Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debate Thread

+23
SQUIGGLES
Top Hat Zebra
AwesomeMedic
Angua
Katls
Travelcube
Bowen
Packie
someguy3657
Ziggles
A Sinister Speaker
votecoffee
Messernacht
D-Munny
Samiam
Tacoline
Gorgro
JT_the_Ninja
Jonny
Tuomey
Dog Breath
AJ
Hollyღ
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 25]

226Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:18 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

I never said that minimum wage should be high, in fact I'm in favour of a lower minimum wage.
Also, when I say "job hunting" I mean ANY job - not a career job, just a job to get me through college.
No supermarkets are hiring, no bars are hiring, there is no one who will hire me to do anything.
I am scraping by with babysitting work from my aunt.

227Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:44 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

At least you're still free to do that...in America, I think you have to be a designated childcare provider to do that, and follow all the regulations...not 100% the case, but I've heard of some ridiculous instances of that being pulled, especially where there's a local union that isn't getting its dues from the teenager who just wants to make some extra money. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

228Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Well, if I was doing it officially, I'd have to jump through some hoops alright and thus wouldn't be able to, but it's not official or taxed or anything.

229Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:13 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Yeah, government can get ridiculous like that...can't even open up a lemonade stand anymore unless you pay up...[]

230Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:04 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

See King Radical in the last panel.
Debate Thread - Page 10 2012-01-30-23p32

231Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 pm

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

I always thought Tuomey was the hobo king in this comic.

232Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 pm

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Nah, he's a heretic.

233Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:32 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

DISCLAIMER: I am about to post a quote that mentions abortion. I am NOT attempting to start or continue a discussion on abortion. That subject is only incidental to the point of this post, not in any way a focus thereof. You have been notified.

News Source A wrote:
Susan G. Komen for the Cure announced Friday it was reversing its decision to end grants to Planned Parenthood, after facing mounting pressure from pro-choice lawmakers and accusations that the breast cancer awareness organization had bowed to political influences.

News Source B wrote:
Planned Parenthood said Tuesday that the foundation had "succumbed to political pressure" by cutting its funding for breast cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood amid increased scrutiny by Congress over how Planned Parenthood provides abortion services. The decision triggered strong emotions.

In Washington, at least 22 Senate Democrats signed a letter calling on Komen to reconsider its decision.

....okay, Point 1: Really? REALLY? You're complaining that the Komen Foundation succumbed to political pressure and then putting political pressure on it to make it change its decision? ...I just...there are no words for that in Entish, Elvish, or the tongues of Men...

Point 2: Why does the government think it has the right or responsibility to dictate where a private foundation wants to spend its money? Excuse me, but I thought this was a free country...so long as it's not purchasing anything illegal with the money or giving it to criminal/terrorist organizations, there is literally NO legal or civil issue here. If people decide they don't want to support the organization based on its decisions, they are justified in doing so. If the Komen Foundation believes that it is in their best interests to do something and that their contributors agree with them, then that's their prerogative. I am sick and tired of this kind of overbearing, unconscionable bullying by our government. What the free members of Planned Parenthood do and say is also up to them, but I think the bigger sin is giving in when big daddy government starts complaining. []

234Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I was thinking about furries (Because) and I got to thinking. If, lets just say, ponies (Using this example for no reason what so ever) could talk. And think. And dance and sing and stuff. Would it really be that bad to be attracted to one?

If something is able to tell you, and those around you, of it's own free will, that it likes you...... Why would it be wrong to have a relationship with it?

On the other hand, people still wont accept interracial relationships, so....

235Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

I feel like I might be able to accept that.
But no animals I know of are sapient enough for that to be possible, with the exception of dolphins, with whom we cannot communicate.

236Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I mean, in a hypothetical situation, where one was.

237Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

Top Hat Zebra wrote:I was thinking about furries (Because) and I got to thinking. If, lets just say, ponies (Using this example for no reason what so ever) could talk. And think. And dance and sing and stuff. Would it really be that bad to be attracted to one?

If something is able to tell you, and those around you, of it's own free will, that it likes you...... Why would it be wrong to have a relationship with it?

On the other hand, people still wont accept interracial relationships, so....
two things...

1.)This debate topic is just creepy to me.

2.)I know two people who are in an interracial (last I checked) marriage with each other and are doing well

238Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

1: Ok.

2: I know some people do, butwhere Im from, its generaly frowned upon. Especially by older people.

239Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

one the second part I can only say that it sounds like the older people are racist

240Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Of course they are. Im from the South.

241Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

way south last I checked. I mean didn't you say you were from Hawaii?

242Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

No, I live in Hawaii.

Im from Louisiana.

243Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

ahh

244Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:32 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Saw this on gHacks this morning.
More file-sharing sites are being taken down, "voluntarily" or otherwise.

"Megaupload – Closed
Fileserve – Stopped filesharing. You can only download your own files. Deleting multiple files. Banning Premium accounts. Closed Affiliate Program.
Filesonic – Stopped filesharing. You can only download your own files. Closed Affiliate Program. Changed server location Jan 22, 2012. Taken down it's Facebook page Now using Digital fingerprinting. Files are being deleted as soon as uploaded (as Hotfile did).
VideoBB – Closed Affiliate Program.
Filepost – Started suspending accounts with infringing material (as Hotfile did)
Uploaded.t... – Blocked U.S. access.
Videozer – Closed Affiliate Program.
Filejungle – Owned by Fileserve (same as above). Testing USA IP addresses blocking.
Uploadstation – Owned by Fileserve (same as above). Testing USA IP addresses blocking.
4Shared – Deleting multiple files
EnterUpload - Down (Redirect)
btjunkie - Shut down
Cheggit- Closed down"

So what do we all think about this? Is this the end of the line for file-sharing or not?

245Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:08 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Do Kazaa and Limewire still exist? Because we'll be back to the virus-infested dark ages of filesharing soon if this keeps going.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

246Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:35 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Limewire was taken down in 2010, IIRC. People went to FrostWire after that; I think that's still up.

247Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:58 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

I have unlimited storage space on my website...yinz need something stored temporarily for transfer (for non-piracy reasons only) I'd have no trouble lending a hand. []

248Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:20 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I think the non-piracy bit is what's going to be the biggest problem here. Filesharing legally will always be possible through various other services (Dropbox, SkyDrive, or just plain e-mail) as long as the files aren't too big.
There's also still Rapidshare. I'd be surprised if they disappear as well since they're one of the best known ones.

I am quite bothered about the fact that there's now apparently this precedent of shutting people down because someone else stored copyrighted material on their servers. (The Megaupload case does extend further than that, but this is the reason these services are shutting down everywhere)
This is like resolving a hostage situation by blowing up the whole building. Sure, we lost some of the hostages, but at least we killed the bad guys!

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

249Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:32 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

I know a guy who still manages to get EVERYTHING.
Possibly because he had it already.

250Debate Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Debate Thread Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 am

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Yeah, I had already noticed this. I download alot of mods for my video games, and it's getting hard to actually find a place to get them

This is bullshit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum