Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help with RPG avatar faces

+2
AwesomeMedic
someguy3657
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Need help with RPG avatar faces Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:57 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

I need help from anyone who's A) good with art, and B) has some time on their hand.

So, like you all probably saw on the video game thread, I bought an RPG maker on Steam during the Holiday sales, and I'm planning on using it to make an RPG starring some of the characters on our forum.

I can make the walking animation/in-game sprites by myself, no problem. What I'll need help with are the close up sprites of those characters, used in the inventory screen and cutscene dialogue, like so:

Need help with RPG avatar faces St9xF

They don't have to be this amazingly detailed and precise (although that would be awesome beyond words) but you get the basic idea

While the RPG maker does have a character generator screen, the option used for it are very limited, and the close up sprites show the face from the front instead of looking off to the right, and I don't want that.

Need help with RPG avatar faces FeatureAce5

And, like Taco said in the video game thread, it would be a million times more awesome if I could have multiple facial expressions with each face, which I could use in cutscenes to add more depth and detail to my game.

Need help with RPG avatar faces Ernest3

Since it's simply changing the eyes and mouth a bit, I could try drawing the facial expressions myself if you're too lazy to do it if you don't want to spend any more time than you already did with my project.

The characters I'd need ASAP for this would be:

-Myself
-AwesomeMedic
-Dewmann
-A Bayleef
-A Mew

I'll obviously need more people (Taco, Katls, any other forum member that wants to make a cameo in my game), but I don't want to ask any more out of this already pretty big order. So, if anyone could do these, I'd be very much obliged.

Also, I found this video while looking around the web. I tried it and shit doesn't work with me, but maybe it could make one of you guy's job a lot easier.

Thanks, guys

2Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:51 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

well for the pokemons you can always use the face up from Pokemon mystery dungeon.

3Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:25 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

it might be a day or so, but i have a tablet to help me in my quest of helping charles in his quest!
um, the only thing that i need is what each character's sprite looks like. charles posted his character but idk what medic's, dewman's, and katls would look like.
i know what i look like and i know the pokemon so i got thos covered i think. 
and you don't need to use my stuff either, if someone else would like to draw someone thats ok with me as well.

4Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

asdfghjk

5Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

sry for some reason it wasn't letting me post.
but anyway i lost the stylus for my drawing tablet.
its just a drawing tablet, not like a computer tablet. but without a stylus i can't draw on it. so i'm hoping that if i buy a stylus then it'll still work. but at any rate my drawing has been delayed as a result of this.

6Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:30 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

No worries. How much does a stylus cost?

7Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

someguy3657 wrote:No worries. How much does a stylus cost?
about $30 with free shipping. which means it'll be here in a little over a week :/
i found the same kind of stylus that my tablet came with so i kno it'll work

8Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:44 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Damn. I feel kinda bad at making you pay money for this

9Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:39 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

someguy3657 wrote:Damn. I feel kinda bad at making you pay money for this
i was going to have to buy a new one anyway since i can't find the other stylus

10Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

my emotion faces are going to be rather easy. Only the part with my normal face will need some work.

11Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:18 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

AwesomeMedic wrote:my emotion faces are going to be rather easy. Only the part with my normal face will need some work.
my imagination of your expressions was literally going to be the yellow face with cartoonish emoticons pasted over it.

12Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:19 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

13Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

Need help with RPG avatar faces Awesom10

I WANT THAT ONE SO BAD!

14Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:30 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

AwesomeMedic wrote:Need help with RPG avatar faces Awesom10

I WANT THAT ONE SO BAD!
MEDIC'S DEFAULT FACE PROFILE
DONE

15Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm

Katls

Katls

Whenever we figure out what my character would look like, I wouldn't expect too much would have to be done with my appearance (i.e. my facial expression), especially if I end up being a rouge/thief character and extremely so if I'm not part of the main party and end up being a boss or something.
Also, sorry for not being more involved recently, I've been working out this stupid thing called life. It's such a hassle, you know?

16Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:26 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Tacoline wrote:

I WANT THAT ONE SO BAD!
DONE

YES PERFECT

I CAN TOTALLY SEE THE PLAYER OPENING UP THE MENU AND SEEING THAT FACE ALONGSIDE THE OTHER MORE SERIOUS ONES

BUT STILL GIVE HIM HIS DEFAULT AWESOME FACE ALONG WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER EMOTIONS

NOT JUST HIS ORGASM FACE

17Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:38 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Katls wrote:Whenever we figure out what my character would look like, I wouldn't expect too much would have to be done with my appearance (i.e. my facial expression), especially if I end up being a rouge/thief character and extremely so if I'm not part of the main party and end up being a boss or something.
Also, sorry for not being more involved recently, I've been working out this stupid thing called life. It's such a hassle, you know?

Hey Katls

Something like this, perhaps?

Need help with RPG avatar faces N1qg77

Only, with maybe a big, rogue like cloak on his body.

And don't sweat it about that stupid thing called life. We all have to deal with its shit

18Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:50 pm

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

someguy3657 wrote:
Tacoline wrote:

I WANT THAT ONE SO BAD!
DONE

YES PERFECT

I CAN TOTALLY SEE THE PLAYER OPENING UP THE MENU AND SEEING THAT FACE ALONGSIDE THE OTHER MORE SERIOUS ONES

BUT STILL GIVE HIM HIS DEFAULT AWESOME FACE ALONG WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER EMOTIONS

NOT JUST HIS ORGASM FACE

YES

THIS IS MY FACE IN THE MENU!

19Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Katls

Katls

someguy3657 wrote:
Katls wrote:Whenever we figure out what my character would look like, I wouldn't expect too much would have to be done with my appearance (i.e. my facial expression), especially if I end up being a rouge/thief character and extremely so if I'm not part of the main party and end up being a boss or something.

Hey Katls

Something like this, perhaps?

Need help with RPG avatar faces N1qg77

Only, with maybe a big, rogue like cloak on his body.

And don't sweat it about that stupid thing called life. We all have to deal with its shit
That looks alright.

20Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:00 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

so, i got my pen and i can start drawing soon.
i have a couple of questions tho. 
is this going to be a turn based battle rpg thing? or is it more like an adventure thing?
as in, will there be leveling up? final fantasy battle style finishing moves? 
or an adventure thing which wouldn't have battles but mostly puzzle solving?

just asking because if its like final fantasy turn based thing then i could do artwork for special moves and whatnot as well

21Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:15 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

It's gonna be a bit of a mix of both. The fighting will be turn based and somewhat similar to FF, but there will also be puzzles to solve and keys to find on the maps

22Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

OK. i had this idea involving your character charles. like when he uses an ultimate move i thought of a cool pose he could do. so i was just wonderin.
and if by chance you happen to have specific ideas for anything. let me kno

23Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:24 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

Let's just start with the character menu faces and different facial expressions for them first, thanks

24Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Have you tried adapting Street Fighter II portraits?

Need help with RPG avatar faces Ryu434Need help with RPG avatar faces Ryu575

Or maybe from SvC Chaos?
Need help with RPG avatar faces RyueNeed help with RPG avatar faces RyuiNeed help with RPG avatar faces RyuioNeed help with RPG avatar faces RyuqNeed help with RPG avatar faces RyurNeed help with RPG avatar faces RyutNeed help with RPG avatar faces Ryuw

[]

http://www.jttheninja.com

25Need help with RPG avatar faces Empty Re: Need help with RPG avatar faces Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:10 am

Tacoline

Tacoline

Need help with RPG avatar faces Charle10

started working on the default face, i'll ad color next.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next