Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

World War Three RPG

+5
Moltenfield
Tacoline
Katls
AwesomeMedic
Top Hat Zebra
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:54 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

For now this is my nation flag (I did this because I could I may end up destroying it)
World War Three RPG - Page 3 Flag11

52World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:59 am

Katls

Katls

Hey Taco, you should turn on the PM notification pop-up. There needs to be covert messages, and things would be supicous if it was posted that you had mail right before a covert mission happened.

53World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:07 am

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

(Sorry if Im a little late here, but...)

Seeing as how, other than Packie, all of us are actually the leaders of our country, we should do a different system for the units. I do like how you thought this up Katls, but it needs to be on a much larger scale. We wouldnt be recruting individual squads, but rather, entire regiments. I think, at least to start, we should have a few basic units, and one or two unique units. Mine are;

The 'Gators: A distingushed century composed of native Cajuns who have live in the bayous of Louisiana all their life. Can perform ambushes.

Dogspiders: With the head of a dog, the torso of a man, and the body of a spider, these terrifying beings inspire fear in all who face them. Can perform ambushes.

The basic units could be;

Regiment of infantry.
Regiment of armor.
Armoured infantry regiment.
Etc... Something simple like that.

I for one organize my recruting in Cohorts, each one being 1000 men strong. Each Legion contains ten Cohorts. I currently have seven Legions at my command.

EDIT: Looking back over it, you probably do have the best way. It will get very complicated though. I, however, can use that to my advantage.

(Should we hold off on starting this until after the holidays? I will be getting on, but I realize other people might be busy.)

54World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 am

Katls

Katls

Alright, you have a point, but I will keep the origonal units, but their recruting will be increased to taking regements and it instead of attacking indeviduals attack a full regemnt and removing some of the specails that reliy on indviduals. I like the idea of diversity, and there are already nation specific units out there, like I have some [Retracted for the national securtiy of the French Empire] units and I am working on specal units for my 5 military devisions. Packie has his secret weapons, Moltenfeild has two extra standard units and a rather powerful secret unit that costs $25 mill to get the full package(and is rather fragile for it's power).
Speaking of which, I have to work on the units. I will consiter it. I think we need to set up a test thread so we can check the game macanics.

55World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 am

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

Ditch the secret weapon (unless if I need it to play) and use my secret units (talking about my weapons and units).

56World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Katls

Katls

Alright, we aren't doing this until after the holidays for the fact that sceduals will be tired up, including mine. Plus, I'm going to have to work out a few dents anyways and I also have to do a book report at some point.

57World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Thats fine. Im tied up with my mincraft base anyway. ( Got Yogbox.)

58World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

hey guys, sry i havent been keeping up.
so i'll be playing as an all-connected computer with the knowledge of covert affairs and secret weapons.
just so you know, zebra is technically the dm, not me. i'm not sure i should control the neutral nations
so basically i should give updates?

+1 idea. We need someone who will not control a contry and will give reports about the effects of covert operations without revelling who did it. This person would recive the fact that someone is performing a covert operation via PM

59World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Katls

Katls

Well, he's a player. This isn't exactly DnD, but we use the dice system for fighting.
We need to have a person who isn't an offical player to give the covert operation missions to for rolling and than notifying the effect of a covert mission without reveling who did it unless cirtein curcomstances are met and to control the neutal nations when they are attacked, but only on the defenceive.

60World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

I could stop being a player!!! I could instead represent the nuetral countries by being a sort of.... UN-like governing body. I could decide the rules of engagement (Like no nuclear weapons, etc.) and control the nuetral countries in a non-direct way. (Which I will figure out...)

61World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Katls

Katls

We have almost to little players as it is. Taco, you've already had aggred to doing this right? We won't start until the week after the holidays, so it shouldn't mess with anyone's time.

62World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:06 pm

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

Sorry if I'm late I was planing stuff for this.

Gouvernment: Communism

Title/Name: The Great Comrade Stef

Basic Info: Capitol, Moscow. Large army but with a lot of infantry. Trying to create a nuke.
Lots of industry and worker.

History: After the fail of the capitalism in Russia, a small group of Neo-Communist found a great oportunity to destroy once and for all the corruption in the country. Stef, the leader, started to create small riot to disturb the police so they could act in shadow. Propaganda started to appear all around the country. Some of them talked about the corruption and some others, about how great the country was when they were under a communist gouvernment. Riot were multiplaying as soon as the great people of Russia were aware of this. When the revolution came, the entire army joined the communist and took over the capitol. Stef was named The Great Comrade. Stef was sure that the other countries would be alert of the new rise of the communism, so he started some research on secret weapon he had in mind. Some of them worked...

World War Three RPG - Page 3 Ww3_ma10

63World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Katls

Katls

Ok AM, I perfer that you just draw the boundrys and I do the mapping, but I'll let you do that for now, but next time just draw the boders Ok?

64World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 pm

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

I don't get it?

65World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Katls

Katls

You get the land, but I'm the mapper and I could have given you a better deal on that land, but it's concerte now.
Update: To simpfly things, troops will annex neutral territorys rather than conquor them so there will be no need to control them at any point.

66World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

Katls Nalcrato wrote:Well, he's a player. This isn't exactly DnD, but we use the dice system for fighting.
We need to have a person who isn't an offical player to give the covert operation missions to for rolling and than notifying the effect of a covert mission without reveling who did it unless cirtein curcomstances are met and to control the neutal nations when they are attacked, but only on the defenceive.
so... i'm the dm
i control the npc neutral nations, i inform the players when they are being attacked and how much damage they are taking and whose turn it is. the only thing i dont control is what the players do. like in dnd.
i'll try, but i havent done this type of game before, so if it turns out badly then i'll step down.

67World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Katls

Katls

Well, Taco, we don't have DM for this. All of the roll that you took was contoling neutral nations during attacks(which does no longer applies because we will just annex neutral contorys) and do success rolls for covert operations and their effects without the reveling of the nation who conducted it. Example:
I as the leader of France send a sabator to a oil rig belonging to Russia to distroy it. You would do a 1d20 on a thread I will set aside for you and if it comes within a cirten range the operation will be sucessful. If it is sucessful here is what you would post;
An oil rig belonging to Russia has been distroied by a sabator belonging to an unkown nation.

68World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

this should get interesting...

69World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Katls, please keep in mind this is Zebra's RPG and, even though he might enjoy the extra help, being overly abrasive or controlling can put off some people and cause issues. Please ask someone if they would like to do something before giving them the role, and always ask the OP (Original Poster) if it's okay for you to get so involved.

Also, some people mailed me asking me to join - I'm flattered with all the invites, but unfortuantly I have my own projects to work on, plus the original RP to post in (still) thus won't be able to join. Sorry everyone!

70World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Thank you, Rare. I dont mind the help, seeing as how I've never done this before. I shall allow him to be vice DM.

Well, I understand the need for simplifying things, but I think that Taco should control the nuetral countries. It wouldnt make sense for me to annex the entire US, being such a small country. Or, at the very least, we should have to conquer them just like regular countries.

71World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Katls

Katls

Well, I'm going devide the neutal conunties into sectors, so you it wouldn't be taking the whole US, but I see your point.
I still hold my proposal on a 1 game week cease-fire amonst the players. It will give us a chance to build our armys for when the real fighting starts, and we can still take nuetral territorys during the cease-fire, we just can't attack each other.

I might have said this already, but I'll be doing a book report tomorrow. For at least the first half of the day I'll be unavalable.

72World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

Katls Nalcrato wrote:Well, I'm going devide the neutal conunties into sectors, so you it wouldn't be taking the whole US, but I see your point.
I still hold my proposal on a 1 game week cease-fire amonst the players. It will give us a chance to build our armys for when the real fighting starts, and we can still take nuetral territorys during the cease-fire, we just can't attack each other.

I might have said this already, but I'll be doing a book report tomorrow. For at least the first half of the day I'll be unavalable.

The ceasefire is a good idea. We shall do it.

73World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

I agree on this. There should also be a rule that once someone loses we restart the game with a refresher on the unit lists. The players should also be PM'ed when it does. People may start with different locations. and more players are allowed to join when it restarts. During Game progress no new players, but spectators are allowed. That is all I have to suggest for the moments.

74World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:34 pm

Moltenfield

Moltenfield

sry for double posting but this seems to be getting nowhere. Does anyone else think so?

75World War Three RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: World War Three RPG Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Top Hat Zebra

Top Hat Zebra

We were waiting until after Christmas. I then forgot about it. Lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum