Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question and Answers thread.

+5
Dog Breath
Tuomey
Gorgro
Packie
Hollyღ
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Question and Answers thread. Empty Question and Answers thread. Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Post your forum-related questions here to retrieve an answer.

Some useful links;

https://treehouse.forumotion.com/serious-f1/basic-forum-know-how-t38.htm
https://treehouse.forumotion.com/faq.htm

Question resolved.

Where would, if it was allowed, an Adult Thread be posted?

Last edited by Rare on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:14 am

Packie

Packie

I guess so, since this forum was apparently created under French law and I didn't see anything about adult topics being banned, so

VIVA LA DÉBAUCHE

(and I guess silliness thread)

3Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:36 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I would suggest in the serious category, actually. Seeing as it will be an adult thread with adult uses, it should be in a serious category with serious uses.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

4Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:03 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Indeed, I second Gorgro Coderaptor's idea.

5Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 am

Dog Breath

Dog Breath

Also mark NSFW content and use links to photos.

I like my job.

6Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I added two links to the my original post, one to the forum's FAQ page and a board I made detailing how to do things. Hopefully this helps a little. I figured if this forum gets bigger and more people join, it'd be nice to have some help threads up. I renamed this thread by the way.

7Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:13 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

The "log in whenever I visit" thing..
It does nothing!

8Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:55 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Forum settings are incompatible with bridge kings. Try an emulator.

9Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:23 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

No, seriously, why does this not work for me?
Have others been experiencing the same error?
Is the internet just fucking with me?

10Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:25 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Did you somehow keep the forum from using cookies? (maybe through your browser settings?)

I haven't had any problems, been logged in since i started the forum.

11Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:26 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

I didn't do anything to my cookies.
I never touch my browser settings.
The forum is being teh meanz =(

Zomfgzedit: Cookie is in the jar, I repeat, the cookie is in the jar.
No idea what the problem is.

12Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:29 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I have that too, I'm pretty sure it's a security thing, although I don't have any "deny/delete' cookie options checked. :l

If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you log in, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university cluster, etc.

That's all I could find on the issue, so I'm thinking it's a security issue with the computer.

EDIT;

Found this:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/49cf04e5-7467-4173-99c9-0aebd9d58bca

If you use IE that could be the problem.

What antivirus/internet security software are you running? Some of these programs take control of the passwords list in an attempt to secure it. There is a possibility that your security software is actually preventing the passwords from being stored correctly. You said that after you verified that the correct boxes were checked that it worked for 1 website. Was this a site that you had previously stored the password for or did you set the password to be remembered and it is functioning normally whenever you return to the site?

Click on the “Tools” button on the Menu Bar then click Internet Options. Click on the “Content” tab and then locate the “AutoComplete” heading, then click the “Settings” button. Make sure there is a checkmark in the box next to “User names and passwords on forms”. You can also choose the checkmark in the box next to “Ask me before saving passwords”.

I will try the last quote and see what happens.

Last edited by Rare on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total

13Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:31 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Also; similar features work for other sites on this computer.

14Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:36 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I've been looking at the administration options and the only thing i could find on the matter was the preset time before you're considered 'offline'

15Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:41 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I just noticed that was for IE, so if anyone has Internet Explorer, try the last quotes on my last post. I'm researching FF now.

Edit ;

It seems like most people with FF are having this problem. The first thing to do is check to see if you have cookies 'expire' at the end of each session. If not, then it looks like you'd have to go delete all cookies and see if that helped. There's another way, but it involves opening some folder, making a backup of a cookie agent and then deleting the agent, seeing if that helps? I've never heard of that, so I'm not going to try it.

Edit;

I cleared my cookies and then tried again and it worked. I would suggest writing all your passwords beforehand because clearing cookies often clears any autosaved passwords.

16Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:30 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Augh computers
augh

Why am I learning about them I don't even-

17Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

*Pat pat*

18Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 am

Packie

Packie

Am I the only one having problems with quoting on the forum?

19Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:03 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Yeah, sometimes the codes such as Quotes, Bold, Italics and Underline won't work. I noticed this since we messed with the CSS to afix the background, we'll try to fix it soon.

20Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:13 am

Packie

Packie

ok, Thanks for letting me know

21Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:30 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

No problem, sorry for the inconvenience. C:

22Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Alright I think I fixed the codes, let me know if things act up again!

23Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Bumping this for new members.

24Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Which ones?

25Question and Answers thread. Empty Re: Question and Answers thread. Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Jonny wrote:Which ones?

Well, Lala is one, and there have been a few members who have joined in the past but yet to post contact me asking questions, so this is just in case they decide they want to stay at the forum. Did you know most of them seem to have found us through the Archewood forums?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum