Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Review the song above, then post another

+7
D-Munny
Hollyღ
Angua
Packie
Gorgro
Tacoline
Nitehoot
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I love the title. "Huge chrome cylinder box unfolding" indeed. The beginning makes me feel very safe. Maybe that's just the "temple chant" like feel it has. The electrical sounds makes me think of Transformers, and through the whole video I imagined some holy God Transformer going through a transformation. When the electrical notes stop playing, he is fully formed, to be gazed upon and feared. I like it.

My boyfriend actually introduced me to this song. It's called Airplanes.

Nitehoot

Nitehoot

Oh dear. x_x Sorry, but this is exactly the kinda music I try and avoid hearing as much as possible... unsuccessfuly, as some nob is always blasting it out as high as his speakers will go at my school.

I mean don't get me wrong... I do love a bit of hip hop now and then, but I feel it's getting dangerously close to becomming indistinguishable from cheesy R&B these days. This song is like that.

I'm glad you liked the Vsnares... interesting analysis. =) I don't really visualize songs as such so it's always cool to hear what people see when they hear things.

Stone cold classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWez92gxRJw&feature=related&fmt=18

... which won't embed.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I don't mind these kinds of songs (referring to the video I posted in my last reply) but I do get tired of them quickly should I hear them overplayed. I don't really care if a song is cheesy if it makes me feel good. This defiantly makes me feel good. But oh lord I know what you mean about pillocks blasting music.

Apex Twin - You should talk to Taco (Tacoline). If I remember right, she fancies Apex Twin. The songs okay for me, I'm not much for repetitive beats - it's just a little dry for me.

I've realized most of my videos posted are somewhat dark. I'll try to fix this.

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Nice song, it's the first godsmack song i've heard actually, but totally my kind of music.
I will counter your dark videos with a happier one because i'm currently addicted to this song. I'll be seeing these guys live in a few days too.

Vodka!

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

Angua

Angua

teehee, VODKA! blah di blah blah VODKA! I really hate shouty music, but that tickled me.

http://twitter.com/Dickinsop

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I liked the calmness of the song, then they started shouting. I would have enjoyed it more without the loud refrain. *secretly likes calm and slow music*

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

Nitehoot

Nitehoot

Woo, this thread is back from the dead! More cheesy feel good fantasy stuff from you Gogrgo. =p Kinda reminds of Dragonforce, in lyrical theme, if not stylistically. Though having said that, the same kind of epic chord progressions and melodies are used... just a lot slower! I'm afraid I don't get into stuff like this much though, but I can appreciate its virtue and epic feel =)

More rather inaccessible glitch from Venetian Snares - Sorry! I just think this is great ~

Packie

Packie

I've never heard anything like this before, but I kinda like it

Angua

Angua

Unfortunately, that couldnt be less my kind of music. Especially at night time like now, when I like to listen to this type of thing;

Ignore the fact that this has been on several thousand tv shows, and that this is one of those silly having the lyrics on it videos.

Samiam

Samiam

That song is blocked in my country, I can't hear it or can find vids that play that song. Is there a live version of that song?

Angua

Angua

http://www.last.fm/music/Vega+4 is the only place I can find a snippet of the song. : )

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Angua wrote:Unfortunately, that couldnt be less my kind of music. Especially at night time like now, when I like to listen to this type of thing;

Ignore the fact that this has been on several thousand tv shows, and that this is one of those silly having the lyrics on it videos.

Vega 4..I use to listen to them, I have a few Vega 4 albums on a CD somewhere. I've yet to hear this particular one though, and I don't think it compares right to the others I've heard. I still like the song though C:

This song is called War from the game Alex Wake's album. I really really want this game because not only is the album good, the gameplay and plot looks amazing. I think anyone who likes Silent Hill will love this game. But anyway;

Angua

Angua

I didn't watch the video, but listened to the music and I really liked
it. The strings made it really melodious but still a bit rocky which I
like.

This is another Lissie song, purely because she's pretty much all I'm listening to right now

Packie

Packie

Revive

Sounds good and professional, very likable

*John Cleese voice*
"And now for something completely different"

someguy3657

someguy3657

RUSSIA! THE MOTHERLAND! YAY!

Nice song, with a catchy beat.

Packie

Packie

Revive!

Wow I haven't heard that song in ages...
It's the kind of song I will not look up or anything, but when I hear it, I love it

Last edited by Packie on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Decided on another song)

Angua

Angua

Revivio!

Misfits; not something I would seek out and I was very dubious at the intro, but it turned into a fun pop punky type thing that I'd give a second listen to!

Saw the band below a few weeks ago when they were supporting Band of Horses and thought they were great!

Packie

Packie

bloody revivin' this thread again

pretty nice song, quite relaxing, but not 100% sure what to think of it

someguy3657

someguy3657

Let's wait a few more months before posting again

Packie

Packie

someguy3657 wrote:Let's wait a few more months before posting again

GGggrrrrrrrrrr

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Bumpu; would definitely enjoy reading more posts in this thread. Packie's song is a dead link, sigh.
Might just do the one above it, King of Rome.

The vocals start in too fast and intense for me and the guitar doesn't really go anywhere exciting. I love that turn around at about 0:25 but I think they focus too much on vocals than on the instruments, and when they do focus on the instruments it just doesn't match. The break at 1:30 is so sudden it just wrecks the mood they've built up before it, although the break at 2:40 is much better because of that build up. I'd like it if the guitars did more and set the melody, really, I'm pretty sure the guitarists only got about eight different chords in that entire song and the ending verses just felt redundant and boring.

And now that I've listened to this song for the umpteenth time I just feel like a cunt, to be honest, because I'm starting to feel with the contrasting sounds and it's working for me. Still not a fan of the vocals, though. The reviews didn't have to be entirely positive, did they?

Not sure if anyone will post after me but I'll bait anyway with some entry level metal; No Sympathy For Fools - Behemoth, just in case the gap between posts is so long the video is taken down.

Spoiler:

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Oh man, the beginning drums are incredible but the breakdown around :37 was also nicely done. The guitar crying around the :50 mark is so surreal. It's like this magnificent creature crying out from the chaos that the drums bring.

The voice itself is good for this genre but the way the singer articulates makes him near incomprehensible for my ears. I really love metal and I think I use to love this song but maybe my taste for this type of metal changed.

Those lyrics are pretty heavy though. \m/

I'm really loving those drums though, so hey if you have any other songs with thrashing drum solos send them my way heyyy~

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Hollyღ wrote:I'm really loving those drums though, so hey if you have any other songs with thrashing drum solos send them my way heyyy~
You've probably heard all of these but as a reminder, at least, maybe these ones are similar:
As I Lay Dying - Seperation/Nothing Left best best best best best
Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God
Gojira - The Heaviest Matter Of The Universe and L'enfant Sauvage
I Killed The Prom Queen - Say Goodbye
Machine Head - Locust and Davidian
Marilyn Manson - Kiddie Grinder drums start about 1:50 on this one
Slipknot - Sulfur
Gwar - Let Us Slay
Nekrogoblikon - No One Survives
Wintersun - Beyond The Dark Sun

and these ones are definitely not so similar
Alice Cooper - Vengeance Is Mine
Alexisonfire - Old Crows
Bring Me The Horizon - Death Breath
Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire and Eye of the Storm
The White Stripes - Blue Orchid
Confession - I Am The Nightrider
Marilyn Manson - Burning Flag
Godsmack - I Fucking Hate You drumtrack on this is flawless.
Nine Inch Nails - You Know What You Are?
also Karnivool and Tool have fantastic drummers
but not so metal bands

inb4 "sasha that is the stupidest metal ever"

(you don't have to review these)

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Oh gosh, I love you. These are great, gonna listen to them now, thanks!

Ziggles

Ziggles

@Holly's song:
I really like the trumpet in it, and I really dig the jazz vibe and the slightly morbid subject matter.
The vocalist has a really interesting twang to his voice that I cannot really decipher, plus the lyrics are a little confusing, which makes me enjoy the song more. I get the feeling I could listen to it several more times and figure out more about it with each.

Here's next!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum