Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riddle Thread

+12
Katls
D-Munny
Packie
Jonny
Gorgro
Bowen
Moltenfield
Travelcube
Tuomey
JT_the_Ninja
someguy3657
Hollyღ
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

This puzzzle contains three errers - can you find them?

EDIT: Sorry for cutting you off Rare

27Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Moltenfield wrote:This puzzzle contains three errers - can you find them?

EDIT: Sorry for cutting you off Rare

It's okay! I've heard your riddle before but wont post the answer. There would be no fun in that. P:

28Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Rarebug wrote:Wait what was it? Also I have a riddle, will post it soon! This one is more of a situational riddle. This one might also be easy.

A woman comes home from shopping and enters her house. When passing the living room, she gazes lovingly at her dead husband before getting ready for guests to arrive. When her guests, normal average people from the neighborhood arrive, there is no cause of alarm for the dead husband in the living room, where the party is taking place. Why is this?

It was a splinter. I assume that was what you were asking about.

As for your riddle, it's a wake/funeral I assume.

29Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

Rarebug wrote:Wait what was it? Also I have a riddle, will post it soon! This one is more of a situational riddle. This one might also be easy.

A woman comes home from shopping and enters her house. When passing the living room, she gazes lovingly at her dead husband before getting ready for guests to arrive. When her guests, normal average people from the neighborhood arrive, there is no cause of alarm for the dead husband in the living room, where the party is taking place. Why is this?

Is it a funeral?

30Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

You two got it!

31Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

The Pope has it but he does not use it. Your father has it but your mother uses it. Nuns do not need it. Your sister's husband has it and she uses it. What is it?

32Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I'm going to assume the answer is not something dirty?

33Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

Rarebug wrote:I'm going to assume the answer is not something dirty?

Yes it is not dirty

34Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:54 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

It obviously has something to do with marriage...Something the pope has but dosen't use and nuns dont even need it...your father has it but your mother uses it?

..hrmm...

35Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

Rarebug wrote:It obviously has something to do with marriage...Something the pope has but dosen't use and nuns dont even need it...your father has it but your mother uses it?

..hrmm...

Right direction

36Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:01 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Moltenfield wrote:The Pope has it but he does not use it. Your father has it but your mother uses it. Nuns do not need it. Your sister's husband has it and she uses it. What is it?
Is it money?

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

37Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:34 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Moltenfield wrote:The Pope has it but he does not use it. Your father has it but your mother uses it. Nuns do not need it. Your sister's husband has it and she uses it. What is it?

It's a last name...

And Rare, I would've guessed that it was a picture of her dead husband, but a wake works too, I guess...

and nobody's guessed my riddle yet? Really? Wow. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

38Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:11 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Gorgro wrote:
Is it money?

hahahaahHAHAHAHAHA. All my hats, tipped to you sir. I think JT got it though, it's the last name.

@JT - 2me guessed Volcano but I guess that's not it. Is it mythical or something real?

39Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:16 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

It's something real, but not a volcano. []

40Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:45 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

JT_the_Ninja wrote:

It's a last name...

And Rare, I would've guessed that it was a picture of her dead husband, but a wake works too, I guess...

and nobody's guessed my riddle yet? Really? Wow. []

JT got it

41Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:05 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

In one of the rooms in AwesomeMedic's lab, there's three large encyclopedias, each about 2000 pages long, containing all sorts of old cures for diseases that may or may not work (it was written in the Dark Ages, after all). It's placed on a bookshelf in order (the first on the left, the last on the right).

While AM was busy with a patient, one of Rare's saboteurs slipped into the room and got to work on those encyclopedias. He burrowed a small hole going cover to cover through all three of the books, and filled those three little tunnels with a special brand of gunpowder, created in Rare's labs. On the very last page of the third encyclopedia, he placed a flat, but very powerful bomb, able to take out anything - and anyone - unfortunate enough to be in the room when it goes off. The gunpowder was tested often, and it was proven that, for the amount of gunpowder found in the books, the fuse would travel through one of the books in exactly a minute.

The saboteur picked up the first book and lit the gunpowder on the first page before putting it back in the bookshelf. The flame would go through the first book, and, thanks to the holes he placed through the books, would instantly light the gunpowder in the second book, then the third, before lighting up the bomb. It would take a total of 3 minutes. That was more than enough time for the saboteur, who intended to check the phone line in the room, leave the way he came, and call AM's clinic with a payphone outside. When the phone inside the rigged room would ring, Stef would come upstairs, enter the room, and answer the phone...and before he would have time to say "Hello", the Resistance would have lost a member.

Unfortunately for Rare and fortunately for the Resistance, the encyclopedia bomb exploded and killed the saboteur before he could escape.

Can you explain why?

(Really hope I described this properly)

Last edited by someguy3657 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

42Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:22 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Oh, that's easy. The first page of the first book would be on its right side, when placed in the bookshelf, and similarly the last page of the third book would be on its left side. So the powder only had to burn through the second book. Boom. Next time we'll send in someone with more intelligence on this type of mission...quest...thing. []

43Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:52 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

>Rare's army
>Intelligence

Pick one

44Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:26 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Rare's Army gathers quite a bit of intelligence, thank ye. []

45Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

someguy3657 wrote:>Rare's army
>Intelligence

Pick one

You know Charles, I at least have the decency to act like a normal respectable person outside of the roleplays. Something for you to think about.

46Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:58 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

I could act like a normal respectable person too, you know.

It's just fun to taunt your army like this a little

47Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:24 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Well that's fine, but the entire social experience between us two doesn't have to be that solely.

What is the unique characteristic of the following words?:
coughing, thirsty, defiant

48Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

......something to do with the "th" sound? That....only two of the words actually have...erm.

49Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:14 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Accent on the penultimate syllable? []

50Riddle Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Riddle Thread Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:04 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Do you mean emphasis? In any case, the use of the word "unique" suggests it's something only those words do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum