Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even-

+18
Tasha the Silly Panda
Top Hat Zebra
Tuomey
Travelcube
Messernacht
Packie
Jonny
Moltenfield
Hollyღ
someguy3657
Ziggles
Katls
Gorgro
AwesomeMedic
JT_the_Ninja
Taiju
SQUIGGLES
D-Munny
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

101TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

TTBM: There's something just not right about this:

[]

http://www.jttheninja.com

102TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

That is terrible. But it's a cultural thing, and therefore untouchable.

103TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 am

Taiju

Taiju

JT_the_Ninja wrote:TTBM: There's something just not right about this:

[]

They why does it taste SO DAMN DELICIOUS?

104TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:30 am

Jonny

Jonny

I imagine taste and method of preparation are not linked.

105TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 am

Taiju

Taiju

You'd be correct there my friend. At least in my case anyways :/

106TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

TTBM: My sister has discovered Microsoft Sam.

107TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

May God have mercy on your soul.

108TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:23 am

Jonny

Jonny

Oh God, I feel so ill, you guys. *melodrama*

109TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:18 am

Messernacht

Messernacht

TTMB: Kofi Annan just resigned as Special Envoy to Syria. When you consider the man's resume, and the skills and power he has held, we see a man who has had to deal with a major crisis with both hands tied.

110TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

TTBM: It's 118.4 °F here.....

111TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:12 am

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius

>Real Men of Genius!

Today we salute you, Mr. Tech-help seeking commenter posting the same distress comment on the same torrent page.

>Mr. Tech-help seeking commenter!

You think the only way to watch movies is through Windows Media Player.

>Guys help why doesn't it work!

You have the entire internet at your fingertips with thousands of specially designed websites for your exact problem but you can't even bring yourself to use google or Wikipedia.

>I'm getting audio but no video!

All those people leaving comments that actually help other people? Nerds. They should pander to you and your issues - after all, you've spent an entire WEEK getting to know torrents and you can backspace the toolbar and zoom in enhance right click save.

>I bet they use linux!

When people chide you your inner hulk is unleashed in a tidal-wave of self-importance and bad spelling. How dare they correct your wrongness!

>You're just like my father!

So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, Mr. I-Reported-You-To-The-Internet-Police-For-Being-Mean, because without you and your piss-poor judgement in downloading and internet usage, the RIAA wouldn't have any low-hanging fruit to go after.

>Mr. Tech-help seeking commenter!

112TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

TTGM: Well, my brother's car, which has been busted for several weeks now, needs to be towed. We didn't know it needed to be towed, and just thought that it was a minor problem. My father however, wanted to get it inspected sooner rather than later, so we'd be ready for the worst if the worst came.

Well, that day came, and now my brother, who needs to be back in college in a little over a week, is going out to talk to the tow guys, because he can't find his keys that we spent half an hour looking for. Dad does not know this yet, but when he does, I assume he'll be pissed, and I also assume that he will not vent his anger in a healthy way.

Maybe it's wrong to jump to conclusions, but I'm pretty sure my brother just fucked things up for everybody.

113TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Jonny

Jonny

Sigh. An article on IGN about a gay gamer's convention. There is a place to talk about this, but IGN is certainly not it.

114TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:37 am

D-Munny

D-Munny

TTBM: People like these assholes who are so petty that they bitch and moan about the font used to present an important fucking piece of information.

TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Higgs10

Spoiler:

115TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:32 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Comic Sans is kind of a running gag in the graphic design world (Trust me, I spent about 3 years doing that sort of stuff before switching to computer science). I think most of them aren't really that serious.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

116TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:42 am

someguy3657

someguy3657

I don't see why people hate comic sans so fucking much.

117TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:05 am

Taiju

Taiju

TTBM: People who text while driving.

LIKE THIS DUMBASS.

I'm glad he survived and all, but IF YOU'RE SO FUCKING WORRIED THAT AN ACCIDENT WOULD HAPPEN WHY ARE YOU EVEN FUCKING TEXTING WHILE DRIVING IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!?!?

He also forgot to mention the dangers it poses to other people on the road. What if he veered into another car, they died, and he survived? He would have their deaths on his hands. No amount of apologizing could ever make up for that.

118TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:10 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

That...so much that...[]

119TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:12 am

Gorgro

Gorgro
Glorious Leader

Comic Sans is specifically designed for comic books or any other type of design targeted at children. It's not supposed to be used in serious places and is exceptionally bad at being used as body text. The main issue is that most people don't know the first thing about font usage and usually want their design to look more informal compared to the "boring" Times New Roman or Arial default setting. Comic Sans is very informal indeed and doesn't have to be joined with a specific theme like some other "special" fonts do. Due to it's years of widespread use by people who wouldn't know good design if it slapped them in the face, it's been permanently linked with childish incompetence. The hate isn't really directed at the font specifically, it stems from the way it's been (mis)used.

https://treehouse.forumotion.com

120TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

SQUIGGLES

SQUIGGLES
The 7th Wonder of the World

THIS IS MY POST IN THE SERIOUS BOARD
I HOPE YOU LIKE IT
I TRIED TO KEEP IT RELEVANT TO THE TOPIC
BUT MAYBE IT IS A LITTLE TOO IRRELEVANT

USER WAS HOBO-KNIFED FOR THIS POST

Last edited by Tuomey on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : HOBO KNIFE ATTACK)

121TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

Jesus Christ Dew, calm the hell down. People hate on comic sans because it's now a 'thing', they are exaggerating for a misplaced attempt at humor.

122TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:59 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

*sees text in Comic Sans*

*thought he'd removed said font from his computer*

*checks /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts, finds Comic Sans*

*sudo rm -rf Comic_Sans**

*sudo fc-cache -fv*

*problem solved...*

[]

123TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

D-Munny

D-Munny

Okay yeah, my freakout over the dudes talking about comic sans was pretty unjustified. All it was was the result of a stressful last 30 or so hours involving looking for my brother's car keys, going to the dentist, and getting pictures taken, so I chose a silly thing to vent about.
I apologize.

124TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

wait, the fuck? This is the TTBM board - people can complain about whatever the hell they desire no matter how trivial. why is Dew being told to 'calm the hell down' on the board DESIGNED for freaking out?

If I want to complain about something that bugs me I should be able to, even if it's deemed asinine to others.

Comic Sans being used in that explanation of the Higgs bugs the fuck out of me, honestly. Yes, it's the material being explained that is important, but presentation should be equally important also. Honestly, Comic Sans is the font you think of for presenting such important ground-breaking discoveries? Not 'end of humanity' type details but still pretty irksome.

For the record I have no issue on Comic Sans. The usage of it here though, pretty inappropriate.

125TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- - Page 5 Empty Re: TTBM #4? 5? I don't even- Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:53 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

CALM DOWN MEW. STOP FREAKING OUT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum