Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Science Thread

+14
Bowen
Moltenfield
Top Hat Zebra
AwesomeMedic
Samiam
Jonny
D-Munny
Gorgro
JT_the_Ninja
Packie
someguy3657
Hollyღ
Tacoline
Katls
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are people bugged by Scientific inaccuracy in movies?

The Science Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap73%The Science Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 73% [ 11 ]
The Science Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%The Science Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Meta-Science - every time you enter tall grass, a velociraptor appears somewhere in the world.

27The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:44 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

I thought it was a Pokemon!

28The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:47 am

Samiam

Samiam

Here is the link to Kepler

Clicky!

29The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:57 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I posted this once already, but it fits here too.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

30The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

The Sea of Science...

[]

http://www.jttheninja.com

31The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:57 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

The Sea of Science is a turbulent and dangerous region. Watch out for the Sea of Monsters immediately next to it.

32The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:47 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Let's not even get started on the Sea of Holes, or the Sea of Green...[]

33The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

The Sea of Time takes forever to get through.

Goddamnit, why isn't Robert Zemeckis doing his remake of this anymore?

34The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:26 am

Samiam

Samiam

sorry to have to tell you this spooky

35The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Katls

Katls

I watched the newest Startrek movie for the second time... I like it, but the scientist in me wanted to scream at some parts.
Don't read this if you haven't watched it yet, because this has massive spoilers.
Spoiler:
I'm a geeky nerd and I'm pround of it.

36The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Or, it could happen tomorrow. Damn space, you scary!

37The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

I wouldn't say space is scary...but what is in space is capable of erasing any trace of human existance (and other unknown lifeforms out there)

38The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

...... What is scary if not that!?!?

39The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:52 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Cheese. Everyone is at least a little bit afraid of cheese.

40The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

@Katls:

Spoiler:

It's cool to be a geek here. You're among friends. []

41The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

Bowen wrote:Cheese. Everyone is at least a little bit afraid of cheese.
not me I eat cheese way too much to be afraid of it

42The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I can never be afriad of things I have eaten...

43The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Katls

Katls

Top Hat Zebra wrote:Or, it could happen tomorrow. Damn space, you scary!
Spoiler:
@JT
Spoiler:

44The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:07 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

@Katls:

Spoiler:

[]

45The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

"Are people bugged by Scientific inaccuracy in movies?"

I voted yes; I'm not bugged by speculative future technology or when it's a very minor error.
I am pretty annoyed when, say, an EMP causes cars to spontaneously explode for a while afterwards.
(Ok, so that's from a videogame but the point stands.)

Glaring errors like that make me want to go to Ikea, buy a table, buy some plates and glasses and cutlery and napkins, set it all up in my room and then flip it out the window so hard that the Gardaí think the IRA bombed my house.

46The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I've said yes too, but only if it's really ridiculous. I'm sure there's a sort of uncanny valley for science in movies too. Regular science is usually not explosive enough for frequent use in movies, messing with it a little bit like car explosions in action movies is acceptable, going all out with new substances and futury stuff is fine, but anything in between (I'm looking at you, '2012' and every movie revolving around hacking) bugs me so bad.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

47The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Anything with computers in it tends to get really really stupid.
I mean, computers can't make things or themselves explode like that.

(except that particular mac line that had a problem with the battery, but that was a hardware and software fault of the highest order.)

Die hard 4: I'm pretty sure you can't hack into gas lines and set them on fire.
Or pressure it up til it asplodes.
For one thing, there are probably like a whole bunch of mechanical cut offs to prevent that kind of shit.

48The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Ah, Movie hacking.
NCIS is fairly bad when it comes to computers.
Being hacked? No worries.Get TWO people on one keyboard trying to counter it. Doesn't work? That's alright, the boss will pull the plug on the computer.....screen. Well done. I'm sure that will stop them.

This one annoyed me most:
Oh noes! A Bomb is attached to this computer! Look, there's a countdown and everything on the screen! What do we do? Fuck it, just shoot the screen. That's where they keep all the important bits, right? Never mind there might be a bomb around here, shooting wildly will work.

49The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

I like hacking when it comes to James Bond. Giant fucking satellite driven killing ray hooked up to a home computer setup? No probs.

50The Science Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Science Thread Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 am

Samiam

Samiam

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum