Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+19
Packie
eren jaeger
Tasha the Silly Panda
Icriex the Hyperbolic
Taiju
Tuomey
JT_the_Ninja
D-Munny
Gorgro
Top Hat Zebra
Bowen
Tacoline
Travelcube
someguy3657
AwesomeMedic
Jonny
Ziggles
SQUIGGLES
Katls
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 40]

851Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Yes.

852Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Bowen

Bowen

So I acquired XCOM about a week ago and just finished it.
It's a really good game and I highly recommend it. I believe it's on sale on Steam right now.

My only real gripe was the final boss. It showed up and made its obligatory final boss speech, then summoned a half dozen elite enemies and mind controlled my best soldier. I remember thinking it was all over at that point because of the soldier they took along with that soldiers positioning plus the aforementioned nasties, they would have gone through my entire squad like a hot knife through butter.
But it was not to be. Figuring I might as well just play until I died so I could find out a few of the boss's tricks then reload using a different strategy, I started attacking. Two attacks later, I stopped. Because the boss was dead. Then the game ended.
I feel rather let down. The entire last level was a slow build up of tension and difficulty, getting ready for some impressive climax that never came.
I had more trouble with some of the weakest mooks at the start of the game, at least they didn't stand there with no cover gawping whilst a sniper aerated their skulls.

853Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:58 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

I'm thinking of picking up a PS Vita. There's an offer on right now where you can get a WiFi model, with an 8GB memory card and 10 games.

854Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:07 am

AJ

AJ

So I bought anti-chamber.

My brain now resembles molten goop.

https://facebook.com/AJKemp

855Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:18 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

AJ wrote:So I bought anti-chamber.

TELL ME MORE

856Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:59 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

TELL ME MORE TELL ME MORE DID YOU GET VERY FAR

857Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Well, I just got Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. And let me tell you. You can kick people. There are spikes. You can kick people into spikes. It is fun.

858Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:17 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Have you played any other Might and Magic games?
I tried Might and Magic 1-5 not long ago but they're so dated, it would take me at my most patient to get into it. Might and Magic 6-9 still hold up well, though.
7 is the best but it's all over the place and I always feel like I'm missing out on so much that it puts me off.
8 has so much nostalgia for me but it's broken in a lot of ways; seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to let people fill their parties with overpowered dragons, for real

Heroes of Might and Magic and Heroes Chronicles are also good
HMM3 is flawless, HMM4 is nice but doesn't have a good vibe and art style, HMM5 is fantastic but the camera action shots for real just annoy me i mean it's a strategy game not call of duty

I'm missing a few Heroes Chronicles disks, I don't think they sold them all over here, but I think GOG sells the complete collection, oh, i just got myself really excited yes i'll have to get it

859Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:44 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

SQUIGGLES wrote:
AJ wrote:So I bought anti-chamber.

TELL ME MORE
MOLTEN GOOP HIS BRAIN HAS BECOME

860Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:02 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Video Games - Page 35 ScQtOAq

Heh.

861Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

The gun games for the APF TV Fun are ludicrously easy, I discovered, because the machine only looks to see that you pull the trigger while the dot is on screen, not that the gun controller is actually aimed at the dot. At least the ball & paddle games are fun. [ ]

http://www.jttheninja.com

862Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:49 am

Jonny

Jonny

I just went into town and bought a PS Vita.

You guys

What have I done

863Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:06 am

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Something I wish I could do.

864Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:09 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

Is Killing Floor awesome to play with your friends?

Yes.

Is it annoying as fuck to get cornered by half a dozen hard hitting creepy shit and get killed and lose all of your guns and some of your cash, especially if there's less than 10 monsters left to kill before the wave is over?

YES.

865Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:43 pm

eren jaeger

eren jaeger

does any one play osu?

866Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

So today I found out just how much I love the shotguns in Killing Floor, especially the Hunting Rifle

It's like, oh no, those big assholes come with their chainsaws and their shooters and their invisibility oh god whatever shall I-

BLAM!

NOTHING LIVES.

867Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:16 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

draven wrote:does any one play osu?
OH GOD osu

868Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Jonny

Jonny

LittleBigPlanet on Vita is pretty astonishing from a technical standpoint. It's captured the look and feel of the console counterparts almost perfectly, even if the levels do feel a little empty in places. That said, it feels like a much darker game than its predecessors did, which I find interesting: the villain of the Puppeteer married with the handmade nature of the world (and the genuinely unsettling Hollows) means it's very Coraline.

Video Games - Page 35 2012-08-08-093257_22983.nphd

While I'm not against this idea in principle (I loved Coraline) it seems like a slightly odd fit for something like LittleBigPlanet which is typically all sunshine and unicorn farts.

Speaking more widely on the Vita, I'm glad I picked it up. There's generally a period of pretty intense anxiety whenever I buy a new console, to be honest: a panic about whether or not I've rushed into it and whether it will be a good investment overall. And since the Vita isn't exactly the most popular console in the world, these fears were exacerbated a little.

But at the end of the day, there hasn't been very much at all I want to play on 3DS despite it being the more popular option. Luigi's Mansion 2 looks great, but other titles I may have picked up like Kingdom Hearts, Paper Mario and Epic Mickey sort of fell through in terms of critical reception. Paper Mario in particular apparently had a lot of the series features taken out by Miyamoto, and even though Mario seems to be a solid choice in general, the world he inhabits just seems so utterly bland to me now: an evocation of a design that's nearly 30 years old. The fact Sonic is aping much of Mario's design is also pretty depressing, but I've pretty much given up on Sonic at this point now anyway.

In contrast, I wanted to play WipEout, I wanted to play another LittleBigPlanet, even though I accept it's not a perfect game by any stretch. Frobisher Says genuinely made me laugh, there's a few more obscure titles I want to try, and Tearaway looks like a fantastic title. I guess my mindset is that the likes of Mario will always be there: they will be at the forefront of gamer's minds and will be an unforgettable part of gaming history. In contrast, the sorts of titles on PlayStation- the Crushes, the LocoRocos, the Dead Head Freds- will not have that privilege, and I want to play them while I have the chance.

869Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:43 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

What kind of a game is LBP anyway? It's a puzzle platformer or something?

870Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Jonny

Jonny

Primarily, but from the second game onwards it was billed more as a game maker in general. The toolset just exploded, and you can use it to make practically any sort of game you want.

It's a shame that side of the game isn't really taken up more as a lot of the Staff Picks just seem to be platformers with great art direction. Also, it's kind of floaty as an actual platformer. It feels a little imprecise and woolly: perfectly playable, but not exactly a Mario or Mega Man in terms of controls.

But you can make match-four games, racers, FPSs...it's astonishing. I'm trying to make a series of puzzle games I've tentatively called The Temples Trilogy. One involves tilting a circular maze to get a pinball out. One involves fitting shapes into a giant jigsaw puzzle. The last one involves arranging things like ramps and springs to guide a ball into a net.

And you know, you can assemble that out of the standard tools in the bag. Just set up a Controlinator, add a Rotator tool and a couple of Mover tools and Bob's your uncle. You've got the foundation of a jigsaw puzzle.

There's a pretty extensive list of tutorials but as might be expected, you aren't really given any guidance on how you might combine them. WarioWare DIY had the right idea: it let you make your own microgames, and apparently looking into the nuts and bolts of pre-made levels was part of the tutorial. Understanding how things as simple as conversations and sequencing works would be a massive help.

So yeah, what I'm trying to convey that in terms of potential, LittleBigPlanet is massive. It's just that that potential isn't always necessarily realised, either by the users or by the people who made the game in the first place.

871Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:08 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Damn that was a good explanation
Every time I ask someone they make it sound boring but yeah that was really good

It sounds really good but I don't really think I have the passion for creative games. I like creating things but I'm such a perfectionist that every time I make something and it doesn't turn out the way I want I feel crushed.
Minecraft is so bad with this because it takes so long to build things and so long to figure out if they'll look the way I want. What I want is a game that lets me build things in a quarter of the time of Minecraft, let's me preview builds easier and has reset buttons.

872Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

HEY i'm lp-ing Thief Gold which is the first thief game "thief: the dark project" but was re released with patches. its the original game though and its from the 90's at least.
i think it was probably one of the first Totally stealth games in that you cant't realistically go barreling in sword drawn and take out all the guards as you steal stuff. Darkness is your ally you merely adapted to it and different floor types as well as speed of movement affect the sound you make while moving. you have gear which assists you.
its quite good for an old fart of a game so far. there are times when i don't know what to do or where to go since the MAPS FRICKEN SUCK. but those times are not long enough that i want to quit.
so that's basically my pre-reveiw after playing the first chapter of the game so far.
anyway if you'd like to watch me progress i'll linkify the playlist
Linky To Stealing stuff

873Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:54 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

YES I WANT TO GET THIEF GOLD SO MUCH
DO YOU LOVE IT
TACO REVIEW IT MORE IF YOU HAVE THE TIME PLEASE

874Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

I have the three thief games on my steam. I should try playing them some time.

875Video Games - Page 35 Empty Re: Video Games Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Tasha the Silly Panda

Tasha the Silly Panda

Someone just gifted me Torchlight II (no, it wasn't josh this time, he's been nice enough already :3). Damn guys, if people keep buying me games I'll never get anything done in real life. *Spends all night gaming instead of sleeping*
Thanks for restoring my faith in the niceness of strangers, random guy I hardly know!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum