Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Serious » Film Thread

Film Thread

+26
kenerdthetontoe
Katls
AwesomeMedic
TheSulkingWolf
Travelcube
Jubedy
A Sinister Speaker
Ziggles
someguy3657
Bowen
Sunny
Packie
Tasha the Silly Panda
KitaraRayne
Nitehoot
Samiam
D-Munny
JT_the_Ninja
Angua
Jonny
Messernacht
Tacoline
Hollyღ
Tuomey
Gorgro
AJ
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 16, 2012 12:45 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Buying Scrubs on DVD was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Definitely in, like, the top one hundred decisions.
Final season is awful though, complete waste.

I bet the cast are all exactly like their characters in real life.

952Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 16, 2012 1:32 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

I tried to get into it but I just couldn't. JD and Turk irritate the crap out of me.

953Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 16, 2012 2:29 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Sarah Chalke makes it for me.
She's so pretty I would hold her hand in a public place.

954Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 16, 2012 2:45 am

Jonny

Jonny

That is adorable.

955Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Katls

Katls

Fern Gully would be an even better movie if it wasn't so dang envormentalist. Good songs, excelent animation and voice acting, but they should had just dropped that whole "we shouldn't cut down the rainforest and shouldn't experiment on animals" moral and demonizing lumberjacks and scientists.

956Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

They weren't demoralizing lumberjacks and scientists, they were demoralizing CORRUPT lumberjacks and scientists. Unfortunately there are lumberjacks who destroy priceless forests and scientists who cruelly experiment animals in the name of 'science'. If you saw Batty's flashbacks, they weren't doing humane testing. They were, in laymens terms, torturing him because they could. They weren't showing the kind of legalized animal testing you'd see today, where the animals are comfortable and provided specialized care and saying it was bad. They weren't showing lumberjacks following laws and being conscience about the environment and saying it was bad. They were showing two very corrupt people and saying they were bad.

Yes, the movie was highly preachy and showed the darker side of two professions, but I'd rather children learn the truths of life then pretend everyone and everything is fine and there are no evil in the world. That's why kids nowadays are so damn pathetic and whiny. They were raised thinking the world is faeries and unicorns and that they are special snowflakes when neither is true.

957Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Taiju

Taiju

Lady Rare wrote:That's why kids nowadays are so damn pathetic and whiny. They were raised thinking the world is faeries and unicorns and that they are special snowflakes when neither is true.

Hah, I wish. Kids nowadays are raised by their precious Xbox 360 and their Call of Duty.

958Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Thu May 17, 2012 3:04 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I played CoD once at a friend's house. It was okay. I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer, everyone is so rude.

Has anyone seen that new one with Kirsten Dunst? Euphoria or Melancholia or something.
It sounds good.

959Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Fri May 25, 2012 6:02 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

So I saw most Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Yes, I know it's a stupid, stupid movie, but for some reason, I am compelled to watch stupid, stupid movies as long as they're actiony enough.
So here's my take on it. Check it out on Wikipedia if you want an actual plot summary.
Spoilers abound.

Spoiler:

Again, stupid movie, but hey, it was fun.

960Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Fri May 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Katls

Katls

It wasn't THAT bad...

961Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Fri May 25, 2012 7:43 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Spoiler:
WHOOPS ALMOST FORGOT SPOILERS

962Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sat May 26, 2012 3:46 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

I can't help but think I read this discussion on Cracked before..

963Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sat May 26, 2012 3:03 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

Spoiler:

964Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 30, 2012 12:45 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I finally got around to watching Underworld Awakening. Gosh, I enjoyed the shit out of this movie. The finer points of the story were obviously written by a yam but Kate Beckinsale just makes it; really, if it wasn't for her no-one would watch these movies. It's primarily because she's outrageously gorgeous but she's also a great actress. I'm probably going to cop it for this, but the Underworld series is probably one of my favourite movie series.

I would not recommend this movie to anyone with epilepsy; there are so many flashing lights that they would probably actually die.

Also, 10 minutes of credits, come on, that is ridiculous.

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN IT
I WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS IT

965Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 30, 2012 3:29 am

Taiju

Taiju

You forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of leather she wears throughout every single film.

966Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Taiju wrote:You forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of leather she wears throughout every single film.

You mean there's more to the Underworld series besides her leather outfits?!

967Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 am

Taiju

Taiju

Rare ♥ wrote:
Taiju wrote:You forgot to mention the ridiculous amount of leather she wears throughout every single film.

You mean there's more to the Underworld series besides her leather outfits?!

I know! I was just as surprised as you!

968Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:41 pm

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I have now seen Blade Runner; it was okay. I really liked the setting and the whole premise but the way it was all put together could have been better. I think the whole thing with DeckerxRachel needed to be cut completely. There was not enough time in the movie for that to be played out well enough; if they made the movie longer and expanded it it would have been better. Would have liked to see more Roy and less Decker, overall. I can see how Blade Runner was such a huge influence for so many things but I don't think that, in itself, it was exceptional.

and oH MY GOSH I kept having Witness flashbacks every time Harrison Ford said "Rachel". Such a distraction.

969Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:08 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

Did you see the version with the weird, stilted narration? If you did, then find the other version, it's way better.

970Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:15 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

The thing about Blade Runner is that there's this big controversy about Deckard being a replicant or not, even with different versions of the film suggesting different interpretations if you really look for them.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

971Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:53 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

I'm pretty sure the one meant to be taken as canon is that doesn't have the narration and also doesn't have a
(lolspoilers)

Spoiler:

972Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:05 am

Jonny

Jonny

Just finished Watching POTC: Dead Man's Chest. I know a lot of people don't like them but I really do: I love the swashbuckling action and world of magic and legend it inhabits.

973Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 am

Taiju

Taiju

Jonny wrote:Just finished Watching POTC: Dead Man's Chest. I know a lot of people don't like them but I really do: I love the swashbuckling action and world of magic and legend it inhabits.

Dead Man's Chest was my personal favorite out of the PotC series.

Also, imagine what it would be like if they cast anyone besides Johnny Depp to play Sparrow. He really set the tone to be serious at some times then funny as hell the rest of the time.

974Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

I thought he lost all pretence of seriousness by Dead Man's Chest. There was at least some mystery and possibility to expand the character a bit in the first one, but then they just made it more and more so he'd be just the comic relief character and nothing else.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

975Film Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Film Thread Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:15 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

My favourite of the PotC movies has to be On Stranger Tides...mostly because no Legolas or Decoy Amidala.

What? Of course I've seen those films. Gotta study the enemy. []

http://www.jttheninja.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

» Serious » Film Thread

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum