Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Katls' Server

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Katls' Server Empty Katls' Server Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:44 am

Katls

Katls

By the royal decree of Rare, all discussion of my upcomeing Minecraft Server is to be discussed here.
First order of buisness, the planned Laws of the Server.
1. All will be in survail, execpt the admin/OPs, city builders, and other specail permission situations, AT ALL TIMES.
2. Greifing will be treated specailly during certin times. The basic punishment of griefing is a fine/ in-game jail time. During times of war, small acts of greifing and cirtein large scale distruction situations are allowed, and what is difined as that is to be debated when the first war councle meets.
3. Intrusion into in-contruction areas without propper permision is punishable by in-game jailtime.
4. Robbing a merchent's chest is punishable by the stripping of all items on person and all on-person items will be put into the merchent's merchandice.
5. Robbing the Coin Train is punishable by a 3-day ban. Seriously, that gold is being sent to be converted for another person. Don't leave someone broke.
6.Merchents must follow guidelines that will be sent to them. Scams and cons will make you loose that privalige.
More to be added
Main areas:
Lectenna's Haven(city-state)
Government: Monarchy
Leader: Katls
Discribtion: This is where it all starts. Everyone starts here and this will be the first city built. This is where the full Laws of the Server will be stored. The city is still under mapping, and I need house designs as well(more on that will be said in a moment).

The Black Tower(neutral ground for international debates and the war councle)
Discribtion: Dispite it's age, this building has a surprizingly high level of electronics thoughout it, includeing the massive moniter in the meeting room to display maps and presentations.

The Ruins(dungon):
Once a powerful city carved into a mountain, a great war between it's origonal inhibitents and the monsters that infest it now left it in ruins. In it's heart, it's greatest riches remain for the boldest of explorers. Bring a good pickax for the ending loot.

The Oaken Plane(forest):
Discribtion: A forest that fills over half of the map. Various monsters lurk within, not all of them your standard mobs.

Our currency is in gold, the basic unit being a coin. The coin is not craftable, so you have to send it on the coin train located in every city to send to my palace to be converted into gold coins. The conversion fomula works in nuggets, but all of the higher concintarion of gold follows the same princabile
3 nuggets= 1 coin

New cities are built on land that is bought from me. The price for the land to build it is upwards of 7000 gold coins. Don't panic, there are a lot of ways to get that much gold, none of them quick though. Merchents, as rich as they are, will not be able to buy that land, just to keep the playing feild level.

Merchents willl be staitoned in cities only, no travelers. They will have almost unlimited money and acess to valuable resources, but they are more bound then then normal players, Their rules will be sent to them when they apply.

That's all I can say for the moment, I'm very busy at the moment.

2Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:30 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Sounds interesting, but enforcing punishment for rule breaking might be difficult. Even on the Treehouse server, it's hard to determine who did what unless that person confesses.

Also you might not want to make things so complicated, or needlessly hard. Why 7000 just to build? 50 percent of Minecraft is building. If you limit players to much they aren't going to want to join.

Why fence off certain areas? I'm 'evil' on the Treehouse server but I don't punish those that enter my castle. Save that for special days where PVP is enabled.

I understand you want to incorporate some roleplaying into the server but try to remember that hard or complex does not always equal good.

It feels like you found these rules on an experienced minecraft forum, or you wanted the server to have an 'elite and pro' type feel/play to it. But keep in mind not everyone plays that way. Especially on survival. You might get a few people joining only to quit a few days later because they experience things better and can do a lot more on a different server. The new experiences you bring to your server have to be enjoyable to keep people, is what I'm saying.

Also I would recommend Packie and Sam as assigned builders if they choose to join. Packie builds fast and Sam builds intricate.

3Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

if I join, can I build a fort in the sky w/out buying land? or do I have to buy land

4Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:26 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

I hope you'd have to buy the land, because all the land underneath the fort would be pretty much unusable.

5Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

semicolon wrote:I hope you'd have to buy the land, because all the land underneath the fort would be pretty much unusable.
unless if you have a lot of torches

6Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:02 am

Katls

Katls

I MIGHT let you do that Molten. I'll have to see.
Plus, how are you going to get your in-game internet if you're way up in the air? That wire would be exposed to a lot of things...

7Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Thu May 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Katls

Katls

Lady Rare wrote:Sounds interesting, but enforcing punishment for rule breaking might be difficult. Even on the Treehouse server, it's hard to determine who did what unless that person confesses.

Also you might not want to make things so complicated, or needlessly hard. Why 7000 just to build? 50 percent of Minecraft is building. If you limit players to much they aren't going to want to join.

Why fence off certain areas? I'm 'evil' on the Treehouse server but I don't punish those that enter my castle. Save that for special days where PVP is enabled.

I understand you want to incorporate some roleplaying into the server but try to remember that hard or complex does not always equal good.

It feels like you found these rules on an experienced minecraft forum, or you wanted the server to have an 'elite and pro' type feel/play to it. But keep in mind not everyone plays that way. Especially on survival. You might get a few people joining only to quit a few days later because they experience things better and can do a lot more on a different server. The new experiences you bring to your server have to be enjoyable to keep people, is what I'm saying.

Also I would recommend Packie and Sam as assigned builders if they choose to join. Packie builds fast and Sam builds intricate.
Alright Rare, I have reasons for a lot of this.
You can still build, just not cities. You could buy out enough land for a city, which is cheaper, but the bons that come with being a city owner(ie the capilty to own armies and have other custom NPCs at your disposal) and acess to some risticted zones(the reason for them being resticted is that they are under-construction areas that will have secrets when they are finnished) and reveiling of most of the server's secrets.
And this IS suposted to be a RPG sort of server. The creative mode stuff is for Sam. That is not the goal of this server. What I'm trying to combine the feel of a custom map, SMP, and a more realistic(-ish) game.
Now, regarding merchants. Would you perfer the NPC merchants? The ones I don't think you can even sell to? If I use them, it likly no body other then me will get a city, or likly even any decent-sized land? It's better if you add the player element to it.

Now, server progress update. I've been looking at a lot of mods for this server, and if all the mods I have and will have will work on multiplayer, it will be spectacular.
Also, a fair warning, if you see any statues out in the middle of nowhere, get out of there. These statues will be seen in cities on stone slabs, but don't worry about those ones. But don't let any power sorces get connected to them. I'd rather not have to clean up the mess and possibly dig you out of a hole. It'll be really bad if you do this during the night, it'll ruin the lights if not dealt with quickly.

8Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Thu May 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

No, see, I understand why you want what you do. I'm saying be careful when applying the actual methods to your server, because making it overly complicated will drive most people off. Not to mention something like that requires a lot of work on your part. You don't to bite off more then you can handle.

Not being pessimistic here, just giving some input. How far along is it so far?

9Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Thu May 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Katls

Katls

I still need to test all the planned mods, and once the server softwear is up, I'd love some mod beta testers to join. I'm trying to get a genral idea of how the mods will serve us, but there is still a ton of testing and designing to do.
I'll put up a notice when I start needing you guys. The beta testers will be rewarded in the end.
EDIT: Man, one of these mods is brutal. I aplaud the man who made it.
Can't tell you what it is yet, beta testers will know what I mean if this mod gets accepted, and it's likly to be so.

10Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 am

Katls

Katls

SERVER UPDATE!
I now have a resorce for playing music from my computer in-game, so if everything works correctly, the boss fights that you can have the server will have honest-to-goodness BOSS MUSIC!
I also have a sound editor now, so I can make extended versons of the boss themes for the fights.
I REALLY hope that this all works and that I can pull through with this.

11Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Sun May 06, 2012 10:51 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Will we need to download mods for all this to work?

12Katls' Server Empty Re: Katls' Server Sun May 06, 2012 10:51 am

Katls

Katls

No, it will be on my server, which will be on my computer, so I don't think so.
EDIT: Hold on, this might be a problem...
I'm afraid that how I might be able to bypass a few of the audio guards and useing them on the server might be ilegel for public use, which I think that the server might be counted as public.
The options might be extremely limited if so. I'll do what I can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum