Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread

+11
eren jaeger
someguy3657
Tacoline
D-Munny
Top Hat Zebra
Bowen
Travelcube
Jonny
Katls
AwesomeMedic
SQUIGGLES
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 23]

326Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

NOT SURE IF GOES IN SCARY THREAD OR PONY THREAD

327Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

SCARY THREAD SCARY THREAD
TAKE THAT TO THE SCARY THREAD

328Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:59 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Just that vid pic alone will make me uncomfortable to sleep tonight

329Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Well, on a note that doesn't look like the death of joy, Lauren Faust released some random MLP facts:

Applejack's Dog Winonna was originally named Brandy, then Buckaroo
Gilda was originally named Grizelda
Suited for Success was originally called Dress for Failure
Applebloom was originally named Appleseed
Big Macintosh was originally Big Apple
Sweet Apple Acres was originally Big Apple Orchard
One Bad Apple was originally Bully For You
Carousel Boutique was originally Carousel Couture, and was an actual carousel with moving mannequins for Rarity's designs. Unfortunately the idea was rejected.
Ponyville was originally Fillydelphia
Celestia was originally Queen Celestia, and Nightmare Moon was Discord
Opal Essence was originally Ruby, but many gem stones are already trademarked for toys
Twilight Sparkle was originally Twilight Twinkle. Lauren actually wanted to name her just "Twilight", but there were legal issues there. Twilight Twinkle was also lacked due to the same legal stuff. No subtle jab at the Twilight Saga was used in the making of her final name.
Rarity's Element of Harmony was originally inspiration
Twilight Sparkle originally had dark blue hair with a light blue stripe
Diamond Dogs names are Fido, Rover and Spot (which has been revealed already)
Pinkie's Sisters weren't named, but ideas of Mince Meat Pie and Chicken Pot Pie were floating around.
Zecora was originally named "Shaman"
Bird in the Hoof was originally concieved as a tug-at-your-heartstrings style episode about losing a pet
Golden Oak Library was originally The Tree of Knowing
Pinkie Pie used to have a "Sugard Rush" power when she ate too much candy. She would plow through doors, and the Cakes had to replace theirs on a weekly basis
Rainbow Dash was originally a serial prankster, and Rob would mistakenly call her a "he" in meetings
Luna's original name was Selena
Scootaloo was originally supposed to get in a lot of schoolyard fights over not being able to fly
Luna Eclipsed had a scene with Rarity making a pink princess costume for Luna
In Return of Harmony Applejack was scripted to climb to the top of the balloon to get to the basket to rope RD

330Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Scootaloo was originally supposed to get in a lot of schoolyard fights over not being able to fly

Why was this scrapped?!

331Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Bowen

Bowen

I'm not sure.
Probably inappropriate for children to see a protagonist break someone's nose over being teased.
Or something.

332Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Because the rule 34 community would probably explode with dominatrix schoolyard Scootaloos

333Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Yes, well, you might as well say we can't have Twilight looking up to Princess Celestia as a mentor in case rule 34 community creates Naughty Student/Sexy Teacher stuff.
Rule 34 is going to happen. You can't really stop it.

334Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Actually, I just found out some more information regarding Scoots:
The fighting may have been cut because originally, Lauren Faust intended Scootaloo to be handicapped and totally incapable of flight. There was apparently meant to be an episode where she had to accept that she couldn't be like Rainbow and find who she really was.

I'm assuming the teasing of handicapped ponies would cause an incredible amount of fuss. Look at what happened when Rainbow said the word Derpy.

335Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Bowen wrote:Actually, I just found out some more information regarding Scoots:
The fighting may have been cut because originally, Lauren Faust intended Scootaloo to be handicapped and totally incapable of flight. There was apparently meant to be an episode where she had to accept that she couldn't be like Rainbow and find who she really was.

That would have been the most wonderful thing on the planet. It's a shame they couldn't run with that idea!

336Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Bowen

Bowen

I suppose it might be a bit sad, or perhaps a bit mature for the original intended audience.
Still, I agree, it would have been great. There's loads of ideas like this one out there that would have made amazing episodes.

337Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Personally I think children need cartoons that hold deeper meaning behind them other than "WOOO RANDOM FLASHING COLORS FOR HALF HOUR!". Look up Adventure Time's episode 'Remember You' for a touching example of cartoons with actual heart. Here's the song from that episode - it's about Marceline the Vampire Queen learning that Ice King, the man who was her father when her real father wasn't there for her during the nuclear fallout, is succumbing to insanity and is loosing his memory.

Sorry in advance if you've seen this already;

338Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Bowen

Bowen

I can agree that perhaps we need more mature meaning, but then again, but 6 or 7 might be a little bit young for "You must give up on your dream, (insert limitation here) prevents it from ever happening".
Then again, I read quite a bit above my age level when I was that age, and I got similar messages. But then again, I'm often told I'm a damn strange person. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I guess, so perhaps it'd be fine.
On a very relevant note of being unusual and ponies, the idea behind this song should become a full episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ_jdruQca0
I would embed, but I never learned and also cannot be bothered.

As for the Adventure time, I think I remember talking with my friend about this episode.
I dunno, I haven't got past season 2 in adventure time, so I haven't seen it myself.

339Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Scoots episode could be handled pretty well depending on who writes it. Teaching kids to find their own inner strengths and all that, and it would most likely lead to Scoots and Rainbow having a heart to heart. A nice feels episode, I'd think.

I'm sure they trashed the idea because as you said, the thought of a handicapped pony would probably raise some flags. I don't understand why we can't have a more diverse range of issues though. Arthur had subjects such as Autism, Handicaps and Terrorism and Captain Planet had a whole episode dedicated to Aids, HIV and alluded to gay sex, as well as an episode with Hitler and drug abuse in which someone died from overdose. I think kids can handle maturity just fine, it's just newer generations are more politically correct when it comes to cartoons now, and I feel that's unfair.

340Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 HC240F8AF

341Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Bowen

Bowen

I'm fairly certain that Fluttershy, in enough quantities, would end wars.

Aaaaand on a totally unrelated note. Bioshock Creative Director Ken Levine reads some Pony/Bioshock fanfiction:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/21/4131200/bioshock-my-little-pony-fan-fiction-ken-levine-infinite

It even has some animation made for it.

Part two include Twilight, Die Hard and Lord of the Rings, apparently.

342Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Rarebug wrote:Arthur had subjects such as Autism, Handicaps and Terrorism and Captain Planet had a whole episode dedicated to Aids, HIV and alluded to gay sex, as well as an episode with Hitler and drug abuse in which someone died from overdose. I think kids can handle maturity just fine, it's just newer generations are more politically correct when it comes to cartoons now, and I feel that's unfair.

Man, I need to start watching Arthur again. I would definitely be up for a Scootaloo episode like that, and I don't even watch MLP anymore.

I think this is why I like watching stuff like The Nostalgia Chick so much. She says that children's entertainment is the only area of their lives where we say "eh, good enough", and I don't think it's a bad thing we ask for thoughtful, intelligent TV shows. I mean, it's okay to have stuff like Spongebob but even stuff like that can have a bit of heart and intelligence to it.

I've been watching Danny Phantom on Netflix and yes, it's a kid's action show, but it has a couple of interesting moments (where half the main characters are killed, for instance) and to be honest I think all of my favourite characters in it are the women. I like Sam because she's conscientious and thoughtful, and Jazz because she's trying to make something of herself (whilst also having a lot of time and respect for her brother's problems...most of the time.) The mother, Maddy, is great. I mean, she's recognisably a mother in that she's often domestic and embarrasses her children. But she's also this accomplished, badass ghost hunter that's a lot more capable and accomplished than her husband is. In many respects the women in the show are much better people than the guys are.

Last edited by Jonny on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total

343Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:36 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

Rarebug wrote:Personally I think children need cartoons that hold deeper meaning behind them other than "WOOO RANDOM FLASHING COLORS FOR HALF HOUR!". Look up Adventure Time's episode 'Remember You' for a touching example of cartoons with actual heart. Here's the song from that episode - it's about Marceline the Vampire Queen learning that Ice King, the man who was her father when her real father wasn't there for her during the nuclear fallout, is succumbing to insanity and is loosing his memory.

Sorry in advance if you've seen this already;

Rarebug wrote:Scoots episode could be handled pretty well depending on who writes it. Teaching kids to find their own inner strengths and all that, and it would most likely lead to Scoots and Rainbow having a heart to heart. A nice feels episode, I'd think.

I'm sure they trashed the idea because as you said, the thought of a handicapped pony would probably raise some flags. I don't understand why we can't have a more diverse range of issues though. Arthur had subjects such as Autism, Handicaps and Terrorism and Captain Planet had a whole episode dedicated to Aids, HIV and alluded to gay sex, as well as an episode with Hitler and drug abuse in which someone died from overdose. I think kids can handle maturity just fine, it's just newer generations are more politically correct when it comes to cartoons now, and I feel that's unfair.

The problem, unfortunatly, are the parents.

See, back in the day, when cartoon creators just didn't give a damn (with cartoons like Ren and Stimpy), kids could watch anything. Some got scared or cried about what they saw, and they, obviously, seeked comfort from their parents. Those parents, rather than just stop their kids from watching that particular show, took their reaction completely overboard and decided to call the networks and the FCC and all that. So, with all these whiny assholes on the line, the networks had no other choice but to pull the episode or sometimes the entire show off of the air.

But, in the same way that you shouldn't always give in to your kid's wishes, for fear that he grows into a spoiled brat, parents realized that, holy shit, we can pull any show off the air if we don't like it. This, unfortunatly, led to cartoonists never taking too many risks, because, and while there was some respectable adults who clearly just wanted to do the right thing, there as also a sea of bigots who would jump straight for the producer's throat if they saw something they don't like. See 4kids for a great example, where they deleted whole scenes from cartoons simply because there was a gun or renamed japanese rice balls into jelly donuts simply because it's from another culture.

That's why I don't think the Scoots being handicapped was approved, because bigots might see this and phone the company, because, if their kids see a disabled pony on the TV, they might just start thinking that the handicapped are people. And we can't have that, now, can we?

344Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:19 am

Jonny

Jonny

Returning to the idea of "children's TV shows that are actually pretty clever", I'm wondering who exactly this is aimed at as I'm finding it surprisingly witty, considering the main character is a talking lion called Parsley.

Also, it opens with a a dog reciting Shakespeare.

345Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:09 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I agree with everything you all posted, and also this:

Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 H4EE7D5FD

346Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:13 am

Jonny

Jonny

No, Luna! Where will you live now?

347Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:17 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Rarebug wrote:I agree with everything you all posted, and also this:

Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 H4EE7D5FD

348Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:30 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Liquid pride was shed! Launching happiness Pinkie~

Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 H6C9AE206

Last edited by Rarebug on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

349Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

CHOOO CHOO.

Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 HD761DE6F

350Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Made By Request - MLP FIM Thread Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:06 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

OUR THEME SONG! (When expoding things)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum