Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even-

+18
Tasha the Silly Panda
Top Hat Zebra
Tuomey
Travelcube
Messernacht
Packie
Jonny
Moltenfield
Hollyღ
someguy3657
Ziggles
Katls
Gorgro
AwesomeMedic
JT_the_Ninja
Taiju
SQUIGGLES
D-Munny
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 40]

376TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:14 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

WHAT DO YOU WISH TO KNOW, JONNY?
Test subject #3657 wrote:And I swear to God, there's sometimes enough food on the ground to fill up a plate. What are all of these parents doing while their kids throw shit all over the place? Why don't they teach the kids to pick up after themselves like my parents taught me?
Used to get this shit all the time when I was doing buffets; I am pretty sure that at least half the time it wasn't even kids, it was the adults.

"Whoops, my plate of spaghetti and all of my soup fell on the ground. I'll just cover it with a napkin."

NO
NAPKINS DO NOT MAKE THE MESS GO AWAY

I DO

AND I HAVE FEELINGS

ANGRY FEELINGS

377TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Well, the phrase "school prices". Do people pay for school outside of taxes? Tell me more, o fount of wisdom!

378TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:27 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I think he means paying tuition for university, isn't that a thing?

LOL I DUNNO

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 PDhXL

379TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:31 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Admission fees, mostly.

380TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Jonny

Jonny

To school? Or university?

381TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:34 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Both. North America is in terrible debt

382TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Most schools (That I've been to) make the parents purchase certain things before the year begins (A certain amount of pencils, paper, napkins, tissue, what-the-fuck-ever)

And then they use them for the whole class.

Seriously, what? I honestly don't care if Little Snotface didn't bring his own tissue, these are mine, don't go giving them out to everyone who has a gross face.

383TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 am

Jonny

Jonny

Is it that hard to take responsibility for your own bloody equipment? Shame on the schools you have been to.

384TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 am

Jonny

Jonny

TTBM: commenters on articles about PC gaming. 99% of the articles boil down to "PCs are amazing and anybody who plays on a console is an idiotic peasant".

While I've played quite a few games on PC and thoroughly enjoyed them I've also had some excellent experiences with consoles. People say that consoles offer a limited range of titles, which is probably true to an extent. But come on: We Love Katamari, Okami, Super Mario Bros and many other great, innovative titles found their home as console exclusives. Not to mention we've got up and coming games like The Unfinished Swan on PS3. Each platform offers experiences you can't get anywhere else, and some of our most highly-acclaimed games, like Super Mario Galaxy and Metal Gear Solid 4 to use recent examples, were built on so-called inferior hardware.
Heck, one game I own on Wii, Let's Tap, involves placing the Wii remote on a box and tapping on the box to interact with the game. And you know what? It works. Alarmingly well. That's a great idea, and it was done using some of the weakest home hardware currently available. And what about games like Super Mario Galaxy, WarioWare and And Yet It Moves?

Similarly, another touted feature of PCs is mods: the ability to change a game around to suit your interests. Well, I'm sure that is a wonderful feature but the crucial point is it doesn't make an already good experience worse. Half-Life 2 has heaps of mods for it, but is my playing experience diminished just because I don't have access to these mods? No. It's still an atmospheric and intelligent game that I love.

This brings me onto my next point. Yes, games like Half-Life, Deus Ex and most other shooters will play better on PC but this doesn't mean they play terribly on console. I've managed to make my way through a great number of console shooters without feeling crippled by the use of a joypad. Indeed, if this generation and the rise of the Wii has taught us anything it's that no control scheme works with everything. A mouse and keyboard is great for shooters but a bit naff for platformers and racing games, just as a controller is a poor substitute for a mouse and keyboard in FPS situations. Neither is automatically better than the other.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that while I'm sure the restrictiveness and static nature of the console is a problem it doesn't make it some fundamentally broken system devoid of innovation or quality. I like consoles because they're stable: I know the games I buy now will work without issue however many years from now assuming I look after the hardware, which I do. I actually like a lot of console exclusives like Ratchet and Clank. They offer up good local multiplayer options and I can play them whilst sat on my bed or sofa. I may not be experiencing every possible fact of every possible game, but what of it? They're bloody games, and they do what I require pretty well.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that I think consoles are worth people's time and offer high-quality experiences, even if they do have some restrictions.

385TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:15 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I like good games, no matter what console they are on. It just happens that the PS3 and PSP have limited games of my interest. I remember the playstation and playstation 2 being my most played console, too.

PC games are the most fun IMO but I like the perk of not having to sit through installation and computer crashes on consoles.

386TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:17 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I forgot to post my TTBM!

My school still hasn't sent me my associates degree AND they are having issues processing my payments. Damn it school, I am throwing my money and time at you, y u no make things easy!?

387TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:29 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

They can't get sued if there are no lawyers, it's the perfect crime.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

388TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:35 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Cat.exe wrote:PSP have limited games
I think I have 6 games for my PSP.

389TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Kokorocolon wrote:
Cat.exe wrote:PSP have limited games
I think I have 6 games for my PSP.

That thing has games?

Holy shit, why do I keep buying those boredom simulators, then!?!?

390TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 pm

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

TTBM:

Store Guy: Did you pre-order RE6?

Me: Ya! it's been 2 month.

SG: Which console?

Me: Xbox

SG: Ok so you will hae less stuff than PS3...

Me: wait what? Shouldn't I get RE1,2,3,4,5,6?

SG: No that's PS3. Xbox get 4,5,6 and Code veronica.

Me: But when I pre-ordered it the guy said it was both.

SG: Well it changed. And they are both the same price.

Me: Switch mine to regular. NOW.

Spoiler:

391TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:54 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Shoulda gone with PS3. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

392TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

TTBM: I had a mini-seizure today!
TTBM2: No health insurance. OH WELL.

393TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

TTBM: That stinks, Zigg []

http://www.jttheninja.com

394TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:39 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

TTBM: Have you ever been in the same room as ~70 children aged approximately 4-12, as well as lemonade, pizza, and popcorn?

You come out half deaf, and in need of one of those radiation showers in order to decontaminate yourself.

395TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Katls

Katls

I know that feeling.

396TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

TTBM: When Someone sees me or one of my siblings with just my mother, and then they ask if we're adopted.

It's not exactly the most polite move to openly ask if a child is adopted just because they look different from the mother. In fact, it's kind of impolite to ask if someone's adopted at all.

397TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:37 am

Ziggles

Ziggles

YOU LOOK DIFFERENT THOUGH DEWMANN
YOU MUST BE WEIRD OR SOMETHING
THAT'S HOW THAT WORKS RIGHT

398TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:43 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

I KNOW RIGHT. IT'S LIKE MY PARENTS AREN'T THE SAME RACE AS EACH OTHER. 'SUP WITH THAT SHIT NEPHEW? THE RULES OF LAUNDRY STATE THAT YOU DON'T MIX THE WHITES WITH THE COLOREDS.

399TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

THEN WHY DON'T YOU LOOK LIKE HER DEWMANN?

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 11282141
OR ADOPTION, APPARENTLY

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

400TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 16 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:20 am

Katls

Katls

TTBM: I'm studying the Salam Witch Trials, snd seeing a few 11 year-old girls turning the town into a host of traitors where vengence writes the laws is making me loose faith in humanity, And all of this becasue someone mistranslated the Bible, leading the Puritans to belive in witchs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum