Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+19
Jubedy
Samiam
eren jaeger
DandyLionGx
Ziggles
D-Munny
Gorgro
Travelcube
Bowen
Katls
SQUIGGLES
AwesomeMedic
Tasha the Silly Panda
Hollyღ
Tacoline
Icriex the Hyperbolic
Taiju
someguy3657
Jonny
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 17]

151Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 pm

AJ

AJ

I'm guessing you guys play/have played Scribblenaughts. I already have Batman Arkham City, so is it worth paying an extra 4 dollars to get Scribblenaughts in the new Humble Bundle?

https://facebook.com/AJKemp

152Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:47 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Gravity Rush is kind of fun if flying around a floating city is your bag. And why wouldn't it be?

153Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:21 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

AJ wrote:I'm guessing you guys play/have played Scribblenaughts. I already have Batman Arkham City, so is it worth paying an extra 4 dollars to get Scribblenaughts in the new Humble Bundle?
scribblenaughts is pretty cool. i already have arkham city as well. but i wouldn't go and get it. still 4:00 is pretty cheap.

also i beat outlast at last! it was good, scary, and i do like the ending. its a survival horror thingy, unlike silent hill where you can fight back. you can't fight back in this one, you have to run, hide, and be stealthy

i tried haunted memories, a slender game. its still giving me issues but it has alot of potential.

i'm nearly done with thief. my one complaint during the game had been the fact that i couldn't find a tasty storyline to dig into for a good chunk of it. which is fine i guess, you're just a dude stealing stuff. but then a wild plotline appeared! i intend to capture it!

154Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 am

Lord Bacon Blastoise

Lord Bacon Blastoise

May I recommend Skullgirls? It's a 2D fighting game with an all-female cast, just €13.99 on Steam. I doubted if I should pre-purchase it, but since I did, I never regretted that purchase a SINGLE time. It's just perfect. The soundtrack, art, gameplay, etc. are all impeccable, and still convince me that this might be one of the best games I ever played. And I never even liked 2D fighting games before.

http://lord-bacon-blastoise.tumblr.com

155Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:27 am

Jonny

Jonny

I decided to try Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition on a whim and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought. I never thought I'd say this but I like it a lot more than Tekken.

156Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:21 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

i suck at fighting games
i really do

157Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:05 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Wait Jonny you play Tekken?

....dude, we need to work out a time for us to play some games...I got SSF4 as well, although I haven't played it in aeons.

...also, Street Fighter x Tekken...need to get back on that game... [ ]

http://www.jttheninja.com

158Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:46 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

In fighting game I'm the friend who spam the low-kick just to annoy his friends.

159Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:28 am

Samiam

Samiam

Stupid Civ 5 is eating up my free time!

JUST ONE MORE TURN DAMMIT

160Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:59 am

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

I WANT THAT, IT LOOKS COOL
JUST GIVE IT TO ME, SAM
YOU'LL HAVE MORE TIME
SOLID DEAL I'D SAY, YES

161Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:57 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I've spent so much time on this one Civ V game with a friend of mine, only to lose to stupid England because we got distracted. GODDAMMIT PERSIA STOP BUILDING CITIES AND DIE ALREADY.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

162Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:40 am

Jonny

Jonny

I think my next fighting game is going to be Injustice, but I like SSFIV too.

I just finished playing through Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea.

Wat

163Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:54 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

I got a Vectrex...it apparently arrived today...I'll let you guys know how awesome it is....[ ]

http://www.jttheninja.com

164Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

I JUST BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA THIEF GOLD
such a good feeling, beating that game. the graphics have not aged well but the story and gameplay makes up for it in but loads.

165Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:55 am

Jonny

Jonny

I had a similar experience with Deus Ex. Good god that is a good game.

Am I the only one who isn't all that excited by Super Mario 3D World?

166Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Nope. I've kinda lost faith in Nintendo games in general.
There's a new Zelda out and I really couldn't give a shit, to be honest. A few years ago I wouldn't believe myself saying that.
Maybe it's because they finally achieved 3D and suddenly the new gimmick is 'can become a 2D picture on a wall' which seems to be rather missing the point.

167Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Jonny

Jonny

I think the problem I have is that at least on Kotaku it's being touted almost as a Greatest Hits of the Mario series in general and that feels a bit like a copout, even if the source material in question is excellent.

I guess it's also down to the fact that for me, video games have become a far reduced presence in my life with me working full time. It takes a lot for me to actually finish a game and a lot for me to want to return a series after playing more than one or two games in it. I just feel like having played about 11 different Mario games, not including Mario Karts, I've had my fill: I'm tired of that world, despite the gameplay mechanics underlying it being rock-solid.

It's unfashionable to say so, but for me playing video games is about immersing myself in a world as much as it is about manipulating a little character across a video screen. Take a game like Tearaway: I don't know if it'll be a good game and I doubt it'll be a great one, now. But it looks interesting: it's breaking boundaries from a visual and conceptual perspective and I'd rather play that over a series I feel forced into praising because it's so popular. Irrespective of whether that popularity is deserved.

168Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

medic asked me to play this. unfortunately its still in beta and some glitches include the save states not working.

169Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Bowen

Bowen

So, it's Steam's Spring/Autumn sale, and so games are once again absurdly cheap.
One of the games I picked up (for today, anyways) was Antichamber.
And well, it's certainly unique. It's... Something. I guess it's a puzzle game?
I feel it's more aptly described as 'A surreal ramble through a series of rooms and corridors that aren't on speaking terms with reality with occasional puzzle elements.'

I feel it was worth the $5 I paid, however. it certainly grabs your attention and is quite compelling.
So yeah, if you've some pocket change I suggest checking it out. But, uh, soon. Steam's rapidly changing sales and all that.

170Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:10 am

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

GUYS DO I NEED SKYRIM?
IT'S 75% OFF BUT THE SALE ENDS IN LESS THAN 4 HOURS.
SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO

171Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:29 am

Bowen

Bowen

It's a pretty fun game and I got dozens of hours out of it. If you liked other open world games you'll probably like it.
I did find that my interest in it vanished abruptly, usually whenever my current character inevitably became a god of murder. Once you hit a certain level all challenge evaporates and with it, I feel, the fun.
More food for thought, however: If you buy it, do you pay double to get all the DLC by buying the Legendary edition? I've got no advice, I never played the DLC.

172Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:56 am

Jonny

Jonny

I tend to wait for DLC packed in with the base game nowadays. Unless it's something like Bioshock, with a big story element to it, why pay over the odds for things like DLC when the GOTY edition is invariably around the corner?

173Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:04 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

SO MANY SALES
SO MANY.....SALES
I JUST DON'T KNO WHAT TO DO!

174Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:36 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

DO A BARREL ROLL!

175Video Games - Page 7 Empty Re: Video Games Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:25 am

Jonny

Jonny

Rymdkapsel is surprisingly good! Give it a try if you have a smart device.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum