Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daisy Owl Official Discussion

+24
Jubedy
LaLa
Packie
A Sinister Speaker
FriendlyBus
AJ
someguy3657
Ziggles
Messernacht
Bowen
davey
votecoffee
Angua
Tacoline
Tuomey
D-Munny
Samiam
Dog Breath
Hollyღ
tzipporahfeiga
Jonny
Nitehoot
JT_the_Ninja
Gorgro
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Daisy Owl Official Discussion Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

"You fear go into those forums. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Treehouse 2.0. Admins and flame!"

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

2Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

The Treehouse is a place of healing; there is no evil in it, unless a man bring it there with him. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

3Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:06 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Evidence of life on daisyowl.com: The banner has gone and the links have been moved. I'm taking this as a good sign.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

4Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 am

Nitehoot

Nitehoot

Gorgro wrote:Evidence of life on daisyowl.com: The banner has gone and the links have been moved. I'm taking this as a good sign.

Yes, how it was before! Well it's nice to see he's not completely left it. Maybe if we're super lucky he'll come here and drop us a shout/appology/condolances/anything!

5Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:28 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

Pfff. He needs to get off his high horse first, and the stool has been taken away.

6Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 am

tzipporahfeiga

Does anyone know what's happened to Daisy Owl? Is Driscoll ok? It's been such a long time since an update, I think he might be sick or something Poor guy. Also, what happened to the comments section on the comics? (Sorry, I am confused and kind of sad, I love this comic!)

7Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

It's a very long story as to what happened, short version is that we think he just got overwhelmed and is taking a small break. At least, that's the best case scenario.

Edit - Here is the best explanation thus far, as told by Dog Breath:

Dog Breath wrote:There's no point in beating a dead horse but I really want to get this out of my head, I've been biting my tongue since the comments section was removed.

I believe this all started with people complaining about updates and slow store orders in the comments section. Driscoll took them down first and people started it up in the forum. Driscoll posted his whole "I'm not dead" thread and expected it all to go away. It didn't. He then took down the forum under the guise of it being "Buggy" it wasn't. It was sleek fast and unique. He put up a dummy forum to put the squabbling at arms length and removed the forum link from the comic (Don't ever expect the link to point here).

I complained about the comments section being removed and was ignored (Except for having my Mod privileges removed). Driscoll bashed some members over SUGGESTING the possibility of fan comics and I believe they only meant fan comics posted in the forum not on the main page. He then began lashing out at anyone that refused to be quiet about his complete disregard for his fans and sarcastically suggested we pay him $80K/year to if we wanted to critique his work, he repeated this at least twice and accused Gorgro of being immature (Pot/ Kettle).
Once Rare left I was pretty sure he would take down the forum. He did citing cost as the reason. I don't know where you can buy bandwidth by the day so he should have at the minimum left the forum up for the remainder of the month.

I think Driscoll is frustrated by writer's block and has a bit of a God complex. By removing the comments section, the forum, and slowing his updates he has dropped Daisy Owl down to the level of any other 2-bit comic on the Internet and when his readership drops to 1/3rd I predict he will take down the whole site.

If this sounds bitter, it isn't. I love Daisy Owl and Driscoll really hit on solid gold with the site layout and content. I believe he would have been among the top 100 web comics maybe in the top 20 if he kept the updates to twice per week and got more involved with the fans and the forum.

It's not too late, it could still happen. He just needs to swallow a little pride and get back to hard work.

Last edited by Rare on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

8Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 am

Dog Breath

Dog Breath

Driscoll had an update on Facebook yesterday I think about his cat puking and using it as bait to catch crows.
David Attenborough was involved.

I may be mis-quoting and also Mis-spelling the above.

9Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:10 am

Samiam

Samiam

I saw that facebook post to.

10Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:54 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

To hell and back with Facebook, what about the website !?

11Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:16 am

Samiam

Samiam

Ben Driscoll
My cat just puked outside my window, and
then a few crows landed and started nibbling on it. Then my cat got
all ready to pounce on them, but a little bird landed and started
harassing the crows, and then they all flew away. David Attenborough
was watching from a nearby bush, and he was
...pretty excited.

That is his last facebook post

12Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:35 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

He's on another forum that I found, and he was posting a bunch the last few days. Not a mention of updating DO or anything though, but he was mingling pretty nicely with another group of DO fans.

13Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:37 am

Rare wrote:He's on another forum that I found, and he was posting a bunch the last few days. Not a mention of updating DO or anything though, but he was mingling pretty nicely with another group of DO fans.

Zis is most curious. I'm certain he'd know about this forum as it's on the Daisy Owl page on Facebook.
Maybe he's a bit ticked off with all of us.

Honestly, the way he acted towards Gorgro, Jonny, Packie, Sulkywolfface and others, I felt was just a tad irrational.

Last edited by SB8 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:00 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

....That....THAT WHORE! *Runs off sobbing.*

We weren't good enough for him? What did we do wrong?

15Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:21 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I dunno guys. Being as non-whiny or pathetic sounding as possible, I've know about this for a while, but didn't want to mention anything because, you know, unneeded drama. But I guess we can't expect him to follow us around everywhere, seeing how he's busy with other things, and especially since he has another group that doesn't complain. And I mean this in a non-bitchy way, also.

It's his life, we have no reason to be apart of it 24/7.

Last edited by Rare on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:30 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Honestly, meh.
I'd like if he started updating again, but if he doesn't want to come here it's understandable and there'd be no point in (or possibility of) forcing him.

17Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:32 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Count a 'meh' for me as well. He may have that "Internet Tough/Cool Guy" attitude but it's no reason to pull it on those who don't deserve it. If he was joking, it was clear they didn't get the joke and there was no reason to be sarcastic over legit questions/statements.

/Butthurt

18Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:14 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

What is this other forum? []

19Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Don't start shit.

http://dragonmtn.com/

20Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:26 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Wow, that's no Mount Marmalade, to be sure...[]

21Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

JT_the_Ninja wrote:Wow, that's no Mount Marmalade, to be sure...[]

Nope.

22Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:31 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Meh, doesn't look like a very interesting forum to me...[]

23Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

JT_the_Ninja wrote:Meh, doesn't look like a very interesting forum to me...[]

It totally dosen't, I'm not jealous in the least bit.

24Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

nobody start a civil war ok?
if we start something they will certainly retaliate. this was what i was worried about to begin with when it came to making our own forum

25Daisy Owl Official Discussion Empty Re: Daisy Owl Official Discussion Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:56 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

Don't worry. If I have an urge to troll, I'll post a comment on a Youtube video arguing with other trolls. Therefore, us trolling against each other will cause super trolling leading to us successful trolls being successful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum