Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scarelovers ho!

+18
Top Hat Zebra
SQUIGGLES
AwesomeMedic
Travelcube
JT_the_Ninja
Bowen
Packie
someguy3657
Ziggles
Angua
Katls
Tacoline
Tuomey
Samiam
Gorgro
Hollyღ
Jonny
D-Munny
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1Scarelovers ho! Empty Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:34 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

A thread for all creepy material. Anything unnerving you can find.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE PICTURES/.GIFS, ONLY LINK THEM AND MAKE SURE YOU PUT UP A DISCLAIMER, FOR THE SAKE OF THE FAINT HEARTED (Read: Me)

Why am I, a faint hearted guy, making a creepy thread? Because I can't resist the stories and a lot of the videos.

Skyshale033
Subject: Candle Cove local kid’s show?
Does anyone remember this kid’s show? It was called Candle Cove and I must have been 6 or 7. I never found reference to it anywhere so I think it was on a local station around 1971 or 1972. I lived in Ironton at the time. I don’t remember which station, but I do remember it was on at a weird time, like 4:00 PM.

mike_painter65
Subject: Re: Candle Cove local kid’s show?
it seems really familiar to me…..i grew up outside of ashland and was 9 yrs old in 72. candle cove…was it about pirates? i remember a pirate marionete at the mouth of a cave talking to a little girl

Skyshale033
YES! Okay I’m not crazy! I remember Pirate Percy. I was always kind of scared of him. He looked like he was built from parts of other dolls, real low-budget. His head was an old porcelain baby doll, looked like an antique that didn’t belong on the body. I don’t remember what station this was! I don’t think it was WTSF though.

Jaren_2005
Sorry to ressurect this old thread but I know exactly what show you mean, Skyshale. I think Candle Cove ran for only a couple months in ‘71, not ‘72. I was 12 and I watched it a few times with my brother. It was channel 58, whatever station that was. My mom would let me switch to it after the news. Let me see what I remember.

It took place in Candle cove, and it was about a little girl who imagined herself to be friends with pirates. The pirate ship was called the Laughingstock, and Pirate Percy wasn’t a very good pirate because he got scared too easily. And there was calliope music constantly playing. Don’t remember the girl’s name. Janice or Jade or something. Think it was Janice.

Skyshale033
Thank you Jaren!!! Memories flooded back when you mentioned the Laughingstock and channel 58. I remember the bow of the ship was a wooden smiling face, with the lower jaw submerged. It looked like it was swallowing the sea and it had that awful Ed Wynn voice and laugh. I especially remember how jarring it was when they switched from the wooden/plastic model, to the foam puppet version of the head that talked.

mike_painter65
ha ha i remember now too. do you remember this part skyshale: “you have…to go…INSIDE.”

Skyshale033
Ugh mike, I got a chill reading that. Yes I remember. That’s what the ship always told Percy when there was a spooky place he had to go in, like a cave or a dark room where the treasure was. And the camera would push in on Laughingstock’s face with each pause. YOU HAVE… TO GO… INSIDE. With his two eyes askew and that flopping foam jaw and the fishing line that opened and closed it. Ugh. It just looked so cheap and awful.
You guys remember the villain? He had a face that was just a handlebar mustache above really tall, narrow teeth.

kevin_hart
i honestly, honestly thought the villain was pirate percy. i was about 5 when this show was on. nightmare fuel.

Jaren_2005
That wasn’t the villain, the puppet with the mustache. That was the villain’s sidekick, Horace Horrible. He had a monocle too, but it was on top of the mustache. I used to think that meant he had only one eye.

But yeah, the villain was another marionette. The Skin-Taker. I can’t believe what they let us watch back then.

kevin_hart
jesus h. christ, the skin taker. what kind of a kids show were we watching? i seriously could not look at the screen when the skin taker showed up. he just descended out of nowhere on his strings, just a dirty skeleton wearing that brown top hat and cape. and his glass eyes that were too big for his skull. christ almighty.

Skyshale033
Wasn’t his top hat and cloak all sewn up crazily? Was that supposed to be children’s skin??

mike_painter65
yeah i think so. rememer his mouth didn’t open and close, his jaw just slid back and foth. i remember the little girl said “why does your mouth move like that” and the skin-taker didn’t look at the girl but at the camera and said “TO GRIND YOUR SKIN”

Skyshale033
I’m so relieved that other people remember this terrible show!

I used to have this awful memory, a bad dream I had where the opening jingle ended, the show faded in from black, and all the characters were there, but the camera was just cutting to each of their faces, and they were just screaming, and the puppets and marionettes were flailing spastically, and just all screaming, screaming. The girl was just moaning and crying like she had been through hours of this. I woke up many times from that nightmare. I used to wet the bed when I had it.

kevin_hart
i don’t think that was a dream. i remember that. i remember that was an episode.

Skyshale033
No no no, not possible. There was no plot or anything, I mean literally just standing in place crying and screaming for the whole show.

kevin_hart
maybe i’m manufacturing the memory because you said that, but i swear to god i remember seeing what you described. they just screamed.

Jaren_2005
Oh God. Yes. The little girl, Janice, I remember seeing her shake. And the Skin-Taker screaming through his gnashing teeth, his jaw careening so wildly I thought it would come off its wire hinges. I turned it off and it was the last time I watched. I ran to tell my brother and we didn’t have the courage to turn it back on.

mike_painter65
i visited my mom today at the nursing home. i asked her about when i was littel in the early 70s, when i was 8 or 9 and if she remebered a kid’s show, candle cove. she said she was suprised i could remember that and i asked why, and she said “because i used to think it was so strange that you said ‘i’m gona go watch candle cove now mom’ and then you would tune the tv to static and juts watch dead air for 30 minutes. you had a big imagination with your little pirate show.”

Last edited by Dewmann on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

2Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:35 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Well, for creepy pictures your avatar is a good start.

3Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:35 am

Jonny wrote:Well, for creepy pictures your avatar is a good start.

RAEP FAIC >:D

4Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:39 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I love these boards. I'm going to spam my favorite stories. I'll start with my favorite creepy story.

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there.

She told him that no one should look inside the room, under any circumstances. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed.

The next night he felt drawn to the room. He ignored temptation and went straight to his room. However, by the next day, his curiosity would not leave him alone about the room with no number on the door.

He walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye. What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was completely white.

She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while. He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. This disinclination saved his life.

He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red. He felt guilty for spying on them, and decided to leave the room alone once and for all.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She sighed and said, "Did you look through the keyhole?" The man told her that he had and she said, "Well, I might as well tell you the story. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in that room, and her ghost haunts it. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red."

Last edited by Rare on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

5Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:51 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

All mirrors are actually windows to another world.
This world cannot be reached, and shouldn't be reached, as all our mirror-selves are extremely malicious.
Try watching the edge of the mirror after sneaking into a room.
If you're good enough, you can see your reflection, pressing against the glass.

The images we see in the mirror are the pure incarnates of evil. They are only allowed to exist in the area reflected in the glass. To them, life is like a never-ending hell, rotting away in the same room day after day. The only release from this purgatory is death, and the only way for them to die, sad to say, is if YOU die.

Fortunately, they are bound by a code. You are their master, and they must mirror your every movement and expression. To do otherwise would break an unbreakable law, unraveling the space-time continuum. However, there is a loophole, and it can only be triggered by you, the master.

To force them into error is to free them from their contract; after you let them out of your view, you're on your own. Know this: when you watch them, they're watching you back. They're watching. And they're thinking.

6Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Taco should love this story.

A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children.

Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn't watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn't want children watching too much garbage).

So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent's room. Of course, the parents said it was ok, but the babysitter had one final request... she asked if she could cover up the clown statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, at the very least close the blinds, because it made her nervous.

The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, "Take the children and get out of the house... we will call the police. We don't have a clown statue."

The police found all three of the house occupants dead within three minutes of the call. No clown statue was ever found.

7Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:03 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

A few months ago a friend of mine, who is an up-and-coming nature photographer, decided to spend a day and night alone in the woods outside of our town. She wanted to get photos of the woods and wildlife as naturally as she could for her portfolio. She wasn’t afraid of being alone, as she had camped by herself many times before. She set up a tent in the middle of a small clearing and spent the day taking pictures. She filled up four rolls of film on that trip, but when she went and got them developed she saw four pictures that unsettled her, these four pictures were taken from inside the tent, of her, asleep in the middle of the night.

8Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:04 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

During a wedding reception of a young couple the guests decided on a drunken game of hide and seek. It was decided that the groom was “it” and he eventually found everyone but his new bride. Eventually the man became furious and decided it wasn’t funny anymore and left her there.

As weeks went by he accepted that she’d had second thoughts and went on with her life so he did the same. A few years later a cleaning lady dusted off an old trunk in the attic of the building where the reception had taken place, out of curiosity she opened it.

Inside the trunk was the rotted body of the missing bride who’d apparently became locked in the trunk she’d hid in. Whether she’d suffocated or starved was unknown, but her face was frozen in a scream and there were huge scratches in the inside of the trunk where she had tried to get back to the man she loved.

9Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:07 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

There was a couple from Texas who was planning a weekend trip across the Mexican border for a shopping spree. At the last minute, their baby-sitter canceled, so they had to bring along their two year old son with them. They had been across the border for an hour when the boy got free and ran around the corner. The mother tried to find him, but he was missing. The mother found a citizen and explained her son was gone. He then told her to go to the gate and wait.

About 45 minutes later, a different man approached the border, carrying the boy. The mother ran to him, grateful that he had been found. When the man realized it was the boy's mother, he dropped him and ran. The police were waiting for him. The boy was dead, and in the 45 minutes he was missing, he had been cut open, all of his organs removed, and stuffed with bags of cocaine. The man was going to carry him across the border as if he were asleep.

Last edited by Rare on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

10Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:08 am

Stop posting these! I've wet myself 3 times somehow! I wasn't even drawn a 'Snoopingas usual!'

11Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

12Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:13 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

One afternoon, a couple was traveling on by car when at a far distance they saw a woman in the middle of the road, waving frantically.

The wife told her husband to keep on driving because it might be too dangerous, but the husband decided to pass by slowly. As they got closer, they noticed a woman with cuts and bruises on her face as well as on her arms. They then decide to stop and see if they could be of any help.

The cut and bruised woman was begging for help, telling them that she had been in a car accident and that her husband and son, a new born baby, were still inside the car which was in a deep ditch. She told them that the husband was already dead but that her baby seemed to still be alive.

The husband that was traveling decided to get down and try to rescue the baby and he asked the hurt woman to stay with his wife inside the their car. When he got down he noticed the husband, who was clearly dead.

He carefully took out the baby and got up to take the baby to it’s mother. When he got up, he didn’t see the mother anywhere so he asked his wife where she had gone. She told him that the woman followed him back to the crashed car.

When the husband went back to look for her, he noticed that clearly a couple in the front seats were dead, one of whom was unmistakeably the woman who had flagged them down.

13Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:19 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Rare wrote:All mirrors are actually windows to another world.
This world cannot be reached, and shouldn't be reached, as all our mirror-selves are extremely malicious.
Try watching the edge of the mirror after sneaking into a room.
If you're good enough, you can see your reflection, pressing against the glass.

The images we see in the mirror are the pure incarnates of evil. They are only allowed to exist in the area reflected in the glass. To them, life is like a never-ending hell, rotting away in the same room day after day. The only release from this purgatory is death, and the only way for them to die, sad to say, is if YOU die.

Fortunately, they are bound by a code. You are their master, and they must mirror your every movement and expression. To do otherwise would break an unbreakable law, unraveling the space-time continuum. However, there is a loophole, and it can only be triggered by you, the master.

To force them into error is to free them from their contract; after you let them out of your view, you're on your own. Know this: when you watch them, they're watching you back. They're watching. And they're thinking.

This would make a KILLER Doctor Who episode.

Also, if your reflection is literally that in every sense of the word, is Hitler's the saviour of the world's kitten and orphan population?

14Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

The next time you're alone in your room, turn down the lights. Think of something on your body that varies in length, such as hair. It must be clearly viewable from your perspective. Grab a ruler and, looking in the mirror, quickly grab a hair at random; you must confuse it. Hold it in position as best you can and note the length. Look down. Yours will be different.

Don't look back up.

Don't turn your back to that mirror ever again.

15Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:26 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Kinda a silly one-

On your 33rd birthday, go to your local gas station and pick up the newspaper. The classified ads will have a small segment commemorating your birth and asking you to turn around. Upon looking behind you, a man dressed in a black cloak will be advancing in your direction. If you choose to run away, he will hunt you for the rest of your life, eventually killing you. However, if you await his arrival and show no intent of fleeing, he will give you a small package. Inside, you shall find the object you most desire.

16Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Dammit Rare! How did you know mirrors terrify me? Not as much as half-reflections in windows at night though, those are some badass serial killer reflections right there.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

17Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:30 am

Samiam

Samiam

You want to know what is really scary?

This is the first year that social security will pay out more than it takes in, its all down hill from now on.

Last edited by Samiam on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

18Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:30 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Have you ever heard the expression "an apple a day keeps the Doctor away?" Most assume, with no reason to think otherwise, that it is simply an easy-to-remember rhyme that stresses the importance of eating healthily to young children. But the saying did not originate as a harmless reminder. It was born in a frontier town in the early years of the gold rush, where food was scarce and money even scarcer.

One August, when a bad drought had struck the region, a series of bloody killings swept through the town. Every night, a single house would be broken into, and anyone who saw the invader would be swiftly, brutally slain. Nothing was ever stolen, save for a few scraps of food.

After two weeks of this, the local grocer set out a few apples and a glass of milk in the town square overnight. He then hid in the tower of the church, hoping to catch a glimpse of anyone who came by.

Fighting fatigue, the grocer waited for any sign of life below. Just after midnight, he was rewarded by a chilling sight; a man, carrying a black bag stuffed with dully shining metal tools and covered from head to foot in cloth bandages, staggered into view. He paused at the sight of the apples and milk, and then whipped his head around, as if looking for the one who dared to patronize him. Seized with fear, the grocer ducked out of sight, staying hidden 'til sunrise.

The strange man had only taken one of the apples, and didn't even touch the glass of milk. No houses were broken into, and no one was killed. For decades, the town continued to place out an apple or two every night, even long after a single apple stopped disappearing.

---x-

This is actually based on a true story. I can't remember the correct time period, but food WAS scarce, and many food-related crimes became common in small, poor towns.

19Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:31 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Gorgro wrote:Dammit Rare! How did you know mirrors terrify me? Not as much as half-reflections in windows at night though, those are some badass serial killer reflections right there.

Because everyone's terrified of mirrors. D:

20Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:33 am

Samiam

Samiam

Rare wrote:
Gorgro wrote:Dammit Rare! How did you know mirrors terrify me? Not as much as half-reflections in windows at night though, those are some badass serial killer reflections right there.

Because everyone's terrified of mirrors. D:

This is why

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5257969119994776692

You can't link google vids it seems.

21Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:34 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Every time you read something scary in this thread, a ghost shows up right behind you, but you can't look behind you now because that'll really piss him off and he'll get you next time you turn off the lights!

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

22Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:47 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

In rural southern Illinois a toy company began selling "realistic" baby dolls to expectant mothers. But apparently after the mother had her child the toy baby would start crying.

Eventually the "rocking motion" advertised to calm it down wouldn't work, and you couldn't get it to stop without shaking it. Eventually when it started crying the parent would have to beat it, and the beatings and thrashings would have to get harder and harder to get it to be quiet.

The only thing that seemed to shut the baby doll up permanently was the bash its head against the wall to destroy whatever mechanism triggered the crying. On more than one occasion though, neighbors called the authorities to report child abuse, and when the police arrived they found the bloody remains of infants smeared across the walls and the floor.

In most cases the mother couldn't understand why the police were there, she just "got rid of the stupid doll" as she rocked a baby-shaped bundle in her arms.

23Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:48 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

A recent study by the National Psychiatric Institute in Boston, MA, concluded that no activity can account for the phenomenon known as nightmares.

Whereas many dreams come from unconscious desires, most nightmares seem to come from an outside source independent of the individual.

In fact, when subjects are asked to recall nightmares they are almost always found in the same memory section as actual physical memories, not the section where normal dreams are replayed.

24Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:49 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I live in the UK. A colleague at work heard this from her boyfriend. He works with someone who said that his sister's friend got the last tube (subway train) home a couple of weeks ago. When she got on there were 5 rows of seats empty but the last row had three people sitting in them. As she was a little afraid, she went and sat opposite these people. She settled down and looked up to see the woman sitting opposite her really staring at her.

So she got out her book and started to read but every time she looked up the woman was still staring. The train pulled into the next station and a man got on. He looked up and down the carriage, took a look at her and the people opposite her and came and sat next to her. As the train left the station the man leaned back and said quietly in her ear "If you know what's good for you, you'll get off at the next station with me". She was scared but thought the best idea would be to get off at the next station as he asked as there might be people around.

The next stop comes up and she leaves the train with this man. The man says "Thank God, I didn't mean to scare you but I had to get you off that train. I'm a doctor and the woman sitting opposite you was dead and the two men either side were propping her up". According to the guy who told this story, the girl and the doctor called the police who stopped the train at the next station. .

25Scarelovers ho! Empty Re: Scarelovers ho! Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:51 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum