Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Icriex's Anime Thread - by popular demand!

+11
D-Munny
Hollyღ
Tacoline
Jonny
Gorgro
Ziggles
AwesomeMedic
someguy3657
Top Hat Zebra
eren jaeger
SQUIGGLES
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

As an anime, Cardcaptor Sakura is pretty benign. Apparently there's loads of homosexual undertones in the original Japanese version. Me being a no-good philistine I've only really seen the English dub.

I do find a little depressing it takes them about five episodes to reveal one plot point.

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

Has anybody seen Higurashi no naku koro ni? I always wanted to get into it because that intro is fucking horrifying but I forgot about it and time

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

I've seen a few episodes. It's alright.

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Well. I finally saw Spirited Away. It was really good. I don't know why I waited so long to watch it.
Full list of anime I've seen(75)::

Taiju

Taiju

You'd love Miyazaki's other films then too. They're just as good as Spirited Away.

Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
(The list said you already saw Nausicaä)
Ponyo
Lupin III: The Castle of Cogliostro
Castle In The Sky
The Secret World of Arrietty
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

SQUIGGLES wrote:You're the king of anime

AHAHAHA!! BOW BEFORE ME, MINIONS! FETCH ME MY ORANGE-TINTED TRIANGULAR SHADES, BRING OUT THE WAIFUS! I SHALL REQUIRE TEN THOUSAND KILOGRAMS OF POCKY AND SIXTY BILLION DOUBLE DOLLARS WORTH OF ANIPLEX BLU-RAY BOX-SET'S (that's about three) TONIGHT I SHALL DINE ON THE FINEST INSTANT RAMEN WITH MAMOROU MIYANO AND STEVEN JAY BLUM. GET MR.BOSCH ON THE  PHONE, TELL HIM WE'RE GOING TO AKIBA TOMORROW! AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, TELL ANNO TO GET TO WORK ON 4.0. I'M NOT GOING TO LIVE FOREVER YOU KNOW? THAT REMINDS ME, GET SOME OF THAT ELIXIR STUFF THAT SZILARD WAS TALKING ABOUT!

Jonny

Jonny

Just finished watching Summer Wars.

I really enjoyed it.

someguy3657

someguy3657

Guys, I'm watching "Angel Beats!"

In case you never heard about it, it takes place in a fake school in the afterlife, where people go if they still have lingering feelings from their time on earth. But in the school, there's an organization created to fight God for the awful fates He gave them on earth.

There's an excellent mix of comedy and drama. There were some moments where I had to pause the video because I was laughing too hard, and other moments where I nearly started crying

I just finished watching an episode which had one of those tearjerking moments, where we find out what happened in the life of one of the characters

Guys, all these feels

Fuck it, I don't give a shit that it's 1:38 AM and I should really go to sleep, I'm watching another episode

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Man, that's a bad idea
I marathon-ed FMA once a long time ago. That fucking episode with
Spoiler:

shit, I don't think I've ever come so close to killing myself except for that time I actually tried to kill myself

someguy3657

someguy3657

Man, no way

I'm gonna marathon this shit in the middle of the night, on my ipod, lying in my huge ass bed in my underwears

And I'm gonna love it, motherfucker

Tacoline

Tacoline

Jonny wrote:As an anime, Cardcaptor Sakura is pretty benign. Apparently there's loads of homosexual undertones in the original Japanese version. Me being a no-good philistine I've only really seen the English dub.

I do find a little depressing it takes them about five episodes to reveal one plot point.
cardcaptors was the first anime i ever watched. i was a kid and i remember every day after school going home and waiting for it to come on.
i have the clow book with all the cards in it XD

Tacoline

Tacoline

Taiju wrote:You'd love Miyazaki's other films then too. They're just as good as Spirited Away.

Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
(The list said you already saw Nausicaä)
Ponyo
Lupin III: The Castle of Cogliostro
Castle In The Sky
The Secret World of Arrietty
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
all the studio ghibli's are great!
i can't
i just can't
bowen you have to see them!
they have this innocence about them since they are usually about kids, lupin not included but lupin's also very good, and they are general statements about life usually. totoro is very touching, there are alot of hilarious moments, but at the same time there's alot of sad ones too.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

We are breaking new ground here in appreciating studio ghibli's work.
In all seriousness Miyazaki movies are probably my favorite animated films, I always end up marathoning them. I don't agree they are all of the same quality however. Ponyo for example doesnt come close to the same caliber as Spirited Away or Naasica.

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

I was reading up on John Titor and his Wikipedia article mentions Steins;Gate - what's that like? Has anyone seen it? No spoilers at all, pleases

Jonny

Jonny

Tacoline wrote:
i have the clow book with all the cards in it XD
Want.

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

SQUIGGLES wrote:I was reading up on John Titor and his Wikipedia article mentions Steins;Gate - what's that like? Has anyone seen it? No spoilers at all, pleases
I've seen it. It's really good. Thanks for bringing this to my attention by the way, I didn't realize that the John Titor thing was based on actual events.

Jonny wrote:Just finished watching Summer Wars.

I really enjoyed it.
I just watched that about a week ago. It was super good.

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Ten Animes To See Before You Die

Neon Genesis Evangelion is mentioned and praised here
For fucks sake I'm so sick of this fucking anime it's so overrated

What do you guys think, what are the top animes to watch in ones lifetime?

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Death Note and Soul Eater
"but Sasha, those are so popular and uncool"
there's a reason they're popular

Death Note is a great exploration of justice and morality
Soul Eater is just fucking awesome

*FMA
*NGE (yeah NGE is really good, shinji's a complete sack of shit but that's what makes it good)
*Ghost in the Shell
*Akira
*Cowboy Bebop

Perfect Blue?
Madoka Magica?

I really do not watch enough to get 10 but I think those are probably the best I've seen

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Hollyღ wrote:What do you guys think, what are the top animes to watch in ones lifetime?
1: Gurren Lagann
2: Gurren Lagann
3: Gurren Lagann
4: Cowboy Bebop
5: Gurren Lagann
6: Gurren Lagann
7: Cowboy Bebop
8: Gurren Lagann
9: everything by Hayou Miyazaki
10: Gurren Lagann

eren jaeger

eren jaeger

mmmm what are the top animes to watch in ones lifetime?

well
1. attack on titan(up to what out right now)
2. gundam wing
3. all Ghost in the Shell(they maybe make new one soon)
4. death note
5. Cowboy Bebop
(the next one I have not watch all the way thought or not all, but want too)
6. fate/zero
7. RahXephon

Icriex the Hyperbolic

Icriex the Hyperbolic

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES

Icriex's Anime Thread - by popular demand! - Page 7 NwDF1

eren jaeger

eren jaeger

SQUIGGLES wrote:Icriex's Anime Thread - by popular demand! - Page 7 NwDF1
kill with titans

[img]Icriex's Anime Thread - by popular demand! - Page 7 Eren_j10[/img]

Tacoline

Tacoline

Icriex the Hyperbolic wrote:
SQUIGGLES wrote:I was reading up on John Titor and his Wikipedia article mentions Steins;Gate - what's that like? Has anyone seen it? No spoilers at all, pleases
I've seen it. It's really good. Thanks for bringing this to my attention by the way, I didn't realize that the John Titor thing was based on actual events.
stiens gate is really good. its not really action orientated, but the story is great imo.
so if you want a story driven anime that has comedic ups as well as serious moments, then check it out.

also madoka magica is really goood.
eff kyubey he's a mean sonofagun

attack on titan is incredible, i honestly can never predict whats going to happen in it. and its theme song goes with everthing

i was told recently to watch cowboy bebop. so that will be occurring soon.

Tacoline

Tacoline

so i decided to watch the madoka magica movies, (the anime is a bit better imo, it has more details in it) and while doing so i looked up the witches on the wiki as they showed up.
there's alot of speculation on it and its really interesting
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Characters
spoiled because it actually is spoilers
witches:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum