Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daisy Owl Official Discussion

+24
Jubedy
LaLa
Packie
A Sinister Speaker
FriendlyBus
AJ
someguy3657
Ziggles
Messernacht
Bowen
davey
votecoffee
Angua
Tacoline
Tuomey
D-Munny
Samiam
Dog Breath
Hollyღ
tzipporahfeiga
Jonny
Nitehoot
JT_the_Ninja
Gorgro
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

51Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Do you think he's still angry at us dissenting? Because if he is then I've lost the last respects I had for him.

52Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:40 am

I'll be honest and say, I think Driscoll's become a more associated with the Cracked community than he has with us, as well as having a fair few criticisms from us back at the Mountain of Marmalade, so the likelihood of him apologising is quite low :/

Edit since new posts:

Yeah, I'll go with Goggy and Spooks on that one.
Also, 2me is right. If he were to come here, who would stand with him?
And Dewie, I've lost fair respect for him as well. Outbursts and abuse of power are intolerable, especially against close-knit members of an old-ish community.

53Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:40 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I know, but this is just in case. Nobody ever expected the Spanish inquisition either.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

54Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:43 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Personally, i feel he could easily redeem himself with an apology and a new update. Maybe i'm too trusting? I tend to do that.

55Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:45 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Maybe it was just a textbook case of Online Intermittent Explosive Disorder.

"prone to fits of uncontrollable rage in situations that don't call for it."

Last edited by Dewmann on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

56Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:45 am

Samiam

Samiam

Gorgro wrote:Personally, i feel he could easily redeem himself with an apology and a new update. Maybe i'm too trusting? I tend to do that.

I just be happy with a new update, internet drama aside.

57Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:59 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

*still wears his Driscoll Fan Club badge* []

http://www.jttheninja.com

58Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

I hope he does continue with the comic, it'd be a shame if he stopped.

59Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:14 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

I can still remember one of my first posts just about to a T

"Tasha likes to switch the colored stickers on Spazit's Rubik's Cubes, making them impossible to solve, slowly driving Spazit to insanity."

Those were the days...

60Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:12 am

votecoffee

votecoffee

I hope he continues the comic. I'm still a fan. Don't get why the forum and everything was shut down. I can understand him being frustrated if it wasn't working out as a full time endeavor. Wish him the best.

As a note, sorry I haven't been more active here. NASA research is going great. A bit boring at times sitting around adjusting optics for 10+ hours at a time, but a fun experience overall.

61Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty What happened to Daisy Owl? Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:35 pm

davey

Where did it go?

62Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Bowen

Bowen

We've got some information in the Official Daisy Owl discussion thread, that may have some answers for you...
As to where Driscoll is, we're not sure...

63Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:10 am

Messernacht

Messernacht

I just noticed that daisyowl.com had fallen off my list from the drop menu. I only just noticed, and felt a little sad inside...

64Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:30 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Rare spotted him on a different forum, but it's not very Daisy Owl related, it seems. Looks like the comic has been put on hold indefinitely, we haven't got any information on possible updates.

I like to extend a formal greeting to our newest member though. Despite the lack of owl-related shenanigans, you're welcome to stick around. *hands over a basket of nutella and honey*

65Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:25 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Welcome to the Treehouse, we got fun and games!

EDIT: Incidentally, how did you find us? Just curious.

66Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Hi davey, your locker's ready for you (your last name is jones, right?). []

67Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:34 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

i wonder if he has tentacles for a beard...

68Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:40 pm

votecoffee

votecoffee

Sweet montana JT! Don't threaten to send him to Davey Jones' locker! He might not come back! You ninjas and your sly unintentional death threats (or are they?!?!) ; )

69Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:50 am

Angua

Angua

I still compulsively check the site, even a couple of times a day sometimes. I've built it up so much that should a new strip appear it'll be a massive anti-climax.

http://twitter.com/Dickinsop

70Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:52 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Unless of course the new strip completely changes everything.
Or features Owl kicking a hitherto unseen bunch of itinerants out of the Treehouse.
That'd be pretty funny actually.

71Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:57 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

*12 years have passed*

Cue zombie apacolypse!

72Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:38 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Don't judge me! []

73Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

Just because he has a different lifestyle than you, you're not allowed to criticize him!

74Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I only just saw this on the cracked forums, it's from july 5th. I don't know if it's been mentioned, but this is what Driscoll himself said:

Driscoll wrote:A few people have pointed me towards this thread, so let me try and explain what's up:

When I started the comic, it was something I did because I loved it. It certainly didn't hurt that lots of strangers on the internet seemed to like it too. My readership grew from a few friends, to a hundred people, to tens of thousands. Less than a year later, I had saved up enough money to quit my job and try to do it full time.

But then it shifted from something I loved doing, into something I had to do. Instead of drawing a comic when I had a funny idea, I had to UPDATE. And then I had to take time from comics, and spend it on making shirts and posters and prints, and ordering them, and packing them, and mailing them, all for very little profit. I won't lie, it was fun to call myself a PROFESSIONAL WEBCOMIC ARTIST, but the reality is that it just took all the joy out of something I used to love doing.

I'm not done with comics, or Daisy Owl, for that matter. I want to create things more than ever, and I'm always thinking of new stories and characters. Stuff that wouldn't necessarily fit into a daily* comic format. But if I force myself to treat my passion in life as a chore, I will just slowly morph into Jim Davis.

At the moment, I'm doing some programming to pay the bills, and working on some projects that might turn into something more. So no, nothing terrible has happened to me, nor am I buried under a pile of attractive women. Not today, at least.

75Daisy Owl Official Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:49 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Classic Driscoll...[]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum