Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOD AND DRENK

+12
Moltenfield
Ziggles
AJ
someguy3657
D-Munny
Taiju
Hollyღ
JT_the_Ninja
Jonny
Gorgro
Packie
SQUIGGLES
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51FOD AND DRENK - Page 3 Empty Re: FOD AND DRENK Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:05 pm

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Do you feel like an elephant? [ ]

http://www.jttheninja.com

52FOD AND DRENK - Page 3 Empty Re: FOD AND DRENK Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Bowen

Bowen

I think spicy foods need to get their act together and start using a scale with units to describe the heat of the spice. I know one exists, but I cannot be arsed researching what it's called.
As it is now, it seems the companies producing them just slap down a random description most of the time.
I keep buying salami and whilst the mild variants tend to be accurate enough, the 'Hot' salamis tend are usually just as if not less spicy than the mild variety. The mild ones have a bit of a kick to them but the 'hot' ones have about as much kick as a quadriplegic.

It's kinda disappointing, I feel.

53FOD AND DRENK - Page 3 Empty Re: FOD AND DRENK Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Ziggles

Ziggles

Ah I know what you mean! Although I don't like salami. However, things that are very hot for me are often palatable by my other family members. It would be difficult to correlate such a thing.
I'm allergic to cumin, which is used as a flavoring in most Mexican/Tex-Mex dishes. This means every time I try to get a tasty burrito or enchilada, it just tastes like horrible burning in my mouth. I am saddened by this.

It's also funny to see the things people do places that aren't Texas. In Colorado, the salsa just tastes like ketchup. People do not put picante sauce in their omelets. THEY DON'T SERVE NACHOS AT DAIRY QUEEN.
And if I went to Central America, I would get mild sauce and I would burst into flames.

54FOD AND DRENK - Page 3 Empty Re: FOD AND DRENK Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Scoville scale is the unit of measurement for spicy food. I find myself pretty tolerant of spice in foods I eat but my pallet is tender compared to some people I know around here.

On an unrelated note, Ive taken up drinking red wine as a bit of a hobby of mine, anyone has recommendations?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum