Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Build a better world

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Build a better world Empty Build a better world Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:02 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

My ideas for a better world?
Here are some.
Politicians can no longer advertise, they can only state their points/goals clearly.
At election time, all advertising will be taken care of by a state department, which must be equal toward all parties/candidates.

All politicians will be fired if they fail to move towards their goals, barring national emergencies that prevent them.
Upon being fired they will never be allowed to work for the government again.

It will be illegal to report celebrity gossip as news. Celebrity gossip will have to be on its own completely seperate time, with different presenters.

What are your ideas?

2Build a better world Empty Re: Build a better world Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:54 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Church and state are properly separated. No getting sworn in on the bible, no more politicians getting their religion used against them in debates and all that rubbish, it's pointless and unnecessary.

Monarchies are abolished because they have no power (here anyway) and only cost the state money.

The money the unemployed get every month gets lowered the longer they remain unemployed, and stops entirely after a set time.

Immigrants have to either know the language or prove that they're learning the language of the place they're going to live.

Immigration laws should be more like the ones in Switzerland (information here) rather than arbitrary rules that cause things like "lol, we're here, we'll just hang out until it's been too long to kick us out again"

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

3Build a better world Empty Re: Build a better world Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:00 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Heh...my thoughts are that none of those could possibly work.

Politicians make it their job to obfuscate their points/goals by making it seem as though they are the exact opposite of what they really are.

A state department taking care of all advertising is one of the scariest things I can imagine...George Orwell had a few things to say in that regard.

The phrase "moving toward one's goals" is so loosely defined that it will only be used to remove those who are actually promoting the people's liberties at the expense of the government's power. Same goes for "working for the government."

Mandating what can and cannot be presented in the media based on "gossip" content is the first step toward a government-level review board of all media content. No thank you.

Now, as to what would make a better world, I can only see more personal freedom and less government autocracy as the solution. In my country, too many politicians see their duty as "doing for the people," instead of their mandated "protecting the people's rights."

Sorry if I got a little political there.

EDIT: Just read Gorgro's post, which happened while I was responding.

(1) Loosely defined terms can be abused, but in principle I agree. While I'm not opposed to a public official acting on his personal beliefs which come from his religion, I do agree with America's founding fathers that "Congress [should] make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." You'll have to convince the Muslim world of this, of course, which could be tricky as Islam is both a religious and political and judicial system at the same time.

(2) Great idea! Who needs a king?

(3) Also a good idea, with an eye toward eliminating it entirely, at least from government sources. Charity is wonderful, but there is no such thing as "government charity."

(4 and 5) Hear hear! []

http://www.jttheninja.com

4Build a better world Empty Re: Build a better world Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:49 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

They don't aaaaaall have to be political, humour is good too.

There's one:
More humour P:

EDIT: Sorry, my typo there JT, I meant all advertising relating to the election.
And if people aren't neutral they get fired or whatever, etc

I'm leaving things loosely worded because it's just an idea; probably never gonna happen and I don't know the right words anyway.

5Build a better world Empty Re: Build a better world Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:18 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Heh...wonderful words "they'll get fired"...if only. The only real case of eternal life is a government job. []

6Build a better world Empty Re: Build a better world Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:19 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Ooh, also it would be a better world if we had a way to make cake out of solar wind particles, collected at the poles....or we could generate energy with them...but cake works too. []

7Build a better world Empty Re: Build a better world Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:45 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Build a better world J7bWD

Tuomey wrote:Politicians can no longer advertise, they can only state their points/goals clearly.
I really like that one, considering what came out of Queensland, recently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum