Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Literature for excited Thespians & wise/all-knowing people!

+15
Gorgro
Moltenfield
Top Hat Zebra
JT_the_Ninja
someguy3657
Tuomey
Travelcube
D-Munny
Angua
Jonny
Messernacht
Hollyღ
Dog Breath
Tacoline
Katls
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

someguy3657

someguy3657

Unless if you actually have seen your life flash before your eyes, you have no idea what it’s like. It’s like if someone decided to play quick, two second parts of your memory in your mind, while everything around you suddenly stops moving. I saw a whole bunch of thing from the time I reached the ground; me as a young baby looking at my dying mother, who’s just given birth to me; her friend, a Sneasel, teaching me how to walk and talk; that same Sneasel telling me he’ll be back at lunch one day, and never coming back; me walking across some roads, exploring the area; me reaching Goldenrod City for the first time; the time when I met Rick and a couples of other good friends; the alley fight two and a half weeks ago; Stretch’s attack at my house; the scene at the park; and everything that happened today. I told myself at that moment that I lived a rather good life. I closed my eyes and waited for the fatal impact.

Instead, I fell into something strange. It wasn’t hard, but it wasn’t soft either. One thing I could tell, though; it wasn’t the ground. It was something else. I opened my eyes, and saw a dirty, green wall. Under me were garbage bags. I realized that I must have fallen into the dumpster. I got out, placed my bag of food on the ground and felt my body parts. After realizing nothing was broken, I couldn’t believe my luck. I was alive! I survived! I fell down seven floors, and lived to tell the tale! I started laughing. I couldn’t believe it. I still don’t, actually. Of course, not everyone was happy. I heard Sarah angrily scream over me, telling the others to climb down, quickly. That made me remember I was supposed to flee for my life. I grabbed my plastic bag and started running down the street.

I kept sprinting towards the train station. I had no clue what time it was, but I was hoping it wasn’t too late to catch the train. I kept looking behind me, but nobody was following. I was a small distance away from them. That didn’t make me slow down, though. I avoided peoples and cars as I finally reached the Main Boulevard and entered the train station.

No train in sight.

I looked at the clock that was on the wall. 12:42. My train was for 12:30. I missed it. I missed my chance to escape town.

It’s times like that when my mind seems to be talking to me.

What now, Chuck? What are you going to do now? You missed the train. You have to get out of town nonetheless. Let’s look at your options. You could buy another ticket for the next train, but by then you might be dead. You have nowhere to hide in town since the Kerberos Gang pretty much owns the streets. Guess that only means one thing, Chuck. You gotta starts running out of Goldenrod and live somewhere else. Better hurry, though, ‘cause you got a total of ten peoples behind you who want you dead.

I stepped out of the train station with my bag and started heading north, since I was near the outskirts of town. I barely took a few steps when I heard someone scream “There he is!” behind me.

Damnit!

I ran like hell again. I quickly turned my head and saw that the whole group was chasing me, but they were rather far. I was getting tired, and I noticed that they were getting closer. I kept trying to run, but my legs were killing me. I was so tired I was almost walking, and when I turned my head, I saw that they almost reached me.

Then, another miracle. At the exact time I thought I was a goner because of my terrible wind, one of those trucks that humans use to move from one house to another went passing by and it was about to enter the highway. It gave me an idea. I gave up my last bit of energy as I ran towards the truck with my bag and jumped on the back deck. The truck speeded off, with me on it, and I looked happily as the gang realized they couldn’t catch me now and slowed down. I sighed in relief as the truck got out of town.

At that point, I thought it was all over. I was finally rid of that insane group.

Boy, was I wrong.

someguy3657

someguy3657

(yay more stories no one is reading =P)

I peacefully closed my eyes and laid my head against the van as it’s motor was silently roaring. I calmed my heart and tried to lower my adrenaline a bit as I let my thoughts wander. It thought about a high number of subjects, for example, where I was going to live from now on, and what I’d do over there. I’ll be brought into a new area, and I’ll have to start with the basics all over again; finding a decent place to sleep, getting a bit more food, and then searching for the company of others. The truck would bring me to a new city, far away from the Kerberos gang, far away from any danger they may represent. Well, at least, that’s what I thought. If I knew at that moment in time that my troubles with that guild were far from over, nothing I could’ve done would’ve calmed me down.

I continued to make my mind think freely as I silently laid on the back deck of the vehicle. A couples of unimportant thoughts came to my head, but then, suddenly, I started thinking about my childhood. Why? Who knows, maybe my near-death experience and my life being flashed before my eyes on the roof of the Department Store had something to do with it. Now, I know what you’re thinking: “You already told us about your childhood! Remember? ‘I don’t know why, but I feel like I should start from the very beginning.’?” Well, actually, I just gave you a quick résumé about it. Since, at that point in the story, I started thinking about my past, and this time with more images coming back thanks to that flashback I had while falling down from 7 floors, I thought it would be rather interesting to give you more details about it.

The first thought was about my mom. One of the flashback was a shot of me, a new born baby, looking at my dying mother as she holds me in her hands. I remember her picking me up after she gave birth to me. She was weak, she was dying, but she was also smiling. She held me tight in her arms until she gave her last breath. I had no idea what was going on at that time, but I knew one thing; the person holding me was my mother. Isn’t it weird, really, how, even when you’re just born and you know absolutely nothing about the outside world, you always know who your mother is?

I started thinking about that Sneasel. It took me in when I was nothing but a little shrimp. It could’ve simply left me alone, to probably get eaten by some predator, but it didn’t. Maybe he thought that was a way to make sure my mother would rest in peace; to make sure she didn’t die in vain, to make sure the boy she died to give life to wouldn’t be alone and scared at the age of 1. Instead of hating my guts for causing the death of his friend, he took me in, and taught me the basics of life. Then, suddenly, when I was 7 years old and I was learning to fight a little, he left one morning, saying he’d have some fresh berries and maybe a bit of fish for lunch later on. I remember patiently waiting that entire day for him to come back. The night came, and I told myself, in that naive tone of an innocent child, that maybe he simply got a bit lost, and that he was sure to be back the next day. I ate a few berries that were around the small den, and I drank some water from the small creek. Those were basically my only food source for a while. I kept looking out every night, waiting for the familiar shape of the Sneasel to come towards me. When he didn’t show up, I told myself that he would the next day. And the next. And the next. In fact, I told myself that for nearly a year until I finally concluded he was never coming back. I cried a bit about it. I still have no idea what happened to my tutor on that day. One would think that I’d be mad at him for abandoning me at the age of seven. But I’m not. On the contrary, if I would ever meet him again, I’d ask why he left, and then, I’d thank him for taking care of me for 7 years.

I lived in the den for about seven to eight years after the Sneasel left for good. I started making friends and started learning about many things, for example, the best ways to store food for the winter. At around the age 15, I started learning about how some trainers travel the world to try to become champions with their Pokemon. I thought about the world a lot because of that. I told myself “There has to be more than this area to explore.” So one day, I got up, said goodbye to my friends, and left the area on foot. I explored a whole bunch of ground before reaching Goldenrod for the first time, getting into many fights and weird stories, but I’ll skip them, since my story isn’t about those moments.

A pothole in the road made the van jump slightly, making me open my eyes and get out of memory lane. I noticed my bag of food started slipping off of the deck. I reached to grab it, but suddenly lost my balance. I fell rather strongly onto the concrete street, my bag in my hands. I got up quickly and started chasing the truck, but it was no use; it was gone. I grudged and reached into my bag to grab a bit of food. A nice, if not slightly bruised, apple, which I bit into as I looked at Goldenrod for the last time. It wasn’t too far off, maybe a good dozen kilometers, but it was still surprising to see this huge metropolis for the last time of my life. I got rather used to living there, and in fact, I even liked it. But I couldn’t stay, I knew that. It was still weird to see the city like that, all the way down there while I was all the way up here, with forests on both sides of the street. I don’t know how long I just stayed there, looking at Goldenrod like that. Could’ve been five minutes as much as half an hour. When I finally snapped out of it, I started thinking at what I should do next. I could walk back to Goldenrod, but that would be suicide, and dying would be counter-productive for my story. I looked at the forest. I figured that I could never be followed if I went in there, but I also figured that it would be a great place for predators to hide, waiting for some foolish Charmander to wander off between the dark trees. Only one option left for me. I started walking down the street, away from town, still lost in my memories.

Messernacht

Messernacht

(Ah HA! FINALLY!)

Further down, a section of ocean briefly flickered as the DamerCorp helicopter decloaked again. Salaco looked out the window, scanning the water below. “Where are they?
“They’re about to surface sir,” the pilot replied. “Stand by for transfer.” As he said it, the water beneath the chopper began to bubble. Then, the axe-like black sail of the Executioner rose out of the maelstrom. Salaco smiled. Suddenly, the pilot shouted. “Sir! The Executioner’s detected incoming!” The helicopter spun away as the four F-22s from McGuire AFB arrived on the scene.

Falcon Lead stared out of his cockpit in awe at the submarine below him. “Sir, we’ve found the Executioner,” he radioed back to base. “There’s a helicopter on-scene too. Confirm order to destroy the sub.”
“Order confirmed,” came the response. “Destroy it.”
“Roger that.” Falcon Lead switched frequencies. “Alright men. Two, you make your run first. Three, Four, you hold back. I’ll observe.”
“Two...Three...Four,” the acknowledgements came back. Falcon Lead swung around in a wide arc. Several kilometres away, Falcon Two lobbed his twin JDAMs towards the target. Falcon Lead continued to orbit as the bombs closed in.

Then, the Executioner responded.

A hatch in the deck slid open and a burst of flame catapulted a surface-to-air missile skyward. Arcing over, the missile tore through the sky towards Falcon Lead. The F-22 deployed countermeasures and banked sharply, but the missile ignored them and closed it, detonating and swatting the fighter from the sky. The JDAMs continued to bore in, until two more missiles detonated against them, igniting the bombs in mid-air. The shockwave tore at Falcon Three, snapping one tail-fin clean off at the root and sending the aircraft spiralling into the sea. Falcon Four went for the deck and accelerated in, hoping to close the range. But the Executioner was giving nothing away, and a bridge-mounted CIWS system engaged, shredding the incoming fighter. The only one left, Falcon Two turned to evade, screaming past Salaco’s chopper and fleeing towards the nearby shore before a final missile slammed it into the beach in a fiery mass.

Salaco nodded with approval as the four fighters were destroyed. “Not bad.” He turned to the pilot. “Take us in.” The Merlin helicopter began its approach towards the waiting submarine. Then, with a loud scream, the helicopters Threat Warning System engaged. The pilot responded instantly, hauling the chopper towards shore. “What now?” Salaco shouted.”
“We’re locked up! Someone’s shooting at us!” The pilot and Salaco shuddered as a loud detonation and jolt of electricity shot through them, coupled with the complete electrical failure of the chopper. The pilot swore as he initiated the procedures for autorotation. “The hell just hit us?!”
Salaco looked out through the side window, and followed the smoke-trail the missile had trailed behind it down towards the beach. “I think we’ll have to ask him,” he said, pointing down to a figure on the beach, watching as the helicopter fell towards him.

On board the Executioner, the captain watched as the helicopter spiralled away towards the beach. “Dispatch a boat to pick up the crew,” he barked. “We need to get away from this datum as soon as we can.”
As the crew scrambled to deploy the Zodiac, the sonar operator pulled his earphones closer. “Captain, there’s something out there.”
Second later, the captain plugged in his own earphones and listened in to the garbled sound. “Whereaway?”
“It’s coming from out to sea,” the sonar operator said. “And it’s closing.”
The captain raised an eyebrow, then listened closer. “Is that...singing?”

Two miles further out to sea, the water suddenly erupted in a flurry of bubbles. From the turmoil, a sharp bow catapulted itself from beneath the waves, the vessel soaring upwards before slamming back down with a splash. In all its sharpened, armoured glory, the Messernacht tore across the waves towards the stationary Executioner. From a forward array of speakers, loud rock music blasted across the waves. On the bridge of the warship, Jordan strode forward to the windows, looking out at the helicopter descending towards the beach, and the submarine between them. “Right, Tactical Officer, ready the blades. We need to...” Abruptly, the rock music turned to static, then snapped out. A few digital bleeps were heard, then a new song began playing out of the forward array. We Wern’t Born To Follow by Bon Jovi. Jordan turned and glared at one of his officers, who raised his hands. “It’s not me, sir.”
“Which means it’s...” Jordan moved his radio mike in front of his mouth and bellowed into it, “Dee-Dee!”
A digitised laugh rolled through all headsets. “This song’s better, Major. Deal with it.”
Jordan turned towards the windows again, grumbling. The Tacco looked over at him. “Sir, do you want me to try and change the music.”
“Just deploy the damn blades, lieutenant,” Jordan growled. “We’ll get Dee-Dee back later.”
With a hydraulic whine, the blades mounted on the waist of the Messernacht deployed as the destroyer charged towards the waiting Executioner.

Messernacht

Messernacht

On the beach, the Merlin helicopter slammed into the ground in a barely-controlled landing. The pilot was thrown forward, crashing into the console before him and knocking himself out. Salaco got to his feet and opened an emergency hatch, leapt to the sandy ground. Straightening, he looked up at the approaching figure ambling towards him, still holding the portable missile launcher. “You are proving to be a major irritation,” he stated levelly to the figure.
“Yeah, well, you kinda deserve it,” Ramius said, putting down the launcher and ticking off the charges on his fingers. “You plotted the destruction of the UN, you tried to gas several million people, tried to fire a laser into downtown New York, shot down Air Force One and assassinated the president of the United States, and you also shot me. But that’s not the reason I’m here.”
Salaco rolled his eyes. “Oh please, please don’t tell me you’re mainly here because I took your fiancée hostage and threatened to hurt her.”
Ramius grinned, nodded. “Bingo.”
Salaco sighed in exasperation. “Fine.” He took off his coat and holstered Glock and, neatly folding it, placed it on the sand. Suddenly, in a blur of motion, he turned and threw something at Ramius. Ramius ducked as the throwing knife shot past, and turned as Salaco sprinted across the gap and launched his first punch.

Out to sea, the Messernacht continued to tear across the waves towards the waiting Executioner. Two torpedoes suddenly streaked away from the submarine. But the naval mortar on the bow of the Messernacht barked, sending a shell into the water in front of the torpedoes that blew them out of the water. Then, as the distance began to close even further, the Executioner initiated its trump-card. With a roar of venting air, the submarine began to power forward into the waves and submerge.

But Jordan had been expecting that.

With a blare from the ship-horns, the Messernacht suddenly began to sit lower in the water. Then, the entire vessel abruptly pitched over and dove into the water, submerging and continuing its headlong charge beneath the surface.

On the beach, Ramius and Salaco traded punches with fury and vigour. Salaco ducked and launched into a powerful right uppercut, but Ramius parried with his left hand, slapping the punch away, and pivoted into a right hook into Salaco’s jaw. The man in black stepped back, before swinging a kick in towards Ramius’ knee. Ramius leapt over the incoming leg. “Really?”
“Whatever works,” Salaco snarled as an explosion echoed from out to sea. Both combatants turned at the sound. “Sounds like a bit of a fight out there.”
“Yeah, well, it’s Jordan,” Ramius said. “Always gotta make it interesting.”

Out to see and fifty metres below the surface, the Messernacht powered through the water as two torpedoes screamed towards it. From the stern, two decoys shot out, spewing bubbles into the water. The torpedoes cannoned into the decoys and detonated. Jordan nodded with approval. “Right, where’s that damn sub?”
“Three thousand yards to the south-west,” the Tacco responded. “We’ve got a solid track and our torps are closing in...hot damn!”
Jordan glared. “Do I really want to know?”
“The Executioner just accelerated massively. 46 knots. She’s going to outrun our torpedoes.”
Jordan huffed. “Damn nuclear subs. Too many horses.” He looked over at the weapons loadout. “Have we got anything that can keep up?”
“Not really. A Gaseado can’t reach from here and...”
The sonar operator yelled and slammed his headset down, a second before a shockwave slammed into the Messernacht, sending it sideways. The deck crew stumbled as lights flickered, then went out. “Damage report!” Jordan roared.
“EMP mine!” the Tacco yelled back. “We’ve lost power completely!
Jordan strode across the deck and reached for a set of levers set into the overhead. Pulling down on the switches, the roar of air blasting from the ballast tanks echoed. “Get power back, NOW!”

On the beach, the fight continued. Suddenly, Salaco ducked under one punch and crash-tackled Ramius, sending both fighters sprawling onto the sand. Ramius tried to roll clear, but Salaco was faster, sending a kick square into his jaw. Daze, Ramius tried to get to his feet as Salaco strode over to his coat, withdrew a garrotte and wrapped it around Ramius neck. Hauling Ramius to his feet, the two watched as the Messernacht erupted to the surface, followed seconds later by the Executioner three kilometres away. “Well, seems things aren’t going well,” Salaco growled.
Suddenly, a voice spoke up behind them. “Sir, the helicopter is ready to go, the Messernacht is disabled and the Executioner is ready to fire,” the helicopter pilot said.
“Very good. Do it,” Salaco smiled as he increased the tension on the garrotte as Ramius struggled to free himself. He turned Ramius out to sea as the helicopter behind the two began to start up, its blades spinning faster. “I’ll let you watch this before I destroy you once and for all.”
Ramius snorted as he continued to struggle. “You’ve got no faith in my friends at all.”
“Oh, I have faith. But I keep realising that you just don’t have a chance.” Salaco tightened his grip. “Time to die, Mr Manor.”
Ramius watched as the Messernacht sat in the waves, unable to move to avoid the approaching doom.

“Ten seconds!” the sonar man yelled.
Jordan nodded slowly. “Very well.” He turned to his crew. “Ladies and gentlemen, it’s been a pleasure.” Then he turned back towards the bow, looking beyond to where the Executioner sat, three kilometres away.
“Impact in three...two...”

someguy3657

someguy3657

Trainers don’t know how easy they have it. Sure, they travel from one city to another, usually on foot like me, but they don’t have to; they can hitchhike and use their bicycles whenever they want to. Me? A Pokemon hitchhiking is a ridiculous idea, I don’t own a bike and, since I’m smaller than a human, I take about 3 steps for the same distance a trainer would go if he took only one. Also, if a trainer comes face to face with a dangerous, wild Pokemon, they have their own Pokemon to defend themselves. For guys like me, it’s only a matter of how fast we can sprint.

I kept walking down the road. In fact, I walked for about three days. Yeah, three days, for a trip that would, on bike, probably take 3 hours if you’re fast. Every evening, I would climb up some tree and sleep on a branch. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing ever, but it was good for a decent sleep. It was cold out during the night, but thankfully, being a fire Pokemon has it’s advantages, so I was able to snooze without shivering. I don’t think I passed one night without dreaming about the Kerberos Gang. The dreams were rather gory as well, and it was a bit hard to fall back asleep after waking up in shock from a dream where you spilled more blood than your body has. Sometimes, it could take me up to an hour before I dozed off again. As soon as the sun would rise, I’d climb down my tree, eat a small breakfast, and walk some more. I have no idea Ecruteak City, which is north from Goldenrod, was so far away.

I ate the food that was in my bag when I was hungry, but I was running out of supplies; I only packed some snacks, enough for me to board the train, arrive in Saffron City and find a decent place to stay without getting hungry. But since I had a chance of plans, my lunches usually consisted on a small bite or two in a chocolate bar and a sip of water. Combine that with my rough sleep, and you can tell I wasn’t feeling so swell. I had to take breaks every now and then, just so I wouldn’t collapse in fatigue. But I had Ecruteak City in mind, and I intended to reach it.

“Intended” is the word here.

Three weeks after the alley brawl, I was on day three of my trek. We were in the middle of March, and the snow was melting around me as I kept walking. I left my mind wander off like I usually did. I was just about to think about what would’ve happened if I had boarded the train when I noticed a road sign, saying:

Ecruteak City – 10 KM

I smiled and cheered loudly. I was almost there! Just another 10 KM, and then I’d be able to have a decent meal and a nice comfy place to sleep. I barely finished that thought when I heard the roar of a car coming up behind me. I didn’t care for it; lots of cars passed on this road already, and besides, we were close to the city, so no big surprise there. Still, I was curious, since I saw an Aston Martin pass on day two, and who knows, maybe the car that’s coming is rare as well. I turned and saw that it was simply a grey SUV. No biggie. I’ve seen hundreds of grey SUVs befo-

Oh no. Oh God no.

The car slowly came to a stop a few feet away from me. Half of me wanted to stand my ground and see what would happen while the other half was sending distress signals to my brain, begging me to run while screaming like a madman. My feet felt like jelly as the doors to the car opened up.

Take a wild guess as to who came out.

“Chuck! We finally found you!” said Sarah while a malevolent grin spread on her face. Along with her were the nine other goons that surrounded me 3 days ago, all looking rather happy to see me again.

I took a few steps back as they came closer. A very quick debate was going on in my head between me and my conscience.

Crap. Crap. What should I do?

Well, it’s obvious, ain’t it, Chuck? Leg it!

Yes, but where?

Down the street. You’ll get help in the city.

I can’t run down the street. They’ll catch up to me with the car. Besides , the city’s 10 kilometers away!

The forest, then.

But there might be predators in it!

The predators are in front of you, Chuck.

The forest was my only way out of this mess, and I knew it. Even though I hated the idea of going in there, it was either that or getting killed. Only thing is, if I started running towards the woods, I knew that they could stop me from reaching the first trees. I needed a diversion. I quickly glanced into my bag. Half of a chocolate bar was the only thing left. I looked at the Kerberos gang and mentally prepared myself. I grabbed the chocolate bar and threw it over their heads. Every single member turned, wondering what I just did. While they were distracted, I dropped my bag and fled between the trees.

someguy3657

someguy3657

(contains swears and you might get some rather graphic images in your head)

I ran on the uneven ground, my heart racing faster than my mind, while jumping over tree logs and avoiding some prickly shrubs. I heard the others struggling to catch up with me as I ran. I looked back happily as I was running. They were getting outta sight. I was losing them.

For some reason, fate decided to screw me over at that moment. My leg got caught in a tree root that was sticking out of the ground. I tripped and landed harshly on the ground. A pain shot over my ankle. I got back up, and tried to run, but the pain got worse. I sprained it. I sprained my fucking ankle at the worst possible moment. I tried running with a limp, and I didn’t get too far, when I heard something that seemed to run a bit faster than the others. Before I even had time to see what that thing was, it jumped on my back and made me fall. The thing was pinning me down, my face in the dirt. I managed to look at who was on my back and saw that it was the Mightyena, using his entire weight to pin me down. He bent his face next to my ear, breathing hot air down my neck, as he told me:

“Kid, you’re lucky that I have my orders, ‘cause I’m very hungry at the moment, and if it wasn’t for the fact that Sarah wanted to kill you personally, I’d bite into you right this second. But she said I’d be able to get a bite or two after she’s done with you.” He added, with a small chuckle.

I struggled, trying to break loose, but he was heavy, and the more I struggled, the more he sank his claws into my skin. I heard the others come after a small while. I heard Sarah exclaim:

“You got him! Well done, Loban! You, and you, hold him up.”

Loban got off of me, and for a small second, I thought about getting up and running again, but I was grabbed by Float and the Aipom before I could move the slightest. Besides, I still had that sprained ankle, so the only good that would’ve done is make me look pathetic. I was dragged to my feet and held by both of them while I was face to face with Sarah. The others were behind her, simply watching impatiently to see what will happen next, as if this was nothing but a scene in some movie. I even saw Derek the Munchlax eating the chocolate bar I threw while waiting. I focused my attention on the Zangoose, though. She still had that strange smell with her, you know, the one that smells like a mixture of wet fur and the smell you get in hospitals. I managed to keep a straight and even slightly angry face, but the truth was, I was terrified. I just didn’t want to show it. Sarah took a step towards me, smiled, and asked:

“Did you really think you could run away from me?”

She then delivered a powerful punch straight into my stomach. It knocked the wind right outta me, and if my hands were free, they would’ve wrapped up on my stomach at this moment. I barely got my head back up to look at her when she punched me across the face. At this point, I was furious. Not only did they chase me out of Goldenrod, where I lived, but now, they even chased me down outside of Goldenrod, just to murder and humiliate me. I looked angrily towards Sarah after getting the second punch. I wanted to fight her, maybe even kill her. But for now, I felt like insulting her. Since I was going to croak anyways, I figured I could let my thoughts about her out a bit. I looked at her, and it was my turn to smile, much to her surprise. I told her, with a bit of a laugh in my voice:

“Well, to answer your question, you fat bitch, yes, I did think I could run away from your slow ass. I had to, anyways, since you’re fucking insane. I mean, chasing me down for almost three weeks with your pack of stupid assholes who can’t do anything right, simply because I saved a small Pikachu from getting beaten up? That’s almost sad. Oh, and I also want to tell you something: you smell like shit.”

My smile widened as everyone else’s faded quickly. Sarah punched me in the face again, this time with more force. My insults made her rather angry. Good. For some reason, I wanted her to get mad at me. She answered, in a tone that was trying to stay calm:

“Wow, you really are an idiot. Here you are, caught, with no way out, and you start insulting me? If you were the slightest bit smart, you’d be begging me not to kill you. And I suppose I should explain why the hell me and my gang are chasing a waste of air like yourself so vividly. I doubt you would understand, seeing as how you’re nothing but a stupid prick who think he’s tough stuff.”

“Try me.” I replied. She punched me again in the stomach before talking. I coughed a bit at my lack of breath.

“See, here’s what happened. Before we met you, we were the most respected peoples in Goldenrod. No one dared to ever question what we did, and everyone knew what would happen if they did. My gang members simply had to say my name to make even the strongest fighters scared. We could do what we wanted, when we wanted and how we wanted it, and that’s how I liked it. Heck, weaker Pokemons came to us for protection instead of the Police, ‘cause we were that fierce. But then, you came along. That Pikachu that you saved? He owed us money for nearly two months. He was screwing with us, and I hate that. You decided to stick your ugly little nose into other people’s business and rescue a Pikachu that had to be punished. Now, imagine my surprise when Mike and Clash here came back to me and reported that you attacked them. If it would’ve stayed like that, you would’ve been beaten to a bloody pulp and that would’ve been all. But no. What happened in that alley got known by everyone, and our respect dropped massively. Peoples started questioning if we were really as strong as we sounded. They thought ‘Well, if a small Charmander can beat two of the members and get away with it, why should I worry? I’m stronger than a Charmander, so I shouldn’t be scared of the gang.’ Peoples started talking back to us and even started fighting some of the members. Back when my name striked fear, it now striked laughter. We had to prove once and for all that idiots like you get harshly punished for defying us, so that’s why we tried to kill you for nearly three weeks. It would’ve been done faster if some peoples, like you said, weren’t stupid assholes who can’t do anything right.” She turned her head angrily towards Stretch and the Azumarill as she finished her sentence.

“That’s a shame.” I replied.

“Glad you agree. Now then, back to the matter of what we’ll do to you.” She get a bit closer to me as she continued “Here’s what I was thinking. I’m going to cut you from here,” one of her sharp claws touched the area right under my neck, “to here,” the same claw touched right under my stomach “and let good ol’ gravity do the rest. Then, I’m going to let Loban feed himself a bit, since that’s what I promised.” I looked at the Mightyena, and he looked back with hungry eyes and a terrific grin. She continued “Once he had enough, we’re going to drag your body through the forest and back to the car. We’ll drive back to Goldenrod, and, during the night, we’ll tie a rope to one of your legs and attach you in the middle of Town Square, so you can just hang there until morning comes and everyone, including the news, will see what happens when you mess with us. How does that sound?”

“Well, it concludes that I was right; you’re fucking insane..”

The gang laughed, as if it was a joke. Even Sarah had a small grin. She said:

“Now then, gentlemen, let’s do this quickly and get it over with. This will be a bit messy.” She added as her claw touched the underside of my neck.

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

EDIT -- Version 2

The sky was a torrid slate, a torment in full fury, and the ground cried as each swollen raindrop fell like a blow upon its surface. JT the Ninja looked up, wiping the blinding precipitation from his eyes, so that he might see his opponent more clearly.

The looming figure seemed to rise as it walked toward him, a grim and menacing creature. It stank of death, the smell persisting even through the rain, and about its feet an opaque black fog hung, disturbed only by the creature's motion, for no wind would perturb it. Three glistening golden eyes burned from its forehead, and two wicked, curved horns erupted from its skull, curling backwards from its brow. Of its form besides little could be discerned, both due to the darkness of the storm and its charcoal flesh, which seemed to draw in what little light was around it into a gaping chasm in the shape of a hideous giant. "You shall not escape with your life this day," it shrieked at him, its voice otherworldly and terrible.

Adamant resolve coursing through his veins, the fearless ninja strengthened his stance and clenched his fists. Steam began to rise from his hands as the falling raindrops began to feel the heat of his growing ninja rage. "It is you who shall not escape today, demon," JT called out, his voice clear and cutting. A coursing bolt of lightning punctuated his reply. He unsheathed his ninja sword, the steel emanating a bright blue aura, and pointed it at his foe. "I have slain greater foes than you, spawn of evil," he declared. "You will be no different."

The demon laughed, and were his audience any other it would have caused chills of terror by it sound. "You are but one ninja," it sneered, baring its yellowed fangs and extending its cruel claws. "This fight shall be over far too quickly for me to enjoy."

No more words needed to be said. The two adversaries threw themselves into battle, steel clashing against demonclaw, their blows louder than the crashing thunder. At each pass, JT's blade turned aside his enemy's attack, but neither did his strikes find their target. As the battle waged on, however, the strength of both began to fail. The ninja's blade sliced deep into the monster's side as he passed under a heavy swipe, but the demon's claws dug into his back as he passed beneath them. As JT rolled to safety, the demon looked down at the shreds of bloodstained cloth now caught in his talons and smiled, letting the inky blood run freely from his wound.

The combatants stood apart for a moment, both now injured. JT dropped to one knee, wiping the rain from his ninja spectacles and holding his sword out in front of him in a defensive posture. It was all the encouragement the demon needed. His fell laughter cut through the night air. "It is no use, ninja," he spat. "I have slain more of your kind than I can remember." He had no warning that they would be his last words.

It was over almost as the demon finished his statement. Another blinding flash of lightning scarred the heavens, and in the next instant, the demon fell to the ground in quarters, the ninja blade having cut through its midsection from the front and cleaved it from bottom to top as its bearer turned to face it once more. Not even a death cry escaped from the demon as its essence evaporated into the night, its body disintegrating rapidly as the evil spirit was banished once again to the netherplane.

"As have I," JT whispered, standing over the vanishing corpse, the evil blood he had drawn burning along the length of his blade. The winds grew calm, and the night returned to tranquility. JT turned his gaze starward and leaped into the air, the night winds carrying him away, back to the hidden village that had lived so long in terror of the evil he had now vanquished.

[]

Last edited by JT_the_Ninja on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updating)

http://www.jttheninja.com

Messernacht

Messernacht

A grey thunderbolt screamed out of the sky and exploded, right in front of the Messernacht. The bridge crew flinched as an electrical jolt shot through the ship. Three seconds later, a huge black shape scorched overhead. The bridge crew erupted in cheers as the Dradelus bomber pulled up, clawing for altitude. Jordan sighed as the bomber reached a thousand feet in a matter of seconds, chased by missile and CIWS-fire from the Executioner. “I’m never going to hear the end of this.” The bomber flipped onto its back, ignoring the incoming rounds completely, before plunging into the ocean, halfway between the two vessels. There was an abrupt silence. Then, fifteen seconds later, the ocean ten metres to port of the Executioner spawned a second sun as the Dradelus climbed again, bomb-bay doors swinging closed, orbital boosters engaged. A second past, then another, then the Executioner imploded. A massive heat-pulse screamed outward from the blast as the centre of the submarine crunched inwards into the singularity. Then, the sea was silent again, save the metallic rain of titanium droplets falling from the sky. Jordan nodded with approval. “Hawking. Sweet...”

On the beach, Salaco watched in horror as the Executioner was obliterated. Ramius suddenly muttered something. “Remember Cuba?”
“What?”
“Cuba...cliffs...Lisa...” Ramius grunted as the last of his air began to go.
Salaco grinned. “You promised you would kill me yourself.”
Ramius nodded weakly. “I’m a man of my word.” With that, he swung back both arms and smashed both elbows into Salaco’s temple. Salaco went cross-eyed and his grip on the garrotte weakened slightly. Weakened enough. Ramius reached up, grabbed the cable and pulled it clear, ducking out from the fatal loop. Salaco shook his head to clear it, as Ramius stood before him watching. Salaco looked down, and saw his coat at his feet. “I’m starting to think we picked the wrong company to frame, Mr Manor,” he said. “Dradle Industries is proving more competent than we anticipated.”
“No Salaco, you didn’t just pick the wrong company,” Ramius responded. “You picked the wrong girl too.”
“Ah yes...” Salaco nodded. “Pity that.” Then, in a blur of motion, Salaco dropped and rolled towards his coat. Withdrawing the Glock from within, he rolled to his feet as Ramius charged towards him. Salaco took aim as Ramius got to within three metres and fired. The bullet tore through the underside of Ramius’s shoulder as Ramius leapt up and planted a solid flying kick square into Salaco’s chest, sending the man stumbling backwards. Salaco spun as he stumbled, and suddenly came face-to-face with the object of his demise; the rapidly spinning tail-rotor of his helicopter. He opened his mouth to yell, but simply didn’t have the time.

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Prologue of a thing I wrote in September.
Next few sections will be up when I stop derping around and get them done.

someguy3657

someguy3657

I'm still working on my fic, but I decided not to post the parts on here anymore, mainly because the next chapters ain't really family friendly. I'm posting the parts on fanfiction.net instead.

<< I'm trying to pick up from where I left off. Sorry it has been such a while since the last one :C But as a very basic idea of where the story currently lies; The camp in which the Civilian Pokémon rested was given the go-ahead to go back into Treasure Town, after the group cleared it of the Opposing Force...
Without further ado...>>

The four climbed up onto Charizard's back, which he had courteously laid-down for them to jump on. Whilst Pikachu, Squirtle and Charmander had fixed themselves on his back, Esbby took up a Position 'Shotgun' - That is to say, on his neck, by his shoulders.
Charizard smiled at him.
"Ready?" He said, priming his wings for flight.
"Yep!" Charmander said, to confirm everyone's readiness.
"Got it. Let's go." Charizard said, flapping his great wings. They were loud as they made slow swipes through the air, but soon enough, they were off the ground. Jostling for the first few seconds, Charizard found that the air was resisting less against him, and so he was able to make more fluid motions.
There was a general sigh of relief as he levelled just above the treeline, and managed to streamline to reach a comfortable speed.
Esbby looked back to see the other three were already engaged in conversation, laughing and exchanging pleasantries. He looked back to Charizard's formidable head, which was concentrating on the way ahead towards town.
He decided to shift himself up by his head, and Charizard took notice of him.
"Hey, what's up?" He asked politely.
"Nothing much, thanks. I was just going to ask; Where were you last night?" Esbby inquired.
"Ah, I was just resting in that enclosure you found me in. Quite comfortable, if you ask me." He chuckled. "I couldn't really fit anywhere else close enough to you guys without flattening you."
The two shared laughs, and smiled at each other

^^ From the last pause.

Esbby laughed and smiled at Charizard, who began a descent to the Turnpike between the Guild to the North, Treasure Town in the West, the forest from which they had just come - at the East, and the Beach - due South.
The conversation which was going on between the other three was cut short, as they had to grab onto one of Charizard's huge limbs, and stay put as Charizard made a surprisingly quick dive to the ground.
"Woah! Easy up, buddy!" Squirtle said, holding onto the top of his head, as if he was wearing some form of loose hat.
"Heh. Sorry Aquaman." Charizard replied with a grin. "It's just practice in case we get into anything worse. Paying attention?" he added.
"Certainly." Charmander replied, looking rather befuddled.
Charizard leveled himself out and flapped his wings until his great feet gently made contact with the ground.
Squirtle jumped off and proclaimed his happiness for being on land, at which Charizard growled in a manner of playful annoyance.
"What? Not controlled enough for you, precious?" he laughed.
"Never will be!" Squirtle replied with an equally amused chuckle.
Pikachu & Charmander jumped off and joined Squirtle. Esbby patted Charizard's neck.
"Thanks." He said, smiling, before jumping off and joining the rest of the group. Charizard winked at him, and announced to the whole group that he would go and rest at the Rocky Bluff just by the beach, should they need him at any time.
Squirtle saluted him off, and he flew, the wind he made by his wings almost knocking the four over.
"So." Charmander started. "If we head to the guild, we will most likely meet up with Wigglytuff and co. there. Agreed?"
"Agreed." Pikachu said, nodding.
"Of course." Esbby confirmed.
"Good!" He said. "Squirtle, lead the way!"
Squirtle turned round.
"Huh? Oh right! Yes!" he said, somewhat startled after Charizard's exit. But he regained himself, and the four walked in a short line, making a right at the Crossing paths from the Forest direction, towards the Guild. The path itself hadn't been damaged too badly since they had last encountered it, whilst the invading Sableye were pillaging the Guild. There was some dust and debris here and there, but nothing otherworldly.
As they came to the crest of the ascending path, they had noticed that the entrance to the guild was looking very much as it used to. Bar a few Bidoof who were making a few logistical adjustments here and there - brushing off dust etc.
Pikachu, of all, was must stunned by this.
"Wow! It's like the night that I first came here! Spick and span." He said, gleaming at the construction. "Those nasty red flags have been removed, and their graffiti is also gone."
He beamed at Esbby, who was a little shocked by his over-excitement, but was still impressed nonetheless.
"Wherever you go." Charmander started. "Bidoof are the top-class building Pokémon. They can work day-in, day-out without frustrating, only concentrating on their work and remaining courteous to their guests and clients."
"Sounds like a brainwash" Squirtle said under his breath. Charmander pretended not to notice, and turned to Pikachu and Esbby.
"Bet this feels nice, huh? Going back into a normal guild without all this confusion about these battles. Come to think of it, I sometimes wonder why we fight - We don't get great accommodation, often go without good food for some time, can't rest... Life may not be quiet." Charmander said, quizzically.
"It's the rush." Squirtle said over his shoulder. "We do it for the rush. The sense that we know we're risking everything to save something. That's what satisfies us." he said.
Charmander nodded. "That's it." he said. "You won't tell me that your adrenaline wasn't going during those battles. You may have been scared at times, but your safety goes out the window - along with any other thoughts you may have. It's all instinct. A battle of mind over matter. That's why we won against their numbers..." he informed them.
"You takin' this all in?" Squirtle asked the two.
"Loud and clear!" Pikachu said, waving his tail in anticipation. "Please, go on!" He said, smiling.
"Battle... Battle is more psychological than anything. One may have the steel, the other may have the mind. I can safely tell you that 9 times out of ten, the latter will have his way. This is because it is a constant struggle between you and your fellow being." He inhaled and rested a bit, as Pikachu was on tiptoes in eagerness to hear more of his wisdom.
"It has always been this way. The Extreme Socialists that we face - as Charizard told you - are lead by a shadowy figure, aptly named 'Dusk'. All under him are fed lies that all are equal. They all may receive the same Steel for Weapons, Bread for sustenance, and Huts in which to lodge themselves in the harsh, snowy land in which they call their home. But what they get is only lies. They have no free thought, speech, or '-dom'. Anything associated with Liberty is shunned. Dusk is over them. Dusk is 'with' them. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that Dusk is them..."
He finished there, leaving tension as he intended.

Pikachu was shocked by this backlog of information; He tried to take it all in, but just walked along with them in a silent confusion.
"Thanks you guys. You're doing a great job." Squirtle said to the Bidoof above them.
Esbby looked around and noticed that they had reached the threshold of the Guild. There was no door or gate here - they could simply walk in.
"Pleasure." The two Bidoof above them replied to Squirtle.
The ladder ahead of them would take them down to the main Guild floor. Undoubtedly where the old crew were most likely going about business as usual.

D-Munny

D-Munny

(I've had the idea of a Fallout NV story for a while, and unlike my Fallout 3 story, it isn't a bunch of things I made up as I went along.)

It's about the story behind The Courier, and his past. When you get to Primm, if you ask Johnson Nash about the package you were supposed to deliver, he said that another courier stopped by to consider the job. When he saw your name as number six on the list of candidates however, he asked if it truly was you, actually alive. When Nash confirms this, the other guy immediatley refuses the job saying "No,let Courier Six carry the package." I'm going to expand on that, using some fan theories as well as some of my own to tell about their history together.

Takes place after the game ends. Good Karma, NCR ending. The only companions in this story are Arcade, Veronica, Cass, Boone, and ED-E)

TWO YEARS BEFORE.

"No, let Courier Six carry the package." He said, grabbing his bag and stepping out the door. Nash looked up confused. "What? Why?" He asked, confused as to why this man would give up a simple delivery job that had a handsome reward. The man slid his bag to the end of the counter before putting it on, and starting to walk out.
"At least give me the courtesy of an answer!" Nash said, agictated at being ignored.
The man turned, and, through the dark lighting Nash could barely make out some lanky greyish hair, and a similarily colored goatee. The man had largely kept his face out of sight, which was something else Nash found a little odd.
"He'll get what's coming to him."
Despite the sinister choice of words, Nash couldn't tell from the tone of the man's voice if he meant what he said auspiciously or threateningly. Before he could get another word in though, the man turned back and left the house, keeping a brisk pace.
As he stepped out the door, Nash saw colors on his back. It was hard to make out, but from what he coudl tell, there was red and white, with a few stars on a blue background.

A few weeks later, as he took cover behind a headstone in the cemetary, and was watching The Courier kneel, looking down the barrel of a gun, the man smiled. This certainly wasn't how he imagined him going down, but it was still quite satistfying to see the closure he had been waiting so very long for. The gunshot that rang out was a sound he would never forget, and the sight of The Courier slumping over was something he would replay over and over in his mind for a very long time.
Creeping away from the cemetary, the man chuckled at the thought of getting caught and added to the freshly dug grave with The Courier.
"Way too ironic for me." He remarked under his breath, as he headed back towards New Vegas, the lights guiding him through the night.

CURRENT

The floating robot whirred with each movement it made. It made its way through The LA Boneyard, ignoring all of those staring at it in confusion, never stopping unless it had to defend itself against the many dangers of The Wasteland. Finally, it found the location it had travelled all the way to California for. A small, one story building, with a flag bearing the symbol of the Followers of the Apacolypse just above the entrance. The robot knocked itself against the door, and continued inside as soon as it was opened, much to the confusion of the Follower who had let it inside. Through the old hallways, it knew it was close, and, after it entered a small room where a blonde man in glasses read an old intact book, it finally stopped.
The man looked up, and could scarecly believe his eyes. "ED-E? How did you get all the way out here?" He questioned, before he realized that the robot had no way of communicating for itself. It simply floated in the doorway, waiting. "Oh great. Now I need the right codephrase." the man stopped, and thought up the possible trigger phrases ED-E could be looking for.
"Uhh...I am Arcade Gannon. You are ED-E, we know The Courier..." He was cut off by the robot beeping and clicking, as if it was confirming that he had said enough.
"Alright! Hey Arcade! How're you doing? I know this is just a recording and all, but I feel it's still nice to be courteous." A voice came from the robot, and Arcade instantly recognized it as one of the voices he never expected to hear again. Nevertheless, he kept quiet, and heard the message out.
"Sorry. I'll keep this short. Look, I'm gonna need you to come back to the Mojave. I'm so sorry it's on rather short notice, but believe me, you'll want to hear this story, and I feel you have a right to know what's going to happen next. If you really can't, just program a message saying so into ED-E, you're a smart guy, you'll figure out how. Otherwise, follow him. He'll stop when you want to, but just remember, you won't be able to control where he goes, I made sure of that when I set it up so that he'd find you. Good luck, and I'll give you the full story when we meet in person."
With that, the robot went quiet for a minute, and Arcade presumed that it was to give him some time to process the information. He sat there, dumbfounded. Just a year ago, he had parted ways with The Courier. Their travels together were amazing, and changed his life forever, but when they split, Arcade was sure heading all the way to California would be the last they ever directly heard from one another. And yet, here he was, with ED-e, who seemed to follow The Courier everywhere right in front of him, carrying a message to reuinite and take part in something new.
As ED-E turned and began to make its way out of the Follower's outpost, Arcade found himself getting up and following the robot, remembering to call out "Hey Beth! I'm gonna be out for...I don't know how long!"

D-Munny

D-Munny

As Arcade and ED-E made their way across the Core Region towards the Mojave, the scientist couldn't help but run through all the possibilities of why The Courier was calling him back. Did he have a termiinal illness and just wanted to say goodbye in person? Did it have something to do with the Enclave Remnant? Did he just want to confess his love for Arcade and spend the rest of his life with him? This thought made him both chuckle and shudder. Life with The Courier would certainly be secure, but in no way stable. And Arcade couldn't help but seriously wonder if that was what he was actually being called for.*
After a few days of travel, and only a handful of minor scuffles with predators, they had reached the border into the Mojave. Now it was NCR territory, ever since the Second Battle of Hoover Dam. Arcade remembered how thankful he was that Freeside had been prepared for it, thanks to The Kings and a few NCR rangers sent to protect the area, so Old Mormon Fort was able to keep up with the amount of injured.
ED-E stopped without any prompting from Arcade when they hit an NCR outpost not far from the border. Another recording started playing.
"Alright, so Arcade, you should be at the outpost now. Ask around there for a young, pretty woman who's fond of whiskey. They should know who you're talking about." ED-E went silent once more, leaving Arcade to follow instructions.
"Hey, um, has anyone here seen a young woman who apparently loves whiskey?" Arcade was just as confused as the soldiers must have been as soon as he asked that question just as he stepped into the barracks.
"I think I know who you mean. She doesn't come here that often anymore, and when she does, you'll find her at the bar in the building across from here." One solider who had been stationed there long enough to know who Arcade was talking about answered.
"Thanks. So how frequently does she stop by?" Arcade inquired further, hoping to be able to do this and get to the Courier as soon as he met up with the woman he was told to find.
"Well she just left a couple days ago, and I'd reckon she won't be back for about another month. You can try to follow her if you want, I think she said something about heading to Primm, and then going from there. Why were you looking for her anyway?"
Arcade chuckled as he opened the door. "No idea."

*The Courier in my game has two perks, Ladykiller and Confimred Bachelor, that classify him as being able to sweet talk women and men respectively, and Arcade is gay.

Sure enough, as the four made their way down the slightly-charred ladder, they could hear the conversing of the Guildmaster, his subordinate, Chatot, and the rest of the guild members in the first sublevel.
They made their way into the room, and chatter almost instantly died down. Silence enveloped the room, only until everybody turned round to see Bidoof clapping with a wide grin on his face. Sunflora nodded and followed suit, as did Corphish. In fact, in a few seconds, all the Guild members, plus Chatot and Wigglytuff had made a standing ovation upon their arrival, with a few cheers to boot. Squirtle started bowing to which the three behind him laughed.
"I carry the team on my back!" He said, to which Charmander slapped him playfully on the shoulder.
"In your dreams, mate." He replied.
The applause died down after thirty seconds or so, and Chatot came to greet them cordially.
"Ah yes; The Heroes of the day." He said with a broad grin over his beak. "Truly living legends."
Charmander smiled and replied;
"That's very polite of you, Chatot, but this was quite normal. I imagine your Rookies are a little hardened after all of that?"
Pikachu and Esbby looked over at him.
"Oh ho, yes, yes!" Chatot chuckled. "Yes, they've got a long way to go yet, but it's all in the sake of keeping alive our way of life."
Esbby looked at him with an inquisitive, tilted head.
"Long way to go?" He thought. "They'd just saved this small town, inhabited by a bunch of creatures from another band of creatures who he suspected were extreme left-wing. Is that not anything here?" He became very confused. "He found it weird that all of these Pokémon were so apt at judging and debating with one another, but was their sense of accomplishment so outward that saving the livelihood of maybe a whole race was nothing but your average day?" Esbby found himself thinking deeply with a slight frown on his face.
But he was brought back down to earth when Pikachu was waving his hand in front of his face and he noticed that everyone was looking at him.
Esbby jumped up, and all started to laugh.
"Ground Control to Major Tom?" Wigglytuff said, to which the Guild members renewed their chuckling. Pikachu laughed with them, and Esbby was a bit embarrased.
"Ah, no worries." Squirtle said. "It's a bit much for you kids, huh?"
Pikachu looked at him with a smile.
"You think so, but-" He started, raising a hand. "Here's to the rush!" he finished in a triumphant manner.
"Alright!" Charmander and Squirtled said in unison.
"Yes." Esbby said, raising his paw weakly, slightly bemused.
Everybody smiled, and an air of warmth spread around the room.
"Well now, everyone." Chatot announced, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.
"As you can now see - I repeat for our late arrivals - The Guild is almost in perfect working order. We can sleep here tonight, the food stock is replenished, and the gate will be back up by tomorrow. That means for you-" He said, gesturing towards Diglett, a ground-dwelling type and Loudred, some guy with a huge mouth. "Sentry duty is back on. We need you to check out visitors and make sure proper passage to the Guild is ensured."
Loudred nodded, but Diglett, who was quite young, piped up;
"Uh, I'm sorry to be a pain, but my dad, Dugtrio, asked me to take up his job of updating info on the Job boards and Outlaw boards, so I won't be able to do it..." He finished quite quietly, seemingly unnerved by the thought of a rage-filled response. But none came.
"That's alright..." Chatot said. He looked briefly over at Esbby and Pikachu.
"Would you two be able to take care of Sentry duty? Just read the footprints and tell Loudred who it is."
Before Esbby could say anything - for this prospect of Sentry Duty bored him - Pikachu had already nodded and approved.
Esbby sighed under his breath, but kept a relatively straight face.
"Good!" Chatot said. "Well then, everything seems to be in order. We can... Dismiss!" He said, waving his wings about. Everybody gave a gesture of ascent, and the bundle of Pokémon split off into smaller groups who began chatting away.
"Well then, back to normal, huh?" Pikachu said, nudging Esbby.
Esbby nodded and smiled at Pikachu.
"Let's head back to our room. It'll be nice to get a fire on, and play some Video Games." Pikachu added.
"You're on." Esbby said with a slight smile.
Pikachu grinned.
"Let us join you!" Charmander said, running clumsily after them.
"I will own you all... In a game of Wii Tennis!" Squirtle said, following Charmander.
And so, the four made their way to Pikachu and Esbby's quarters. Quite normally enough.

The evening drew on without much hindrance. Everybody seemed as tired as if they'd had some form of Jet lag, so most of the time was spent sitting on beanbags whilst playing Wii and having the genuine appearance of 'Stoners'.
In fact, the opportune moment for Chatot to come and speak to them was when everybody had bundled on top of Squirtle, who had just lost to Pikachu in a game of Virtual Golf.
"Well, you seem to be having..." Chatot failed to finish his sentence.
By the time he started speaking, everybody had gotten off of Squirtle as if nothing had happened.
"Better." Chatot said. "Anyway. After the past few days of moving Citizens back to Treasure Town, rebuilding and inspecting the town, everybody is predictably quite tired. Chimecho (who was the Chef around the Guild) had been working all out to master the Kitchen at the Campsite, and had to feed around 80 people a night. I hope you can understand that she won't be able to do any kind of cooking tonight." He finished.
The four let out a collective sigh.
"Ah, so there's not going to be any dinner tonight?" he asked.
Chatot tilted his head slightly, then proceeded to shake it profusely.
"Oh heavens no! We're ordering Pizza!"
The four let out a collective cheer of ascent.
"Awesome, Pizza!" Squirtle cheered.
"Yes!" Pikachu said. "I will have Quattro Formaggi!"
"We've ordered everyone Margherita, seeing as the majority of Guildees are Herbivores."
The four let out a second collective sigh.
Squirtle let out a long, uncertain "No", to which Chatot left, and the group returned to their relatively unstructured evening.

someguy3657

someguy3657

You can read my fic here.

D-Munny

D-Munny

Arcade's feet ached, but he refused to stop when they were already so close. Primm wasn't that far from the outpost, and he was sure that if they tarried for too long, they'd have a harder time tailing exactly whoever the Courier wanted them to find.
Finally making it to the town, Arcade and ED-E entered the Vikki and Vance Casino, before he sat down to catch his breath. After a couple of minutes, he looked back up at his surroundings. The bright colors and slot machines were the same as when he last came here, albiet with more people along with them, thanks to increased traffic after Hoover Dam.
He was about to get up before he heard a voice beside him. "Didn't know braniacs like you could travel a lot."
Arcade jumped a bit, before looking over at who was next to him. It was a woman, red-haired, with a cowboy hat, brown jacket, pink and white shirt, slightly roughed up jeans, and boots. In her hand was a half empty bottle of whiskey.
Well this is nice. he mused, before answering. "Uhh, yeah, erm, I have done a lot of travelling." He stammered, not out of nervousness, but out of confusion, and trouble with choosing his words. "So, do you...know who The Courier is? because I travelled with him a while back, and now he wants to meet back up with me again, and he left a message telling me to find a woman who likes whiskey, and you're drinking whiskey now, so I guess what I'm asking is...are you that woman?"
The woman raised an eyebrow at "The Courier" which let Arcade know that he hadn't screwed up, and started talking.
"Yeah, I know who he is. Damn near got killed dozens of times while with him, but hey, it was still fun. He scratched my back, I scratched his...not like that of course, although I certainly know he would have liked to. Hell, he might still wnat to." She stopped, realizing she was trailing off. "Anyway, yeah, I know who he is. Why exactly is he looking for me?"
"Actually I don't know. He was looking for me too, and this robot here had a prerecored message inside tellling me to find you, and that when we finally met back up with him he'd explain everything fully."
The woman sighed, annoyed at how this inconvenienced her. "He's gotta be shitting me. Two years with no contact, and now, out of the blue he wants a get together?" She paused for a while, before finally saying, "What the hell? Probably be the most fun I've had since I last ran with him."
She got up, and examined ED-E. "Didn't even notice this one at first. Always had the robot with him, so it doesn't surprise me that this is how he got you the message."
She paused again, before chuckling. "Where are my manners? Name's Rose of Sharon Cassidy. Call me Cass." She said, before reaching to shake Arcade's hand.
"Arcade Gannon. It's a pleasure." He said, but before they could actually shake on their introductions, ED-E, upon hearing Cass give her name, started beeping suddenly, before preparing another message.
"Alright, that's two!" The Courier's voice chimed in, before clearing his throat. "Hey Cass! Been a while! Sorry for this coming on such short notice, but I need you right now...well, that didn't come out right but...you know what I mean. Arcade should be able to explain it to you if he hasn't already, but, if you really can't come, that's fine, although frankly, I would imagine you of all people would have the spare time."
"Smug bastard." Cass couldn't help but say while stifling another laugh. The message continued.
"There's another person you guys need to find. He's a First Recon sniper, so your best bet would probably be checking up in McCarran to see where they're stationed right now. Good luck!"
ED-E went silent again, and Arcade couldn't help but wonder aloud "Exactly how many people has this guy travelled with?"
"Fuck if I know, but if he's trying to get everyone he's worked back together with him, he's obviously got something big in mind.
She started walking towards the door. "You coming?"
"What else have I got to do?" Arcade answered, following close behind her, along with ED-E, in order to find the third companion.

D-Munny

D-Munny

The two travellers were growing tired as the sun set, but they pressed on, as the two day journey to Camp McCarran drew to a close. The sooner they found this First Recon sniper, the sooner they could get to The Courier and find out just why he was so intent on bringing them all together.
Stepping into the airfield, they made their way past the tents until they came across a figure Arcade recognized. Major Dhatri, a man who usually coordinated First Recon's efforts.
"Major!" Arcade called,, and the officer looked up from the dusty table he sat at to greet the incoming party. "Uhh yes? Have we met before?"
"You remember The Courier, right? He took out the bounties on the Fiend leaders a couple years back."
Dhatri perked up as soon as he realized who Arcade was speaking of. "Yes! He was a huge lifesaver! I remember you now. So what exactly did you come here for?"
Cass, never one to keep quiet in a conversation for too long, took over. "First Recon. He wants to know where they are right now."
Dhatri's glowing expression dimmed a bit at how abrupt and straightforward Cass was, but he said nothing of it, and answered. "Sent 'em out to Golf recently. they should be back soon, and-" He was interrupted by a drawn out sigh from Cass.
"We walk for two days, and we're still not done. I need a fuckin' drink."
Arcade immediatley jumped in "So do we know exactly when they'll be back or..."
Dhatri pondered it for a bit, before answering. "Give it about a day. You can stay here if you want."

After a little bit of wandering, including a trip to the Mess Hall in order to find some much needed whiskey, Arcade and Cass decided to turn in for the night, finding two open bunks in a tent. Taking off his shoes and coat, Arcade was a bit surprised to see Cass strip down to her undergarments in front of him.
"I know what you're thinking. And no. I'll tell you what I told him, I'm not one for soft men."
Arcade was prepared for something like this, and immediatley countered. "Then you don't know what I'm thinking. I'm not one for women."
Cass stopped, and stared for a bit, before musing aloud. "That, does make since, now that I've seen how you act. I just thought so because back in Primm, you seemed like a guy who'd stammer out compliments to a girl, waiting for her to shut him up with a kiss, or a fuck, or whatever."
Arcade chuckled, remembering past adventures. "Did you ever find out his preference?"
"A heartbreaker is what I saw. He was constantly smooth talking is way through women... and men now that I think about it."
"The epitomy of easy-going. Nothing seemed to bother him. Well, maybe I shouldn't say that."
"Why? He's a nice guy, if a bit of a smartass. Never saw much more in him, except how determined he could get when he put his mind to something."
Arcade responded with what he was thinking of. "He had a very strong sense of morals. While the wasteland certainly isn't a place filled with justice, whenver he dealt with something he felt was just, utterly, wrong, he wouldn't take it lying down. And he could get very, very frightening when he was angry."
By now, Cass was lying on the top bunk, Arcade below her, and she found herself fighting the urge to sleep in order to hear what Arcade meant by that. "Like how?"
"They're not pretty stories."
"Neither is mine, or a shitload of other people's."
"Good point. Here goes..."

Last edited by Dewmann on Wed May 25, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

30 minutes after Chatot had left the four to their Wii-playing exploits, a call came from Loudred that rang about the guild:
"Everyone! Pizza! Come and get it, or Bidoof will undoubtedly eat it!"
Snickering came from other rooms, and Bidoof piped up:
"Shut up! You have an irreparably large mouth!"
More laughter rang out, and Loudred made booming footsteps, and carried Bidoof into the Mess Hall under his one arm.
"Right on!" Squirtle said. "Let's go get Pizza!"
"Awesome!" Pikachu said.
The four lead out, Squirtle starting up a small race. Charmander and Squirtle pulled ahead with Pikachu just behind them. Esbby wasn't quite so bothered, and pulled up behind them in a stroll.
Pikachu started laughing at Ess' nonchalant style. Everybody had entered the Mess Hall, and several boxes of Pizza were stacked in the corner of the room.
Everybody seemed to be enjoying messy slices of Pizza.
"Wahaha!" Squirtle said, drawing his arms into his chest triumphantly. "An assassin's favourite foodstuff!"
"Assassin is stretching it." Charmander said, nudging him playfully.
"Come on, Ess! I challenge you to a contest!" Pikachu said, excitedly.
"All right. What am I agreeing to?" Esbby replied quietly.
"I'm going to eat a whole Pizza quicker than you! You're going to feel less manly when I'm do -"
"Challenge accepted." Esbby replied, cutting Pikachu off, to which Pikachu laughed.
Squirtle slid in between their conversation.
"Did you say eating contest? I was State eating champion for six years!" he exclaimed.
"What are you on about?" Charmander said. Squirtle laughed and made faces behind Charmander's back as he walked off.
The four took places at the table, and before any formal countdown began, Pikachu had already started scoffing his face.
"Take it easy, Pikachu! You might get some form of heart attack!" Esbby said, in genuine shock.
"No...I am proving... awesome." Pikachu said over mouthfuls of Pizza.
Esbby hadn't even taken a bit as Squirtle already seemed to be competing against Pikachu.
"Don't... compete... Boy!" Squirtle said.
Esbby moved from between the two and sat next to Charmander, who seemed to be more civilised.
"Is he... always like this?" Esbby asked.
"Oh yeah." Charmander said. "He claims to have done a lot in his time - He hasn't." Charmander added, laughing.
"Shut..urp." He said, gagging slightly over a tumult of dough.
Pikachu laughed triumphantly as he continued to pick up Pizza slices and eat them.
Esbby laughed as he watched his friends risk indigestion just to be crowned some form of 'Winner'.
"

((More Story! There's a lot of backlog here So no shortage of stuff to read and such ;D))

Back in the room, after dinner, a light-hearted argument between Pikachu and Squirtle was taking place about who had eaten the most Pizza. Squirtle claimed that Pikachu had actually eaten Garlic Bread (and it was therefore less filling), whereas Pikachu claimed that he had finished before Squirtle had even started. The debate lasted for maybe thirty minutes, in which Charmander and Esbby sat in the corner of the room and discussed more Civil things:

"So, I'm still having trouble getting my head around this - I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything- but you said you were a human... But now you're a Pokémon for some reason?" Charmander inquired.
Esbby nodded, but it didn't affirm anything. Charmander looked at him slightly sympathetically.
"So, you remembered your name, but nothing else?"
Esbby, again, nodded blankly.
Charmander was silent, and nodded to himself. He was about to move away, when Esbby started to speak quietly.
"You know, when I try and come to terms with it... It's just not fair. Even though I've enjoyed some of my experiences and made good friends. I can't remember anything about my past. Did I have a Family? If so... Do they miss me, or care for me... Did someone actually set this on me? I can't help but feel that my existence in this world is down to the will of another person exercising their power over me. Is my whole life just scripted to some kind of unforeseeable event, that this is a just going to end like a clichéd story?"
By this time, everybody was listening to him. Pikachu looked concernedly at him, and Squirtle was scratching his head in bemusement. He never said much, so the speech was quite unexpected.
Charmander nodded thoughtfully, and walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.
"You're quite the Philosopher, and you've spent precious little time here, yet you seem to have a just as good an understanding of this world than anyone else. But thinking too hard about it isn't going to solve any of your problems. At least, not at this time when any information or prior knowledge about this kind of thing is so rare, if not non-existent. If I were you, I would focus yourself on what's immediately ahead of you. Getting from point A to point B can open up more than a just a Point C. Let's just gauge what we can do next, and make our way from there - Let's not get ahead of ourselves." Charmander finished, still looking intently at him. Esbby said nothing.
Squirtle drew Charmander's attention by putting his tail between Ess and Charmander.
"Hey, I think the kids need some rest. It's been a long couple of days. Let's call it a night." Squirtle said.
"I'll agree." Charmander said "We're going to head off to a temporary bedroom opposite you guys, so... Get some sleep. Good night!" He said, smiling. "Especially you, Ess." He said, pointing at Esbby.
Ess nodded and acknowledged him as he went out.
Pikachu shut the door and sat down next to Essby.
"Hey bud... I think you should take to heart Charmander's advice. We're not in any position to be looking too deeply into this whilst all of this furore with the East is going on. I'm going to get in bed. I suggest you do the same. Come on."
Pikachu lifted Essby up by the arms and dragged him over to his bed. Esbby stood looking blankly at the bed, and Pikachu had already lay down. Esbby nodded at Pikachu.
"Thanks." He said, without elaborating. From there, he also lay down, and the two went to sleep.

Katls

Katls

For all of yal plesure, here is Sidney's dream in a more detailed version, showing what she actally saw. For all of you who don't know what I'm talking about, it's something from the RPG.

It seemed like day time at first, but when Sidney looked up, she saw the moon surrounded by a thick black ring filled with stars.
Sidney thought about this for a moment and figured that this must be when the Night was beside the Moon, protecting her. The sky around them was blue and bright.
A single constellation that was in a ring that perodically would flash into a line like a blinking eye moved some and then was to the east side of the Night.
The first rays of the Sun started to stream. A wisp of the Night stretched and waved, signalling the Moon to move to the west.
Sidney found herself moving to the west with the Night and Moon. When she got there, she saw a black shape on the ground.

The being Sidney thought as it turned white and flew up to the Night and Moon.
She tried to yell out a warning to the Night and Moon, but not even a breath could escape her mouth.
The being apeared to be talking with the Night. Sidney looked down and saw a pit filled with bones.
When she looked up, the Night let out a wisp of itself to shake the being's hand.
For awhile, time flew as the dream went on until the part that Sidney didn't want to see.
Several moons and masses like the Night were in the sky. The being turned back to black and destroyed all of them and disappeared.
The Night's ring turned into a curved triangular shape that glowed red and was no longer a ring around the Moon, but was now serpentine. A growl rumbled from it as his "head" whipped left and right, looking for the being. The Moon drifted to the Night and seemed to say something.
A roar erupted and he attacked her. The Moon fled eastward and the Night gave chase. Sidney also went eastward after them.
When she had reached the East Sky where the Sun lived, he saw the Moon cowering behind the Sun and the Night shrinking back to the West Sky. She followed the Night and saw him shaking with rage in the center of the sky.
The Night looked up at the blue sky around him and roared. He spread across the West Sky, the stars being the only light there.
The Moon eventually returned, and took her place at the center of the sky, but that constellation stayed nearby her, eyeing her angrily. Later, the constellation spread out, never to form again, for the West Sky itself was the Night's eyes.

Katls

Katls

For thoses of you who don't know the slightest about Bakugan, ether don't read this or reshearch it some time. For thoses of you who are Bakugan fans, if your a little bit confused about some of the content, I base my knowlage of Bakugan of of what I've seen of the first season and the vidio games, the later is most likly is not entierly cannon to the show. For those of you who don't do ether of the things in the first sentcne and are not Bakugan fans and read it, I exspecaly hope you enjoy this as a story. I also came up with a few things in here related to the abiliys of some Bakugan that is in no ofical matiral of Bakugan, one of which I thank the creators of the magna Dragon Drive for inspiring.
Now here's something about my caracters in my storys. I often when I like a franches, I make up paralle me for the demention, and there have been many through the past, and they all repesent differnt parts of my personality. For example, the Bakugan Katls repesnts my abisus nature.
Now some about this fanfic. I had two Bakugan fanfics before, but I've lost them and I'm not feeling up to rewriting them. So in this one, I'm going to try and explain what happened in the other ones through the story, just give you hints through out it.
My Bakugan Fanfic
Spoiler:

Katls

Katls

I just watched the majority of Halo Legends. It was awsome, but not exactly cannon to the games, bbbbbuuuuuuuuut that's creative lisioce for you, only one of them I sirusly disaprove of, the second of the the Origins duet and Cortina's breif hipocracy in that one. Oh well, the rest was F***ING AWSOME. And so I'm ispired to work on more than one project at a time.
I'll be playing around with the story a little, but it will not be discredited by the story of the games, for it will venture into the parts that the game dosen't cover. It will be about a group of Spartans that excaped from Reach before the attack and how the get further targeted by the Covenant then almost anyone else. It will becomeing by tomorow, and the somethinme before monday I will have Ch 1 of the Bakugan Fanfic.

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

I POSTED AN SCP
And it's currently actually at a positive rating!
Two upvotes and one downvote!
W00t!

EDIT: ZOMG ANOTHER UPVOTE
I AM EXCITED CAN YOU TELL

EDIT: Noooooooees! Another downvote!

EDIT: Well, fuck. -7.
-5 is when they get deleted, so I've got until 24 hours after it was posted to fix it...
Not looking good!

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

What's an SCP? []

http://www.jttheninja.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum