Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daisy Owl Official Discussion

+24
Jubedy
LaLa
Packie
A Sinister Speaker
FriendlyBus
AJ
someguy3657
Ziggles
Messernacht
Bowen
davey
votecoffee
Angua
Tacoline
Tuomey
D-Munny
Samiam
Dog Breath
Hollyღ
tzipporahfeiga
Jonny
Nitehoot
JT_the_Ninja
Gorgro
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

26Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Nitehoot

Nitehoot

tacoline wrote:nobody start a civil war ok?
if we start something they will certainly retaliate. this was what i was worried about to begin with when it came to making our own forum

There's not really anything to start over! It's not as if that forum is about DO much, and Driscoll is an admin so if any of the better known members from here signed up they'd probably get b& pretty quickly. If you tried to troll it or bring up the subject of the comments/forum being taken down you'd also get banned very very quickly. There's nothing you could really do there that wouldn't be utterly pointless and blatantly off topic. =(

So yeah. I don't think you could start a civil war even if you wanted to. It'd get quashed before you could say "Tastes like honey!" Plus it'd be yet more ill will towards Driscoll, who obviously has enough problems as it is already x_x

27Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:09 pm

The latest post I see on that forum's front page is "I'm totally f**king wasted".
I don't think I'd like to be on that forum. It just seems like an everyday one, except a bit rowdier.
I love DO, just because the ambiance & hospitality is unmatched anywhere on the internet. Love you all! :'3

(Oh, and nchammer's on the other forum. I felt he was a pretty unpleasant kind of guy.)

28Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:19 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I hold nothing against Driscoll because I understand most of the fans he has are use to taking sarcasm and whatnot. I do wish he would give acknowledge that he knows we are still supporting him or something, because it feels awkward wondering if he is mad or not. It's like when you tell a joke at the dinner table and everyone laughs but the air seems tensioned as if you secretly offended someone, but no one wants to admit the joke was offensive.

Anyway, I personally hope he does update again, because I love the comic, whether he speaks to us or not.

Also, woo for drinking tea with the teabag in the cup <3

29Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:56 am

Nitehoot

Nitehoot

Perhaps this is a good warning as to why it's a bad idea to try and make a living off a webcomic?

I think the real motivating factor behind this whole escepade is that selling Daisy Owl merchandise just didn't make Driscoll enough money to live off It's most likely what's caused Driscoll to get so stressed. It's also not really fair on the fans, as it puts a burden on them to support the author, something not all of them are able to do. I feel quite bad about never having bought anything from the DO store. Reading a webcomic shouldn't make you feel guilty. =(

I'm sure Driscoll had a good reason for having a go at doing DO full time, but I somewhat feel that it's the root of this whole fiasco. I wish him luck in finding a more stable source of income, he's certainly got the talent to find it. =)

30Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:04 am

Niteowl is right there, and I agree with Rare too.

Personally, I'd just like to see the comic back, and everything back to normal as if the whole site adjustment kefuffel didn't happen.

31Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:04 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

.....I don't get how they have so many members when the original forum had been whittled down to basically just us?

32Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:12 am

Nitehoot

Nitehoot

Tuomey wrote:.....I don't get how they have so many members when the original forum had been whittled down to basically just us?

This is one is too hard to find! It doesn't show up in google searches or anything. It took me AGES to find it, and I looked pretty hard to see what happened to the old one. =0

33Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:14 am

Samiam

Samiam

Not to mention there weren't many active members on the old forums to begin with. The forum he is on now looks to be a conglomerate from other places than just DO.

34Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

That forum appears to have been around since before the collapse of Treehouse 1 and does not appear to be a solely DO-related forum.
Driscoll is an admin there, yes.
So are a few other people.
Anyways.. Tea ftw.

35Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:19 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Samiam wrote:Not to mention there weren't many active members on the old forums to begin with. The forum he is on now looks to be a conglomerate from other places than just DO.

I'm pretty sure it's a forum for Cracked members. But if you take a look at his fangroup on facebook, there are 100+ fans of DO, and there are at least 14 fans of DO on that forum he's on that I've counted. I'm thinking we were just the most talkative on the actual site.

36Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:23 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Well, if it's a Cracked members forum you're bound to find some DO fans, given that a lot of people found the site through Cracked.

37Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:25 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Naturally. When Driscoll updates I'm sure he will say something, if not, it's not our right to whine to him that he's ignoring us. He's not forcing us to read his comic, in example.

38Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:19 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he said nothing at all. He didn't exactly go out of his way to tell us he'd be leaving on a family visit for two weeks, did he?

39Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:21 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Verily so, I concur. This thing will blow over eventually and things will go back to normal.
Incidentally, what happens if he brings the original forum back?

40Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:45 am

Angua

Angua

Rare wrote:Verily so, I concur. This thing will blow over eventually and things will go back to normal.

My initial reaction to that was..
SEXY PARTY

But realistically, the best of both worlds would probably be having a separate forum from the website, aka this one, and a link on the website somewhere fairl obscure, like under FAQ or something. Maybe make Driscoll an admin here if the whimsy should take him.

http://twitter.com/Dickinsop

41Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:50 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Angua wrote:
Rare wrote:Verily so, I concur. This thing will blow over eventually and things will go back to normal.

My initial reaction to that was..
SEXY PARTY

But realistically, the best of both worlds would probably be having a separate forum from the website, aka this one, and a link on the website somewhere fairl obscure, like under FAQ or something. Maybe make Driscoll an admin here if the whimsy should take him.

I wouldn't mind it if he made this the official DO forum. After all, MT. Marmalade was going to be until it shut down, and this is an inverted version. However, that would require us to accept the more "rowdy" crowd that will surely join, something that might be frowned upon from the others here.

But this is a very big if.

42Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Very bloody big if.
But if he does I see no problems, we'd just have to add a few more rules and possibly more categories.

43Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:06 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

I just...I just want it back to normal, the way it used to be when everybody was happy...

...actually, I just want some new DO comics.

Maybe if each of us contributed $5 to the Ben Driscoll charity fund, we could make a difference...[]

http://www.jttheninja.com

44Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:02 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

JT_the_Ninja wrote:I just...I just want it back to normal, the way it used to be when everybody was happy...

...actually, I just want some new DO comics.

Maybe if each of us contributed $5 to the Ben Driscoll charity fund, we could make a difference...[]

Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Robokid_003

His Space Children need new suits for Space School, also.

(Take note of the creepy story on the board)

45Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:28 am

Angua

Angua

At this point, I'm kinda thinking that Daisy, Cooper and Owl are currently living at Her Majesty's, or rather at The President's leisure after beign caught on their bonding activity.

http://twitter.com/Dickinsop

46Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

God, no way in hecksville would I like Driscoll to be an admin here. Considering Gorgro had an argy-bargy with him I doubt he would allow it anyway.

47Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:34 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I'd be more concerned about suddenly not being admin anymore myself if i make that happen. (and with me and Rare, we've got all the admins we need.)

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

48Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:35 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

If Driscoll wants to come to the forum and join and all, that will be fine with me, provided he gives some sort of acknowledgment that what he did was wrong. If he starts shit, I want to practice my ban-hammer swinging.

49Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I second that.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

50Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:38 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Meh, I doubt he'll come here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum