Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literature for excited Thespians & wise/all-knowing people!

+15
Gorgro
Moltenfield
Top Hat Zebra
JT_the_Ninja
someguy3657
Tuomey
Travelcube
D-Munny
Angua
Jonny
Messernacht
Hollyღ
Dog Breath
Tacoline
Katls
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I use to much description, which makes everything else feel...overdone. And dry. Hmpth.

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

That was pretty cool, Spooky.
It makes me want to read more, which is always a good thing.

I will definitely be writing stuff over the holidays, not here but on the site.Foundation site.
Possibly other stuff here too, but definitely there.

(Continuing... I LIVE!)

(Leaves squelched underneath their feet as they traversed the moistness that was the forest floor - leaving a trail of shallow footprints behind them.
They moved up, constantly checking every angle they could possibly be looked down upon from; The Canopies, the Roots, even wary of potential Spider-Hole traps.
"Keep you weapons at the ground, but always have them ready" Squirtle said, not facing anyone, but making it as a general announcement.
There was a clicking of Magazines and sights as the 'troupé' checked their arms.
"Those Easter Bloc-ers are no strangers to dirty tricks are they?" Totodile inquired to Charmander.
"Yeah, I've seen a lot of unexpected moves from their end in my time. Definitely have to be cautious whenever you get near them. Since they're so closed about everything, we're never quite sure what tricks they have up their collective sleeves." Charmander replied.
"Fair do's." Totodile responded.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pikachu & his somewhat mute cohort trailed at the back - the formation had lapsed as the group became more certain that there was nothing to be looking for.
"Hey Squirtle?" Nidorina said, breaking the silence.
"Yep?" He responded.
"Do you think that we'd be able to head back? I think that we have searched the whole area, and there's nothing much else around here... Apart from a few trees and discarded weapons." She asked, with a hint of hope in her voice.
"Well, as a matter of fact, I'm one step ahead of you." He said, quite jovially. "You see, we've just gone in a large loop, and we shouldn't be too far from the entrance right now."
"Awesome! I feel like getting some kind of Hot Chocolate later." she exclaimed, making Totodile and Sandslash laugh.
"She's always enthusiastic about something when she's finished it." Sandslash laughed.
"Well, work hard, play hard, I say." Totodile replied.
All of a sudden, there was a rustling in a nearby clump of bushes, and a small glint of light came from within it.
Squirtle held out an arm to stop the group, and signalled that he, Charmander & Totodile should investigate.
The other two followed him cautiously, before coming to a stop, and then jumping into the bush.
The others crowded round, intrigued by the scuffles and curses coming from the bush. There were shouts in both languages, one sounding more phlegm-based than the other.
"Someone! Go grab the Satchel! It has a taser in it!" Squirtle shouted from the bush.
Everyone frantically looked about for the bag, and it was only a few seconds later, that Esbby managed to see it.
He rushed over to it, and as soon as he touched it, he was swooped up from his feet, and in only a matter of seconds, he was trapped in a net 10 feet above the ground.
He yelped and struggled frantically in the net, getting himself tangled and cutting his arms.
"Squirtle! Hold off their reinforcements! Esbby is in trouble!" Pikachu shouted, amid scuffles and quick bursts of gunfire.
Esbby covered his head, hoping not to catch himself in the crossfire.
Just then, a loud roar bellowed above them, and the swooping of wings drowned out the sound of bullets.
Esbby looked down to see Charizard beneath him, breathing fire to an unseen enemy. There was more shouting and yelling, and his squad laid down more fire to drive them back.
"The cowards are retreating! One last push!" Charmander shouted.
He grabbed what seemed to be a ball of green fire, and threw it at the fleeing Sableye. A flash emitted, and a bang followed. The Sableye had disappeared. Where to, they didn't know, nor did they care. Charizard flailed his wings in a satisfied rage, but in doing so, he caught the bottom of the net, and made solid contact with the trapped Esbby's arm. He yelled and clutched at his arm.
Charizard gasped and carefully lifted himself off the ground, flapping gently, and grabbed the top of the net (which was tied to a canopy branch) with his teeth, and released it, bring the net and the Pokémon inside smoothly to the ground.
The net unfurled, and all the others crowded around him.
"Esbby! Are you alright? No wounds, no bullets?" Pikachu exclaimed, in a frantic mess.
"Anything wrong? Let me check." Chikorita said, investigating his body.
"Excuse me." A rumbling parted the group from him. "I think his arm might be broken."
Esbby looked up and saw Charizard's face, almost touching his nose.
"I'm sorry, you're not hurt, are you?" he asked in a quiet, caring tone.
He took a second to catch his breath before replying.
"Yeah, I'm fine. If it weren't for you, there might be more people to look after." He responded quietly. "I just need to get this healed, because I don't think I can move it."
"Yes, we can do that." Charizard said, smiling. "I still feel guilty about it. I should be more careful." He sniffed.
"Hey, never mind, it happens to the best of us." Esbby responded, smiling. He got up and hugged Charizard's huge snout, and laughed.
"Well, that's quite a sight." Sandslash piped up, in a happy manner.
"Yep!" Pikachu said, "They're good friends!" He patted Esbby on the back before turning to Squirtle and asking;
"So, I think we've done enough for one day. Want to head back to the town?"
"I could think of fewer things better." He responded. "Come on everyone, that's a wrap."
He picked up his back and weapon, just like everyone else, and walked alongside them; Esbby, on Charizard's back, at the back of the team.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Another page of Esbby's story - bravo!

Tacoline

Tacoline

NEATO!

also,
@2me: what article are u working on?

also, i have 3 pages moe completed of the comic, but i'm not posting them yet cuz i want at least 6 to post

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

An unposted one, Taco, I'll let you guys know when I post it.

They made their way towards the edge of the forest limits, less than silently with Charizard as an extra in their ranks - His wings knocking down several small, insignificant trees as they went.
Nidorina turned round and said to Charizard:
"Hey, what happened to Blue over there?" gesturing to Esbby.
Charizard looked down on her, raised eyebrows and after a few seconds, replied:
"Broken Arm. He'll be fine."
Her mouth fell into a frown, and (in a more sympathetic tone), said;
"Tough break. He's already been through a lot, eh?"
"More than he would like." Charizard said.
Meanwhile, Esbby was staring at the smooth, unscaled skin of Charizard's back, quite unfocussed on any part of what was occurring beneath him. Maybe it was his quiet behaviour that they thought he was asleep, and openly talked about his situation; which wasn't unreasonable, but it wasn't what he most needed to hear right there and then. Anything that reminded him that he was not in any naturally comfortable state, made him slightly depressed.
"So, what now?" Totodile said to Squirtle, limping slightly, owing to having fallen over earlier.
"Well, we best go and inform the Civilians that the threat is cleared, and by tomorrow, the town should be 99 Percent rebuilt."
Totodile whistled, and commended the undone effort with an "Impressive".
"Yeah, industrious, free people." Squirtle said in a thick, Western accent, mocking smoking a cigar.
"You know freedom greater than I do friend, but I cherish it more since I never had it as
a child." Charizard said.
"That, I can't appreciate enough, Charizard." Squirtle replied, smiling nobly.
By that time, they'd crested the edge of the forest, and had now made their way back onto the long road which winded through the centre of the town. A town which now, would have to be rebuilt by those who wanted to fight least.

A cool breeze flew across Charizard's smooth, unscaled back as the crew had reached the edge of the civilian camp, on the other side of the ruined town. What they had seen had already shocked all of them. The Merchant's stores and markets had only foundations which remained standing, as the stone which covered it had been blasted off from explosions and gunfire. What was perhaps the most striking scene, was the guild entrance. The huge bust of Wigglytuff remained intact, but it was cracked. And from the crack, a Red Banner, with a gold bolt of lightning was emblazoned upon it. The door was marked with a Red Fist, and beneath, it wrote;
"Abandon all hope." Or so Squirtle had explained to the group earlier, as it was in the EWT's native language.
--I will continue this after I come back from France :S--

someguy3657

someguy3657

I'm currently working on a poke fic of my own. I'll tell you more about it later, right now I got stuff to do...

I doubt it could rivalise SB's fic in greatness, but I'll try =P

Aww, thanks Someguy But believe me, it's just the product of my boredom, sadly. I love writing it, but I can't find much time to do so :/ Best of luck with yours though :3

someguy3657

someguy3657

Thanks for the support, SB!

Mine will also be a product of boredom, thought.

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

A friend and I started a freeform RPG of our (mostly my) own design, based on the Thursday Next book series. Just started beginning of this week, but it's moving slowly...couple false starts. Anyway, hopefully it works out, since it's my first time as a GM. We have about 5 people playing, which is about right for the theme. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

someguy3657

someguy3657

So should I just post my fic chapters here?

A cool breeze flew across Charizard's smooth, unscaled back as the crew had reached the edge of the civilian camp, on the other side of the ruined town. What they had seen had already shocked all of them. The Merchant's stores and markets had only foundations which remained standing, as the stone which covered it had been blasted off from explosions and gunfire. What was perhaps the most striking scene, was the guild entrance. The huge bust of Wigglytuff remained intact, but it was cracked. And from the crack, a Red Banner, with a gold bolt of lightning was emblazoned upon it. The door was marked with a Red Fist, and beneath, it wrote;
"Abandon all hope." Or so Squirtle had explained to the group earlier, as it was in the EWT's native language.

--

Through silent affirmation, the group came to a conclusion as to how best they should enter the campsite. in the end, Squirtle sighed deeply and decided that he would be the one to enter at first. The sound of chatter was the first thing he heard as he entered the perimeter. The instant that he set foot past the treeline, three small Poocheyna ran out, barking wildly. A few seconds later, a Kirlia and a Wartortle stepped out of a large tent to follow the barking canines. Squirtle had to back off with his hands raised, as the gruff Wartortle stomped towards him with a Shotgun pointing towards his chest.
"Woah, woah, cool it. We're friendly." Squirtle said, still backing to the edge of the treeline.
"Mot de Passe? Vous le Savez?" he said in a thick accent.
"Aww Crap. Lisienne." He said to himself. "Charmander?" he called.
From the trees, Charmander walked slowly into the scene.
"What's the problem, Squirtle?" he asked, tilting his head in Puzzlement.
"You wouldn't happen to know Lisienne, would you?" Squirtle asked, in a surprisingly calm matter - seeing as the Wartortle was still pointing the gun to his chest.
"Alas, languages were never as strong as my Marksmanship." he replied, matter-of-factly. "How about the new kids? They know anything?" Squirtle asked. "I'll go and get them."
As he turned, the Wartortle put a hand on his shoulder and stopped him.
"Arretez-y." he said.
Squirtle sighed and relaxed the Wartortle.
Charmander left the campsite and went back to Charizard, Pikachu and Esbby, who was asleep on Charizard's back.
"Charizard, we've got a slight hitch." Charmander said.
"Oh yes?" he replied, intrigued. "What is it?"
"The security guard for the camp speaks Lisienne. Any knowledge of the language?" Charmander asked.
Charizard sighed and shook his head.
"Sorry, friend. The state didn't encourage the learning of another language. Just Sciences, Mathematics and our own language." he said, disappointed.
Pikachu, also with his head tilted, asked;
"Lisienne? What's that?"
"Ah, Treasure Town isn't too far from the coast, as you know. About 20 Miles across the ocean is Lysia. A more Rural area, full of well-established farmer-types and upstart go-getters." Charmander explained. "The bad news is, they have their own... Somewhat nasal language."
"Ah. Well, that's odd. I should've known about this place. I guess I was never taught about it." Pikachu said.
"Hello? Anybody speaking this crazy language yet?" Squirtle said through the trees.
"Oh right!" Charmander exclaimed. "Wake Esbby up! Give it a shot. You never know what's going on in his mind."
Pikachu nodded and did as told. He jumped up on Charizard's back and jogged Esbby, who stirred.
"Hey, buddy?" he said. "Gonna wake up?"
Esbby groaned, and rubbed his eyes with his tail, and sat up.
"What is it?" He replied groggily.
"Come with us." Pikachu said, lifting him up from Charizard's back.
Esbby got up and walked along with Charmander and Pikachu through the treeline."
The Wartortle was still holding Squirtle and padding his foot on the ground.
"Ugh. Finalement." He sighed to himself.
"Qu'est ce-qu'il s'est passé?"
The words came from Esbby's mouth by reflex. He was shocked by himself and took a bit of time to recuperate. Pikachu, Charmander and Squirtle stood there, jaws dropping. Even the Wartortle was surprised. He then shook his head and replied;
"Mot de Passe?"
Esbby turned to Pikachu and said;
"He... wants a Password." he said, quietly.
Pikachu raised his eyebrows and turned to Squirtle.
"Password? They're pretty tight on the people who just saved their town." he said.
"Ah well. That's easy." Squirtle said. "Cupcakes."
Esbby and Pikachu sighed and shook their heads.
"That's Wigglytuff all over." Pikachu said, amused.
"Ouais." The Wartortle said. "Bienvenue." He smiled, and stood aside.
"Merci." Squirtle said in a fragmented response.
They strolled past the Kirlia, and she smiled at each one of them.
Squirtle turned back sharply and shouted;
"Charizard! You can come on through!"
The trees rumbled as Charizard squeezed through the narrow gap. The Wartortle stared at him, and cleared his path, trembling.
"Bloody Lisiennes." Charmander groaned to Squirtle. "They're twenty miles from here, it would be nice if they could learn our language..."
"To each his own." Squirtle replied, laughing. "But more importantly, how did Blue back there know Lisienne?" he continued, turning to Esbby.
"Yeah! That was impressive!" Pikachu said.
"You could be a grade-A Fro- I mean... Politoad!" Charmander exclaimed.
Esbby stared at the floor and shrugged:
"I'm not skilled at much. That was just something I'd picked up." He replied.
Of course, this was untrue. He didn't know how he had made such a quick response, or even knew what he was saying.
"Well, you saved me a lot there!" Squirtle said, 'noogying' him.
"Too right, Mate. Now we can finally brief the rest of the civvies. God, I need a sit-down." Charmander added.
The four approached the largest tent, from which came booming voices, cheerful laughter, and the sound of culinary clashing.
Pikachu smiled.
"If this is the spirit of our people amidst such a crisis, the we have nothing to fear." he said. "Come on. Every journey begins with a single step."
The chatter died down as the four made their appearance inside the great tent.

someguy3657

someguy3657

(OMFG MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT A POKE FIC. It's a suspense/action. The story will mostly take place in the past. Consider this part a prologue, and a glimpse at the present state of my character. Lastly, tell me what you guys think! The first part will mostly leave you asking questions, but you'll have to wait for the other parts.)

Wanted

I woke up on a solid, wet floor. I hear excited murmuring coming from my left. It isn’t that loud, but the headache I’m feeling at this moment makes things much worse. I groan and lift my head up a bit. The murmuring almost stops instantly. I quickly look at my surroundings. It’s a bit dark, but the flame my tail is giving makes me able to see the walls. Oh, did I forget to mention? Yeah, I’m a Charmander.

Anyways, about those walls. They seem to be made out glass. They’re closed in, making a small rectangle the size of a bathtub. I look up. Another wall seals me in my glass cell, with a small trapdoor in which I came from. It’s obviously locked from the outside. I look to my left, where I heard the murmuring, and I see, just outside of my glass cell, the familiar faces of the pokemons who have been hunting me down for the past 6 month. The faces of the pokemons who I’ve seen multiples times, both in real life and in my nightmares. I get up and look at them. I’m angry. I’m furious. But them? They’re smiling. Not the kind of smile that makes you wanna smile, the ones that mock. The ones you get after swatting that annoying fly that's been buzzing around your head for a while. And among the faces, SHE is there, in the front row, grinning evilly.

I start violently banging my fists against the window, screaming to let me out. If I have to die, I want to die fighting. I want to take out as many of these fuckers before being killed. But she doesn’t move. On the contrary, she just grins more at my rage. She turns to another pokemon (can’t tell which, like I said, the room is kinda dark) and tells it something. I see that pokemon smile, nod, and head towards a valve. He turns the valve to the maximum. Suddenly, I hear it.

Water.

I look up, and notice a pipe leading to the inside of my cell. I can’t believe that I missed that while looking around. And you wanna know what that pipe is doing?

It’s pouring water. Right into my cell.

I look on the ground. The water is already reaching my toes.

My rage turned into fear faster than you could even imagine.

I keep banging on the window, this time not expecting the bastards to let me out, but hoping I could break out. Tough luck, thought. The windows are about two inches thick, my banging don’t even leave a dent on the wall. My pitiful attempts at escape only make my captors laugh.

That’s right. I’m slowly going to die in a terrible, inhumane fashion. And they find that funny.

The water is already over my toes. What’s worst, it’s cold water. Even if I’m a fire pokemon, I can resist a bit more to warm water. Cold water, on the other hand, stings like hell. I keep jumping from one leg to another. More laughter.

How did I get in such a situation, you might ask?

Well, it all started 6 months ago...

(^^ You remind me of Woods from 'Black Ops' ;3 You'll have a plan to escape, I bet! :D)

someguy3657

someguy3657

(lol thanks. But my story isn't gonna be about war. That's your story =P )

I don’t know why, but I feel like I should start from the very beginning.

I was born without parents. My dad left my mom when he heard she was pregnant, and my mom died giving birth to me. My mom’s friend took a bit care of me when I was too young to take care of myself, but as soon as I learned how to walk and talk, he just left one morning and never came back. I didn’t have a name at that time; my ‘’dad’’ always called me ‘’Kid’’. So I decided to call myself Chuck. Why Chuck? Because I like that name. I don’t need any other reason.

I became very self resourceful very quickly, finding berries and such to eat for most of my life. When I reached 15 years of age, I started traveling. I remember planning on finding my dad, but I gave up on that after a while. I got in a few fights, and I even started to evolve. But I was scared of evolving (Don't judge me!), so I stopped my evolution and stayed a Charmander. I don’t regret it much; I’m not too fond of how a Charmeleon looks like, if I have to be honest. I eventually reached Goldenrod City, which, at the time, was a growing metropolis, with trainers and pokemons coming from all over the world. I liked the city, and decided to live there.

I didn’t feel like being captured by any trainer. Staying in a ball until someone takes you out to fight bigger guys than you? No thanks. So every time a trainer was interested in me, I got away. I became a bit famous in Goldenrod. I was, for some time, known as ‘’the invisible Charmander’’ because I’d be there in front of a trainer, and by the time he’d reach one of his pokeballs, I was gone. It was easy; I learned how to avoid being spotted early in life. I can honestly say that it saved me from bad encounters multiple times.

With all the pokemons that came and went in Goldenrod, I can say that I had some friends and some enemies. Usually, when there is a lot of pokemons, pokemon gangs start. You know, pokemons grouping up and doing good or bad, depending on what the leader wants. Anyways, I heard a rumor that a gang formed around the city, but I never saw any of the members, or the gang, if it wasn’t an urban myth. I also heard about murders and thievery in the pokemon community, and peoples claimed they saw some members of that gang doing the act. Those same peoples either denied their claims a few days afterward, or just disappeared without a single trace. Needless to say, everyone was scared of the gang.

Anyways, my story begins during a cold afternoon in February, when I was 17 years old...

someguy3657

someguy3657

On that fateful day, I was just wandering around aimlessly. My morning has been pretty dull, and I really had no plans for the rest of the entire day, and when that happens, I just take a stroll. I was walking near the Goldenrod Game Corner. That’s a stupid name for a casino, but that’s my opinion. As I was passing it, I heard some noise in the alley between the Game Corner and the house beside it. I could’ve just left. It wasn’t my business. None of the things that happened would’ve happened. But I didn’t. I was too curious. I decided to take a peak.

I saw a Treeko and a Sandslash. They were both attacking something. I looked, and saw a Pikachu on the ground, his face in a bloody mess. While the Pikachu was writhing in pain on the ground, his two attackers were bashing him mercilessly. I heard the Treeko say:

‘’That’s what you get when you don’t pay back your debts, man! Now where’s the money, huh?’’

The Pikachu backed up a bit against the wall, coughing, and answered:

‘’L-look...Mike...I told you...I...I don’t have it...j-just give me ‘til Tuesday, and I’ll...’’

He was interrupted by a violent kick in the stomach given by the Sandslash. The Treeko, whose name is apparently Mike, screamed:

‘’You told me the same thing THREE WEEKS AGO! WHERE’S THE MONEY?!’’

That did it for me. Those guys were attacking a helpless guy. They were gonna get it. I grabbed a rock from the ground, held it tight in my fist, and grabbed the Treeko’s attention by shouting:

‘’Hey, asshole! HERE’S your money!’’

I then threw the rock as hard as I could. It hit Mike right on the nose. He dropped on his knees, holding his nose while shouting in pain. His buddy the Sandslash ran towards me, trying to slash me with his claws. I avoided his attacks easily, and gave him a good headbutt on the head, knocking him on the ground. I then gave him a piece of his own medicine by kicking him in the guts. I then noticed Mike rushing towards me, screaming angrily. Heat raised in my chest as I gave him my Ember attack, knocking him back. Both of the attackers got up, and started fleeing towards the other end of the alleyway. I grabbed a few more rocks to throw at them. Before turning around the corner, Mike turned to me, his nose bloody from my rock, and said:

‘’You’re dead, man! You hear me? DEAD!’’

I answered him by chucking a few more rocks. He left. I then turned my attention to the Pikachu. Those two guys really had him good. He had a swollen black eye and bleeding cuts all over his face and body. His body was on the ground, his back against the wall. Mud and some of his blood made parts of his yellow fur really dirty. He was breathing heavily. He kept staring at me, his eyes wide. I asked:

‘’You ok? Don’t worry, buddy, those pricks are gone…’’

Silence. He slowly got himself up and kept looking at me. I was expecting him to say thank you, or ask if I could help him get to the Pokemon center. Or whatever. What he did instead was maybe the last thing I was expecting. He grabbed my shoulders, looked me dead in the eyes, and, in all seriousness, and with a hint of fear in his voice, he told me:

‘’Get outta town!’’

(tell me what you guys think so far, I love criticism. And be honest)

Last edited by someguy3657 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total

someguy3657

someguy3657

(Hey guys, I need an evil pokemon gang name. Anybody has any ideas on a good name?)

((I like your story, Somes! <-- Chance of New Nickname as dictated by the Gods of 'No': 0.00000000001%--- You've jumped directly into action, and I like that >:3 As for an evil Group Name, maybe 'Kerberos'? Greek for 'Demon of the Pit :3))

"Gentlemen?" Charmander addressed the stunned table-dwellers.
Esbby looked about, and saw that they were in the presence of the whole guild, Totodile and his troupé were there, and (to his greatest impression), what appeared to be the whole town. There were also a few unfamiliar faces, to the mix, with many official-looking types. He watched as Pikachu and Squirtle stepped forward to present themselves. He decided to stay where he was; moving was tiring.
Wigglytuff (who was at the head of the long, rectangular table, alongside some hat-wearing intellectuals) raised himself enthusiastically and greeted them with a jovial:
"Welcome back, friends! Welcome, welcome!"
Squirtle smiled and looked up at him.
"It's a pleasure." He said, with a faint grin on his face. Evidently, he was trying not to laugh at how out-of-place he seemed between the top-hatted, agéd turtles.
One of those turtles slowly got up, wheezing slightly as he did. The one beside him helped him get off his chair.
"Thank you." He muttered, quietly. He then looked at the four in the middle of the tent. "Please, would you come here? My larynx isn't quite as strong as it used to be." He said, addressing Squirtle, Pikachu, Charmander and Esbby.
Charmander nodded, and the others followed him up to the Red turtle. As he got closer, Esbby noticed that the skin on his face was cut, and wrinkled noticeably under his eyes. Nonetheless, he stood next to Pikachu in the line they made in front of him
"Yes, sir?" Squirtle asked, obviously having noted he was a respected individual. The turtle smiled and raised his front leg, waving it dismissively.
"Please, no need for that, noble sir." he replied. Squirtle blushed and was taken aback by the appellation of 'Noble Sir'. "I wish to greet you. My name is Torkoal, and I am the administrator of this region." he said, in a proud, yet weak tone.
Pikachu's eyes widened, as did the other two's. This obviously meant something.
"It's an pleasure, sir." Pikachu stammered. "I know little of your purpose here, or what you do, but if it's anything to do with the region - especially at this time..." He finished, not able to complete a coherent sentence.
The Torkoal laughed.
"No need to be like that, dear boy! I'm just another pencil-pushing old fool who has come to visit." he smiled. But his smile quickly turned into a darker, more serious stare.
"Anyway, what we've all been eager to know is: Is it safe for the residents of Treasure Town to move back in? Their patience has been tested like never before, and to deny them their return!" He ended his sentence in a bit of a rage, but not aggressive to the four listening in.
As he finished, the tent went deathly silent. Everybody, indeed eager to know the fate of their town.
Charmander stepped forward.
"I will only deny you one thing." He said The atmosphere went further silent.
"A chance to see any Communist Grunts. Treasure Town in secure, but it's come at a material cost. The town is in ruins."
There was little chatter.

--Pausing here. Time :S--

someguy3657

someguy3657

(Thanks, SB! For my name, you can call me someguy3657. somes, Guy, someguy, 3657, Charles, Chuck, Mr Sexy, TheBagWarrior (my other name on the web) or anything you want, as long as I know you're talking to me. And Kerberos as a gang name sounds fancy and threatening at the same time, so I decided to take it. Thanks again! =D )

Saying I was surprised at that point would be an understatement. I couldn’t even make a full phrase.

“I don’t…but I…and, uh…what…”

“You heard me. Get out of this town, and as fast as you can.” Then he started mumbling, almost in a whisper. He looked like he was talking more to himself than to me. “In fact, I’m gonna go, I-I gotta grab my stuff, I gotta go before they…they…”

He looked at both ends of the alleyway in panic, as if expecting an army to come at any moment. He let me go and started walking out of the alleyway, mumbling to himself quickly. I kept watching him. I needed answers. He had answers. I ran up to him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” I said to the Pikachu, who was still mumbling and staring quickly in multiple directions. “Tell me why I have to leave Goldenrod. Was it because of those guys? They were nothing. I can take them.”

The Pikachu turned to me, his face angry, making him look a bit crazy. Maybe that’s what he was too. He did an angry, sarcastic laugh, and then he told me:

“Oh, yeah! How could I have forgotten? You can take them! In fact, you can take on the whole gang! Because surprising two guys in an alleyway makes you invincible now! Well, you wanna know something funny? That’s what I use to think too; that if trouble starts, I could take ‘em. Look at me now! I’ve never been more in trouble in my life! AND DO I LOOK LIKE I FUCKING TOOK THEM BACK THERE?”

His screaming caught the attention of a few peoples passing in the street. I stared at the peoples watching, telling them without words that everything was fine. He was panting hard for no reason, looking even more crazy. He then turned and started walking away. I followed him; I had more questions.

“Well…well, could you at least tell me who they are?” I asked, hoping he won’t scream again. I saw him bent over to grab a bit of snow (we’re in February, remember?), and using it to clean his face and body a bit. While he was cleaning his wounds, he said:

“Look, you’re obviously not that bright. If I tell you to leave the city, you shouldn’t ask a million questions instead. You should just do it. But I’ll answer your question. Those two guys you attacked? Well, guess what? They’re both members of the Kerberos gang. Rather high ranking ones, too.”

The Kerberos gang. That’s the gang I was talking about earlier. The Pikachu finished cleaning up. Other than his black eye and his cuts, he seemed good. He faced me and explained:

“Death threats were sent to me almost everyday, things were stolen from me, I was kidnapped, I was publicly humiliated, and believe me when I say that this little alley brawl here wasn’t my first beating. And all that because I owned the gang a measly 200 dollars that I borrowed to buy medicine. That’s why I’m telling you to leave town; when she hears that you beat up Mike and Clash, you’ll be in a world of shit.”

He started leaving me. A question that I’m sure many of you just asked yourself then came out of my mouth:

“Wait, she? Who’s she?”

The Pikachu froze as soon as I asked that question. I noticed a shiver go through his body. He then said, without looking at me and more slowly than before:

“She’s a Zangoose. The most cruel, evil, pitiless and scariest Zangoose you could possibly imagine. Her name is Sarah, and she’s the leader of the Kerberos gang. Her own gang members are scared of her. She killed a whole bunch of peoples, each kill more gruesome than the last. She’s strong, almost bloodthirsty, and she doesn’t accept the slightest rebellion against her gang. I heard that once, one of the members didn’t want to do some thing she wanted done. He said he didn’t want to do it because he found it morally awful. Poor sap didn’t live 5 seconds after he finished his phrase, she made sure of it. She is going to kill you when she gets her hand on you. You have to get out of town. That’s what I’m doing right now. Have a good life, kid, and thanks for helping me out back there.”

That’s all he said before leaving for good. I just stood there, wondering if I should follow his much repeated advice or not.

I’ll never fully understand what made me choose to stay in Goldenrod. Maybe because I liked this town too much, maybe because I thought that the gang wasn’t as bad as it sounds, or that they wouldn’t recognise me. All I know is that I decided to ignore that Pikachu’s wise warnings.

Looking back, I now realize that it was the biggest mistake I ever did.

someguy3657

someguy3657

Let me tell you something: even in a big city like Goldenrod, rumors pass on quick.

Only two days after I saved that Pikachu, everyone in town seemed to know what happened. I couldn’t walk down the street without getting stared at. I became the biggest thing in town. Peoples I never met before started thanking me for making the streets a bit safer, while others were betting on how long I have left to live. I even heard my story from the mouths of some kids, and apparently I was against 6 high leveled martial arts experts all armed with knives and pipes, and I took them all out single handedly without getting a single scratch.

But I also noticed a few other things. For starters, some pokemons, when they saw me, got frightened and ran away as fast as their legs could carry them. Others would stare at me from street corners, and would refuse to lose me from sight. And when I say “refuse”, I really mean it; I could stay in an area for an hour, and they would still be there, at the same place, watching my every move. I even noticed I was being followed every now and then, and every time I would look back, the pokemon following me would suddenly completely ignore me. The last words that Pikachu told me kept repeating in my head, but my mind was set on staying in Goldenrod.

So one night, I was heading home, and- wait, I didn’t describe my house, did I? Well, like I said earlier, Goldenrod is a growing metropolis. With a growing city, old buildings get replaced with new ones. The humans were about to destroy some old apartment building and replace it with some new one. However, they were stopped when they realized that me and some other pokemons decided to live there. They tried to shoo us away, but we remained put, and then some pokefans protested in our favour. So the city counsel decided to let the building stand for us, and to build their new building somewhere else. They banned any trainer to enter the building, so we have no chance of being captured while we sleep. I live in room 5, where I managed to move in an old mattress and store some of my food and personal possessions. It ain’t fancy, but it’s of decent size and comfy enough.

So, back to my story. I was going home one night, about a week after the alley fight. It was getting late, and I felt a bit tired. I was about to lay down on my bed for a good night’s sleep when suddenly I heard the apartment door slowly open. I groaned; I must have forgotten to lock the door, and the wind must have blown it open. That wasn’t the first time it happened. I slowly got myself up, and headed for the main entrance. I opened the living room light, and I saw, in the doorway, a figure. I froze in surprise. I looked a bit more, and realised it was a Typhlosion.

“Umm, can I help you?” I asked.

No response. He stared at me, his face expressionless. He was rather tall, and he looked powerful. His face almost showed that this guy never smiled a single time in his life. I asked the same question again. Still no response. He took a step in, and, without losing me from sight, closed the door behind him and locked it.

It was only at that point I realized he was holding something.

It’s one of those human weapons…uh, what’s the name again? I forgot…ummm…

Oh, yeah. A gun.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Yesh more stories Literature for excited Thespians & wise/all-knowing people! - Page 3 Emote___Squeal_by_Rabbidry

someguy3657

someguy3657

Yay the beecat likes my story! (I think. I HOPE.)

The little chatter, was in fact silence.
All mulled over what Charmander had just said. Faces were contorted between the happiness that their town was now safe, but sadness dwelled in them, now knowing that they would have to rebuild the once great town.
Wigglytuff himself nodded in silent contemplation, along with the officials beside him.
"We did what we could. Only a minor injury to one of the kids, but nothing that can't be healed. They suffered much more than we did. We had Charizard on our side." Totodile said, having just walked into the tent with his troupé.
"It wasn't easy, but we got the job done." Chikorita said, waving her head.
Wigglytuff grinned slightly, as did another Torkoal.
"Well, I wouldn't have expected anything more. As long as the citizens can return, that's all I wanted. As for building, we're industrious. We can get this jig back together in a week. You've done more than enough." The Torkoal said.
"Yup! I'm very proud of the super new recruits! Pikachu & Esbby did a great Job! Thanks Veteran-People! Couldn't have done it without you!" Wigglytuff exclaimed in a much happier tone.
The teams couldn't help but laugh, as did the rest of those around the table.
"Well, we can't just sit here, Guildmaster! We must tell them of the great advance!" Chatot said, flapping his wings madly. Esbby didn't notice him behind the table, nor did anybody else. Even those around the table were questioning his presence.
"Oh Yes! Yes, yes!" Wigglytuff shouted. "Yes indeed!"
"What is it, Wigglytuff?" Charmander asked, intruiged.
"Well..." He said, grinning, trying to keep a huge smile off his face. "You know we went on that little excursion of our own, to investigate Time Gears?"
"Yeah, you did say something like that now you mention it." Squirtle added.
"Well, we've collected one! It was from the Hidden Forest!" He said in a joyous tone. "We're one step ahead of the Time Gear Thief or thieves!"
Pikachu smiled and waved his tail.
"Alright!" he said. "Time can be restored to the forest and we can assure the safety of all those living there!" He smiled broadly.
"Yup yup!" Wigglytuff said, smiling back.
There was chatter from around the table, some laughter, and a loftier atmosphere. One, the group hadn't seen for a while.
Wigglytuff exhaled after laughing, and then reclined in his seat.
"Well, I guess we can return to the town!" he said. "Right?" directing that to everyone.
There were general tones of ascent, and much triumphant chattering, the cracking of glasses as they hit each other in Salutes to health.
Everyone was smiling, Squirtle, Charmander and Pikachu each giving each other cool high-fives for a job well-done. Pikachu cordially slapped Esbby on the shoulder, to which he inhaled sharply as his Broken arm jerked painfully.
"Aw Man! Sorry about that!" Pikachu exclaimed. He turned to Wigglytuff.
"Hey, does anybody know how to heal Esbby's arm? He kind of broke it." Pikachu said in a guilty tone.
"Ah, no need to worry!" Wigglytuff said, unconcerned. "Chansey! Could you work your magic, please?" he said, calling Chansey.
From there, a White-bellied, Pink Pokémon sporting a Red-Cross Hat.
"D'aww!" She said, with puckered Cheeks, slightly creeping Esbby out. "Let me see to that!"
She walked over to him, her hands glowing pink, and she waved them above his arm.
From there, a slight jerk in his arm brought the bone back into place. At least, that's what he thought had happened, because though his arm was sore, he could move it again.
"There, all better!" She said, giggling.
Esbby nodded, but didn't smile.
"Thanks a lot. Appreciated."
She smiled and walked off.
"All yours, Wiggles!" She added, laughing, and giving him a quick kiss.
Wigglytuff laughed jovially and brought himself down from his chair.
"Right, everyone. Let's get everyone away to sleep, and start our town anew from tomorrow!"
"Hooray!" Everyone shouted, punching the air, or waving happily.
Pikachu smiled at Esbby.
"Hey. Team?" he said.
"Team." Esbby replied.

someguy3657

someguy3657

The Typhlosion took a step or two towards me, clutching his pistol in his right hand. I kept alternating my stare between his weapon and the blank look on his face. My adrenaline suddenly jumped, and my whole body was almost shaking in fear. I slowly backed up as he cocked his gun.

“W-Wait, there’s no need for this”, I said, while trying to keep my voice as calm as possible. I kept backing up. “Can’t w-we just…talk this over or something?”

He didn’t want that, thought. He made it pretty clear by pointing the gun at my head.

I quickly dived to my left, into the small hallway that lead towards the kitchen area. I heard a faint sound (the gun must have been made to make the least noise possible), and felt a bullet whizz by me, but it didn’t hit. I got up, and started running as fast as I could towards the back of my apartment. Surprisingly, the Typhlosion didn’t run after me. Quite on the contrary, in fact; it sounded like he was walking. I suppose he thought he didn’t need to tire himself, since I have nowhere to run.

I entered the bathroom, which was in the kitchen area. I grabbed the tip of my tail, to hide the flame it was giving, and I leaned against the wall and listened. I heard the attacker’s heavy footsteps coming into the kitchen. I risked a quick peek, and saw him looking around under the table and in the corners, making sure I wasn’t hiding somewhere. Luckily, he didn’t notice me, and the only way he would is if he enters the bathroom, but he would do just that in a minute, I knew it. I leaned my whole body against the wall again, trying not to breath too hard even though my heart was pounding against my chest. I quickly looked at my options.

I could wait in the bathroom, and it would only be a matter of time before he found me. I felt like living, thought, so I tossed that idea away.

I could risk running out of the bathroom and try heading for the door, but he could shoot me before I reach it, and besides, he locked it, so I could get killed before opening it.

I could scream for help; me and him aren’t the only ones in this building. But then he would know exactly where I was, making my time to live much shorter than it already is. And besides, by the time someone came, I’d be already dead.

So there was only one option left; I had to fight to survive. Won’t be easy, since the guy’s almost 3 times my size.

I looked around the bathroom for something that could make a decent weapon. Go into your bathroom right now and try to find something that could defend you against an armed gunman…in ten seconds. That was basically my scenario at the moment. I saw the toilet plunger I found in a garbage the other day against the wall. That will have to do. I grabbed the rubber area, so the wooden handle becomes the thing I whack with.

The footsteps were approaching the bathroom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum