Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Quest for Someguy's Sunglasses or Strike of the Beecat

+4
Tuomey
Katls
D-Munny
someguy3657
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 26]

someguy3657

someguy3657

As they were heading for the church, Charles' tired mind thought quickly. He had to stop her from finishing her transformation for about two hours. In two short hours, the planets will be aligned, and if she doesn't do the ceremony at that time, she loses her chance at becoming Goddess.

But how would he do that? He was trapped and weak without his sunglasses, and the Gods couldn't do anything because Rare was using this small town as protection. That made him hate Rare more than anything. Using innocent lives as a meat shield. That was cruel as much as it was pathetic.

Wait...the peoples around this village were fast asleep...but what if, quite suddenly, some 17 year old boy started screaming and making a ruckus in the streets? They would get out of bed to see what was going on...and Rare wouldn't be able to do her ceremony if the many peoples around here are trying to stop her.

That's what he had to do.

But his mind told him to be more careful. If he does it now, Rare's goons will get him before the first citizen wakes up.

He was going to have to find a way to put a small distance between him and them.

Tacoline

Tacoline

dewman practically dragged the tacobot away, who in turn was dragging AM away. getting back on track was not difficult, just long. they could easily follow heat trails left by the bees and beedrills, at least tacobot could. someguy was the only one walking, so he was the only one leaving footprints. and when the sky was dark with stormy clouds, it was difficult to see footprints.
AM felt worried for his friend, he knew someguy was smart, he would do everything he could to slow rare down so they could catch up. someguy could take care of himself, but in this case AM was still worried. in past events, someguy had been the one getting AM out of trouble, this was the first time that the tables were turned and he was rescuing his friend. what an odd predicament.
suddenly dewman stopped them. they had come to a small city, tacobot announced like a tour guide
"welcome to rocket landing, a quaint little town with kind people sitting on the edge of a lake. why not visit the museum or the amusement park? our lakeveiw hotel with surely give visitors a wonderful veiw." they looked at tacoline oddly. "well, that's what google says!"

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Gentle moonlight filtered through the trees, illuminating the ghostly town of Rocket Landing, and Rare often wondered if the description for helpless was created for towns like the one that now rested before her. Despite being several miles from the initial beecat battle zone that surrounded the mountain, it became clear that the town of Rocket Landing was wounded in the crossfires - the earth was pocked with impact craters of dead beecats and beedrills, and crumbling housing structures made eerie groans and growls as brick and wood fell apart to hard brick roads.

Rare didn't need to question how so many of her beecat army ended up laying dead across the town, resembling fleshy cannon balls. The torched bodies told her everything - they were thrown this far from the earlier explosions. Roofing collapsed completely on a small townhouse, filling the interior with concrete and dust debris. Rare motioned with her head, and two Beedrills fanned out towards the dilapidated buildings. Someguy winced, and stuggled once more against his captors.

"What are you doing?! Enough damage was caused to this town!"

"They are searching for survivors." Rare replied coldly. Her heart was racing once more, and despite the usual cool breeze from the surrounding ocean, she found her fur drenched with sweat. Her mouth was dry, and found it hard to swallow.

Someguy used the pause in their travels to sneak a glance up the trail - it curved upwards away from the actual town, and took a sharp bend around some steep mountain cliffs that blocked his sight from the rest of the path. He allowed his eyes to gaze upwards, where he thought he caught sight of the trail dipping in and out of view as it curved further up the mountain. A small black speck in the distance, perched at the edge of a precipice - was that the church?!

It was much further than two miles. Before he could estimate the actual distance, a stinger prodded him in the back, indicating they were moving again.

Tacoline

Tacoline

it took them some time to reach the city, dewman was making sure that they moved soundlessly, to his ears it was much to quiet here. the city had become collateral damage in the earlier fighting. a human bodylay still on the ground, after checking for enemies, dewman allowed AM to check thew vitals.
"he's dead, jim... i mean dewman." AM said in a resigned tone. "i wonder if anyone's left alive." a small moment of clarity from the awesome virus.
"i'll check!" despite the saddening look of the place the tacobot seemed unaffected. it's eyes switched color to a reddish hue as it checked for heat signatures.
"i doubt it." dewman said suddenly. "the people probably left here at the first sign of trouble, i don't see any other bodies either, this man may have been an accidental death. what we need to look for is someguy and rare, we tracked them here so they shouldn't be too far."
"there's fires, its messing with my thermal vision. PROBABLY THE DARNED CLOWNS SETTING FIRES AGAIN!"
"yeah DOWN WITH THE CLOWNS!" AM chimed in.
then they both began chanting. "we must destroy the clowns before they DESTROY US ALL. DESTROY US ALL. DESTROY US ALL."

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

"DESTROY US ALL...DESTROY US ALL...err...what was I saying again? Oh yeah! DESTROY US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

someguy3657

someguy3657

The walk to the church was long and tiring for Charles, who was already exhausted He felt like if he was about to collapse at any time, and each step he took towards the church was almost painful. But every time he slowed down for even a second, a sharp stinger prodded his in the back, urging him on. Finally, after what felt like ages, they made it to the front door of the church. It was locked, but, using her psychic powers, Rare easily opened it. As soon as everyone was inside, she closed it shut.

The inside was exactly what you'd expect a Catholic church to be like. Rows and rows of seats, paintings of the Lord on every wall, a beautiful mural on the ceiling, confessional booths for repentance in the corner, and a large podium at the front, followed by a large organ. It wasn't the first time that Charles had ever entered a church like this, even though he wasn't a Catholic. However, it seemed to be the first time for his guards, since they were looking all over the place in surprise and amazement, while keeping a stern eye on him, of course.

"Nice place to become a God, don't you think so, Charles?" asked Rare. Charles didn't respond, because his answer wouldn't be appropriate in a Holy Place such as this one.

--x--

"Are...are you sure this is a good idea, sir?" asked Palkia to Arceus. Dialga looked at Palkia and their master in silence. The God of Pokemons stopped and turned towards his two loyal servants. 

"I understand your reasoning, Palkia. But believe me when I say that I know what I'm doing, and Jehovah approved of this plan." The Gods of space and time both nodded. The three Gods concentrated hard, and all three of them teleported to an odd place.

This place was always shrouded in darkness, like an eternal night. Strange buildings were erected on floating chunks of land. There was some trees and grass on some chunks, but that seemed more out of place than anything, and seemed to give off a false hope of beauty in this grim place. Vast emptiness was what awaited anyone who fell off of the many chunks of rock. It looked a bit like Earth, but everything was strange and confusing. If you looked around, you could realize that some of the chunks of land were upside down, and there was grass, trees and even buildings built on those reversed chunks. But this was why Pokemons called this The Reverse World. Humans had another name for it: Hell.

It wasn't fire and brimstone as depicted by anyone with a picture of Hell, but it was still a miserable place where the evil souls suffered for their crimes. If you listened carefully, you could hear humans and Pokemons alike screaming and pleading. They weren't burning in a lake of fire, but they were forced to do manual labor, sometimes for a completely pointless reason. The criminals and the sinners were forced to pull heavy things, clean things that are hard to clean and get dirty almost instantly, and build massive, back-breaking structures that, most of the time, will get destroyed as soon as it is completed. If they had psychic or magical powers on Earth, they lose it here. The people doing these things never slept or ate anything, but they could still feel fatigue and hunger as they did their pointless work. And if any of them took a pause or even unwillingly collapsed under the pressure, they would get dragged off to feel horrible torture that would be lethal if they were still alive, or they would get sent into a giant maze that's next to impossible to find the exit to. But, since none of them could die a second time, they would work and suffer forever.

The three Gods looked around the strange dimension silently. They were so out of place in this area, and they were certain that 3 holy figures such as themselves would quickly get spotted in this unholy area.

Sure enough, a large, black circle appeared in front of Arceus, and from that circle rose an awful beast. 
A large, gray, black and red centipede-like body, with 6 stubby legs.  Three gold half-rings circle the back half of the beast's neck, resembling a ribcage. On its back are two large, black wings that are decorated with what look like red claws. The wings seem oddly out of place, due to the fact that it seems far too heavy to fly. The beast did a small, vicious looking smile at the guests as it spoke.

"Arceus! What a pleasant surprise!"

"Hello, Giratina." said the Almighty God. Giratina's smile widened a bit as she noticed who was behind Arceus.

"Oh! And you brought my dear brothers as well. How nice, it's been so long."

Palkia and Dialga frowned slightly at those words. Yes, they are related, but only because the three of them were created by Arceus at the same time. Other than that, they have nothing in common with...her. She and Lucifer were both banished into this realm for two reasons: first, they were violent and dangerous for no reason, and second, because they had plans to overthrow Arceus and Jehovah and become rulers. They both rule this awful place.

"Now then, what could little ol' me do for such...important guests?" she was choosing her words quite carefully. She wanted to look calm and relaxed when, in reality, she was seething with rage and hatred for the three standing in front of her. If it would've been only Arceus in front of her, she would've attacked first and talked later, but he had to come with his little puppets to protect him.

"We've come today to ask for your help, Giratina." Arceus said calmly.

"For what?"

"We have a little problem with a power hungry Mew on Earth. Knowing you enjoy violence, we'd like to ask you to take her out."

Giratina started to laugh.

"So...the two most powerful beings in the universe can't take care of one little Mew? And what makes you think I'd help you in any way?" she said.

"Because you'll be able to use some of your powers on Earth, and I know how much you crave for that." replied Arceus. Giratina smiled a bit. She couldn't deny this, it was true that she wished to exercise her powers on  something that could die. But working for the one being she hated above it all made her indecisive. 

"And what would I get for my troubles?" she asked.

"If you manage to kill her, you get her soul. But not like the other souls you have here. I will personally make sure that this Mew's soul is yours and yours only. You won't have to share it with Lucifer, and you will be allowed to do anything to her, and me and Jehovah will turn a blind eye to your actions."

This little deal interested Giratina. A little Mew, all to herself? That would be a fun little toy that she could get used to...

"Very well. I accept your little offer. But I do it my way, and you are not to interfere with what I do, understand?"

"You'll get rid of Rare, and then get rid of whatever you summoned instantly?"

"Of course!"

Arceus nodded, and closed his eyes a bit, lending the power to summon creatures on Earth to Giratina, and him and Giratina's brothers teleported out of the Reverse World.

Giratina chuckled a bit as she used her new powers to summon two ShadowBeasts to the Mew's location. The beasts would sent the soul of anyone it slays directly to her  She could see that the target was in a church in a little town.

And, what's this? She wasn't alone...a few Pokemons, and a human boy were with her...

Giratina's grin widened a bit more. Old Arceus didn't say anything about  a little...work bonus.

Last edited by someguy3657 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:08 am; edited 3 times in total

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

"This church was built in the early 1900's, but has been rebuilt to fit the modern appearance of churches. Isn't that interesting?" The mew was floating wistfully down the center aisle, voice full of wishful yearning with an edge of melancholy. Her paws left ghostly touches on the pews as she passed. There was little light being channeled into the church through the massive stain-glassed windows, and despite its beauty, the church looked as if it were standing on its last leg of hope.

Charles allowed his eyes to wonder across the room, where the painted image of a holy figure stood with his arms stretched outwards. It made everything else look and feel small - the main purpose of such a giant and imposing painting. The two guards next to him were in awe of the colors and symbolic imagery that filled the church, and Charles held his breath, watching the nearest beedrill through his working, non-swollen eye.

They had the right to be impressed, Charles supposed. The church wasn't small - fitted to seat roughly one thousand people, although at most the church ever saw was half of that. Stairs were hidden to the side of the front pew, winding in a corkscrew fashion upwards to the second floor.

"Look at her. Look upon your newest God." Melissa's ghost was radiate white in the Holy Place, her body nothing but white light filtering through the dust and mist that hovered in the church air. "There is very little time for you, Charles. In less than an hour the planets will align."

Suddenly she was gone.

...Graaawwwl...

"What's that?! Who's there?!" The largest beedrill guard aimed towards the nearest window with his left conical stinger, bright ruby eyes scanning frantically as lightening flashed through the stain-glasses, casting eerie shades of purples, reds, and blues.

"Sir, strong energy readings are coming in from the distance."

Tacoline

Tacoline

dewman, tacoline, and AM were walking through the streets of rocket landing. or perhaps what was rocket landing after the fighting that had happened it was barely standing. some stronger building still stood defiantly however. the party was at a loss of what to do, somehow they had to find rare and Charles, stop rare's master plan and save the world. simple right?
not so much.
they were lost, the city didnt seem large, but when you were looking for something and you can't find it then you are lost. tacobot kept running her thermal sensors but nothing was popping up that she could define as living instead of a fire. dewman finally came up with a plan. taking the high ground to survey anything of importance. he then looked for the best location and found a historic museum with a tower that would give them a good view.

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

"Yay! Museum!!" said AM

"We are not going to look at the object, we are just climbing the tower to have a better view." said Dewmann

"I'm not going up there! Too high for me!" said AM

"Anyway.........Let's go." said Dewmann

D-Munny

D-Munny

The three started finding their way into the museum, but the rubble from it being badly damaged made that a difficult task. Eventually, they ended up trying to find their way over the wreckage, before Dewmann started climbing his way up to the tower, while the other two stayed on the ground as lookouts.

Not a few minutes passed before Dewmann saw something suspicious. Through the dark of the night, he was still able to make out the silhouettes of a couple beedrills floating about, not far from the three's location.

He made his way bak down the rickety tower, dropping to the wreckage and caarefully making his way out of it, before motioning to Tacobot and AM to follow.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Rare didn't need to use her psychic powers to know that something had found her, and that it was easily staking out the church in a feverish manner. She had taken the time to travel far enough into the mountain before reaching out with her energy, but her precautions weren't enough to protect the location of the church and her ritual.

"Instructions on how to proceed? I don't have the instruction manual." The rugged beedrill who eyed the town during the battle with the dragon asked sarcastically, with an edge. His stingers yearning for blood.

He watched the younger guards glance wearily around the church, their eyes wide with fear and realization that they could easily impress their queen in their actions under the sudden, stressful and dangerous situation - but that they could just as easily die doing so.

There was little point in masking her true power now, as they were already detected and cornered inside the not-so-stronghold church. Burst of psychic waves painted the picture in Rare's mind's eye of the creature outside.

"Shadow beast." She muttered as the creature shuffled covertly in the underbrush, thin wisps of shadow floated breezily around his twisted demon body. "Property of Giratina."

"Giratina?" asked a rather nervous sounding beedrill.

She didn't answer, and instead, she turned to Charles, the only human on the property. "You three - guard Charles. He is not allowed to escape, or die. Make this your life mission. The rest, help me greet our new guest."

someguy3657

someguy3657

"Yes, My Queen!" The three Beedrills said as they flew over to Charles. They were eager to prove that they could follow orders perfectly. Charles had been sitting in one of the seats in the church, just letting his mind wander a bit. He had to find a way to stop the damn ceremony from happening. Sure, whatever the hell that was outside distracted Rare, but she’d obviously be back inside before the planets align. And then, it’s goodbye free human society, hello crazy Mew dictatorship.

Charles looked up at the three buzzing Pokemons flying in circles around him, like some airborne sharks. Those three little bastards were they only thing stopping him from getting reinforcements. But he had to find a way out. It was now or it was never. Rare and about a dozen Beedrills left to counter whatever was coming towards them, and the only peoples left in here were himself, the Riolu, the Chikorita, and the three Stooges.

He stood up and already had a stinger pointed to his face.

“And where are you going?” asked the Beedrill. Charles pushed the stinger away angrily.

“I’m going to stretch my legs around in this church a bit, do you mind?” he replied angrily, making sure to apply some weight into each word. Of course, that was only half the truth. He also wanted to see if he could find a way out that wasn’t the front door. If he could, all he’d need would be a distraction long enough to get him out.

He started walking, followed by the three guards. Murals and paintings of Jesus were everywhere. He stopped in front of one in particular: the crucifixion. Jesus giving his life to save mankind. It had been the only way. Charles kept looking up at the pictured Jesus slowly dying what he could only guess to be a very painful end. Would he have to do the same? Would he have to sacrifice himself to stop Rare? He was hoping the answer was no.

Charles walked a bit, and found a door saying “Personnel only”. He tried the doorknob. It wasn’t locked, and he saw a small corridor leading to other rooms. An emergency exit must be somewhere over there. That was going to be his way out. He closed the door, pretending to find nothing of interest so the Beedrills, who were still watching his every movements from different angles, would not be suspicious in the slightest.

He kept walking, and passed in front of the only two Pokemons in the church that wasn’t a bee. He stared at the Chikorita. She stared back. Why did she look so familiar? A thought of her being the same Chikorita he saved in a fire years ago crossed his mind yet again, but he chased it away. That Chikorita was somewhere else, and possibly a Bayleef by now. This Chikorita was a completely different one.

But then, how did Rare get possession of the bud? It could belong to the Chikorita right here.

No. It couldn’t be her. She would’ve never given Rare her bulb willingly. As much as Charles hated to say it, Rare must’ve killed off Ted’s Chikorita for the bulb. That just renewed his hatred for the Mew.

But he mustn’t think about that.

Right now, Charles concentrated on one thing, and one thing only: a distraction. He needed a distraction.

24 minutes until the planets were aligned.

A few years prior

Charles took care of the small Chikorita without anyone knowing about it. He placed her in a corner of the garage, and went out to give her food now and then. He tried different things, and she seemed to enjoy milk, along with fresh lettuce leaves and small berries. He didn’t want his family to know he was harbouring her, mainly because of the many questions. His sisters wouldn’t be able to keep quiet about having a real life Pokemon in their garage, and many peoples would come each day, asking to see it. The police and the press could even get into this story, and then, it would only be a matter of time before some men with white coats came over, requesting to take the Chikorita while showing a warrant saying they could. Then, they’d ask questions to Charles about how he got her and all, and if they found out about the sunglasses as well, Charles would lose anything linked to Ted. So, they met in secret, and, during the night, Charles would take her out for a small walk in the nearby school yard, where there was lots of grass for her to run around.

He had no idea who or what attacked Ted’s house, but he had a feeling it was for his sunglasses. So, he kept the glasses close to him at all times, in his pocket. He recently learned that the glasses seemed to be indestructible to things that most normal glasses would shatter to. Of course, he doubted they were really indestructible, since nothing is. They were extremely resistant, that’s for sure.

Charles kept a good eye on his Chikorita. Her middle bud seemed much bigger and brighter than the others, but he figured that it was the same for every Chikorita. She was growing at a surprising rate, and even started to talk a bit to him. It was amazing, really; barely a few months old, and already able to make full sentences in perfect English. Charles enjoyed the time they spent together. It was almost 3 months since the incident, and he enjoyed every single day of it in the company of his only friend. But he knew he couldn’t keep her. She was getting big, she ate larger portions, and his family was becoming more and more suspicious of his actions.

So, one night, Charles took his bicycle, and told the Chikorita to come along. She did, but she was sad, since she could guess what Charles was going to do. Charles, trying his best not to cry while driving his bike to the outskirts of Airdrie, talked with the Chikorita, saying that he wished there was another way. She nodded and responded, saying she understood. Once they arrived at a large, empty field, they hugged each other, told their goodbyes, and Charles dropped her on the ground. The Chikorita walked into the field, waving goodbye at Charles one last time before getting out of sight and going to find a new home somewhere. Charles stayed on his bike for a while longer, feeling like he could puke. He went back home, feeling like the biggest bastard in the world, and went back into bed, crying silently.

Last edited by someguy3657 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

D-Munny

D-Munny

Dewmann, Tacobot, and AwesomeMedic made their way through the dark of the ghost town. Everything was pretty eerie, despite the fact that Dewmann knew that they weren't the only ones in Rocket Landing. Just the fact that one day this town was a small, but active settlement, and the next day abandoned sent chills up his spine.

Even so, this didn't distract him from quietly moving in the direction of the two beedrills, who had gone out of sight, deeper towards the center of the town. Tacobot and AM thankfully understood to be quiet, although every so often, one of them would whisper to the other to keep an eye out for clowns.

The three found that, closer towards the town center, less and less buildings were crumbling. Dewmann figured that this was where the beedrills must have gone, and if the three weren't careful, they were likely to be spotted by scouts.

That is, unless they hadn't been spotted already.

Dewmann was shoved down by Tacobot, and, as he looked up wondering why she had done so, he saw a stinger where he had just been a fraction of a second earlier. He quickly got himself back onto his feet and jammed his knife into what looked to be the beedrills neck all while it was distracted by trying to fight off Tacobot and AM. It made a sickening gurgling noise, but was still silent enough in death as it slowly went limp.

"There may be more. Heads up!" Dewmann told the others, and they hastily made their way to a more defensible position in a small toolshed. Since there was only one way in, they didn't have to worry about being snuck up on.

From the shack, they could still see the corpse of the beedrill in the open space of the center of town. A group of four more beedrills on patrol came into view, and, when they saw the body, they immediatley split up, two going on a path that lead to the other side of town, the other two going to a church just several meters from the toolshed.

"One of those pairs almost certainly went to get reinforcements. We don't have much time. I dont' think that they'd keep those reinforcements all in one place though, like that church. Something big must be in there."

"Like the clowns!" Tacobot hissed, clenching her fist.

"They're a plague on our existance!" AM hissed back, also clenching his fist.
"Possibly." Dewmann played along to the others' theory, before laying out his plan. "We'll need to quickly find a way inside. There's bound to be more than just those two beedrills in the church, but for all we know, an army might be coming upon us from outside of town as we speak. Let's move!"

With that, Dewmann started quickly but quietly moving towards the church, along with Tacobot and AM staying close behind him.

15 minutes until the planets align.

Katls

Katls

The first shadow beast arived. Its first "step" brough it to a large sign that read "Welcome to Rocket Landing."
It glared at the town before it. It knew that at least one of it's targets would be there. It had the urge to distroy the town while also killing his targets. He would bow to the urge soon.
The second apeared closer to his targets, it was in Rocket Landing, next to the tool shed that Dewmann and co where hidding a few moments ago. It spotted them and hiss loudly as it began to persue them.

Tacoline

Tacoline

tacobot turned suddenly, a strange sound unlike the hissing of fire had caught its attention. it looked around, switching to thermal vision, but nothing seemed to move out of the ordinary fires that often burned throughout the city. AM whispered over his shoulder.
"hurry up tacobot, we need to save charles."
tacobot nodded and continued following it's friends. it couldn't shake the feeling that they were being followed. they had gone undiscovered last time, but it had still alerted the "Horde" of beedrills. they'd be looking for them.
they we in sight of the church, but they were greeted by a whole different sight than what they thought they'd see a black shadowy creature was standing against about a dozen beedrills and rare herself.
although they all wanted to watch, dewman urged them onwards, this was there chance to get in the church.
the front door was the battle field, they had to fins another way in. they also needed a plan.
"i think i remember this in assassin's creed... i think i can climb up the sides." tacobot offered.
"we need to make sure he's in there first off."
"heh, i just thought of us just storming the castle. we go all medieval on them and then realize, he's not even there!" AM chuckled at himself.
"that's the point, tacobot see if you can find someway to..." he looked over realizing that tacobot was no longer there.
it was busy finding small holes between stone bricks that made up the side of the church, ledges of artistic design to shimmy across, getting closer to a stained glass window.
"do you see him?" AM asked hopfully.
"yeah!"
"is he hurt?" dewman asked."
"nope. not so badly he can't walk anyway." it waved. "aww he can't see me." then it created a small knife, the others recognized it as a glass cutter. the android began to cut a hole large enough for it to reach its arm through.

someguy3657

someguy3657

Charles continued to walk around the church, completely unaware that his friends were just outside, trying to find a way to save him. Since he didn't know that, he took matters in his own hands. Still looking around, he found the perfect thing that would guarantee his escape.

He went over to a small stand where many candles were placed in neat rows. Some were small and thin while others were larger than an average mug. The whole thing was placed near a wall. He remember his father talking about said candles when they went to visit a Catholic church the other day; you pay a tithing, and light a candle, asking for blessings and repentance from your sins. The bigger your tithing, the bigger the candle, and therefore, the bigger your blessings. Some of the candles were lit, and were giving a nice glow.

Charles picked up the whole stand and brought it near the wooden podium for the priest, much to the surprise of everyone else. Taking one of the small wooden rods that were also on the stand, he took the flame from one of the candles and spread it to the others. He heard the buzzing of the beedrills as they came near him as he was doing so, and one of them asked:

"What are you doing?"

"Asking for repentance from some things I did in my past. You light a candle and pray to God and ask for forgiveness. I'm not gonna live to see tomorrow anyways, so I figured I'd repent myself." Charles' voice, much to his surprise, didn't shake or stutter as he told a straight lie that could very well kill him. He didn't stop lighting the candles while talking.

"And why did you place that thing here? Put it back!"

"I can't. This has to be done in front of the podium, otherwise it won't work. Once I'm done, I'll place it back in the spot where it was, I promise."

A beedrill wanted to intervene, but another one stopped him, and said: "Let him follow his silly belief. He can't try anything, we have him cornered. Nothing can go wrong."

I beg to differ, thought Charles as he lit the last candle.

10 minutes until the planets align.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

The shadow beast crawled alongside the southern church walls, where the roof was slowly caving to rain water and rotten wood. Small leaks of moonshine were creeping through the pocked holes, giving the corner of the church ghostly ambient effects.

Rare watched with peaked interest as Charles continued with his human ritual, her own ritual process flashing through her mind. The beast's wispy shadows were now visible through the cracks in the roof, and a sickly yellow eye now peered through the hole. His mouth stretched to an eerie, lopsided grin as he spotted Rare. The mew didn't give the satisfaction of showing fear or acknowledgment of the creature, and instead silently motioned to two beedrills that the creature arrived.

The honey scented Pokemon, sweet in smell but deadly in nature, nodded sharply as their leader gave the signal - a tiny finger on her paw raised. They slowly raised their eyes to see the creature, its head tilted as it attempted to see the entire room, which was virtually impossible - his eyesight barely allowed him to see the forms of his targets that were several yards away from him. The flickering of candles stood out the most, and he visibly squinted to repel the light.

"T-ten minutes until planet alignment." Marder's gruff announcement made Rare square her shoulders.

"Stop the Shadow Beast. I wish him to not live long enough to even enter the church." Rare's wishes were clearly ignored by any higher being as the Shadow Beast brought a large fist up and smashed it heavily down on the rotting portion of the church, sending wood and brick to fly into chaotic destruction. Rain began to pour into the church, and the scent of the storm took over the scent of burning candles.

Still, Rare remained calm.

--

"Did you hear that?" A Beedrill paused in her searches. Rocket Town was quiet, with only the sound of ghostly touches of rain to acknowledge its existence. The Beedrill raised the stinger that also doubled as her hand, and pointed it like a gun towards the wind-shifting foliage that bordered the town.

"Hear what." Another replied, feigning interest in his voice as he observed another decaying building. No life sources. They had only found handfuls of survivors, all in which evacuated the city as fast as they could.

"I swear I heard something, like a growl."

"There's nothing her-" but the beedrill was knocked through the air before he could finish as something unseen pounded its weight against the Pokemon. He crashed against a stone building, confused and bruised but otherwise okay.

"Watch out!" The female Beedrill shouted as the creature formed from shadows - Shadow Beast.

"Where the hell did this one come from?!" The male pushed himself off the building wall and took flight, dodging another onslaught from the creature.

--x-

"I sense another one in the town." Esbiate whispered to Chikorita, loud enough for Rare to hear as well. "We have troops stationed down there!"

"Lets hope they are in a better situation then we are." Rare muttered as the Church Shadow Beast jumped down from the roof and landed with a loud thud on the church floors. "For when the planets align, I only have an hour to preform the ritual before the window of opportunity is lost." Rare summoned the sunglasses with her powers, and placed them squarely before her eyes. "And I hate losing."

Katls

Katls

The male was lucky that the shadow beast saw the female as a better snack for it then him. It became a wisp and foced itself down the female beedrill's throat.
The female fell to the ground in pain. She vomited blood as the shadow beast contiued to devour her from the inside out. Her screams could be heard from far away.
Soon there was noughting left of the poor thing. The shadow beast turned to a house nearby. It took the form of a small bat a flew over to it.
It became a wisp again and when under to door. Inside it became freakishly deformed monster. The woman inside didn't stand a chance. The beedrilll watched through the window as the old woman was ripped apart and blood and organs splatted on the windows and walls.
He vomitted after it was over. Then he realized that the shadow beast was next to him already.
He died a brutal death.

Last edited by Katls Nalcrato on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total

D-Munny

D-Munny

Dewmann and AM immediatley burst through the church doors after hearing the commotion inside while Tacobot lept through the opening she had made in the window above. Several beedrills began attacking the beast, but not even that could take Dewmann's attention away from looking for Charles, who he spotted near the head, just as he ducked for cover from the skirmish playing out in the middle of the aisle. Rare wasn't far away, unfazed by the chaos ensuing.

someguy3657

someguy3657

The furious fight that broke into the middle of the church caught Charles completely off guard. He was expecting the fight to happen outside. He was expecting to have more time to finish his plan. But now, the horrible creature was inside. And it was fighting another horrible creature.

Charles went and hid under one of front row seats. The fight was terrible, with one of the beedrills being killed merely seconds after it starts. As Rare was charging for one of her more powerful attacks, he spotted his friends entering the church. Unfortunately, so did the Shadow beast, and it seemed to wonder which target to attack first, the one giving resistance or the easy meal that just entered. Both were targets he needed to kill anyways.

Charles then saw one last thing that gave him a small amount of courage. It was the painting he was watching a few minutes ago, the one of Jesus being crucified. Even if he knew his plan was going to get him killed, Jesus stuck by it. Charles needed to do the same thing...except without the death part, if possible.

He rolled out of his hideout and ran back to the tray of candles, which were still alight. He turned to his friends, who were staring at everything that was happening in shock, and screamed:

"Guys! Get out of here! Now!"

His screaming didn't just catch the attention of his friends, it caught the attention of everyone, including the beast. Charles quickly noticed his sunglasses on Rare's face, and almost had the crazy idea to abort his plan again to run and grab them. But he knew that it was a stupid idea, and his idea was much better.

He turned back to the candle tray and swiftly kicked it. As planned, it fell onto the old, wooden podium. The candles fell and broke, and their small flame became large, lighting the podium and slowly everything around of it.

And before everyone realized that the church was going to quickly burn to the ground in a matter of minutes, and that nothing could stop it, Charles was already rushing towards the hallway he saw earlier, hoping to quickly find an emergency exit.

Katls

Katls

The shadow beast in the church became a wisp and remormed right infront of Someguy as a giant spider. It clicked and hissed as it lunged for him. It missed, and Charles broke for it.
Then it stopped fooling around. It expanded and became a gagantic viper, one about as long as two city buses. It let out a bellowing roar and lunged for Charles again, fangs bared.

someguy3657

someguy3657

Charles turned while running to see a monstrous viper following close by, mouth wide open while it was chasing his prey. The boy applied more energy to his legs, running as fast as he could possibly go. When he reached the door saying "Personnel only", he barged through the door and quickly closed the door behind him. The beast tried to break down the door, but was then attacked by a beedrill. Deciding that he'll get the boy later, the viper lunged towards Rare and her army.

Charles, after closing the door, ran down the hallway. Looking in different rooms, most of them full of junk, he finally found what he was looking for: a red door with the words "Only open during an emergency". Well, the church burning down with an evil beast inside was an emergency in his book, so he ran through it. Then, he started running along the side of the church towards the front door, hoping to find his friends soon.

The fire quickly spread from the podium to everything around it, and soon, the whole front of the church was covered in a wall of flames.

D-Munny

D-Munny

Everything was happening rapidly, and Dewmann was frozen up for a few moments while he tried to think up a plan. His group had not yet been noticed as they ducked for cover behind a pew in the back of the church, just barely getting out of the way of a shadow beast crashing into the doorway.
All of a sudden, he heard Charles shout, "Guys! Get out of here! Now!" Dewmann looked over just in time to see Charles start a fire before running off deeper into the church.
"You guys get back outside so you can meet up with Charles if he gets out! I'm gonna follow him!" Dewmann shouted over the commotion to his companions, before sprinting to the front of the church, hugging the wall and hoping he'd be able to keep himself scarce. He nearly ended up impaling himself on the stingers of a beedrill, but was able to shove it out of the way, a little surprised by the amount of strength he had obtained under this kind of pressure. The beedrill crashed into the nearby row of pews, and while it was dazed, Dewmann kept going, moving closer to the quickly spreading flames.
The doorway Charles had gone into now had a few flames licking the sides, but Dewmann dove through without stopping. Any fear he had was replaced with determination. Even though his original mission to help Charles get his sunglasses back had now become something much more complicated, he still theorized that if they got the sunglasses back, then they'd be able to stop whatever Rare had planned.
Dewmann hadn’t gotten very far beyond the doorway however, before he crashed into a mangled beedrill that had been thrown towards him. He fell to the ground with the corpse on top of him, and as he was struggling to push it off and get back up, he finally noticed the shadow beast poised to strike.
Drawing his knife, Dewmann decided to take a chance, and was the first one to attack, lunging at the beast, knife aimed for an eye.

Last edited by Dewmann on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Katls

Katls

The shadow bee made a hole in it's head to allow the knife the go though his eye area without being hurt.
The shadow bee backed away for a moment to distence itself for its prey and the knife. Dewmann took the opertuity to scamble up and run.
The shadow bee struck a nearby bee that was about to attack him. It snapped the bee in half with its jaws.
He turned to face Rare, his most powerful target.

Last edited by Katls Nalcrato on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

At the front of the church, where all the beedrills were in offense and a few of them looked around frantically for orders to be given, Rare looked on in amazement as the Shadow Beast provided the perfect distraction for Charles's escape.

Pointing his stinger like it was his prized gun, Marder took aim at the beast and shot the needle point-blank, where it cut through the air and stabbed the beast in the throat. The viper threw his head around and bellowed, but before it could recognize the attacker, Marder grew another stinger and readied it for launch. The viper became vapor, and the stinger fell to the ground with a small clack.

Previously, the beast had plowed through the roof and parts of the walling of the church, and now, surprised by the sudden attack by something much smaller than himself, the beast existed through the yawning hole in the wall he had created earlier, materialized outside, and became solid once more. He glanced inside the church and let out another bellowing hiss before ramming the remaining church walls with his massive head.

"The fires spreading to fast, the church will collapse!" Esbiate shouted over the snakes anguished cries. "I can only buy so much time before the entire structure gives out!"

The shadow beast took aim and launch an attack with energy generating through his gaping mouth, but he was not use to attacking such diminutive sized targets - his blast landed near the Beedrill army, the shockwave sending two flying into the wall, but otherwise the Pokemon were to fast to be directly hit. The beast screamed in frustration and lunged inside the church's southern half, mouth open and fangs protruded.

Rare glanced at the raging flames behind her, and then it dawned on her.

"Awesome Medic, Tacobot! Lead the creature this way!" Her voice was filled with the authority and confidence of any leader. "Esbiate, I need you to concentrate this fire."

"But what will that-" Suddenly it dawned on him, too, for instantly he produced blue aura that wrapped around as much flames as he could hold, and soon the fire was trapped within the psychic sphere.

Rare took flight and positioned herself behind the Shadow Beast, that was now targeting herself, ready to strike.
She noticed Dewman didn't very far after his failed attack, and teleported quickly beside him.

"Dewman, we need to push it near the fire." Rare produced a gun, or more so, a blaster, that looked like it belonged to a robot more so than Pokemon or human. It attached to the arm, and had a round, glowing hole in the palm where energy was shot through. It was heavy, but effective. He looked up at Rare, and considered using it on her .. but the beast was towering over him, only momentarily pausing in his attacks to watch the scene before him.

"We need to produce enough light so that it overtakes his body and overwhelms him instantly, otherwise he will brush off our attacks and continue this charade. Understand what's happening now? Good, lets do this."

Last edited by Rare on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum