Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+19
Jubedy
Samiam
eren jaeger
DandyLionGx
Ziggles
D-Munny
Gorgro
Travelcube
Bowen
Katls
SQUIGGLES
AwesomeMedic
Tasha the Silly Panda
Hollyღ
Tacoline
Icriex the Hyperbolic
Taiju
someguy3657
Jonny
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 17]

226Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

I liked being a Wood Elf! Although I think that kitties are probably the most practical race? Unless you wanna eat a lot of poison, in which case Argonian all the way.
I assume if you're a Nord you're just racist anyway.

227Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

i played the eso beta a while ago, the beta opens and closes every few weeks.
its pretty buggy but i definetly get the old elder scrolls feel from it. when the tutorial drops you off you can go do whatever.
i didnt level up enough to use my abilities so i can't say much about that. but the combat is very: block, attack, stun.
i can't really tell the difference between npc's and players. there were several times i was trying to click on an npc and found out it was a player instead.
they haven't added in all the voice acting yet either, it was funny listening to a disgrunteld orc speak with a computer voice
i think i mentioned all this before but i can't remember.

228Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:26 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

So thanks to Katls I played some Walking Dead

Goddamn, all these moral gray questions...

229Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

I TOLD YOU BRO
I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE MORALLY AMBIGUOUS QUESTIONS BRO

230Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:16 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

So, since it was on sale and because I'm apparently a masochist, I decided to buy "Slender: The Arrival"

Now the game taunts me simply by existing in my game library. It's like it's saying "Come on, you fucking pussy, install me."

Especially since one of the achievements is gotten by getting a FUCKING INSTA KILL.

AND SOMETHING ABOUT "FAILED PAUSE ATTEMPTS" FOR ANOTHER ACHIEVEMENT.

GUYS I AM ACTUALLY SCARED OF A GAME I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY YET.

Fuck it, gonna install it

231Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:01 am

Katls

Katls

So, used the last of my steam wallet on Natural Selection 2, which is currently $2.49, but the deal ends in an hour. Whoohoo for lucky saves, I've been hopeing to get this game.
Let's just hope it doesn't lag as much as my last purchase, Space Engineers. Space Engineers is a great and creative game, but dang, my lag around large builds makes them almost unusable. Looks like I'll have to wait for income tax before I do much with that game.

But seriously, those of you with at least slightly above average computers and a mind bursting with wild and practical ideas involving weaponry, spacecraft, and and other things, you should consider getting Space Engineers. It works a lot like Minecraft, but much more realistic AND IN SPACE. The game is beautiful(for those of you who care about graphics, unlike me), massive, and challenges the mind. It's currently in open alpha, and even now it's very community oriented. It's on Steam and it has a Workshop that, in it's short time being on market, has already gathered hundreds of thousands of entries, most of them with multiple ships. Check it out here.
Wow, reading that, I sound like I'm being payed to do it.
EDIT: Also, for those of you who played it, this game is a sequal to Miner Wars 2081.

232Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

someguy3657 wrote:So, since it was on sale and because I'm apparently a masochist, I decided to buy "Slender: The Arrival"

Now the game taunts me simply by existing in my game library. It's like it's saying "Come on, you fucking pussy, install me."

Especially since one of the achievements is gotten by getting a FUCKING INSTA KILL.

AND SOMETHING ABOUT "FAILED PAUSE ATTEMPTS" FOR ANOTHER ACHIEVEMENT.

GUYS I AM ACTUALLY SCARED OF A GAME I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY YET.

Fuck it, gonna install it
loooool. i played that game, its a git buggy at times and i'm not sure if they've fixed the save mechanic yet. but its well made and it looks great.

233Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Katls

Katls

Ok, Natural Selection 2. Is. Awesome.
First night, I was in 3 games in which I played a huge part in winning the match, possibly made 3 new friends, and made more than 12 people soil their pants after being killed by them various times by becoming a stealthy Onos, which is a massive monster that, normally you would see coming as it banged down the halls, but I had an upgrade that allowed me to move absolutely silently, become invisible at low speeds, and have no attack sound. They never saw my coming.
*Is about 5 meters from my victim*
*fires at a guy behind me down the hall*
*is revealed by taking damage*
*guy runs in a panic while I attempt to gore him*

234Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:45 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

I just got a Starpath (formerly Arcadia) Supercharger for Atari 2600. It's basically a cartridge with a headphone jack that plugs into a cassette tape player. The games themselves come on cassettes, and are typically a lot more sophisticated than the usual 2600 game. The only game I have so far is Phaser Patrol (which is a lot of fun), but Commie Mutants from Space is on its way. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

235Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:29 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

ppl are telling me to get starbound, its made by someone who did work on terraria, so its basically 2d minecraft in space. it looks cool, but the 2d thing is kinda putting me off

236Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Bowen

Bowen

I've played it. It's pretty good, despite very clearly being in beta. Fairly early beta, too. I didn't mind, but seeing as how character wipes during updates are not unusual occurrences, you'd be justified in putting it off for a bit.
When it's done, however, you wouldn't be.

237Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:58 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

Playing Batman: Arkham Origins

One word to describe it:

Yes.

238Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

someguy3657 wrote:Playing Batman: Arkham Origins

One word to describe it:

Yes.
planning on doing a let's play of that after i'm done with amnesia: a machine for pigs
i hope it is all of the yes

239Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

Bowen wrote:I've played it. It's pretty good, despite very clearly being in beta. Fairly early beta, too. I didn't mind, but seeing as how character wipes during updates are not unusual occurrences, you'd be justified in putting it off for a bit.
When it's done, however, you wouldn't be.
ok, that sounds like a plan XD

240Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:59 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

Tacoline wrote:

One word to describe it:

Yes.
planning on doing a let's play of that after i'm done with amnesia: a machine for pigs

It's like a prequel to the first two other games, back in a time when Batman was first starting out. So, you have bad guys and good guys alike questioning your existance, and either fear when you show up, or people mocking you, making it more fun to pound their faces in.

You also get to fly around in Arkham City before it was Arkham City and be like "oh wow, so THAT'S how that looked like before!"

Also, it's a bit like Die Hard, in which it's Christmas Eve and Batman is in a lot of shit (I'd consider 8 super deadly assassins trying to claim the 50 million bounty on your head to be "a lot of shit")

241Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

someguy3657 wrote:
Tacoline wrote:

One word to describe it:

Yes.

It's like a prequel to the first two other games, back in a time when Batman was first starting out. So, you have bad guys and good guys alike questioning your existance, and either fear when you show up, or people mocking you, making it more fun to pound their faces in.

You also get to fly around in Arkham City before it was Arkham City and be like "oh wow, so THAT'S how that looked like before!"

Also, it's a bit like Die Hard, in which it's Christmas Eve and Batman is in a lot of shit (I'd consider 8 super deadly assassins trying to claim the 50 million bounty on your head to be "a lot of shit")
pfffft, remember that time in killing floor where we were doing gangnam style on the heads of fleshpounds, scrakes, and the patriarch?
NOW THAT was "a lot of shite"

242Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:15 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

I should probably play that game when the GOTY edition is released.

I finished Back to the Future: The Game yesterday, which was all of the fun.

243Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

So, I'm reading up on tutorials and stuff to make that RPG I talked about before.

I'm thinking, obviously, to have the Resistance as the main heroes of the story and maybe have Taco or Katls or Rita (the Bayleef from the "sunglasses" rp) as the fourth party member because good RPGs have at least 4 party members (the one not choosen will most likely become a later boss, except Rita).

I'm thinking me being a monk/warrior type character (because punching my problems away sometimes works), have AM be the healer (because duh), have Dewmann maybe be the archer/gunman (cuz niggas be packin' heat) and have either:

-Taco as a mage type that attacks (throwing magic tacos at things)
-Katls as a thief type (because he'd look like the type to sneak up and gut someone silently)
-Rita as a sort of mage type that gives status effects (plants can be poisonous and stuff)

So, who should I pick, is this all good, and on a scale of 1 to 10, how fucked is my project?

244Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

I totally see Taco as a secret final boss. Like, right after we beat the game, the screen shatter and Taco is there all like "SECRET BOSS BITCH!"

245Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:18 am

Katls

Katls

I, personally, am excited to see how this game turns out. And Chuckles, I'm willing to help you balance the combat system.
Also, if you're fighting against Rare or something, then my character should at least start off as a boss of some sort. Perhaps you could have a mechanic where when you beat cirtien bosses, they get added to your auxiliary party.
Another idea I had is use a party system similar to Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, where you technically brought your whole team with you, but only three or four can be actually fighting at a time, and when one of the members that is fighting is k.o.'d, you swap them out will a different member of your party.

246Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

Katls wrote:I, personally, am excited to see how this game turns out. And Chuckles, I'm willing to help you balance the combat system.
Also, if you're fighting against Rare or something, then my character should at least start off as a boss of some sort. Perhaps you could have a mechanic where when you beat cirtien bosses, they get added to your auxiliary party.
Another idea I had is use a party system similar to Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, where you technically brought your whole team with you, but only three or four can be actually fighting at a time, and when one of the members that is fighting is k.o.'d, you swap them out will a different member of your party.

Well, you also have to keep in mind that the more characters I put in, the more work I have to do, because I have to do EVERYTHING about 1 character. The sprite, the class, the skills, the leveling, the items they'll use, the dialogue they'll give to the story, ect. Which is why I'd rather have 4 party members max.

247Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:28 pm

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

#TACOASABOSS2014

248Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Katls

Katls

someguy3657 wrote:
Katls wrote:I, personally, am excited to see how this game turns out. And Chuckles, I'm willing to help you balance the combat system.

Well, you also have to keep in mind that the more characters I put in, the more work I have to do, because I have to do EVERYTHING about 1 character. The sprite, the class, the skills, the leveling, the items they'll use, the dialogue they'll give to the story, ect. Which is why I'd rather have 4 party members max.
I see your point.
Anyways, your fourth character should definitely be a spellcaster of some sort. You already had a warrior, a support class, and a rouge/ranger, a spellcaster would quite nicely round it all out. That spellcaster may not necessarily need to use magic, but rather be based heavily in abilities with low physical traits.
Also, if Rare in the main antagonist, then I would most likely be one of her servants/generals. I've been a loyal servant of Rare's ever since I've taken a side on the forum's "war," so naturally, I'd side with her (add my usual bad guy disposition and love of science, and there is a mad scientist in the making anyways). Taco being part of Rare's Army as well, I would expect that she be a baddie too (unless whatever the heck happened in the RPG to make her work with you happens, it's been so long I've forgotten).
This next idea may be a little much for your first game, but have you considered a specialized trait tree for the main characters? For example, the player can have the warrior character specialize either in damage or endurance, have Medic specialize in straight healing or in buffs, Dew specialize in high-damage-high-cost(as in his abilites are very powerful, but eat up a lot of Action Points/Mana Points[useful for takeing down single, large oppentents) or in a low-damage rapid fire(not as much damage, but able to be used repeatedly[good for groups of weaker enemies]).

EDIT: I can also help you with FX, I have plenty enough stuff in my reach for that and have been dying for a reason to use it.

249Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

i think most of the time i was an accidental good guy, fighting things because it was fun or because I HAD TO KILL DA CLOWNS.
if i'm a mage, i'd be ok with that. if i'm a secret extra stage boss or what have you, twould be fun if i was an accidental boss. like i wasn't planning on anything evil but i accidentally a boss that turns out to be stronger than the last boss of the game lol. 
then how is it that i was a playable character during most of the game? i'll take a page from deadpool and say it was because of game balance lol

250Video Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

I kinda want to play this game when it gets finished. Sounds amazing so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum