Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+17
Top Hat Zebra
Bowen
Moltenfield
Packie
Tuomey
Gorgro
Travelcube
JT_the_Ninja
Hollyღ
Samiam
Ziggles
D-Munny
Katls
Tacoline
AwesomeMedic
someguy3657
Jonny
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

926Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:09 am

Bowen

Bowen

Baldur's Gate can sure has some creepy things happen.
I had cast a spell that essentially creates a temporary clone of myself. As its idle animation, it will randomly blurt out a few lines, based on your character's chosen voice.
The current formation made it look like the clone was staring at me. It chose this moment to say "Heh...They'll never miss...IT...."
Now that is disturbing enough, but a few minutes later, as it was directly behind the real me, it whispered "You'll never see me coming...."
Oh gods, it's coming for me...

927Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Bowen wrote:Baldur's Gate
Do you play with any mods?
I've just started a new game and was thinking about making it all shiny but I've never modded it before so I don't know where to start.

928Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 am

Katls

Katls

Bowen wrote:Baldur's Gate can sure has some creepy things happen.
I had cast a spell that essentially creates a temporary clone of myself. As its idle animation, it will randomly blurt out a few lines, based on your character's chosen voice.
The current formation made it look like the clone was staring at me. It chose this moment to say "Heh...They'll never miss...IT...."
Now that is disturbing enough, but a few minutes later, as it was directly behind the real me, it whispered "You'll never see me coming...."
Oh gods, it's coming for me...
I had the weirdest moment a mintue after reading that. One in which my mind said soemthing to me. I mean in a way that seemed almost phsyicly audible, and I responded in my mind.
I'm working on homework while I'm waiting for the episode to air, and while I was returning to it I read the line that I had writen that siad "You should be moe like her" in reference to Anne Frank. I almost heard a whisper. I'm not kidding. My mind almost whispered to me. But I got the general vibe of my thought process, and I said to myself "Well, I'd perfer to stay somewhat mature and not fighting my parents constantly."
Yeah, my sanity is being lost and I just don't give a buck.

929Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:24 am

Bowen

Bowen

Yeah, I've got a modpack installed. Nothing too fancy.
Removes things like the "You must gather your party before venturing forth!" and so on.
Make all stackable objects stack up to 9999, which is NEAT.
And so on...

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_mods.php

That has a few mods worth checking out. I haven't bothered with anything other than the aforementioned modpack.

http://www.weidu.org/ease.html

And that's the website for the modpack. Horray, mods!

930Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:28 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Haven't got any mods that add extra content? I was looking at those but I don't know which ones are the better ones. I'll give that a look anyways, thanks.

YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY

I love that little sound clip, it holds so much nostalgia.

931Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:34 am

Bowen

Bowen

Eh, see, at the moment, with capped net, downloading anything too big is annoying. That's the main reason for no massive content based mods.
That, and 50% of the mods are Romance mods.
In case you need a mod to bone Imoen. Or Jan. Or Keldorn. Or Minsc.
I have seen mods for all of those and my soul wept for such an injustice.

932Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Imoen? Really? That's pretty incest-y.

I am intrigued.

933Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:41 am

Bowen

Bowen

Look, I'm fairly certain there's a mod for anyone who can join your party.
Even people everyone hates, like Nalia, or Cernd.

934Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:44 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Well they made Anomen the only real option for girls, and he's a cunt.
So I guess I shouldn't really be surprised.

935Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:49 am

Bowen

Bowen

Yeah, but most people hate him before the end of his first line.

I'm just visiting the pub to put an end to some slavers and-
"Hurr, are yew gaiz good n noble n stuffs? My name Anomen, I are noble super knight! we shuld go togather!"
No. No thank you.

936Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:40 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

err...wat?

937Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Taiju

Taiju

The pimp hand is strong with that one.

938Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:15 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

Shiiieeet, if that kid was a real pimp, then he'd use the back of his hand.

939Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Taiju

Taiju

Gotta remember bro, this is Skyrim logic we're dealing with here.

940Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:19 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

The pimp trade is universal my brotha. I bet that kid don't even know the pimp's prayer.

941Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

VG: Sorry for all of those who intend to play Diablo 3 (because it may annoy them), but I judt beat the BETA version.

942Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

The closed or the open one? Because the open one was capped at level 13, wasn't it?

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

943Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

Gorgro wrote:The closed or the open one? Because the open one was capped at level 13, wasn't it?
I think it may be the open one then, But it all happened with a fraction of a day when I was playing it.

944Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

So apparently a Rayman Origins sequel is in the works.

Woo!

945Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

just beat skyrim! 100% of the achievements!
why bethesda? why u no DLC?

946Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:24 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

947Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:57 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

So Prototype 2's new trailer has me a bit disappointed. It doesn't focus on the gameplay at all, instead focusing on the story. Now, the story itself is not that cliche. While the main character was off fighting in the Middle East, his wife and daughter in New York were killed. This may sound like a tired trope, but it makes sense within the confines of the Prototype universe, as a virus had spread through New York in the first game, and is still infecting people as of the sequel, causing them to become zombielike, if not just outright killing them. Anyway, the main guy, James Heller, is so overcome with grief when he comes home and finds out that he goes on a suicidal rampage into a heavily infected zone, hoping to kill a crapload of the Infected before they kill him. Eventually he gets mortally wounded, but before he can die, he is injected with a pure strain of the virus, BLACKLIGHT, as Alex was impressed by how badass Heller was, and wanted to see what kind of potential was still in him. As a result of being denied death, and due to the fact that Alex is blamed for the outbreak of the virus, Heller vows to kill Mercer.

Certainly not the most original game, but the way the trailer portrays it makes it look really bad in my opinion.

Taking it section by section.

-Alright, right off the bat, they're playing Johnny Cash's cover Hurt. I don't really know if that really fits, but hey, I like the song, so whatever.

- Oh no! He jumped off of the building! It's not like he has superhuman abilities of some sort that will let him survive that!

- Obligatory empathy shot of photo of his wife and daughter during his time at war.

-There it is again while he's falling, in case you didn't catch it the first time.

-Him finding her body and weeping over it. Understandable.

-Admittedly decent shots of the necessary measures the military's had to take to quarentine people off.

-And then SUDDENLY ALEX MERCER INFECTING HIM OUT OF NOWHERE.
Alright, let's pause here. This does not fit the story we've gotten so far. From what we know, Heller was near death, and Mercer infected him to save his life. Mercer wasn't just all like "TAG! YOU'RE IT MOFUCKA *ZOOM*" because he felt like being a dick. He infected Heller because he took pity on him and wanted to save him.
Moving on.

-Mercer's appearance also bugs me here. While Alex Mercer never was very heroic to begin with, this trailer gives him a stupidly evil looking smirk, as if he's suddenly gone 100% villain, which, without spoiling much, goes against his character development in the first game. Hell, Mercer didn't even start the first game as stupidly evil. He started it as a confused amnesiac sociopath with weird powers.

- At the point where Heller lets go of the photo and starts screaming, I can't help but picture him thinking "AWW FUCK I DROPPED IT."

-"Hey, does anyone else see that guy who's screaming and falling from that buildi-" *SMASH*

- Another shot of Mercer with a douchey evil grin, with him raising his claws in the universal motion for "COME AT ME BRO."

- Heller readying a bladearm and screaming before charging, in the universal motion for "I WILL. I WILL COME AT YOU BRO."

Overall, the trailer gives the wrong idea about the story. Again, while Alex Mercer is a sociopathic dick, he was never out to just infect Heller because he could, but you wouldn't know it from watching the above video.
This trailer takes itself too seriously in my opinion, and there are similar trailers for the game that do the same. Now, while the storyline of a a game is certainly a critical part, you shouldn't neglect to also shine some light on the actual gameplay, especially when it's the bigger focus. While I won't diss Prototype 2's plot, as I actually like the idea of Mercer the "hero" (if you can call him that) of the first game suddenly becoming the villain for the second, I think there's a better way to present that than making him look as villainous as possible while randomly infecting Heller for no other reason than because he just happened to be right there.

But, I'll still definately get the game if I can, because like I said before, Prototype's gameplay is much stronger than it's storyline.

Case in point.

948Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:08 am

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I tend to avoid all the hype.

Because.... Well, look at Dead Island. That trailer was as far away from the gameplay as possible.

I remember the first time I saw Prototype was in a magazine years before it came out. I was so fucking excited.

Then when it finally came out, I was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the game was (And still is) damn fun, but it just felt so.... Used.

I played all the Spiderman games, and Prototype was just another Spiderman game. Except you could chop people in half with you giant claws, consume their entire body, and mind, and then transform into them.

Actually, Im not certain where I was going with this.

But, PROTOTYPE 2 YES!

My favortie part of the first one wasn't the main story anyway, it was that "Web of Intrigue" thing.

949Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Yeah, that's another thing I liked about Prototype. There was a really deep backstory incorporated into it, and if you collected enough of the WOI targets early on, you could guess what would noramlly be a big surprise.

950Video Games - Page 38 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Have you ever played Infamous? It's in a similiar vein to Prototype, or so I understand.

I picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution today for a fiver. It's interesting, to say the least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum