Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied!

+15
A Sinister Speaker
Ziggles
AJ
Tuomey
Hollyღ
JT_the_Ninja
Bowen
Tacoline
Samiam
Sunny
Angua
Dog Breath
Packie
Jonny
Gorgro
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

101Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 LittleNinjasWEB

:l

102Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:41 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Looks like some cheap amerime they're spewing every Saturday morning on WB or Fox.

...is that a panda or a sheep on the right? []

http://www.jttheninja.com

103Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:39 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

RT: Red Alert 3 isn't as fun as i thought it would be. RTS'es have come a long way since Age of Empires, and not in a good way :<

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

104Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:16 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

You should see the stink they're kicking up over the new XCOM.

105Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I've found that Love Shack or Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare are great feel-good songs that should always be blasted when your in the shower.

106Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Fast fact FFX2 was the first FF to not use the victory theme.

107Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Jonny

Jonny

I am disgusted. Although, it did get kinda annoying after a while.

I'm sporadically playing FFIX. I love the characters and setting, but it would be perfect if they showed your maximum health and sped up the battles slightly. Also, what are abilities for!?

108Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 am

Samiam

Samiam

The FF9 abilities? What do you want to know?

You have 2 types, Action and Support. All abilities are taught by equipping weapons or gear and earning AP from battles. You cannot equip or use an ability until you learn it.

Action abilities cost MP to use. They are magic or special moves.

Support abilities are "equipped" using special magic stones that increase with level. They do things like give you counter, prevent silence, increase counter chance, change steal to "mug" ect.

Hope that helps! (got any more questions just ask me I played FF9 to death)

109Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:12 am

Jonny

Jonny

Well, it's just I'm equipping all these random abilities for each character but they don't seem to have any discernible effect on my party. Also I think I need to level up a little.

Just finished watching The Girl Who Leapt Through Time! It's a fantastic film.

EDIT: gonna go on FF7 for a while. I need to rescue Vincent and then I'll go to Rocket Town.

110Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:38 am

Samiam

Samiam

Jonny wrote:Well, it's just I'm equipping all these random abilities for each character but they don't seem to have any discernible effect on my party. Also I think I need to level up a little.

I don't know how far you got into the game but since you said that I think you aren't very far into it. You probably got a lot of "slayer" skills right now, and yeah they don't do much when you first get them. It says something like "deal lethal damage to (X) enemy" but its only a damage boost of like 1.25 or 1.5 x damage. Its only later in the game that you start seeing large areas that have only certain types of enemies like Alexandria Castle, you fight nothing but human style guards so man slayer goes a long way. There are also a lot of bosses that conform to an enemy type.

Its only late in the game you start getting "good" secondary abilities but even those aren't deal breakers that make battles a cinch. The good ones in general are like "High Tide" (trance faster) "Long Reach" (same attack power from back row) "Clear Headed" (prevent confusion) "Loud Mouth" (prevent silence) "Counter", the HP/MP boosting skills, the "Auto" skills (auto protect/haste/regen/reflect) and "Ability Up" (learn abilities faster)

Good skills for like Zidane only are like "Master Thief" and "Mug"

If you are pretty early in the game and feel like you are under-leveled then I should tell you, you are never going to be over-powered. Ever

You can be over-leveled and powerful enough to tear through most end game monsters pretty easily provided you find all the right gear and develop your characters right. You keep in mind tho is that you will never be so much more powerful than them that you can just brush them off.

The key to the easiest game is finding all the right items, weapons and armor. And to do that you got to steal like a som'bitch all the time. Most bosses are going to have better items and weapons than can be found any other place in the game up to that point in the game. And certain rare and valuable and extremely useful items can only be stolen from enemies you are only going to see ONCE.

You are also going to need to play the Chocobo hot&cold game in its entirety. Some of the best stuff can be found playing it and is key at getting the best abilities for your characters at the earliest possible time.

There are no "ultimate" weapons or armor in the game either. You are going to have to almost constantly swap out armor. There are items simply better than most like the "Black Robe" or "Robe of Lords" are both end game robes but both of them are better than the other at certain things. So its a coin toss.

hope that helps

111Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:49 am

Jonny

Jonny

I think so. BTW, I'm at that rainy town where Freya lives. The name eludes me for the moment.

Actually I might go and level up a little bit. I'm not doing too badly, but without Garnet I'm running low on restoratives and it might be good to take the enemies down quicker.

112Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:05 am

Jonny

Jonny

113Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:18 am

Samiam

Samiam

Glad I could help, and its Brumecia The city of perpetual rain.

And yeah don't quit playing right now cause the game is going to start getting good cause you are about to get your clock cleaned by Betrix. You are going to want to teach Vivi things like slow and poison if you want to survive the encounter cause she is going to beat you like a misbehaving 6yr old at the supermarket.

And a few more things to remember, the ores like Emeralds, Lapis Lazuli, Garnets and stuff are tied to summons. The more you have in your inventory the more powerful the summon. And Phoenix pinions SAVE THOSE once you get the Phoenix summon and use it, as long as Eiko is in your party you have a chance of summoning Phoenix if the party is wiped out. Its how many you have in inventory divided by 255 of something like that.

Also don't throw away or sell anything be sure to keep at least 2-3 of every weapon and you obtain and can buy at shops about midway through the game. Like silver swords and silver gauntlets. You can see a lot of them in shops early on but get to Tera and you can't get them anymore anywhere which may be fine and dandy until the find the best synthesizers and realize you need a whole bunch of them if you want to craft the really rare an unique stuff or at least some sets of the better armor for people.

114Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:22 am

Samiam

Samiam

Jonny wrote:Also, DO WANT.

http://www.splitreason.com/product/894

I'm going to buy that.

115Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:43 am

RT: England's draw shuts up all the hooligans down my street. <3 USA :3

116Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:03 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

.......you have some really polite hooligans, comparatively.
That or they just don't get the meaning of hooligan.
Hooligan: Noun, taken from Patrick Hooligan, an Irish criminal who gave the London Police a hard time yeeeeeaaaaaaaars ago.

117Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 am

Samiam

Samiam

RT:

Gonna eat some BBQ soon! Go OOOOOOOOSSAA!!! USA!!

118Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:44 am

Angua

Angua

Weeell, I feel like England kinda scored twice...it's just once was the wrong way!

*England till I die, I'm England till I die, I know I am, I say I am, I'm England till I die* : D

http://twitter.com/Dickinsop

119Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

RT: I temporarily give up on Tetris. It's so damn difficult to get things right and just when i think i'm on to something, i end up with something even worse than before. I'll just stick to being bored all summer and do it the right way when we get game programming in college in 2 years.

120Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

*universal noise of frustration*

121Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Samiam

Samiam

RT:

the cookout was soooooo goood, freaking stuffed myself on brisket and gumbo and pulled pork sandwiches and fudge nut brownies. even had a couple of beers (I don't like the taste of beer)

ugh I'm full

122Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

RT: i got sick 2day. nausea. i'm better now, drinking liquids to flush out the system. i have no idea what i ate that made me sick XC

123Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Samiam

Samiam

I'm sorry you don't feel good =( Must have been that damn burrito!!!

well that could be something you ate over the past 2-3 days.

124Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

yeah. i eat alot of tv dinners. b/c mom and dad dont cook. AND THEY DONT TRUST ME WITH FIRE! i dont kno why not XD

125Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Empty Re: Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Random Thoughts v6.0 - Now Stickied! - Page 5 Food_fire_taco

like this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum