Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+16
Nitehoot
Icriex
Katls
Packie
A Sinister Speaker
Angua
D-Munny
Samiam
Bowen
Tuomey
AJ
Tacoline
Jonny
Gorgro
JT_the_Ninja
Hollyღ
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 40]

976Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:56 am

Samiam

Samiam

I beat Transformers WFC today

977Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Bowen

Bowen

My friends just spent last night playing Rachet and Clank.
Now I want MOAR! I had the first one, but my brother let someone borrow it, and it never came back.

978Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

If you were to rebuy it, I doubt it would be that expensive.

979Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Bowen

Bowen

True. But still. I resent having to buy something I already bought, that my brother lost, without my permission. Or even telling me untill I asked for his help finding it.

980Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Jonny

Jonny

Ugh. It's annoying, I bet.

981Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Yeah, I guess so. But apparently they're down to around $10 in the places that still sell copys. So it's not that much hassle.

982Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:33 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

983Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:10 am

Jonny

Jonny

Grr. I just got this game from a charity shop and this error appears. Any thoughts?

Video Games  - Page 40 Error86639

984Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:38 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

It must've escaped during the transfer...the dementors are slipping.[]

http://www.jttheninja.com

985Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:52 am

Jonny

Jonny

Those damn dementors!

Any idea on how to fix it?

Edit: Going to try a few things on the support page. Leave it with me.

Edit the Second: The game works on my laptop! Hurrah.

986Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:27 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

ECA asks US Supreme Court to reject restrictions on depicting violence in video games
‘Video games are an expressive medium that should be protected by the First Amendment,’ says ECA vice president.

The US Supreme Court has agreed to meet with the Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) to discuss the depiction of violence in video games in relation to the upcoming Schwarzenegger v. EMA case. “Video games are an expressive medium that should be protected by the First Amendment. There is nothing exceptional about video games’ interactivity that should preclude the Court finding that they are protected artistic expressions,” said Jennifer Mercurio, Vice President and General Counsel of the ECA.

If the Supreme Court agrees with the federal court’s decision in regards to Schwarzenegger v. EMA, video games will enjoy First Amendment protected speech, like books, movies and music. However, if the court disagrees, the ECA believes that this could lead to ‘new bills and laws curtailing video game access in states across the country.

The Entertainment Merchants Association has a good FAQ, detailing the Schwarzenegger v. EMA case, here. If you’d like to sign the ECA’s online petition.

Gamers: Now is the time to stand up and be counted!

For nearly two decades, elected officials have tried to regulate which video games you can buy, rent and play. Every single time they’ve passed a law, the federal courts have struck it down as unconstitutional. But this may change this fall.

The Supreme Court of the United States has agreed to hear the State of California’s infamous ‘violent video game case,’ Schwarzenegger v. EMA. That means that this year, or early next, the Court is going to decide whether to agree with the lower federal courts or not. Agreeing would mean that they believe that video games are, and should continue to be, First Amendment protected speech; just like books, movies and music. The court disagreeing would mean that they think video games should be treated differently. This could lead to new bills and laws curtailing video game access in states across the country.

It is no exaggeration to state that their hearing represents the single most important moment for gamers, and the pivotal issue for gaming, in the sector’s history.

Over this summer, we’ll be drafting and formally submitting our amicus brief, which will be included with the other official court documents related to the case. Separately, we will also attach a petition signed by you, the American public, which –by its very existence – will publicly define who the consumers of interactive entertainment are and why we care enough about the issue to take the time to make the effort to speak up and make our voices heard. The petition establishes an authoritative collective position which cannot be redefined by detractors nor co-opted by others. And it enshrines each and every signatory’s participation in the court documents and in the U.S. National Archives’ official records related to the case.

If you’re an American gamer, and you care about gaming and your rights, stand up and be counted; sign the petition today!

THE GAMER PETITION:

http://action.theeca.com/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=1781

987Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:16 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

The games that are pointless violence don't sell well anyway. You need to have a point to all of it! Like when you're proving you're a bad enough dude to rescue the president. From ninjas. Who have kidnapped him.

988Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:06 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Those allegations are false. I did not kidnap that man, the president. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

989Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Samiam wrote:I beat Transformers WFC today

Are you ready to play with me on hard mode yet? =)

990Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Rare wrote:
Samiam wrote:I beat Transformers WFC today

Are you ready to play with me on hard mode yet? =)

Sure =)

991Video Games  - Page 40 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:47 am

Jonny

Jonny

Playing Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? I love 90s software. It's innocent and charming without being too sickly.

-------

https://treehouse.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=142

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum