Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Book Thread, v2...[]

+16
Bowen
someguy3657
Samiam
SQUIGGLES
Top Hat Zebra
Tacoline
Hollyღ
Tuomey
Gorgro
AwesomeMedic
Jonny
Katls
Ziggles
Travelcube
Packie
JT_the_Ninja
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Finished reading Tales from the Malazan Book of the Fallen about a month ago. My new favorite...

Am about halfway through The Black Company series.

52Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Katls

Katls

I'm reading the Looking Glass Wars series...
Love it to death.

53Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

The Looking Glass Wars is indeed, amazing!

54Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:47 pm

Katls

Katls

I'm not a fan of King Arch.
Me in my mind: "You sexist b*****!"
Card soldiers and Glass Eyes are awesome though.

55Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:15 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Currently Reading The California Voodoo Game by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes. Counting off the time already until Thursday Next 7 hits shelves next March...[]

http://www.jttheninja.com

56Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:25 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

JT_the_Ninja wrote:Currently Reading The California Voodoo Game by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes. Counting off the time already until Thursday Next 7 hits shelves next March...[]

I'm looking forward to reading that series.
I'm reading a book about Buddhism that I don't know the title of. It's ancient.

57Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

OH GOSH commercials for the girl with the dragon tattoo, i hope they dont mess it up

58Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:16 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

I liked the Swedish versions...also, Noomi Rapace (aka Lisbeth from the Swedish Millenium movies) is in the Sherlock Holmes movie coming out this month...[]

59Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:13 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Just finished reading Neuromancer by William Gibson; it certainly lived up to everything I'd heard about it. I do recommend.

60Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:12 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Today when I was in town, I got the 100 Classic Book collection for the DS for a fiver.

Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 2vA1a

61Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat May 12, 2012 10:01 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Just started reading A Brief History Of Time.

This "science" shit is amazing.
its like fucking magic or something fuuuck
Why didn't they invent science sooner?

Also borrowed some Dumas, pretty thrilled to get started on that.

62Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat May 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I've read that 'Brief history of time' book twice now and I still can't fully understand everything he writes. The time travel bit really messes with my head.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

63Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I'll be honest, it's been two days and I've only read the introduction and that was by Sagan.
But, hey, I get points for trying, right?

What about if I namedrop some other famous books?
Malcom X? Mein Kampf? Is that what all the kids are reading these days?

64Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat May 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Science hurts, but it's just so....

I don't know. Incredible. Just.... All of it.

65Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat May 12, 2012 10:29 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I wish I could just skip to the end like other books and they just make it all so easy

"Here's the secret to all this science shit"

66Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat May 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Spoiler alert:
Spoiler:

67Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

DAMNIT!

68Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Fri May 18, 2012 1:49 am

Katls

Katls

Little late saing this, but my English class is reading the Outsiders and I'm on the 4th book of Harry Potter(in my first week of reading it no less).

69Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Fri May 18, 2012 4:47 am

Samiam

Samiam

I know this is a vid in a book thread but I think this fits the discussion a bit,

70Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Fri May 18, 2012 5:33 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Seems legit.

71Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Fri May 18, 2012 5:52 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I noticed that in The God Delusion. He makes some very good points, but it's not really meant as a way to convince people unless they're already unhappy with their religious environment and need the support to break free. It's like it's written by House, it makes perfect sense, but some people will be insulted. Then again, the people who'd be most insulted are the people who wouldn't believe anything he says anyway, no matter what way it's written.

I quite enjoyed the sledgehammer approach though. A very interesting read.

72Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Fri May 18, 2012 6:07 am

Packie

Packie

I started reading the Poetic Edda today

73Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sat May 19, 2012 5:59 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I was reading the Count of Monte Cristo in front of the heater and the glue in the spine melted and all the pages fell out. sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Great book, though.

74Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun May 20, 2012 12:29 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Wait, how does a punctuation mark read books? []

75Book Thread, v2...[] - Page 3 Empty Re: Book Thread, v2...[] Sun May 20, 2012 12:41 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

With great difficulty.

Oh, uh, I mean my reading skills are of a prime degree, obelusly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum