Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything's coming up Treehouse

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video Games

+12
Travelcube
Gorgro
Tuomey
JT_the_Ninja
Hollyღ
someguy3657
Samiam
Bowen
A Sinister Speaker
Tacoline
Jonny
AwesomeMedic
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:37 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

Tomorrow is the day after today where maybe I'll get my 3DS!!!!!

2Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:26 am

Jonny

Jonny
Prince of the Squirtle Squad

;O. 3DSs for all!

In other news Xenoblade is now coming to Europe! It's a Wii RPG.

3Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

tryuing to get to gamestop soon so i can PREORDER PORTAL 2

4Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:55 pm

A Sinister Speaker

OMG OMG I GOT AN XBOX AND LIVE ADD ME (SoftcoverSquid)

5Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Well.
I'm not sure why an ad for Saw 3 was at the start of the trailer for Okamiden, but it was.
How pleasant. I REALLY enjoyed seeing those things in the same video.

6Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:14 am

Jonny

Jonny

That mystifies me. Surely ads should be content-appropriate to the video being shown?

Hmm. I'm wondering how I'm going to afford Portal 2 when it comes out. Maybe I'll just wait a month or two.

7Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:42 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

I have my copy of Portal 2 waiting in the EBgames backstore

8Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Jonny

Jonny

I would quite like to get Buzz! Quiz World for PS3 but I fear I have nobody to play it with. :[

9Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

sludge wrote:OMG OMG I GOT AN XBOX AND LIVE ADD ME (SoftcoverSquid)
yay will do! what games do u have?

10Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Tacoline wrote:
sludge wrote:OMG OMG I GOT AN XBOX AND LIVE ADD ME (SoftcoverSquid)
yay will do! what games do u have?

will do

11Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:55 am

A Sinister Speaker

Only got Fable 3, but enjoying it a lot. A bunch of friend are going to give me some games, and I need a headset.

12Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Tacoline

Tacoline

we could help u in fable 3. although we can join ur games u might not be able to join ours because we have some dlc's

13Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:39 pm

Bowen

Bowen

Oh gods, I love the diversity of Minecraft. I'm currently a perfect double of Link, complete with items, flying a jet, gunning down zombies and creating Portals.
Thats likely breaking a few laws of gaming.

14Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:51 pm

someguy3657

someguy3657

That sounds badass.

I now want Minecraft =(

15Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:16 am

AwesomeMedic

AwesomeMedic

wow its about time!

16Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:31 am

A Sinister Speaker

Hey Fable 3 players does anyone have The Swinging Sword? I'll trade what I have for it....keep getting trolled by it online

17Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Samiam

Samiam

I have it

18Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 pm

A Sinister Speaker

Sweetness! I have a few things I can give you for it, but admittedly I'm quite a newb at this game. I think it's a lot of fun though

19Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Samiam

Samiam

parallelsamiam is my gamer tag fyi

20Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Samiam

Samiam

Well I been playing through Dragon Age 2 and haven't been to impressed by it.

The game is good but not as good as Dragon Age Origins. It drops the progressive story for a hub based mission style. The game is divided into 3 acts, each separated by years. You can do things in one act that affects the later acts but you still feel like you are not progressing toward a goal.

Combat is another problem for me, an attempt was made to "speed things up" but that has come at a cost. You can not fight battles "tactically" like you could. The position warriors as road blocks while you use mages as long range artillery simply does not work. Each time you think you are finished a new wave of enemies will appear in a flanking position right behind you and while you may be wailing away on a elite enemy with a high health pool you have a new wave slaughter your mages from behind with little warning. Almost every battle is like that. Battles also suffer the tedium of button mashing, instead of giving commands to attack, you have to mash the button for every swing. This hurts the battles that instead of having an almost RTS quality of issuing commands to a squad as the leader you are doing more of a hackn'-slash.

The set locations are also hurting. "Cave" locations are all the same map you are just in one arrangement or another of the same cave. Same goes for many locations, you have "underground", "deeproad", "cave" ect. ect. It is the same location for all, you are just traveling a different part of it.

The designers spent a while giving several monsters/races overhauls. Darkspawn got a new style, Qunari have a new style and even some prominent characters from the original game received overhauls. But why not the main character? You are only allowed to be human in the game and either male or female and that is it. You get the same default character models as the original with very little changes. Character choice/creation is very limited. Added the fact they recycled a very large amount of character models it leaves you wondering why go out of your way to make those huge changes?

Weapons/items/armor got the worst deal out of them all in my opinion. There is hardly any "set" items and most stuff you find is generic that winds up being much more powerful then the named items you just spent a lot of gold on because generics scale to level.

Storyline-wise it does have the problem of you not working toward any goal like i said before. The game itself feels like it is just filler and the ending is very ambiguous. You choose how the story unfolds and what events happen and whatnot in the first 2 acts and the 3 act is more of a climax of all the side stories you started or did not start. After all that the game leaves you with the impression something else has been happening the whole time.

With all it's faults the game does shine on a few things, Boss battles feel more like boss battles and voice acting is topnotch. Crafting is much better handled than in the original and it is nice to see the game designers attempt to take the game in a new direction without removing it from it's roots. But the problem is that the game uses the same engine as the original and is much to close to the original to have the changes be good. They give you a faster combat setting that could have really benefited from an ability to designate targets. They go through character redesigns but leave so much untouched.

The game is good on it's own but don't go into it after playing Dragon Age Origins expecting something better.

21Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Hollyღ

Hollyღ
Dove in the Moonlight

Bones, you should make a game review blog!

22Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:27 am

JT_the_Ninja

JT_the_Ninja
Ninjafleet Captain

Bones? []

http://www.jttheninja.com

23Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:44 am

Tuomey

Tuomey
King Under The Bridge

Bones.

24Video Games Empty Re: Video Games Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:46 am