Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

World War Three RPG

+5
Moltenfield
Tacoline
Katls
AwesomeMedic
Top Hat Zebra
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Katls

Katls

OK, sorry for the tripple post, but I need to say that I will only for the beginning map out the areas covered by contrys. I'll map the other stuff out when required. This is a lot of work mapping out all of the planet you know.
We also need someone to control the neutral contrys that arn't claimed by the other players.

27World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Taco could probably do that too.

28World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Katls

Katls

May I suggest that at, least until I get better at this, we leave out the terrain? I'm sorry, but even without the terrain, this will take a decent amount of time, and I still need to make the combat system.
Well, I'll keep the mountains in, but only as resticked travel zones.
EDIT:Ok, I'm going to bed. I have some of the more challengeing parts of the border of Imperial Louisiana done and tomorrow I'll have the whole empire done(hopefully).

29World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

does anyone else think this should just be for discussing the rules and another thread has the actual game? Otherwise we need a post that states when the game begins.

30World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Yes Molten, I was thinking that too.

31World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:01 am

Packie

Packie

Country: NECAF (North European combined armed forces) / (a name for the union goes here (any suggestions?))
Form of Government: Military arm of a super-national parliamentary democracy
Your Name/Title: First commander of the armed forces in the Lowland area.
Basic info: After the collapse of the European Union, the countries of Northern Europe banded together so that at least a part Europe might remain stable and an important world player. The militarily alliance of these nations was setup due to increased hostilities of surrounding nations, as an properly coordinated military would be stronger and more efficient. The official seat of government is still Brussels, as it was in the EU. In general the nations of Northern Europe are an economical powerhouse, and the NECAF is an strong and versatile force.
Secret Weapon: Orbital forces, no (conventional (bio/chem/nuke)) WMD's
History: (see basic info, my mistake)

world map:
World War Three RPG - Page 2 Necafw10
(I hope I marked everybody else's territories correct)

Area's:
NECAF has divided the territories which it defends into area's to allow better coordination
World War Three RPG - Page 2 Necaf_10

Last edited by Packie on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a "secret weapon")

32World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:13 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

You marked mine wrong...Nepal is basically bordering India at the North-Eastern side where the Himalayas are...you ended up marking Bhutan and part of Bangladesh (and mabey something else) You did get most of it right though.

Here is a picture of Nepal
World War Three RPG - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkdLvqcXDCognOlWS7Clxr0AjFOvOlAUQ9JbogEp76wZocnGE8h0EhBe44Ow
BTW how are you marking the map? and please don't take this post offensively

33World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:39 am

Packie

Packie

I took zebra's map in paint, whited the centre of his land out, so you can only see the borders, traced the borders of our respective landmasses with an colour (in Katl's case the colour which he used, I chose yellow, and selected somewath randomly your colour). I filled my landmasses in with yellow as to clearly mark them.For Katl's numerous islands I made some guesses by looking at his map.

34World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:33 am

Katls

Katls

EDIT: Thank you Packie, you made my job easier.
I apolgize in advance for the terrible spelling.
Alright, because I'm up early I'm going to work on the map and I'll also work on the combat system, but here's a few things I have so far:
Mapping: All of the contrys are devided into military sectors and those sectors are devided into differnt parts. Military sectors will not go over the modern border of a contry.
Combat: I need to work on the cambat itself, but I know the rules of engament. First, you move a millitary force into hostle territory. When you go into a military sector, you must start at the closest devision to where you came from. When a battle happens, all of the other main game funtions execpt actions currently in effect(troops en route, production ect.) and covert missions will stop and only the two combatants will have turns until the invading forces have either been whiped out or have taken the sector. One turn during a battle is 1/4 of a normal turn(so all the other stuff will be slowed down so that time isn't lost for the other people). What I have for army building is that you make regiments of a type of troop(I'll need to set up the basic stuff for the types of troops, PM me if you have any special troops that the other nations won't have) and depending on each soldier/veicle/ship/plane added to the regiment, attack and health go up for the full regiment, but indevidual health still applys(so if the regiment takes the damage equivlent to the health of an indevidual soldier, the regiment will lose a soldier and be weaker). So far:
Basic infantry:
Grunt: 3 health, no armor, damage 1d4(one 4 sided die), attacks ground
Rifleman: 5 health, no armor, damage 1d8, attacks ground
Assult: 5 health, light armor(-1), damage 2d4, attacks ground
Basic MG: 6 health, no armor, damage 2d5, attacks ground, Specal: MG; when attacking a regement, all exses damage after one kill applys to next target in the enemy regiment
Medic: health 2, no armor, damage 0d0 none, heals infantry regiements in the battle with a health incrase of 3 per turn(can be increased via upgrade)
Enginer: health 2, no armor, damage 0d0 none, repairs damaged vecles by 3 per turn(can be increased via upgeades)
Armor Perirceing MG(APMG): health 6, damage 3d6, attacks ground, Specal(MG): when attacking a regement, all exses damage after one kill applys to next target in the enemy regiment, Specal(AP): Ignores 5 armor
RPG: health 5, 2 armor(-2), 3d20, attacks ground; can only attack alltery and vecules
That's all I'm showing you for now, I have to get back to work.

35World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

Packie wrote:
world map:
World War Three RPG - Page 2 Necafw10
(I hope I marked everybody else's territories correct)
Updated The Map (Just a basic adjustment)
World War Three RPG - Page 2 Map10

We need Antarctica (Katls has territory there on his map)

36World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:59 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

then there is also the fact that we would need to constantly update the map whenever someone conquers some territory (preferably in spoilers due to how much room that would take) I won't always be on so it can't be me.

Then there is the matter of traveling as well. For land units to go across the ocean they would need either air or sea units to do so. (this almost sounds like Risk)

and can the neutral territories attack or just defend? And is it possible for players to lose completely and can't do anything in the game but watch and see who wins the war?

37World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:09 am

Katls

Katls

They will just defend, and I think that we should have a ceses fire for the first "week"(One full round around the "table" with everyone taking thier turn is a day) so that we can get some more feaking territory.

38World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:09 am

Packie

Packie

Just an suggestion:
Maybe we could use something like a hexagon map?
Aka, devide the world map in hexagonal shapes. with each hex having some info like

Terrain: flatlands, hills, mountains, dessert, sea, ect. having effect on combat
Population: iether in numbers or something like high/low ect. needed for income ,sustaining other sectors and are a resource needed to produce any (maybe except some special units) militairy unit.
Industry: needed for creating an army. Can be switched to research or creating income
(argiculture: needed for sustaining population)
Recourses: Can be used for income, some are vital (fuel, steal, sulfer), some can be used in special units perhaps, some just have an economical value

these are all suggestions. Maybe the area's as described by Katls can have this kind of info as well

39World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:15 am

Katls

Katls

The main thing I have for terrrain is that mountain ranges can't be traveled across by ground units. I am trying to cut down on the time it will take to make the actual game map so we can start, But I'll have the industry and resources thing there.
I propose that this will be a true game rather than a normal fourm RPG, so that we can do multiple games rather than just one.
EDIT: I know one unit that people will love that will need a specal resource and is expencive in general. The Worthog MG. No, this is not from Halo. It is an actual weapon in real life. The ammo contains doped urainum and is increably large. It will rip into even tanks. But like I said, it's expecnive.

Last edited by Katls Nalcrato on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total

40World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:23 am

Packie

Packie

maybe we shoul just figure out the basics now and expand the rules a bit when we start a next game

41World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:25 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

agreed

42World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:26 am

Katls

Katls

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. I'm kinda the main deveoper for a good portion of the game, and I take suggestions, but a good portion of the advanced stuff I will work on during the first game and include in the next.

43World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:49 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

There should also be defensive units such as anti-air missiles and land mines

44World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:03 am

Katls

Katls

Sure, I'll add those into the planed units. Remeber, PM any of your nation specific units to me so I can give them their stats!
Update: Imperial Louisiana has been fully mapped!
Update: So is France.

45World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:12 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

There should even be some new unit ideas that are not way (and I mean like we went to another galaxy kind of way) but relatively advanced compared to today's weapons and have this take place sometime in the future.

46World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:50 am

Katls

Katls

Yes.
OK, I got your PM, and now I will add a few more units to the planned units.
Samples of Advanced Infantry:
Exo-Warrior: health 10, armor 6(-6), damage 3d4, attacks ground, Specal: Mechanized Infantry; can be both repaired and healed(this one came from Moltenfield)
Flamthrower: Health 7, armor 2(-2), damage 3d5, attacks ground, only infantry, Specal: Burning Swath; Will attack 3 units at once, Fire!: All affected units will take 3 damage over time

Forgot to put these in the Basic Infantry
Sniper: health 5, no armor, damage 2d5, attacks ground, Special; Long Range: all other units other than this unit will be attacked before the other units with the exeption of other long range units, tanks, and air units.
Ditchdigger: Health 2, no armor, damage 0d0 none, Special; Trench Digger: In the zone that this unit is deployed in, all infantry get a 2 armor bonus

47World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 am

Packie

Packie

I just sent you mine

48World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 am

Katls

Katls

Thank you, I will send you your stats beccasue it is a secret weapon.
Update: I have NECAF mapped. All that is left is Moltenfield and than I will look into resources.
I hope more people will join.
Update: That's everyone. Sorry it's a little sloppy.
World War Three RPG - Page 2 Ww3_ma11

49World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

You have the official 3 special units info for my nation now...Hopefully people enjoy the Exo-Warrior.

50World War Three RPG - Page 2 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 am

Katls

Katls

Yes, I have to say we made quite the beasts no?

Packie, your nation units are in your inbox.

Update: I have changed part of the combat funtions. The battle is frozen in time, so no time passes in global time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum