Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book Thread, v2...[]

+16
Bowen
someguy3657
Samiam
SQUIGGLES
Top Hat Zebra
Tacoline
Hollyღ
Tuomey
Gorgro
AwesomeMedic
Jonny
Katls
Ziggles
Travelcube
Packie
JT_the_Ninja
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun May 20, 2012 1:51 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

ellipsis

greater than underscore less than

Okay then...so I'm just now getting around to reading John Dies at the End. Am I a bad person? []

http://www.jttheninja.com

77Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun May 20, 2012 2:41 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler:

Yeah I actually read the book, pretty funny. Not as funny as Terry Pratchett, but it tries.

78Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Finished John Dies at the End around 1:30am this morning...was good. Would read again. Want to see the movie. []

79Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

The nerdiest drinking game ever (using non-alcoholic drinks, of course!):

While reading The Hobbit, take:

- one shot each time the author says "Not for the last time!"
- one shot each time a character or group of characters breaks into song (two if it's villains singing)
- one shot each time the author says Gandalf was x, despite being a wizard.
- one shot for each character who didn't appear in the Rankin-Bass animation.
- one shot for each time Gandalf goes missing.
- one shot for each time Bilbo is being carried (two if it's by someone other than Dori).
- one shot for each time the author makes a completely irrelevant aside (two if it's to refer to something that happens later in the story)

....I may or may not be re-reading The Hobbit at the moment...[]

80Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:37 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 H8j91
THE HOBBIT IS ENTRY-LEVEL GARBAGE
IT IS A BEGINNER BOOK FOR BEGINNERS
ROBERT E. HOWARD IS SO MUCH BETTER
MOORCOCK, ROTHFUSS, SAGE SAGE SAGE &c. &c.

I bought the complete Lord of the Rings set thing, with all those companion novels like The War Of The Ring and The War Of The Jewels and whatever because people kept raving and raving and raving about how I needed to get it and read them because they were so great and I cannot even read them. It was like trying to read jelly or a cryptic crossword. I tried to read The Lord Of The Rings to start with and it was just so dull. The Hobbit is good but it never felt like there was a world beyond what Bilbo was doing, if that makes sense.

But that was a long time ago so maybe I should try again.

81Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

fail...

I'm rereading The Hobbit (a) because it's a very quick read (only 4646 locations in the Kindle edition), (b) because the first movie's coming out this fall, and (c) because I'm still looking for something better to read (next Thursday Next book isn't out yet, and I THOUGHT ROTHFUSS SAID HE'D ALREADY WRITTEN ALL THE KINGKILLER BOOKS SO THEY'D BE RELEASED ON A YEARLY SCHEDULE AND THE SECOND BOOK WAS RELEASED LAST MARCH AND IT'S ALREADY JUNE WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!?!?!?!)...

[]

82Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:05 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

What do you mean "the first movie"? There's going to be more than one?

83Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:00 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Yes. They're doing The Hobbit Parts I and II. Thank you, Peter Jackson. []

84Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Finally finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo. I think this is now my favourite book. I need to find an unabridged copy.
10/10 do recommended to everyone A+++

The Count is such a mighty man.
Has anyone else read it?
Would love and appreciate the opportunity to fawn over this.

85Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Your Rarity avatar matches that sentiment perfectly.

86Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:43 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

It is also appropriate because I am also lying in bed and I am also fabulous.

87Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

semicolon wrote:Finally finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo. I think this is now my favourite book. I need to find an unabridged copy.
10/10 do recommended to everyone A+++

The Count is such a mighty man.
Has anyone else read it?
Would love and appreciate the opportunity to fawn over this.
I've seen the movie (the 1934 one). It was pretty great.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

88Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:31 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I think that might be different from the book.
I don't know, I'll have to rent it.

I've seen the 2002 version and it was pretty different.

I don't know if comics count, but I found a copy of Sea Bear & Grizzly Shark (cover; p.1; p.2; for preview, minor graphic gore warning) on my hard drive; it's not really my thing -bar the art- so I was going to delete it but first I thought I'd ask if anyone wanted to read it, because it seems like something some of you guys might like.

89Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:20 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Just got the whole Fifty Shades set; it's just something I have to do.
Anyone else read them? Anything I should be prepared for?

90Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:56 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

According to wikipedia, bondage and BDSM.

91Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:06 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

You may also spontaneously become a 40-year-old woman. []

92Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:07 am

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

In other words, no. Nothing you're not already prepared for.

93Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

Beware of really terrible writing and bullshit plot points, but also really hot sex scenes. It's not an accurate depiction of a BSDM relationship, so don't make it your landmark for all such things. Enjoy!

I've been reading The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat, by Oliver Sacks. He's a great writer, I'm really enjoying it. Also I think the Joker has some damage to his frontal lobe, judging from his chosen method of creating mayhem.

94Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:15 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

semicaptain wrote:Just got the whole Fifty Shades set; it's just something I have to do.
Anyone else read them? Anything I should be prepared for?

Anal beads.

95Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 am

Bowen

Bowen

You might discuss it in public and people will shout at you.
That's what I did. Shouted at people reading it in my Chemistry class.

96Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Did you .... did you shout about anal beads?

97Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:24 am

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I did.

I don't know what book you guys are talking about, though.

98Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:25 am

Bowen

Bowen

Had I known about them being in the story during my shouting, rest assured, I would have loudly stated that the shouted at (shoutee?) was reading about anal beads.
Like, stealing the schools PA system to do so.
Hopefully, embarrassment would result.

99Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

I actually read part of the anal beads section of said novel. Over my sister's shoulder. Inside a car on a road trip for several hours.
Awkward? She was like seven months pregnant at the time.

100Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:43 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I am about halfway through Die A Little by Megan Abbott. I am loving the way she has written this; it feels a lot more informal and real. It doesn't feel like I'm reading text. I like how she doesn't give all the information away at once. There's only about eighty pages to go and I don't even know what is happening i dont even

I really do adore that whole gritty and painted early 20th century setting.
It is so inspiring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum