Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Review the song above, then post another

+7
D-Munny
Hollyღ
Angua
Packie
Gorgro
Tacoline
Nitehoot
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Mmmph, killer opening. Loved the way it built up slowly and that stop at :45 and the little turn at 1:10. I feel like the drums could've come in a little earlier and it still would've worked well. That second stop is also really good, the drum feels like a heart beat almost. Kind of lost track what went on near the end there; is that a synth coming in? My ear isn't too good on instruments ahhhhhh- I think it would've been really good to have a viola or maybe a violin playing a short riff somewhere to break it up. That was really nice, I am definitely going to look up more of their stuff. Is all their material instrumental? Have they got any melancholy tracks?

This one is from one of my favourite bands. This is the song they played in The Crow which they were in and they totally rocked it.
Spoiler:
I like that this thread is coming back yes
It's like music thread except you know that people are actually listening to your music

Ziggles

Ziggles

I do not know a whole lot about the Bad Plus, I just kind of stumbled on that track one day.
I never saw The Crow, I have been meaning to see it. I like this song by Medicine, I do. It's got that kind of underlying guitar and screechy noise that I enjoy hearing, rather punk rock. The drummer seems to be fighting his way out of the feedback like a drowning man, and I do not know how I feel about that. The singer is unconcerned about the drummer's fate, and from her vantage at the front of the stage she calmly overlooks the proceedings. She is a badass with cool tones, I like her.

This song is mostly for Holly, and I do not know what to do with it, it confuses me so. (I have probably posted it before)

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Mmmm what a stylish personality that man is fronting. I'm digging that swing groove, it's very cool cat and makes me feel like dressing up like one of those cigarette gals and sip from tiny martini glasses. I don't know a lot about The Corespondents but the guys voice and personalty is so spot on for the picture he is trying to paint. The lyrics are also very appropriate and I admire all the detail put into the song, including the dancing.

I looked them up on youtube and they have some pretty great swing songs that I will be forming a playlist from.

Not sure what you mean by "and I do not know what to do with it, it confuses me so", I assumed that means you don't know if you like it or not, but check out some of their other songs cause I just started listening and I'm hooked. Do you like this kind of music, cause I can send you a whole playlist of similar songs for you.

"Mr. Chuckles take this one away~"

Cheers.

Tacoline

Tacoline

the intro had me tapping my fingers, which i do often because i used to play piano, to the beat. and when the main part of the song popped up i thought i was watching the intro to an anime that was going to be awesome.
it was relaxing calming and introspective, made me realize this was not an energetic anime but an emotional and philosophical one.

i hope ppl don't mind that i'll be posting a song from my ugly baby gameplay.

i really enjoy this artist, its hard to explain why but the 8bit and dubstep parts are mingled together well. and if you dot like one song, another song of his will be different enough that you might like it. apparently he actually has savantism.

Ziggles

Ziggles

First off the beat is really danceable, which is always good. The melody is funky and twists enough to make me keep listening for it, while the rest of the song changes barely perceptibly enough that it takes me a bit to notice it's different. The dubstep parts I like a little bit less than the others, but their inclusion adds a whole new level to the song. Over all I like it a lot.
It reminds me of Frogger. I had a Frogger video game once upon a time with funky music in it. (Ugly Baby looks really cool BTW, I saw some of the stuff on your Youtube Channel. I dig it)

New Song! (Yeah I copped out, what of it)

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

SQUIGGLES wrote:
Spoiler:

HEY HEY
Wanted to let you know that I listened to almost all these
Yes
Yes yes yes
Much appreciate you compiling this list for me, you should join Gorgro and I when we have Metal parties on Tinychat

That's right Im inviting you to hang with us cool kids

Batsie I will review your song in good time unless someone already called dibs

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I AM CALLING DIBS ON ZIGGYS SONG
YOU SPAG

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

oh gosh, haven't heard this one in a long time
That is like the supreme slow-dancing song. The climax at -:50 is jawdropping, I'd kill for a voice that could hold notes like that. At 1:55 when everything comes in, oh my god, flawless. Could've had a bigger focus on trumpets and less on that goddamn hi-hat or whatever it is there in the background. Something that annoys me about music of that style is it occasionally seems to go nowhere, but this was varied enough that it was nice. I think it could've had a longer instrumental break in between those two crescendos somewhere; some older music is starting to feel dated and bland to me and I don't know how I can overthink that feeling and continue appreciating it. The ending was a bit of a let down, it didn't need to feel so complete; it's gone from my head entirely because it felt so very ended. I really enjoy music that doesn't end so neatly, it's nice to have my mind flicking back to that song later on, like it's teasing me. I really like that it has a set, standard beat through almost the whole thing, that's something I think I don't hear very often in contemporary music.

Ugh I don't have any of the ones I wanted to post on this computer but I'll put up two because I know not everyone likes metal and whoever goes next can pick between them:
this one is kind of like jazz fusion metal:
this one is not so metal:
I might've posted these before in the general music thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum