits on the necks of some of the beasts before having to reload again. The gun wasn't very accurate, and he wondered if he should switch to something he could rely on more.

Jonny

Jonny

((Rare: as I understand it, we ran from Driscoll and THEN we put on some monocles and came here. The two events are unrelated. The Neb Llocsird is a merely a Driscoll parody and unrelated to Driscoll.

The mystery of the monocles has yet to be revealed! Don't worry, I know what happens.))

Jonny had pulled some curious gun from a cabinet in the train car, which fired small flying cogs. These would mesh with the cogs on the necks of the flying creatures and jam them. "I must confess, I never thought this would ever come in handy. Incidentally, since when could my steam engine fly?"

Upon realising this, the steam train dropped out of the sky like a stone, luckily landing back down on the rails. Though there was obviously less space to maneuver, the train increased speed rapidly and headed towards the distant cliffs.

From another cupboard Jonny pulled a mass of shapeless canvas. "I COULD fill these with gas and get the train airborne again, or we can take advantage of our increased speed and reach the institute a lot quicker. What do you suggest?"

Still Fuming from the encounter with SD, SB was not in the mood for anything to get near his daughter, or any of the children for that matter. In light of the recent explosion of the village that they would have headed to (had they not been held up by Crusher), he felt a certain instability in his mind. Surely there was something big going down. From the beasts that had incarcerated him less than a week ago, he felt that he was placed here for a reason. At this, he sped over to Rare.
"Piggyback, sure thing. Hop on."
And so she did. He sensed danger.
A few seconds later, that danger came in the form of several silhouettes on the horizon, each of which was rapidly closing in on their position.
"Right! We´re outta here!" He shouted to his daughter. But he knew that Rare was sensing that there would be no time to escape, so they would have to fight.
"Ugh." He groaned. "Is there something wrong with every world I´m in?!" He shouted this in a tone of despair. The Steampunk Dinosaurs were of course a lot bigger, tougher and quicker than he was. If he didn´t choose his fight wisely, he would end up as dinner.
As the creatures came closer, he realised that they were not just dinosaur, but they were machines.
"Aw, you´ve gotta be kidding me!" he shouted.
In between the time of realising the dinosaurs and prepping himself to fight, an awkward flying machine came crashing down towards them, and they had to dive out of the way to avoid being in it´s path. As well as this, a tall, lean figure came sprinting towards them. SB had to hold back a gag as he saw that he donned a Saurian skull. But he sighed relief as he saw that a friend of his, the ninja, had returned.
"It´s bloody good to have you back mate!" he shouted.
The Dinosaurs now were within firing range of those with firearms, and everybody started to make their own moves. Beams of energy from the more technological of the group, and brutal, yet elegant fighting from all the others.
"Rare! Find yourself a buddy! Anyone here is more capable than me!" SB shouted, but she had already flown off. He didn´t know whether or not she had heard him. He watched as she drew daggers, and swiftly delivered fatal blows to many of the hostile dinosaurs. Watching her made him think that her fighting prowess was definitely a trait from her mother. He shook his head and concentrated on the fight. He pivoted on his feet and ran back behind those with longer range weapons, and continued running. He only stopped when he had reached a tree, into which he jumped and perched himself on a branch. His instinct brought his hands together, and his aura conjured him a bow of burning blue within seconds. He placed an equally blue arrow in the bow and drew it back, in the meantime, tracing a dinosaur who had spotted Rare.
"Watch yourself!" SB shouted, as a dinosaur persued her. He fired his bow, and watched as the arrow flew and hit the dinosaur on it´s side. It shuddered and started to descend. He traced Rare with his hand and fired a jet of aura to her position. It outlined her body and he hoped that it would give her extra strength and vitesse.
"You´re welcome." He messaged through his mind to hers and chuckled slightly, all the while, not noticing one dinosaur climbing the bark of the tree in which he sat.

D-Munny

D-Munny

Dewmann looked at the train speeding off, then he looked at even more incoming dinosaurs. Then he spotted in the distance the tree Esbiate was perched in, and the creature climbing it. "ESBBY!" He shouted, sprinting towards the location and raising his weapon, hoping he'd get the message.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

(I will post my reply sometime tomorrow, my head hurts to much to reply at the moment)

As Esbby followed a third target and proceeded to pull back the bowstring, he was distracted by the sight of Dewmann running back towards him, shouting his name. He pulled off tracking the third target and jumped down off his perch in the tree to hastily respond to Dewmann´s calls.
"Yes!" SB shouted to Dewmann. "What´s going on?!"
But before Dewmann could respond, the pair had to swiftly pivot and jump back, for behind them in the tree was a dinosaur. It was red, walked quadrapedal and had row upon row of sharp, white teeth. Esbby and Dewmann slowly backed off as it walked towards them, staying at the height of SB´s head. Suddenly, it pounced, and the pair dodged in opposite directions. It was quick to jump, but it took a while to turn.
"Dewmann! Flank it!" SB said as it failed to pounce on them for a second time.
They both moved opposite sides, and SB ran towards it and gave it a sharp whack with his tail. It left the beast stunned, and gave time for the pair to run back.
From his pouch, SB pulled out an engraved Colt Peacemaker Revolver. He jumped on Dewmann´s shoulder and handed it to him.
"Just my little thanks :3" He said. "I´ll leave Fail-dino´s fate up to you"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum