Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even-

+18
A Sinister Speaker
Moltenfield
Travelcube
Messernacht
Bowen
Packie
Katls
someguy3657
Hollyღ
AwesomeMedic
Jonny
Tacoline
JT_the_Ninja
Ziggles
Tuomey
Gorgro
Samiam
D-Munny
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 40]

976TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 IE-eats-glue
@Katls: Still not as tall as you'd like? Careful what you wish for. I grew six inches one summer when I was your age, and no money for new clothes. I genuinely enjoy stealing my brothers' shirts, though, so everything worked out okay.

977TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Katls

Katls

Well, I didn't say I'd like to grow taller, I just know that I haven't hit my pupitory growthspurt yet.
Still, I'd like to be thinner. I've been cuttting down on how much I'm eating, and I now don't have a huge potbelly anymore, but soon it'll get better when I hit that growthspurt.
Great, I'm going to be older AND taller than everyone at my grade level...

978TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Eh, I wouldnt like to be skinnier.

979TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

It really doesn't matter unless you're the kind of person that brings that up a lot.

980TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Right. Im also immune to cold this way.

Plus, it gives me that air of...... Something.

Cheetoes?

981TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

Cheetos are not gaseous unless you're doing it wrong.

982TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I think Im doing it wrong. You're supposed to crush them up and insert them anally, right?

983TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

I'm not surprised if that's not in the small print on those Cheetoes Twists things.

984TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I wouldnt know. I never read fine print. It's kinda my thing.

I like to be surprised.

EDIT: Hmm. Just noticed an odd side effect of IE9. Apparently, it slows down that blinking thing that tells you where you're typing. Slows it down a lot.

Now It's hard to tell where I am if I make a mistake and try to go back and fix it.

985TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

(I have no idea if the rant I will post next deserves to be here or on the debate thread. One of the mods can move it if they think it would work elsewhere)

TTBM: So, I have to answer questions about an article in one of my classes. The text is some vegetarian bullshit claiming that animals should have rights because they can express certain feelings. I quote a part: "We now ask that the major principles of liberty, equality and fraternity are to be extended to the lives of animals. That animal slavery, like the slavery of men, should be a thing of the past."

This is my honest to God reaction to the entire article.

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Facepalm

Seriously?

No, seriously?

Now, I understand vegans when they say that animals should not be tortured before becoming food. Hurting them for no reason is just cruel. Just kill the beasts quickly and painlessly. I also understand them when they talk about animal cruelty, since animals can feel pain. We shouldn't be assholes with animals.

But from there to giving them RIGHTS?! I can see that they express a very small sense of survival, which many people immediately associate with intelligence, but it's retarded to think that they deserve to be treated as equals to humans simply because of that. 

So you vegans are saying a cow deserves the same rights as humans? Sure thing, we'll just give one a name, identity and legal papers. Then they can get a job somewhere and start earning money. With that money, they could buy a house, or a car, or maybe even place that money in a nice little bank account. Of course, they'll have to keep a bit of it for taxes. And, at the next elections, they'll even be allowed to vote!

Some vegans would start saying "we don't mean that! We mean being able to live a full life, eating grass and shitting truckloads of manure and reproducing like crazy!" To which I gladly reply that they are contradicting themselves if they claim that. They want the "major principles of liberty, equality and fraternity to be extended to the lives of animals". Liberty? Heck, animals are already more free than us humans; they can eat and sleep and move around at their ease and when they want, while we worry about ten billion things at once. Equality? How is living the carefree life of an animal equal to ours? They have nothing but the basics to survive, while we are surrounded by technology. Fraternity? Sure, we can befriend a dog or a cat, but, for fuck's sake, I'm not going to invite one of them to a party I'm hosting.

But what really grinds my gears is the fact that they consider animal "slavery" to be on the same grounds as human slavery. When the white race was being a major dick to the black race, it was because we THOUGHT they were inferior beings, when they have managed to prove that it was completely false. Animals, however, ARE inferior to us, no matter what kind of bullshit fact you throw at me to say otherwise. The slaves were able to compose a new genre of music while they were working. Animals can't even express their own thoughts properly. The slaves worked simply because the white race was a bunch of lazy bastards. Animal "slaves" exist because we need food, and they just so happen to be delicious. Comparing these two on equal grounds would be like if I said that Hitler is the same as Obama, since they're both leaders.

Well, that's my rant, anyways. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to finish answering these stupid questions.

Last edited by someguy3657 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

986TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

No, it's more like comparing Hitler to the Alpha wolf in the pack.

*Super facepalm*

I totally agree with you. That is incredibly stupid. I dont think it really belongs in the debate thread, unless there are people here who would dispute the facts you have stated.

987TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Oh lawl.
Listen I don't give a damn who eats what. You love meat? sweet. Hate it for whatever reason? That's cool. But don't tell ME how to eat.
I can deal with suggestions to EAT a certain food, but I handle people telling me NOT to eat things rather badly.
Anyway, Bowen's tale of a Vegan. (warning. Large rant)

One afternoon, we had a woman come to our school to give a talk. She was the first woman to try and run around Australia.
She was also a Vegan.
I was cool with that.
Then she started talking.
My vast amount of love and tolerance was quickly replaced with a vast amount of confusion and anger.
Apparently, according to her:

Eating meats is both unnecessary and unhealthy. Far better to get it from vegetables. Huh? the animals might be treated cruelly during farming? Oh....Uh...yeah. Um...that too, I guess.

Imported foods makes you the devil. Eat one imported clove of garlic and you may as well be the man that rapes children whilst doing lines of cocaine off his latest murder victim. Yeah, I really don't know WHY she hated them. But she did.

Cooking food is just STUPID. I mean, why would you? Doesn't that heat kill all, and I quote, "healthy stuff"? Yup.

Anything dairy is basically super death infused mega corpse making poison. Even KNOWING people that know about the possibility of the concept of the idea of the thought that there may be dairy puts you at risk of instant, bloody death. Stay away.

Right. So, You've thrown away ALL your food and stocked up with safe, healthy vegetables and what not, making sure to violently maim anyone spotted in the dairy section where you shop. The oven has been burnt as you chant, begging for the Elder gods to unleash their wrath upon this hellish tool of the devil. Finally, to work up your appetite you kill 500 people who eat imported foods. Time for a spot of lunch! NOPE! Your cult leader is punching you and screaming for being so evil. What did you do? Is it because you owned an oven? It was, wasn't it? As you beg for forgiveness for possessing such an unholy object, he laughs. The last thing you hear before he cracks your skull open is him sneering is "NON organic food? I'm doing you a favor."
Yup. Anything that isn't organic is almost as deadly as milk. Who knew?

The icing on the cake for organic foods was that she said "Don't be gullible. Thoroughly check food packets for nutritional value. Things that say they're healthy can sometimes be very unhealthy." Now, true, I understand that. Some people lie to make food seem healthy.....
But then she ruined it by saying should bought a stack of food just because "Organic" was slapped on the packet. Sometime she didn't even KNOW what the food was. I kid you not. Well done, lady. Good job. One piece of advice that makes sense, and you don't even FOLLOW it.

And to round up how spectacularly god damn stupid she was, after insisting that she was healthier than ever before, she told some stories about she had, twice, blacked out for "No reason". Yeah, sounds healthy. Maybe try eating a bit more than a small amount of uncooked vegetables. Of course, maybe she should have taken the hint from all those days she told us about where she felt too weak to move properly.

I'm sorry for ranting so much, but that has been on my chest for SO long.
Feels good to vent...

988TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Wow.

I... I dont even have a concept of how stupid that is. If you asked me to, in one word, describe how mind- shatteringly retarded that is, the only one I would be able to think of is "Internet" but that doesnt even make any sense.

Maybe we should make a word for it? No, that would be accepting the fact that people that stupid exist. I prefer to just pretend they're robots made to make us normal people feel smart.

989TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:39 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

I was a vegan for a while.
It fucking sucks. A lot of people give you shit for it.

But, this. This woman. I don't even.

990TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Packie

Packie

that kind of people should be forced to attend an food chemistry course

(tough they would probably freak out from hearing to words "food" and "chemistry" in the same sentence, damned chemofobes)

991TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 40 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Oh noes! We're growing giant produce that's healthier than any natural produce ever made! How absolutely dreadful of us!

-------

https://treehouse.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=278

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum