Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied!

+15
A Sinister Speaker
Ziggles
AJ
Tuomey
Hollyღ
JT_the_Ninja
Bowen
Tacoline
Samiam
Sunny
Angua
Dog Breath
Packie
Jonny
Gorgro
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Thank you, Messer...you get a karma. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

952Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Messernacht

Messernacht

RT: It's now been nigh on two months since my last lecture. I then had a month to prepare for a week-long event (my big international conference), which took a whole bunch of my time. I've now been back from that for about three days, and am bored out of my mind.

And still have another 10 days before class goes back.

953Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

You could always videotape random lectures for the forum peoples' edification...[]

954Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Messernacht

Messernacht

I should try and find the sound-recording of my lecture on LACMs (Land Attack Cruise Missiles), where my lecturer expressed his concern at the detail of my knowledge.

I've always been taken aside by security at the airport ever since that lecture...

955Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Messernacht

Messernacht

RT: I've managed to get me one of those hacking coughs that makes me sound like General Grievous. If it wasn't agony every time I coughed, it'd be kinda cool.

956Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Messernacht

Messernacht

RT: Right. Now I'm really bored. So, for my entertainment...

Ever since I started undergrad, I've taken to writing stories on my computer as a form of relaxation. These stories have grown progressivly longer, going from 75 pages for the first one, to 108 currently with the one I'm working on at the moment. These take me the better part of a year or two to write, so they're decent. Anyway...

The stories are essentially based around a character who, while appearing to be a student, is actually a Director of a multi-facted defence company. With the help of two others and a whole arsenal of various weaponry and vehicles, the main character travels the world unravelling plots and fighting the bad guys. Three of the stories feature this character specifically, while a forth was written in the same universe, but with different characters and a different sort of direction.

So, for kicks, I've trawled through all four, and have listed the technology used in each, listed by story and the years in which I wrote them:

Ronins of the Waves (Dradle Industries 1): 2006

Dark Trident - modified Iowa-class battleship
Cloaking device - mounted on Dark Trident
Katana - modified Leander-class frigate. Top speed: 70 knots
Railgun - primary armament for Katana
Adaptive Camoflauge - mounted on Katana
Messernacht- modified Leander-class frigate. Able to submerge
Hull-cutters - mounted on Messernacht. Retractable
Ship-Mounted Electro-Magnetic Pulse Projector (SEMPP) - mounted on Messernacht. EMP and hologram projection
GPS-guided naval shells
Minigun Broadside - mounted on Katana. Sequentially positioned Vulcan miniguns
Augmented Sea Wolf missile - interceptor
'Gaseado' torpedo - fuel-air weapon
'Sansaxo' plasma-based warhead
'Doorstop' - Reusable interceptor, with minor AI-capability. Capable of Mach 6
StealthKirov-class battlecruiser - Russian, low Radar Cross-Section
Leviathan-class Sub-Surface Landing Craft
Striker - Su-37 UCAV modification.
Ferrari F430 - Driven by Admiral Bickerson. 20mm rotary cannons, cannon
Porsche 911 - Driven by Jordan. Hydra rockets (smoke, HE), GShG-7.62 machine gun
Jaguar XKR - Driven by Ramius. Radar, AA-11 'Atoll' heat-seeking missiles
Liquid-Oxygen Rapid Drive (LORD) Turbine: Mounted on 'Katana'. Increases speed to 120 knots

Vengeance From The Sea (Dradle Industries 2): 2006 - 2008

Messernacht - upgraded to Ticonderoga-class destroyer
VTOL-capable Gulfstream IV business jet
Stealth-Harpoon: Low RCS anti-shipping missile
Ceranous - catamaran
Hermes device - Mounted on Ceranous. Antimatter-powered artificial wormhole-transit generator. Capable of satellite uplink. Generates substantial shockwave at both departure and arrival point.
EMP Naval shells
.45 frag shells
Dradelus - modified B-1 Lancer strategic bomber. VTOL-capable Capable of sub-orbital and sub-surface flight. Armed with three Avenger miniguns, and a variety of munitions
Dynamic Intelligence Data Interface (Dee-Dee) - advanced Artificial Intelligence programmed. Installed aboard 'Dradelus'. Slightly crazy
Fabius - modified VLCC tanker. Mobile airbase for Dradelus bomber
Plasma-based directed energy modifications for F-35 JSF
'Firestorm Protocol' - complete lockdown and armouring of Dark Trident. Enhanced survivability
Flash-bang 'Thunderbolt' naval shell
'Electrifier' EMP missile
Stealthspray - low RCS V-22 varient
Shipborne Fusion reactor - mounted aboard Dark Trident, replacing gas turbines. Enables top speed of 65 knots (Emergency Flank)
'Doorstop' - Mk. 2 patch installed due to failure during ROTW
'Huntress' - 7th generation low-orbital bombardment bomber
Pocket-portable electronic decoder devices

Seas Of The Viper (Dradle Industries universe) 2007 - 2008

Audi R8 - fireball security system
Dradelus - grappling hook (good for throwing Humvees)

Strike From The Seas (Dradle Industries 3): 2008 - present

Directed-energy beam weapons (developed by DamerCorp)
Scimitar - modified Arleigh Burke-class cruiser. Replaces Katana (sunk during VFTS). Equipped with cloaking device
SR-91 'Aurora' - hypersonic spy plane. Piloted by 'Dee-Dee' AI
Minerva-class battlefreighter - Built by DamerCorp. Equipped with multi-gigawatt directed-energy weapon. Armoured with ceramic-titanium. Ships in class include Minerva, Vulcan and Ares
Executioner - DamerCorp submarine. Based on Russian Akula design Plasma-tipped torpedoes, Tokamak fusion reactor, active acoustic shielding
'Sabres' - LADAR-guided anti-ship missile
Aston Martin DBS V12 - Driven by Ramius. M-61 machine guns. Self-destruct
Audi A8 - Driven by Jordan. Hellfire missiles, Pursuit Deterrent Munitions. Self-destruct
DamerCorp Chevy Tahoe - Ceramic armor, roof-mounted retractable minigun
Infantry Drop Pods
F-15 Silent Eagles - stealth-version F-15 air superiority fighters
Magna-Pulsejet engine - mounted about 'Aurora'. Lithium-fuelled ramjet
Avenger UCAVs
VX-enhanced Mk-82 bombs
Firestorm missiles - fuel-air warheads
Hawking missiles - antimatter singularity warheads
Armored battlesuit - DamerCorp manufacture
Ablative armour - equipped aboard Dark Trident

5 years, four stories, and that is a helluva lot of tech.

957Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

Sunny wrote:RT: Oh my God.
Go here, now.
Here. Now.
Holy shit that's awesome!
@Messernacht: That's very detailed. Also FREAKING AWESOME BLUEPRINTS & SPECS PLZ

958Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Angua

Angua

Can I punch the Moon in the face? That's only got Noel Fielding in it.

http://twitter.com/Dickinsop

959Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Try this instead:

Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 3351639081_781a6e7ced_o

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

960Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:52 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Yes, but can you dance? []

961Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:26 am

Angua

Angua

Well, picture me confused

http://twitter.com/Dickinsop

962Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:13 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

JT_the_Ninja wrote:Yes, but can you dance? []
of course i can!
*dances*

963Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:55 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

JUSTICE!

It's a blog from a guy at HP who heard stuff about Microsoft's project of letting PC gamers play against Xbox gamers over Live. Apparently they killed the project after having some expert Xbox players take on mediocre PC ones. The console players, and this is a direct quote, "got destroyed every time".

Despite saving the PC gamer's reputation, they did pull the plug on a very good idea. I tried to stay positive and imagine this new concept could have lead to actual good games being developed for PC again. Sadly, considering the current state of things, it would probably just mean more halfassed ports from console to PC, so maybe it's a good thing they cancelled it.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

964Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:24 am

A Sinister Speaker

Gorgro wrote:http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html

JUSTICE!

It's a blog from a guy at HP who heard stuff about Microsoft's project of letting PC gamers play against Xbox gamers over Live. Apparently they killed the project after having some expert Xbox players take on mediocre PC ones. The console players, and this is a direct quote, "got destroyed every time".

Despite saving the PC gamer's reputation, they did pull the plug on a very good idea. I tried to stay positive and imagine this new concept could have lead to actual good games being developed for PC again. Sadly, considering the current state of things, it would probably just mean more halfassed ports from console to PC, so maybe it's a good thing they cancelled it.

I'm getting pretty sick of all the PC hate in the gaming industry. The PC isn't even mentioned in console wars anymore, the two dominant consoles are the Xbox and and PS3. The PC games are getting worse and worse and developers are stacking more DRM onto games in addition to shoddy console ports.

965Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

I think the DRM is the worst of it.
There are several games I might have bought for PC and one I definitely would've but for crappy DRM.

It's not like it's actually gonna do anything except keep the hackers entertained for a while.

Anon wins again.

966Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:48 am

Samiam

Samiam

tacoline wrote:
JT_the_Ninja wrote:Yes, but can you dance? []
of course i can!
*dances*

*dances*

*......well maybe not "dancing" more like awkwardly flailing my limbs outwards in random directions in an attempt to dance*

967Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:39 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

RT:

Hey guys, I'm back from camp.

Yay

968Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:58 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

They teach you proper method for shank enemy in face for make safe outpost of Glorious Treehouse?

969Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I'm back - I will try to post as much as I did before, but school and life in general has me drained. If I seem to snap at anyone or seem to be bored or uninterested in things, take no offense - I'm just really tired lately. Will be better once school is over.

Last edited by Rare on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

970Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Well here is a random thought,

A we have had an issue at a new house we had recently built. We had go out ans unclog a toilet that keeps clogging. (We warranty our work for 2 years)

Anyhow the toilet keeps clogging and we don't know why so we used a plumbing camera to snake the drain and see the problem. Well the senior plumber saw what he thought was the incorrect plumbing configuration installed. Well it was decided that we had to dig up the fittings and fix it. Well we went out to saw-cut and jackhammer a very large hole in the guys bathroom floor.

The saw cutter left a massive amount of concrete dust EVERYWHERE in the house that was not behind a door and we pounded the hell out of the guy's slab. We spent a whole day ripping up the floor and digging only to find.........

NOTHING

The plumbing was installed correctly the whole time they were just flushing something down the toilet they shouldn't have. So we spent a whole day tearing up this guy's house for nothing at all. Of course we aren't the ones to tell the home owner that, being a vague as possible the plumber in charge explained "we got you taken care of".

971Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:19 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

You can dance if you want to, but let's leave your friends behind...[]

972Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Messernacht

Messernacht

Samiam wrote:Well here is a random thought,

A we have had an issue at a new house we had recently built. We had go out ans unclog a toilet that keeps clogging. (We warranty our work for 2 years)

Anyhow the toilet keeps clogging and we don't know why so we used a plumbing camera to snake the drain and see the problem. Well the senior plumber saw what he thought was the incorrect plumbing configuration installed. Well it was decided that we had to dig up the fittings and fix it. Well we went out to saw-cut and jackhammer a very large hole in the guys bathroom floor.

The saw cutter left a massive amount of concrete dust EVERYWHERE in the house that was not behind a door and we pounded the hell out of the guy's slab. We spent a whole day ripping up the floor and digging only to find.........

NOTHING

The plumbing was installed correctly the whole time they were just flushing something down the toilet they shouldn't have. So we spent a whole day tearing up this guy's house for nothing at all. Of course we aren't the ones to tell the home owner that, being a vague as possible the plumber in charge explained "we got you taken care of".

Legendary drain-clearing technique. Reminds me of the time I cleared my flooded garage with a small explosive charge to clear a blocked drain. Best DIY Day Ever.

973Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Messernacht

Messernacht

JT_the_Ninja wrote:You can dance if you want to, but let's leave your friends behind...[]

I read this. Then, five minute later, whilst flicking through the paper...:

*Turn page* Doof de doof...*hums first few bars of 'Safety Dance'...*Slams fist onto desk* "F**K IT!".

974Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

It's infectious...be glad I didn't start quoting Bohemian Rhapsody. []

975Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 39 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:20 pm

Messernacht

Messernacht

JT_the_Ninja wrote:It's infectious...be glad I didn't start quoting Bohemian Rhapsody. []

I see a little silhoetto of a man, Scaramouch Scaramouch, will you do the fandango...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum