Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Interesting Thread

+11
Icriex the Hyperbolic
Jonny
Samiam
Hollyღ
JT_the_Ninja
Travelcube
D-Munny
Top Hat Zebra
Ziggles
Taiju
SQUIGGLES
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:29 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

102The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Spoiler:

What is up with this math I hear about?

Last edited by Samiam on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

103The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Spoiler:

Why is glass transparent

Last edited by Samiam on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

104The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Hey Sam your videos are interesting but if you post many on one page can you spoil some? It makes pages load slow, just like when many images are posted on one page. 

Small request can you also post some description below your videos of their content for those who can't load them?

105The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Sorry, I forget sometimes about the internet speeds of others.

106The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Thanks I appreciate it~

107The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:09 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Captain America in a turban

I like this because it made me think about my perception of arabic people. If I am being completely honest, if I lived in the U.S. and saw him around, so close to 9/11, I am not sure if my first reaction to seeing him on the street would be "he looks like he's having fun" or "he's doing it to spite America"

108The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:29 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

Ok that guy is awesome

109The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Man that story is awesome. Oh sure there were the douchebags, but for the most part everyone was really digging his outfit, not caring about race, creed, or whatever. New York is full of more bros than I previously thought.

Also, this.

The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Vishavjit_singh_embed4

Look me in the eye and tell me that this photo isn't the greatest goddamn example of American diversity.

110The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:28 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

it is

111The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:42 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

These are the pictures that are on Voyager 1 which just left our solar system

One of them is a note from Jimmy Carter in 1977, it's amazing.

"We hope someday, having solved the problems we face, to join a community of galactic civilisations. This record represents our hope and our determination, and our good will in a vast and awesome universe."

112The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Oh, wow. How extraordinary is that, the entire story of human beings brought down to simple math and pictures for outsiders to interpret. Oh, gosh, oh wow. God speed little Voyager.

113The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:17 am

Samiam

Samiam

What I find interesting about voyager is the song chosen to represent lonely

114The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:18 am

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

They make a point of being accurate and adding measurements in size to a lot of the pictures, but then they also add this one (Diagram of vertebrate evolution, says wikipedia, but poorly drawn for some reason), which is obviously out of proportion.
The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 UxMzO
Later in the photo series these animals are shown with measurements or in the same picture as a human, but how would beings from other planets know some birds and frogs aren't actually huge? Human-sized aliens will show up with saddles and expect to ride huge eagles the likes of the ones from Tolkien and be so disappointed.

Also,
Wikipedia wrote:Sagan had originally asked for permission to include "Here Comes the Sun" from the Beatles' album Abbey Road. While the Beatles favoured it, EMI opposed it and the song was not included.
Naw.

115The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:15 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Were they concerned about how to collect royalties from aliens? Who opposes something like that?

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

116The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Maybe they thought that the aliens would think the sun was something you wanted to be near, and they would fly into it.
You shouldn't ever overestimate the intelligence of extraterrestrial life.

117The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Jubedy

Jubedy

Wow, that last one is actually pretty awesome to think about.

118The Interesting Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: The Interesting Thread Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:45 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

D-Munny wrote:Maybe they thought that the aliens would think the sun was something you wanted to be near, and they would fly into it.
You shouldn't ever overestimate the intelligence of extraterrestrial life.
So that's why they also excluded Pink Floyd's Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun...[ ]

http://www.jttheninja.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum